Milan - Chicago Fire

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
besikaka said:
oh yea .. Sheva is going in NY today :D

A while ago I have heard that Sheva will not be going to New York after all. It says it here from a calciomercato site and I heard it on Studio Sport.

From Yahoo Calciomercato:

Milan: Shevchenko resta in Italia
Gio 28 Lug, 1:41 PM
Niente Stati Uniti per Andriy Shevchenko: l`ucraino restera` a Milanello e non raggiungera` la squadra rossonera. Shevchenko resta quindi a Milanello insieme a Marek Jankulovski. Nella mattinata di giovedi` i due giocatori dopo il riscaldamento ed alcuni esercizi aerobici hanno lavorato nella vasca di sabbia con degli affondi ed alcuni percorsi tra i coni. A seguire una breve sessione di tecnica con il pallone: per il ceco e per il bomber ucraino, dribbling tra i cinesini, palleggi e controllo palla. Lo ha comunicato sil sito ufficiale rossonero.

Apparently the reason is because Milan lab thought it would be better for Sheva to continue training at Milanello. But it could easily be that Galliani and co. (and all Milanisti in general) are pissed off at Chelsea's persistent attitude regarding Sheva and wanna pevent any further Chelsea nonsense. Guess it's the right thing to do

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Milan are next in action on July 31 when they will play Premiership giants Chelsea, following their 1-0 defeat to the English champions earlier this week.

Andriy Shevchenko, a reported Chelsea target, could feature in that game seeing as he is set to arrive in the United States later today.

source : channel4.com

It was also in the official site .. but they deleted that line .. dont know why ..so now I am not sure 100 %..

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
"you don't get service like that from Rolls Royce"

ahahaha awesome line. That guy was so annoying though.

Did anyone else love that Maldini Vieri connection? I can't wait for this season to start.

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
ACMRULE! said:
But it could easily be that Galliani and co. (and all Milanisti in general) are pissed off at Chelsea's persistent attitude regarding Sheva and wanna pevent any further Chelsea nonsense. Guess it's the right thing to do
How would not playing Sheva prevent any more Chelsea nonsense? I dont get it. Man I really really wanna see Sheva play!!

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Kaladze#1 said:
How would not playing Sheva prevent any more Chelsea nonsense? I dont get it. Man I really really wanna see Sheva play!!
just wait a bit more
cant wait till the season starts

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva; Kakà; Rino; Max; Chera; Kerlon
cuore said:
"you don't get service like that from Rolls Royce"

ahahaha awesome line. That guy was so annoying though.

Did anyone else love that Maldini Vieri connection? I can't wait for this season to start.
Yeah, he was a bit annoying, but the play-by-play commentator was quality, great voice.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
The Saviour said:
Yeah, he was a bit annoying, but the play-by-play commentator was quality, great voice.

I was surprised by how many times the English speaking commentators messed up on the names of the Milanisti when they've both called matches with Milan before.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
well we all know sheva & how great he is.
i prefer if we play our new players.
Viery-Gila in our attack + Vogel.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Well a couple of things to throw out there.

1. Just because we are Americans and soccer is not a huge sport here, doesn’t mean that all American’s know nothing about the game. Tactically, I bet I could out wit most of you and have a much better grip on Milan, it’s players and it’s set up. I get tired of the demeaning attitude towards Americans here and the sentiment that we’re all just a bunch or idiots.

2. MLS and soccer in general has come a long way in this country over the last ten years and will continue to improve. Last I checked we were ranked 6th in the world which is a hell of a lot higher then the countries most of you are in. I know the FIFA ranking are a little misleading and the US jump is due to that fact that we play in our conference tournament every 2 years while Europe plays every 4, but even if we were 15th that’s still a lot better then most of the rest of the world. Just about every MLS team now is on par with the lower teams in the top division of the big 4 leagues of Italy, Spain, England and Germany.

3. Milan we totally outplayed for large portions of the match vs. the Chicago Fire. Sure the Milan players are more gifted in terms of skill and technique, but Chicago made up that gap very well by way of determination. The main reason really though for the close game is that Chicago are a good 20 games into their season while Milan were playing their 2nd match and using players who normally would not be starting. Chicago played a hell of a match though and if it weren’t for Fiori – Chicago would have won.

4. Yes, they are called the Chicago fire after the fire that nearly destroyed the town. But aren’t Milan called the Red & Black Devils? I’d rather be associated with fire then evil incarnate. Also, naming teams after forces of nature are very common in the US. The team here that I follow is the San Jose Earthquakes named because this is one of the most notorious seismic zones in the world. We also have the Colorado Avalanche in the NHL, the San Diego Chargers (lighting) in the NFL, the Miami Hurricanes in college sports. If you’re going to associate a name with a team (which is how Americans do things) I’d rather it be named for something destructive they something pretty.

