The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Community > Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support

Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support Announcements released by administrators, feedback plus solving any problems you have regarding the proper functioning of these forums or the main site.

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2008, 05:50   #1
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri
Default Why aren't the mods treating everyone equally?

Now I wasn't directly affected by 9/11, but I have some very close friends that were. I find it appalling that such a horrible and tragic event can be compared to diving in this post. (LINK) I found it very offensive and reported it to the mods not once, not twice, but three times. I specifically asked them not to delete the post, but rather remove the offending two words. It is almost a week later and nothing has been done. But of course the racist guy in the match thread has his posts (rightfully) deleted. Not only that, a mod went through all the trouble of editing everyone's posts who quoted the idiot. I'm not making assumptions, but could it be possible that my requests were deliberately ignored? So I will ask one more time, in public, that the mods edit that post (and this one too). I am not asking for drooly or Ay Zee to get banned. I just want any offending references to that horrible day away from the "Milan related" forum.

PS- Notice that I didn't bring religion into my argument, although I honestly could have.

Signature

MILAN
Old 22-01-2008, 05:54   #2
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

We have mods?

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
Old 22-01-2008, 06:14   #3
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
We have mods?
Now some of them are very active (crazy4milan), but others are rarely to be seen.

Signature

MILAN
Old 22-01-2008, 09:14   #4
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

i cant believe how easily offended some people are. Nothing offensive was said in that post, and if it offended you, its more a sign of your easily offended psyche than anything else. Grow a pair, and spend your energy trying to fix things that matter, not a harmless post on an online forum.

Signature

Save Us

Old 22-01-2008, 09:43   #5
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael
Now I wasn't directly affected by 9/11, but I have some very close friends that were. I find it appalling that such a horrible and tragic event can be compared to diving in this post. (LINK) I found it very offensive and reported it to the mods not once, not twice, but three times. I specifically asked them not to delete the post, but rather remove the offending two words. It is almost a week later and nothing has been done. But of course the racist guy in the match thread has his posts (rightfully) deleted. Not only that, a mod went through all the trouble of editing everyone's posts who quoted the idiot. I'm not making assumptions, but could it be possible that my requests were deliberately ignored? So I will ask one more time, in public, that the mods edit that post (and this one too). I am not asking for drooly or Ay Zee to get banned. I just want any offending references to that horrible day away from the "Milan related" forum.
I don't find those 2 posts offensive. It's about Gila, Pato and diving and none about 9/11. Anything wrong with that, pls let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael
PS- Notice that I didn't bring religion into my argument, although I honestly could have.
And why do you feel you need to bring religion into soccer related discussion?What point will it prove?

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
Old 22-01-2008, 09:51   #6
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Gaiz, he's upset because the featured post mentioned the World Trade Center in the same breath as Gila diving. Call me unpatriotic, but I've read far worse than that on the forums.

Signature
Old 22-01-2008, 11:54   #7
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Whether he is having a whinge or not you don't make stupid comments like that in reference to the terrible death of hundreds of people.

Signature

Old 22-01-2008, 11:56   #8
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Posts edited.

Signature
Old 22-01-2008, 12:46   #9
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

@ gay michal ,my nick says az,not ay zee ok asshole?,and by the time i made that post i didn't see any shit about 9/11 i was just making fun of gilla,and just as a p.s: i would never make fun of people that died.

Signature

Last edited by Az.; 22-01-2008 at 12:58. Reason: spelling mistake.
Old 22-01-2008, 13:02   #10
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

I really don't find nothing offensive in those 2 posts. Both of them were giving their own opinion, which I think is allowed.

Signature
Old 22-01-2008, 13:14   #11
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes
I really don't find nothing offensive in those 2 posts. Both of them were giving their own opinion, which I think is allowed.
Of course you wouldn't they weren't directed towards you. Although if someone called your mother a fat hairy bush pig I doubt you would tend to agree with them having their own opinion.

Signature

Old 22-01-2008, 13:40   #12
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

how in gods name is this post ofensive to any one ??? :

"^^ or the more realistic option : gilla gets a yellow"

let alone have any relation to the 9//11 events?? are you paranoid or what??

Signature
Old 22-01-2008, 13:43   #13
shaj
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta

Quote:
someone called your mother a fat hairy bush pig I doubt you would tend to agree with them having their own opinion.
Woaaaaaah!

I would take offense to that...

if I was 5 of course...
Old 22-01-2008, 13:46   #14
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Of course you wouldn't they weren't directed towards you. Although if someone called your mother a fat hairy bush pig I doubt you would tend to agree with them having their own opinion.
I assure you I wouldnt even respond to him/her.
I simply don't understand, how people get offended in Internet and especially in a Forum.

Signature
Old 22-01-2008, 13:46   #15
shaj
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az.
how in gods name is this post ofensive to any one ??? :

"^^ or the more realistic option : gilla gets a yellow"

let alone have any relation to the 9//11 events?? are you paranoid or what??
It was coz ur reply quoted the original text which made the 'ultra offensive' comments...
Old 22-01-2008, 13:49   #16
gaizka22
Apprentice father

OK. Cool it everybody. The posts mentioned have been edited based on the request from member who feels he/she is being offended or insulted. Arguments in the zone of "If you're not insulted, doesn't mean you can insult other people" will lead to nothing.

Closed.

Signature
Closed Thread