Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes they fuck!n9 can!! its all about good D, 20 points difference, it seems the Pistons are better team than Lakers, but against San Antonio SPurs the Lakers were also behind and won the series 4:2, thats what will happen in the finals again hopefully... I love the Lakers and Kobe and Shaq and Phil Jackson!!!!
the way to win is to break trough the Pistons defense with all offensive power , play over the big man Shaq, he can easily post up against Ben Wallace and is much bigger... Kobe has to stop Rip Hamilton from scoring, the same with Payton/Fisher and Billups....
:devil2:

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mtfco said:
i thought his name is richard hamilton?

Yea its Richard, but usualy fans call him Rip ;)

He had fantastic game last night, they crushed Lakers.
I wish that Malone, Payton NEVER taste the feelin to be the Champions :devil:

GO Pistons

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
WOOHOO HUGE WIN!

Two wins away from the Championship! Definitely getting the DVD if they win it. Rip was amazing! Sunday's the 4th game!

mtfco said:
i thought his name is richard hamilton?
Rip's his nickname ;)

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lakers are playing soooo bad, lowest points in the LAkers playoff history was last game, new record, only 68!!! :mad: :mad: :head: :head:

Never thought that the Pistons can beat the LAkers in 7 games but now it seems very very realistic :devil2:

GP and Malone deserves a championship ring... not like Barkley or Ewing who never won it in the whole career!!!

Id like to c a better game 4 with a L.A. victory!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
yeah id love to see them win too bad spurs aren't there it would be a different story if they were :D

yeah anyways it was an alright game hamilton is a great player he is choping it up latley

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Detroit tonight well beat LAL for the fourth time n Will be THE NEW NBA CHAMPIONS :eek:
Billups Hamilton Big BEN, Rasheed, Princ.....
BTW K-J nice Avatar, where you get it?

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Todays the nite!!! game 5 in the palace, in Det., Michigan!!!

I hope Lakers can turn this series around :head: :head:
no team in NBA history has won a finals series after they were behind 3-1...
i still believe in the Lakers and Shaq and Kobe.... :D ;) letz bring the series back to L.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lakers get many foul calls against them in the whole series coz that morron David Stern told the refs haha :rolleyes:
BTW Gary Payton is gettin older, and even stopped his famous trash talking, he movements looks so much slower than in the past, no dynamic, hes not gettin younger :head: :mad: :( :(

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
hats off for the pistons!
they were the better team and they beat the lakers smoothly in dominating style...
how long has it been since the eastern team won the championship?
well this pistons deserve their party!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The Detroit Pistons are your new NBA champions! Defense wins championships. Detroit completely dominated LA during the entire series and fully deserved the title. The Lakers were over-hyped coming into the series and showed their age/fatigue during the series. Shaq and Kobe were contained by the Detroit defense and the rest of the Lakers players managed to accomplish nothing. Larry Brown finally got his NBA championship and Phil Jackson finally lost one.

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
YESSS Pistons are the new CHampions of NBA.

Malone & Payton go find another team for winin championship now :D

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How lucky the Psitons were :devil2: :D ;) completely agree once more a team proved its totally right that defense/rebounding wins championships, Lakers were so sh!t the whole series and Pisotns dominated the Lakers...
Pistons dont have a superstar, the whole team is just perfect, not like their opponents...
respect and congratz to ur Pistons!!! they did a greta job, killed Lakers in only 5 games!!! :eek: :eek:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
LALDET_040615_017.jpg

NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

EXTREMELY happy, first time since 11 years! The D was perfect with Ben Wallace rebounding 22 (!) times. However I'd give the MVP to Ben Wallace, didn't always impress in the Finals. But he's the team leader who kept the D strong.

Gettin' the DVD :cool:

Taulant said:
Made it myself :D , I can make you one too if you want (NBA tho ;) )

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Pistons totaly outplayed the "super stars" lakers.I true basketball lesson for the L.A

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Taulant wrote:

Made it myself , I can make you one too if you want (NBA tho )
jo K-J may u make 4 me a avatar like yours pls??? but with a AC Milan player pls^^ it may be Kaka, Gattuso, Dida, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo or Cafu.... im having these AC Milan ava. for too long :head: :devil2: :devil3:
but its a quite good one.. but need a change :tongue: if u got time left to do it would be very helpfull hehe!!!
FORZA MILAN

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
for the lakers fan,
phil jackson might not be coaching again as he has opted out his contract and so has kobe bryant... shaq has also ended his contract, man they are in a real mess, which is what i like, hehe

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sooo many Lakers haters!!! :mad: :D omg!!!
Shaq and Kobe can leave but where will they go??? if Kobe goes than T-Mac is ready to play in Hollywood for sure....
Gary Payton and Malone are already gone this year or next... but I dont like to see Shaq and Kobe, 2 of the best players in the L, leaving L.A.... they are all for this team, the heart (Kobe) and the soul (Shaq)!!!!!!!!!!!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Lakers may well end up like the Bulls have after Pip and Jordan left in 98. Kobe is more or less gonna build the team now, he is the main priority for the Lakers, not Shaq. Shaq is 32 and declining (21.5ppg this season) while Kobe is only 25 and will be a 25+ ppg scorer for another 7 years. Also Shaq wants a 2-year US$77 million contract, RIDICULOUS :D , they get paid 1000 times more than soccer players.