5. As for the commentating – I will readily admit that most American commentators can be pretty awful when it comes to announcing soccer games. I have no idea what the American commentators said during the match as I watched the games televised in Spanish.

I wasn’t trying to be rude to anyone, but I take offence when a lot of you act like Americans are ignorant boobs and American soccer is crap. I know it’s not the best, but it’s a lot better then a lot of you give it credit for.

I’ll try and type up the match summary later tonight if I get a chance.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Seamus said:

1. Just because we are Americans and soccer is not a huge sport here, doesn’t mean that all American’s know nothing about the game. Tactically, I bet I could out wit most of you and have a much better grip on Milan, it’s players and it’s set up. I get tired of the demeaning attitude towards Americans here and the sentiment that we’re all just a bunch or idiots.
Europeans get the same attitude from Americans on topics relating to basketball and baseball, so we have the same problem as you.

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
Wild said:
well we all know sheva & how great he is.
i prefer if we play our new players.
Viery-Gila in our attack + Vogel.
you prefer bobo over sheva?????:)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Seamus said:
when a lot of you act like Americans are ignorant boobs and American soccer is crap.

I'm American. Americans are ignorant boobs. American soccer is crap.

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Congo Powers said:
I'm American. Americans are ignorant boobs. American soccer is crap.
:D :D :D :D :D loll

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Il Tsar said:
Europeans get the same attitude from Americans on topics relating to basketball and baseball, so we have the same problem as you.

See I'd figue that a lot of Europeans would know a lot about basketball considering how popular of a world sports it has become and because there are so many European players in the NBA now. Personally I'd bet there are hundreads of thousands of Europeans that know more about the NBA then I do.

Baseball always suprises me though when Europeans talk about it. I know it is played over there, but from what I can tell very little. Hopefully the upcoming World Baseball classic will expand it to European countries. Is there any MLB coverage in Europe? I'm really going to miss baseball for the month I'm there next year.

All I know is that I never talk to or about people from other countries as if they are idiots and I'd appreciate the same consideration. What I said wasn't directed at all of you, just those with that prevailing attitude.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Seamus said:

3. Milan we totally outplayed for large portions of the match vs. the Chicago Fire. Sure the Milan players are more gifted in terms of skill and technique, but Chicago made up that gap very well by way of determination. The main reason really though for the close game is that Chicago are a good 20 games into their season while Milan were playing their 2nd match and using players who normally would not be starting. Chicago played a hell of a match though and if it weren’t for Fiori – Chicago would have won.

5. As for the commentating – I will readily admit that most American commentators can be pretty awful when it comes to announcing soccer games. I have no idea what the American commentators said during the match as I watched the games televised in Spanish.

I wasn’t trying to be rude to anyone, but I take offence when a lot of you act like Americans are ignorant boobs and American soccer is crap. I know it’s not the best, but it’s a lot better then a lot of you give it credit for.

I’ll try and type up the match summary later tonight if I get a chance.

The commentators who messed up were not American but Scottish and English, I believe. That's why I was surprised.

I agree that Milan were outplayed last night.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Seamus said:
See I'd figue that a lot of Europeans would know a lot about basketball considering how popular of a world sports it has become and because there are so many European players in the NBA now. Personally I'd bet there are hundreads of thousands of Europeans that know more about the NBA then I do.

Baseball always suprises me though when Europeans talk about it. I know it is played over there, but from what I can tell very little. Hopefully the upcoming World Baseball classic will expand it to European countries. Is there any MLB coverage in Europe? I'm really going to miss baseball for the month I'm there next year.

All I know is that I never talk to or about people from other countries as if they are idiots and I'd appreciate the same consideration. What I said wasn't directed at all of you, just those with that prevailing attitude.
Basketball is shown alot on sky sports but I have never seen baseball on TV overhere, it might be on one of the pay per view channels.
I personally have never been degrading to an American because of thier nationality because I live in a town that has a 10% population of Americans. But I do appreciate your point as many Europeans have an elitist attitude towards Americans, especially when it comes to football.

feddydaddy69

Beginner
Reaction score
First of all we all should respect one anther no matter what nationality he is or what color he is. I understand what u guys are saying and I am an Arab from the Middle East well have the same problem here.
But to me when it comes to sports I never like having politics’ in it coz it coz a lot of problem between each other, first of Chicago played pretty well even when Chelsea managed to beat DC united they won by 2-1 and they played pretty good football in states is improving pretty fast, most of the Milan and Chelsea admitted to that too saying how well they played.
Being a in love with football is passion no matter who is playing u wana see good football I admit at this time we wont see a lot of pretty football played now as u all know its just friendly matches and not many will really give 70% knowing its just warm-up game but that’s not fair for the fans that come from all over the country to watch them play and not give all they have.
Any how it was good Game for the players and the Mr. Ancelotti for him trying his players and his formation.
Forza Milan

Schedule