Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm goin to wait to put predictions till we see how free agency shakes out, who signs where, if any trades happen etc.

But my early feeling is Lakers will win the west. They might struggle in regular season with the schedule being congested and them being older, but come playoff time i don't expect a collapse.

What are odds Gasol's personal life will fall apart in playoffs along w/ pnuemonia?

OKC is dangerous, but i still feel they are a year or two away.

In east, I'm expecting Miami, and like LA, if Boston enters playoffs healthy, they'll be a force. Chicago, without someone to help Rose on offense will encounter same problems in playoffs.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Holy shit i need an nfl team too :eek:(no not Denver :D) this is not cool man, no nba and nfl team to follow, even though both game suck monkey balls. but thats all you get on tv

jaguars!

MJD baby. East bay legend

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Gainesville then an ocean of barren land then orlanod tampa an jackonville, i dont feel anthing even though I am there once in a fortnight. HAah they fired their coach and going to sell the team. Anyway thanks

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Holy shit i need an nfl team too :eek:(no not Denver :D) this is not cool man, no nba and nfl team to follow, even though both game suck monkey balls. but thats all you get on tv

Miami Dolphins fan here :thumbsup:

IbraISmyHOMEboy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, KPB, White Duck, Binho, Filippo Inzaghi
Ohio State smacking Duke in the mouth right now! And I'm loving every minute of it! GO BUCKS!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/11/30/2592742/lost-nba-style-trends-1990s-dan-grunfeld

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol: We the best in the NBA :o.

I am 100% positive you will get my favorite player next year (CHris Paul).

Saw him with Melo and LBJ/Wade in NYC doing charity work, he won't talk about free agency, he basically asked to not be traded to Boston. He's going to walk to NYC, when Chauncey's contract gives up.

But cmon, knicks are a pretty tortured organization. I love em. Knicks fans= the best. But it's true

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/11/30/2592742/lost-nba-style-trends-1990s-dan-grunfeld

Saw him with Melo and LBJ/Wade in NYC doing charity work, he won't talk about free agency, he basically asked to not be traded to Boston. He's going to walk to NYC, when Chauncey's contract gives up.

But cmon, knicks are a pretty tortured organization. I love em. Knicks fans= the best. But it's true

You said the truth :star: :thumbsup:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But cmon, knicks are a pretty tortured organization.

Yeah, we are but things seem to improve last year under Donnie walsh but now he gone :fp:

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I d like to see Chris Paul play with Howard, but dont know where that could happen. If magic dont bring someone good , Howard will leave. Maybe even earlier if Lakers come calling.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah, we are but things seem to improve last year under Donnie walsh but now he gone :fp:

Yeah. I am curious to see what they do.

Paul + Melo + Amare is nice but it won't get out of east unless they manage to get someone like Chandler in middle and a good bench. And they won't have money for it.

I d like to see Chris Paul play with Howard, but dont know where that could happen. If magic dont bring someone good , Howard will leave. Maybe even earlier if Lakers come calling.

Clippers seem to be heavy after Deron, Paul and Howard.

Next summer they willl have a lot of cap room and if i was a pg... Blake Griffin + Eric Gordon is very enticing.

This is why they traded Baron + #1 pick for Mo Williams. Mo's contract expires in 2012, Baron is owed till 2014. With Mo and Kaman off the books they r very flexible.

There's also a rumor going they will trade Blake for Dwight, and then try and get the PG.

That said... it's the clippers. Their owner is scum. They'll fuck it up

edit-
Tyson Chandler said he likely won't be back in dallas.

"I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp," Chandler told ESPN.com in a telephone interview Wednesday night. "I'm really taking a hard look at all of my options, trying to see what best suits me."

