Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why does Abbiati never get called up? I believe he should go instead of Sirigu or Marchetti.

As of this moment, and a lot can change until next summer, but this is the lineup for Nazionale:

--------------------------Balotelli/Osvaldo------------------------
-------Insigne/Rossi----------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------Florenzi-------De Rossi-------Montolivo--------------
-------------------------------Pirlo
--------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
DeSciglio/Balzaretti----Chiellini--Barzagli-------Abate-------
------------------------------Buffon
---------------------------------------

Subs: Rossi, Giovinco, Diamanti, Pazzini, Marchisio, Poli, Verratti, Aquilani, Bonucci, Ranocchia, Pasqual, Sirigu, Marchetti

1) Rossi is the clear starter not Insigne.
2) Giovinco will not be called.
3) Either balzaretti or Pasquale for LB. Maggio will be called for RB.
4) I do not see Verrati being called.
5) Ranochia or Ogbonna; though, I think maybe Astori will be called.
6) Florenzi will not start especially on the left flank. He plays mostly on the right flank.
7) You forgot Giacherini. Prandelli always look for a position to start him.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Ehh. Why care Italy? You won't do anything important in this one...is still out of the 12 year rule.

Also, Italy has much better options than Abbiati, who is likely to get injured before or during an important match, who's reflexes are those of an old man, and who tends to leave his nearest post uncover (oh and likes to catch butterflies).

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^And is of a shy and retiring disposition that he rarely talks to his defenders.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Rumoured change strip for the world cup. Beautiful. Pinstripes are back in fashion in football kits.

italy-leak-2014-away.jpg

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
put rossi and insigne in the line-up. this makes italy way more mobile. i have no idea why osvaldo ever gets to see the pitch. he is crap.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Raffaele ‏@ItalianoCalcio

Prandelli has announced his call ups for Italy's upcoming friendlies.

Goalies: Buffon, Marchetti, Sirigu

Defenders: Abate, Barzagli, Bonucci, Criscito, Maggio, Ogbonna, Pasqual, Ranocchia

Midfielders: Candreva, De Rossi, Diamanti, Florenzi, Giaccherini, Marchisio, Montolivo, Thiago Motta, Parolo, Pirlo, Poli

Strikers/Forwards: Balotelli, Cerci, Gilardino, Insigne, Osvaldo, Rossi

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
why does he call up Gila? he is literally about Italy's 10th best striker at this point, if that...

give Pelle a chance, or Immobile. Gilla has shown time and time again that he is mediocre, give one of the younger guys a chance

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
why does he call up Gila? he is literally about Italy's 10th best striker at this point, if that...

give Pelle a chance, or Immobile. Gilla has shown time and time again that he is mediocre, give one of the younger guys a chance

gila--346x212.jpg

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

lol Pelle

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Germany is a serious test for Italy. Hope to see the strongest line ups from both teams.

----------------Buffon
Maggio-bonucci-ogbonna-pasqual
----de Rossi--pirlo--giaccherini
Cerci--------Rossi---------insigne

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol Pelle

I dont care that he plays in Holland, he has 12 goals in 14 games and haas something like 37 goals in 38 games since he went to Holland, which is really impressive, even if the league isnt that good.

Plus Italy doesnt currently have an extremely tall CF, so he is worth a chance to give them a different tactical option.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
I dont care that he plays in Holland, he has 12 goals in 14 games and haas something like 37 goals in 38 games since he went to Holland, which is really impressive, even if the league isnt that good.

Plus Italy doesnt currently have an extremely tall CF, so he is worth a chance to give them a different tactical option.

He really isn't all that. I don't know how often you've seen him play but I can assure you that he would look completely out of place in the Azzuri.

Say what you want about Gila, he's proven to be capable of scoring goals in high quality matches. Pelle however failed at Parma and Samp.

Eredivisie is a ridiculous level atm. Take a look at the leaderbord, it will tell you enough about the level.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He really isn't all that. I don't know how often you've seen him play but I can assure you that he would look completely out of place in the Azzuri.

Say what you want about Gila, he's proven to be capable of scoring goals in high quality matches. Pelle however failed at Parma and Samp.

Eredivisie is a ridiculous level atm. Take a look at the leaderbord, it will tell you enough about the level.

Gila is just so painfully mediocre. And his level of play hasnt changed

I am more saying that it is time to give some of Italy's other forwards a chance with the NT, and even though his league sucks, scoring that many goals makes a player worthy of at least a call up

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gila is actually doing very well this season, but I agree, there are better options..

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You do know this guy wasn't good enough to warm Parma's bench 2 years ago?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You do know this guy wasn't good enough to warm Parma's bench 2 years ago?

so what? Parolo and Giacarrini are in the Azzurri squad, and both were in Serie B a couple years

Luca Toni was a joke at one point and then exploded later on in his career.

there are plenty of players that struggle and then switch situations and become massively better players

Pelle found a place that works for him, and now Chelsea are strongly rumored to be considering him as a January target.

I'm not saying he is a great player or anything, but his recent scoring record at least merits consideration for a call up to play in a friendly, especially since we all know exactly what Gila already brings to the table, so calling him up doesnt bring any new information to the table

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Germany is a serious test for Italy. Hope to see the strongest line ups from both teams.

----------------Buffon
Maggio-bonucci-ogbonna-pasqual
----de Rossi--pirlo--giaccherini
Cerci--------Rossi---------insigne

:thumbsup: was thinking the same.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wanna see the 3 man backline to absorb Germany's pressure-

---------------------Buffon-----------------
---------Barzagli---Bonucci---Ogbonna--
-Maggio--Florenzi--De Rossi--Pirlo--Criscito--
--------------Cerci-------------Balotelli-------------

I want to see Rossi get some time, but since he is still getting eased back in to the game, he might be better off as a sub.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
BZVBAxpIIAAtDuD.jpg:large

Really looking forward to Rossi-Balo upfront.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Considering this is a friendly,ill give prandelli the benefit of the doubt but this guys got almost as bad of player selection as our beloved coach.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
That defense looks extremely weak. Especially the two CB's. I hope they both don't get to play a single minute in Brazil.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Well no shit they are playing Nigeria god damn it do you think he would play his top squad?

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Well no shit they are playing Nigeria god damn it do you think he would play his top squad?

:thumbsup:

friendlies are meant for experimentation, who cares about the result

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Today it will be Prandelli's 50th match with the Azzurri, in the last 49 he had 22 wins (44.9%), 17 draws (34.7%) and 10 losses (20.4%).

Schedule