CL : Arsenal FC (3) vs AC Milan (0) (3-4 Agg) - 6/3/2012

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Just treat this match as if we had a narrow win. Field our best team and play to win. If we go there thinking about sparing players, we could get seriously upset.

:thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I think our goal should be winning posession. Lot's of passes. Technical shit. Just saying to a***nal - 'Very nice pitch you have, but you can get the ball. We're too technical.'

Vecchio Ultra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Ambrosini - Boban - Savicevic - Dessailly - MVB - Costacurta - Bierhoff
We shouldn't think this is over, Arsenal will want to win their pride back and are going to go for the win. If we step on the field there thinking we're already qualified we're in for a nasty surprise. We should concentrate on defending, not let them score in the first half and then we're home

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We shouldn't think this is over, Arsenal will want to win their pride back and are going to go for the win. If we step on the field there thinking we're already qualified we're in for a nasty surprise. We should concentrate on defending, not let them score in the first half and then we're home

If its a game where Pato could start getting into our good(and especially Allegri`s)graces is this one.Defend as a unit,and Pato to rape them on the counter.

zlatanov

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Zidane

yep, far from over - all Arsenal need to turn this around is get some momentum going early on a good day for them with Milan having their heads somewhere else.
We just need to stay concentrated as this Arsenal team isn't good enough to turn this tie on their own - we can only beat ourselves.

personally, I hope Allegri plays the Depor tapes as a prep for this game ;)

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
The difference between this game and Deportivo is that, Depor needed 3-0 to win, Arsenal need 4-0 to draw.

If Milan score one goal at the Emirates, it can be considered as a knock-out punch, because Arsenal will need SIX goals to qualify.

how about a 2 - 1 win for milan :D

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
I hope Mertesacker wont be back for this game. In that case our offensive players will have a fun night once again!

Arsenal defence without Mertesacker was ridicolous to see!

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
I hope Mertesacker wont be back for this game. In that case our offensive players will have a fun night once again!

Arsenal defence without Mertesacker was ridicolous to see
!

tbh its not better even with mertesacker. They lost the match in midfield, if arsenal cant hold the ball in midfield then they have nothing else going for them. They let us play in the midfield and when you give ibra time to turn , run at you,pick his passes ..basically running the game well then you are screwed..

iparrot

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
All i have to say about this game is.. never seen Antonini play this good in defending!!... the pressure he put.. he was all over walcott!! in the first half and everyone else on the wings..

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
and we should always remember Berlu quote "Limits can be set by other people. The Rossoneri are always number 1.""

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
he is a yellow away from suspension. I really want to save him for the next round

Agreed.

Any others who are one yellow away from suspension?

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
We really have to be careful in the away match, we're still not through despite our great home result, we have to take this match seriously.
We need our best eleven for this because I also want us to win the return game. I don't want us fuck up the result after that great 4-0, we're Milan and should aim for an even better overall score and not just go there and defend our lead, that would be wrong.

It's bad that Van Bommel is one yellow away from suspension, maybe we shouldn't play him, Seedorf could play at his role. Aquilani will be back for this game so he can play with Nocerino besides Seedorf, that would be a good mf too.
Would be great to see El Shaarawy and also Pato can play a bit longer, no need to have Ibra on for 90 mins.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Don't wanna be negative at all, but if we concede early, then it's going to be difficult as hell.

But all we need is a goal, after that they have to score six :lol:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Just bring it home.

It is close to being a mission impossible for Arsenal but if they score a quick goal you might never know. I am 100% sure that we will go through but only if we play our best defense and midfield. In attack now I don´t really care... either one of El-Sha, Pato or Binho with Ibra must start.

Knowing what kind of matches we already lost I think we are the last team in the world that can get comfortable before the second leg.

