Week 24: AC Milan 1-1 Udinese | Sun 07/02/2016 15:00

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The ref in the derby was just so random tho :lol: Throwing cards around for nothing and letting play when someone got a yellow/red-worthy foul :lol: At least he had bad calls for both sides but still... that was such a bad ref

Yeah he was shit, in a cute way though.. Somehow :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Referee was not good and we were terribly unfortunate. I feared we'd concede near the end and suffer another Bologna. Against Bologna we were exceptionally unfortunate, with Cerci effectively messing up an open goal that would have certainly gotten us the victory, imo.

Still, spilt milk and all that. On to the next one and hopefully a victory. It wouldn't be Miha's Milan if we didn't fall down after a good result or two.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miha's milan? its been milan of the last 3/4 years, its not his fault

If anything we are on an unbeaten run and he is putting that right, but slowly

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Miha's milan? its been milan of the last 3/4 years, its not his fault

If anything we are on an unbeaten run and he is putting that right, but slowly

It was mainly in jest.

It wasn't a criticism, just stating a fact that we seem to do well in mid-big games and then falter in the mid-small ones.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fair point. We need to get that fucking early goal, as counter attacking suits is more e.g samp game, palermo game

Reaction score
Unlucky? Sure. However, that goal should have never been conceded after those saves from Donnarumma. Huge mistake from Alex, frustrating one too, seeing how experienced he is. A proper CB is needed.

The lack of depth in our team is alarming. If Romagnoli were to get injured, we are beyond fucked. Maybe we should play 4-2-3-1, could be useful if Bonaventura cannot make it. I'm thinking Monto & Mauri/Poli as the double pivot, Niang on the right, Berto on the left, Honda in the middle and Bacca as striker (FIFA-esque, I know before the chirps come in).

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'm not buying the bad luck excuse. Sometimes you have to make your luck, especially against a team of Udinese's current state. If not, then we are lowering the bar.

I didn't see much impact from both our subs ... we should have been pinning Udinese from the word go back against their goal. Ok say we were saving energy ... then the moment we went a goal down the team should have immediately reacted and pressed Udinese all the way back creating chance after chance.

We didn't create enough nor did we boss the game as well as we should a home game against a team in the lower half of the table.

If we put this down to bad luck then we're accepting 6th place.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm not buying the bad luck excuse. Sometimes you have to make your luck, especially against a team of Udinese's current state. If not, then we are lowering the bar.

I didn't see much impact from both our subs ... we should have been pinning Udinese from the word go back against their goal. Ok say we were saving energy ... then the moment we went a goal down the team should have immediately reacted and pressed Udinese all the way back creating chance after chance.

We didn't create enough nor did we boss the game as well as we should a home game against a team in the lower half of the table.

If we put this down to bad luck then we're accepting 6th place.

Rubbish. We were unfortunate. Berto hit the crossbar and others had good chances. On another day, we'd have won 3-0.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So..that's the 3rd "easy" Serie A home game in a row that we failed to win.

Milan 1 - 1 Verona
Milan 0 - 1 Bologna
Milan 1 - 1 Udinese

There was also the awful, goalless Atalanta draw before the Sampdoria win. So 4 out of last 5.

Unlucky to not win a single one of those games? Sure.
But you can't blame all these dropped points on bad luck or the ref. You could also say we were lucky to not lose against Atalanta, lucky to not go 0-2 down before Niang's equalizer.

The second half was good, but you have to be clueless to think the problem has been solved. We only started creating chances with the shift to an unbalanced formation with the undependable Balo as target man.
Sure, we don't normally have a poorly set up midfield like in the first half, but a real solution to the problems up top seems far away. Niang is simply not good enough to be a starter. We have no target man, or even a good wide target man, with him and Bacca at the front. Balo is not someone you bet on. Luiz Adriano seems on his way out of the club.

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN

Sorry for giving back the bitterness :/

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
IIRC we got twice time lead against empoli and we couldnt defend it (ET 2:2).

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
So..that's the 3rd "easy" Serie A home game in a row that we failed to win.

Milan 1 - 1 Verona
Milan 0 - 1 Bologna
Milan 1 - 1 Udinese

There was also the awful, goalless Atalanta draw before the Sampdoria win. So 4 out of last 5.

Unlucky to not win a single one of those games? Sure.
But you can't blame all these dropped points on bad luck or the ref. You could also say we were lucky to not lose against Atalanta, lucky to not go 0-2 down before Niang's equalizer.

The second half was good, but you have to be clueless to think the problem has been solved. We only started creating chances with the shift to an unbalanced formation with the undependable Balo as target man.
Sure, we don't normally have a poorly set up midfield like in the first half, but a real solution to the problems up top seems far away. Niang is simply not good enough to be a starter. We have no target man, or even a good wide target man, with him and Bacca at the front. Balo is not someone you bet on. Luiz Adriano seems on his way out of the club.

You cant change the loser mentality over the night, it takes time. We weren't good enough against verona and bologna, but we were incredibly unlucky against udinese.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
You guys forget that Donna pulled some amazing saves also.
So it wasnt about luck , we just didnt dominate them enough.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You cant change the loser mentality over the night, it takes time. We weren't good enough against verona and bologna, but we were incredibly unlucky against udinese.

The awful first half had little to do with "loser mentality" and everything to do with an awfully set up & disjointed midfield & attack.

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The awful first half had little to do with "loser mentality" and everything to do with an awfully set up & disjointed midfield & attack.

+1

Not sure whether it was Miha's tactical mistake, or the inability/failure of players, esp. those who played on the left side, to execute Miha's tactical instructions. I'd be inclined to think that it was more to do with the former. He basically tried to cover our weakness by shuffling players around, and thus weakening our strength, instead of strengthening what have been working well.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+1

Not sure whether it was Miha's tactical mistake, or the inability/failure of players, esp. those who played on the left side, to execute Miha's tactical instructions. I'd be inclined to think that it was more to do with the former. He basically tried to cover our weakness by shuffling players around, and thus weakening our strength, instead of strengthening what have been working well.

On the other hand during mercato it was under everybody's eyes that we desperately need wingers to back-up Jack and Honda. 1 week after mercato closes, what is the first thing that happens to us? Our best winger gets injured. Bravo to whoever decided this squad, after off-loading two wingers, decided that we don't need new ones.

Kucka might have characteristics who could be useful for the flanks in midfield, but it was obvious that as he never played there before for us, he was lost. Maybe it would have been better to put Niang there but who would cover Niang as SS? Balo and Boa both out of shape, not able to play more than 30 minutes, Menez maybe for a cameo...

I think putting Kucka on the flanks was kind of a forced decision.

Schedule