New CBA Rules will make it REALLLY hard for Dallas to keep him. + his injury history, they might not want to commit 5 years to him when he's 29/30

On Wednesday, when teams and agents were allowed to commence free-agent negotiations, NBA front office sources listed New Jersey, Golden State, Houston and Toronto as the teams chasing Chandler hardest.

other free agent news-

Sources: Hornets Hold Paul Trade Talks With Clippers, Celtics, Knicks
Dec 01, 2011 1:05 AM EST

While the Hornets still hope to sign Chris Paul to a long-term extension, they have had trade discussions with several teams, including the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics and New York Knicks, sources said.

If Paul is successful in getting an extend-and-trade deal, he would only be permitted to sign a one-year extension as opposed to the three-year extension signed by Carmelo Anthony last February.

If Paul tests free agency, he would stand to lose up to $26 million if he turned down the Hornets’ maximum five-year, $100 million offer. The most Paul could earn from another team is a four-year, $74 million contract.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ks_With_Clippers_Celtics_Knicks#ixzz1fJ0gBLVe

Hornets, Pacers Likely Leaders For David West

Seven Teams Reach Out To Nene
Dec 01, 2011 1:20 AM EST

Front office executives from several teams are trying to be the first team to meet with Nene at midnight on December 9th in Brazil.

“That will go down to the wire,” a source close to Nene said.

The Denver Nuggets, New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers were among the teams that reached out to Nene’s representatives on Wednesday.

Nene appears to be the main free agent prize for teams with cap space.

The Nuggets will almost certainly pay Nene more than they would have if they were more serious in their extension offer earlier in the year.

The Nets could be the major contender for Nene, as they can provide the ability to play with Deron Williams.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216889/Seven_Teams_Reach_Out_To_Nene#ixzz1fJ0rJCrl

Warriors Approach Grizzlies On Monta For Gay Deal
Nov 30, 2011 9:08 PM EST

The Warriors have reportedly approached the Grizzlies about a deal centered around Monta Ellis and Rudy Gay.

Golden State would also offer a second asset in the deal.

The motivation for Memphis would likely be financial if they were to consider agreeing to a move of Gay.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Grizzlies_On_Monta_For_Gay_Deal#ixzz1fJ0uIrcq

Curry, Dorell, Gay, Lee, Nene.... very interesting. Very UNLIKELY but i think it'd be best for Gay and Curry. Curry plays so much better without Monta when he's allowed to run PG.

I'm still hopeful our new coaching staff realizes Curry=PG, and Monta=SG. Not opposite. People forget, when Nelson allowed Curry to play pure PG, he averaged 22 ppg, 7.5 apg as a rookie. He's got very good potential to be like Nash but with more of a scorers instinct like Rose. Aka, doubt he's ever a 10-12 apg guy like Nash but he can score 22-25 points regularly, which nash never did.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
what's the news on Dallas? I mean, if they are likely to lose Chandler, they need some reinforcements for the center position.
And how much are they over the cap limit. If they resign Butler(which I think they should, cause he can create own offense and play D) can they pick up another free agent?
I really liked them last season. Nowitzki is brilliant.

Don t know why, but I like more the teams in West. Id like to see Howard to Dallas , Lakers, or the next big man in SA

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't see what we can offer New Orleans that can top Clippers or Boston unless we give up Amare or Melo and that ain't happening. CP3 with the Knicks would take us to the next level but we still won't be a championship caliber team especially with D' Tony ridiculous system.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
what's the news on Dallas? I mean, if they are likely to lose Chandler, they need some reinforcements for the center position.
And how much are they over the cap limit. If they resign Butler(which I think they should, cause he can create own offense and play D) can they pick up another free agent?
I really liked them last season. Nowitzki is brilliant.

Don t know why, but I like more the teams in West. Id like to see Howard to Dallas , Lakers, or the next big man in SA

Dallas is heavily over the cap.

They won't be able to pick anyone up expensive, they only have a mini-midlevel exception which means 2-3 mil for a free agent.

Only hope they can re-sign their own guys

They got haywood making a fortune as back up center.

Haywoods good, just not as good as chandler. The fact they had2 legit centers was huge

With chandler and butler, they can match any offer another team gives, even though they are over the cap.