After 5 years we can actually start to think about quarter finals. :proud:

Last edited:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Wegner sounded too negative after the game, it would be awesome if he claims defeat and plays a bunch of teenagers against us in second leg.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Still fresh with the Riazor memories...but there's some factors that I believe will help us out.
a) I'm sure that after the injuries and mini pre season in Dubai we're not gonna do a mini preseason in March-April like we did back then (if you guys remember we had a series of difficult results/questionable results in Serie A too before and after that game).
b) I sure as hell hope Arsenal won't dope their players (yeah this is a bit paranoic, but no fucking way 36 year old Mauro Silva can outpace for 90 minutes 25 year old Gattuso, that's just not normal).
c) Deportivo beat us on pace in our defense old defense (and our only under 30 defender had just came back from an injury-Nesta,, well he had came from it before, but he wasn't playing on a great level). I feel that would also be the way Arsenal could beat us, but considering we have the 4-0 advantage, there's no reason for us to leave them lots of space to run.
d) Deportivo did score that 1 goal.
e) Deportivo had a more "mature" team than Arsenal, they simply had more experience. I dunno I looked Arsenal way more defeated yesterday than I remember Deportivo 7 years ago.
f) At the end of the day, its a learning experience, and I'm sure Allegri will use it to avoid making the mistakes Carlo did back then.

Both teams had terrible defenses (IIRC Prso scored 4 on Deportivo that very same season in a 8-3 result), and we could've beaten them by a larger margin in the first leg. So yeah there's similarities, and you can't rule out anything to happen in football (we should know :(), but lets say I'm a little more comfortable with this result than I was back in 04' with the Deportivo result.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
What the fuck are we talking about

seal the fucking gates...
yt616.jpg

carlo is not a typical italian coach .. allegri is just plain old italian sly bastard .. he can shut the door if he wants to. lets put bonera on along with every other defender..

counter counter and counter .. wont mind playing pato or el shaaa

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
What about, since Ambrosini is suspended, and we don't wanna have Van Bommel getting yellow, about Emanuelson as anchor?

Aquilani as right-centre midfielder, Nocerino as left-centre mid, and Boateng obviously as attacking mid. I would like to see it. Emanuelson's games gives me the feeling he can.

The rest of the line-up can stay the same, they really played all really well. :)

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Still fresh with the Riazor memories...but there's some factors that I believe will help us out.
a) I'm sure that after the injuries and mini pre season in Dubai we're not gonna do a mini preseason in March-April like we did back then (if you guys remember we had a series of difficult results/questionable results in Serie A too before and after that game).
b) I sure as hell hope Arsenal won't dope their players (yeah this is a bit paranoic, but no fucking way 36 year old Mauro Silva can outpace for 90 minutes 25 year old Gattuso, that's just not normal).
c) Deportivo beat us on pace in our defense old defense (and our only under 30 defender had just came back from an injury-Nesta,, well he had came from it before, but he wasn't playing on a great level). I feel that would also be the way Arsenal could beat us, but considering we have the 4-0 advantage, there's no reason for us to leave them lots of space to run.
d) Deportivo did score that 1 goal.
e) Deportivo had a more "mature" team than Arsenal, they simply had more experience. I dunno I looked Arsenal way more defeated yesterday than I remember Deportivo 7 years ago.
f) At the end of the day, its a learning experience, and I'm sure Allegri will use it to avoid making the mistakes Carlo did back then.

Both teams had terrible defenses (IIRC Prso scored 4 on Deportivo that very same season in a 8-3 result), and we could've beaten them by a larger margin in the first leg. So yeah there's similarities, and you can't rule out anything to happen in football (we should know :(), but lets say I'm a little more comfortable with this result than I was back in 04' with the Deportivo result.

I had the exact thoughts after first game vs Arsenal. Deportivo match was one of worst Milan matches I ever seen.

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
This is what I do in Fifa during 2nd leg if I win at home.:o

-------GK
----CB CB CB
-RB----------LB
---CM-CM-CM
-----CF-CF

:lol:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This team have been through the deepest shit ever in the game of football. Losing nothing to four to Deportivo La Coruna and letting Liverpool equalize in that motherfucking disgusting second half. No other team ever experience this kind of shit but us. Though most of the players today were not present in those nightmares but still the moments are part of the team's history. We been through these horror shit so we feel no shame calling ourselves an experienced team. We will keep the team together, hold on tight, and advance to the quarters safe and sound.

If I was in Max's boots I would let the team watch the two legs against Deportivo and the Istanbul final quite a few times from now until the game in London takes place.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
They at least have to realize what can happen, not to be too confident, and play the later game like we lost 0-1 at home.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
acerвιc wιт;1239348 said:
The only way Arsenal can win is if they trade Robin for Batman!

2805735707_115d389b9a.jpg

that's even better for us :lol:

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't breath easy until this shit is all over. And i want a win in this one too:thumbsup:

Schedule