Garnett even gets bout US$ 25 mil in a 6-year deal, thats US$125m :eek: :eek:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
Gary Payton and Malone are already gone this year or next... but I dont like to see Shaq and Kobe, 2 of the best players in the L, leaving L.A.... they are all for this team, the heart (Kobe) and the soul (Shaq)!!!!!!!!!!!
actually payton has renewed his contract the only one left is malone.. oh and about kobe is the heart and shaq is the soul, bwahahahahaha, where have u been? those two have never been close as teammates, the worst one was at the beginning of the season where shaq stated that kobe should be less selfish and give more ball to him and at the other hand kobe said shaq should just concentrate on loosing his weight...
after this season i find it hard to see those two playing side by side again, their ego as superstar of the team is too high and of course it's hard to find a coach that can settle them nicely..

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I am a bit late on this .. Detroit won the tittle ? 4 - 1 or 4 - 2 ?

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mtfco said:
MookyRookie said:
actually payton has renewed his contract the only one left is malone.. oh and about kobe is the heart and shaq is the soul, bwahahahahaha, where have u been? those two have never been close as teammates, the worst one was at the beginning of the season where shaq stated that kobe should be less selfish and give more ball to him and at the other hand kobe said shaq should just concentrate on loosing his weight...
after this season i find it hard to see those two playing side by side again, their ego as superstar of the team is too high and of course it's hard to find a coach that can settle them nicely..
lol at least they have won 3 straight titles togehter, so there is some harmony, but also both, or all 4, have biiiiig egos... yea Paytons has renewed for around 5 million for one season, but Malone will turn 41 in next months, the think about heart and soul was just a *joke*!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Kobe is popular for being selfish, but the has changed his game a bit, still selfish but better than in his first 2 years in the NBA...
This was a bad Lakers team opf course, even though they had Malone and Payton, so what have Lakers learne dform this series, team basketball wins titles, not big egos... Shaq wants a Trade, Dallas, New Jersey, Phoenix are already showing interest in him... lets c!!! :devil2:
Kobe and SHaq are still better basketballers than any from the Pistons, only without no title this year... :devil2:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyone here follow the NBA?

I'm a HUGE warriors fan (lived in the bay area my whole life)... its kinda depressing. Anyway I have season tickets and follow nba about as avidly as i do AC Milan

any other fans of basketball what teams?

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I'm pretty much a basketball fan, although football has made me drift away from my passion to basketball.
When I am able to follow the Lebanese League...I certainly will do so, It's also a very very strong league..the best in the area.
As far as NBA is concerned, I'll root for the Spurs although it's hard to keep up with their games considering the time difference.

Anyone who plays basketball?

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
ill school ur ass soldier. i play pickup basketball pretty often still. (I'm in a night league)

anyway i saw the lakers play my warriors last week. Kobe is on a different level, but gasol is damn good, and the 1 who impressed me most is bynum, there 21 year old center... He will be a star like shaq in a couple years, only thing really holding him back is fact there team is soo good he doesnt get the ball as much as he would on a worse team

i got tix to see cleveland next week (LEBRON!) Lebron is insane. Recently they said he is now 6-9, 275 lbs! Do you realize how big that is?! thats 125 kg! And he moves like a cheetah... perhaps fastest first step in the world

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
I follow euroleague.Partizan is my team,and Grobari are best fans in euroleague.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
no man, u need to come to oakland. Golden State warriors have best fans.... 2 years ago they pulled biggest upset in history knocking top seed out of playoffs in a 7 game series... first time an 8 seed has ever done that. This was 2 days after Dirk Nowitski accepted the MVP Award too... heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mgxp5djEVQ

watch the crowd... everyone wore the yellow "WE BELIEVE!" shirts...

also in next round a 6-2 baron davis dunks straight in andrei kirilenko (who is 8 inches taller than him) face....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_1ZEk4mds

watch the crowd reaction!

edit: definitely watch 2nd 1... its what my sig is

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
anyone here follow the NBA?

I'm a HUGE warriors fan (lived in the bay area my whole life)... its kinda depressing. Anyway I have season tickets and follow nba about as avidly as i do AC Milan

any other fans of basketball what teams?

BIG TYME...

I live in Toronto so the Raptors are my team.

But i'm just realizing I got a man crush in Kobe Bryant. :eek:

He's freakin awesome.:proud:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
I'm an Allen Iverson fanboy....Was a big Jordan fan (but then again I can't find anyone who didn't like MJ, except the old guys who would spend hours telling you about Isiah Thomas, DR J and Earl Manigault)
Now I support whatever team A.I plays for which happens to be detroit
+ We play basketball EVERY Thursday night...oh and the only Kobe I ever liked is the Steak :o