There's just no guarantee they will because they'll pay a 2 or 3 to 1 penalty for it. That's ALOT.

Also there's no guarentee chandler or butler would accept the offer. They are unrestricted so they could sign any offer they want.

I don't see what we can offer New Orleans that can top Clippers or Boston unless we give up Amare or Melo and that ain't happening. CP3 with the Knicks would take us to the next level but we still won't be a championship caliber team especially with D' Tony ridiculous system.

Chauncey's expirings + picks v. Rondo + Picks.

Hard to say, Rondo gets 10 mil a year for next few, but if new orleans loses CP3, they might prefer to have no one and literally tank and play draft. In which cause Chauncey would be wiser move... cause he will be gone in summer.

But i bet CP3 walks on his own. He could do a melo and force NYK move. It's pretty obvious he WANTS NYC

I'd rule clippers out. Their organization tend to be too poorly run, even thnough they got best situation for a pg/center to come into.

CP3 seems disinterested in Boston though, which i don't get. He's a huge upgrade to Rondo, and i'd say if their vets r healthy + CP3, they can take the east

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Deron > CP3.

I hope Clippers got him.

Deron/Griffin..... might gonna achive what Stockton/Malone should be.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Deron > CP3.

I hope Clippers got him.

Deron/Griffin..... might gonna achive what Stockton/Malone should be.

That's false.

Better shooteR? Paul

Better scorer/finisher? Paul

Better midrange? Paul

Better passer? Paul

More vision? Paul

Better defense? Paul

Less Turnovers? Paul

Chris Paul is amazing PG. Not that Deron isn't great, he is. But they are on different levels.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Anyway at Deron....

He refused to sign an extension today. He said he'll wait till summer. He's putting pressure on prokarov basically. See who they can bring, before he makes his decision.

Nets do have a legitimate chance at Howard, in my opinion,however they kind of traded everything to get Deron so it'll be difficult.

---

Howard will be interesting, if he's traded, i bet it's to LA. Lakers or Clippers. Lakers can offer Bynum, Clippers MIGHT offer blake. I highly doubt clippers would do that, but Lakers would.

As it inches close to next summer, Orlando might cave. Cause they could love Howard for nothing, or they could get younger Bynum who is very good in his own right. Atleast they get something to build around.

Otherwise if Howards hits free agency next summer..... Nets, Celtics, Clippers have the cap room.

---

I think Orlando will spend from now till february desperately trying to find another player to help Howard. If they can get it, they'll try and keep him. If they don't they might trade him at end of february before deadline.

I'll consider Chicago a darkhorse for Howard. They'd have to trade. Would Orlando want Noah + Deng? Noah + Boozer for Howard + some filler (like.... Reddick, someone mediocre who makes too much they'd just want to get rid of).

I don't know. If you look strictly trade wise, i think Lakers have best offer with Bynum + someone smaller-time.

---

and like i said, Boston is interesting. Next summer they could sign Howard, and keep KG/Ray on smaller contracts. But how much do those two have left in tank? In 2012 they'll be 36... bad back :-/.

Last edited:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's false.

Better shooteR? Paul

Better scorer/finisher? Paul

Better midrange? Paul

Better passer? Paul

More vision? Paul

Better defense? Paul

Less Turnovers? Paul

Chris Paul is amazing PG. Not that Deron isn't great, he is. But they are on different levels.

Goddamn, Deron is obviously better scorer than paul.. Paul isn't that fine again at scoring since 2008/2009, everyone seeing this. And don't mention me about lakers series where he guarded by worst starting PG in league.

Deron is more athletic, bigger, n more attacking that's it.

Paul is better "PG" maybe, n better at most PG attribute. but Deron is more complete.. no way you're arguing this.

Last edited:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They enter the league at the same time and been there for 7 seasons.

CP3 has avg more points in the 6 out of the 7 seasons
CP3 has avg more assists in 5 out of the 7 seasons
CP3 has avg more steals in every of the 7 seasons
CP3 has a better FG% in 5 out of the 7 seasons
CP3 has avg more rebounds in every one of 7 seasons
His playoff numbers are better as well.

How is Deron Williams better?

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love the new show Open court from NBA TV :lol: With Shaq coming in it just adds to humour. :lol:

NBA can´t come soon enough.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
oh wow

wowzers

chris paul to knicks would be huge

melo/amare/paul....i like that more than wade/lbj/bosh

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul is better "PG" maybe, n better at most PG attribute. but Deron is more complete.. no way you're arguing this.

What now?

There is no PG in NBA that comes even close to Paul. CP is an alien and everyone is about two levels below.

CP is a much better shooter and a much smarter player. His vision is off the hook and second to none. And Deron is not more complete.

When it comes to classic PG the only one that I can remember and can be compared to CP quality wise is Kidd.

If I would be building a franchise I would even take Rondo before D-Will. Not taking anything from Deron as he is a truly awesome PG but doesn´t even come close to CP3.

When talking about complete players... anyone ever comes close to Magic in that regard?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
oh wow

wowzers

They will be hands down most exciting team.

Omg, Paul running break, finding them? Pick and roll with amare and Melo on wing waiting to cut or do some Paul Pierce type shit.

They'll need a legit center and backups around them if they wanna win it all though.

What now?

There is no PG in NBA that comes even close to Paul. CP is an alien and everyone is about two levels below.

CP is a much better shooter and a much smarter player. His vision is off the hook and second to none. And Deron is not more complete.

When it comes to classic PG the only one that I can remember and can be compared to CP quality wise is Kidd.

If I would be building a franchise I would even take Rondo before D-Will. Not taking anything from Deron as he is a truly awesome PG but doesn´t even come close to CP3.

When talking about complete players... anyone ever comes close to Magic in that regard?

Paul's in a league of his own. Only Nash touches him in offensive completeness @ PG, but defensve= Paul.

Now if were talking Rose, he is something different. He's not a PG like other names persay, but he is special scorer, great creator (though vision isn't there yet), and insane ability.

Still more potential than ability though, which is downright scary. It'll be interesting to see how Rose shapes himself. His shooting is improving, though it's not on Paul's level much less Nash.

Will he start assisting more, or will he become like Wade/Kobe etc. and start averaging 30.

And I also love Russell Westbrook. Definitely rawer and got killed in playoffs but he is only 22.... OKC man... next year they will be... Westbrook (23), Harden (22), Durant (23), Ibaka (22), Perkins (27). Anyone doubt they won't dominate the league for a few years once they grow up?

---

By the way, watched Doc Rivers son... he's legit.

Hard to compare him. A bit like a bigger/quicker Steph Curry, less of a PG though. Not an elite athlete though (like Rose, Wade). He'll be damn good though.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
oh wow

wowzers

Deadly tri-fecta combo. That's cuz the Knicks will have a great pg, unlike the Heat :o:o:o

Chalmers - ain't gonna cut it.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And there is people that pick Rondo over Deron :fp:
Deron in Celtics gonna help them win threepeat.... And not gonna lose to heat last year.

And Deron vision is so underrated, on his limited time on nets he average what? 11-12 assist before going down with his elbow injuries?

And Zeus, people is right when they talk CP is kinda overrated now.. He definitely not as explosive as scorer since that injury, but they still talking about his scoring abilities lol.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
everyone saying boston should trade rondo are so wrong. I even woudnt trade him for paul&williams. he s the pure soul of celtic organization. he s to good denfsive and great experience, and runs the team very well.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
everyone saying boston should trade rondo are so wrong. I even woudnt trade him for paul&williams. he s the pure soul of celtic organization. he s to good denfsive and great experience, and runs the team very well.

+1

rondo>deron

i would not trade rondo for any other PG in the league.

i think rondo will have a MVP season. 100% serious.

Schedule