Cristian Zapata Thread

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
As of right now, Zapata needs to be benched. He is just damn awful. If Allegri wants excuses, he may as well start Vergara or a Primavera kid.

:thumbsup: Give a damn opportunity to Pacifico or Iotti

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am excited to see Silvestre back, I didnt imagine that'd be possible pre season

mummila

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i am his fan but tonight i admit that he is awful.

no excuse.

People wont see that, because they need someone to blame.

Zapata is only 26 and learning to play the position beside a haphazard mexes.

If he was learning from Nesta instead he would be much better, Thiago silva wasnt always a solid defender but he had the luxury to play with and learn from Nesta.

Mexes is good. but he is not a teacher.

yes, he needs a tutor.

i wonder what tassotti doing back there.

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Wasnt a good performance... felt uneasy quite a few times ... and that corner for Sampdoria he got owned, luckily we got away with it... otherwise the game would have been much different.

I still don't understand why he goes forward on corners and stuff ... it's not like he can hit headers anyways.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what's up with those simple passes misplaced. Just way too many lately

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Zapata is a player that suffers from concentration/confidence, once the back line settles in so will he.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Zapata is a player that suffers from concentration/confidence, once the back line settles in so will he.

We cannot afford that with our current situation ... plus there's no denying that on high balls he's no good... missed a header in offense today and another on a Samp corner ... and was caught off position by Samp player (Sansone?) on the second half when we barely got away due to Sansone passing the ball to Petagna and instead hitting Mexes foot ... many errors today.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
We cannot afford that with our current situation ... plus there's no denying that on high balls he's no good... missed a header in offense today and another on a Samp corner ... and was caught off position by Samp player (Sansone?) on the second half when we barely got away due to Sansone passing the ball to Petagna and instead hitting Mexes foot ... many errors today.

your complaining for the sake of complaining, the backline kept a clean sheet so my statement still stands.

Once the back four settle in he'll improve, just like last season.

I keep telling you people we cant afford defenders that are goin to be head and shoulders better than Zapata, its just unrealistic to think this way.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
BVaR4ziCQAA4cD7.jpg:large

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
that smiling birthday pic refrains me from expressing the full extent of my frustration

shit needs to be sorted man. I feel bad for always criticizing Zapata and not Mexes but this guy makes twice as many mistakes

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that smiling birthday pic refrains me from expressing the full extent of my frustration

shit needs to be sorted man. I feel bad for always criticizing Zapata and not Mexes but this guy makes twice as many mistakes

Mexes made one mistake and Zapata topped it. Zapata is just an accident waiting to happen.So far this season , he looks scared and plays scared and it is always out of position. If it were not for his 1vs1 skill (pace); I would rather start Zaccardo, Silvestre or Bonera over Zapata.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zapata really impressed last season. he's not world class but i would still like to see him being coached by a proper manager. sack allegri then give zapata 6 months to show what he can do otherwise show him the door really disappointing christian.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
He would be a good 3rd choice CB we need a defender with tactical astuteness and a cynical defender who doesn't take chances but simply offers guarantees.

mummila

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
zapata really impressed last season. he's not world class but i would still like to see him being coached by a proper manager. sack allegri then give zapata 6 months to show what he can do otherwise show him the door really disappointing christian.
agree. :thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

:thumbsup:

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Problem is Abate is Always doing his headless runs, and comes in late when opponents counter attack, this leaves Zap in a lot of trouble and makes him look bad.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
horrible form, I expect bonera or silvestre to bench him after the international break.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
horrible form, I expect bonera or silvestre to bench him after the international break.

I actually thought he played well tonight.

Got the better of Tevez many times.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Didn't he give the ball away for the first goal. Tried a short pass to Montolivo but hit it to far and Monty couldn't get it. That's how I remember it.

Anyway I think he is awful. We are full of average players so he fits in right about now.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to throw this but it seems only right: building up starts from the back. Zapata is way to slow in his passing.

I feel good about Silvestre, who I've always liked since he played in Catania. Didn't strike me as a one-season-wonder that lad. I'm expecting a centre between Silvestre and Mexes.

mummila

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Didn't he give the ball away for the first goal. Tried a short pass to Montolivo but hit it to far and Monty couldn't get it. That's how I remember it.

Anyway I think he is awful. We are full of average players so he fits in right about now.

Our set up play is sucks. In several occasion that moment would come naturally, the second goal is the same story. Lack of concentration and teamwork.

Plus, Tevez is diving.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
no goal came from his mistakes. winning chalange several times and people still blame him.. :fp:

What are you talking about? It was his stupid pass that caused Monty to lose possession for the first goal.

And where was he for the second? Flat on his ass after leprachaun Giovonco danced round him :lol:

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
He needs a time out

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Zapata: I had no confidence
By Football Italia staff

Cristian Zapata has reflected on the challenge he felt in arriving at Milan and how former colleague Mario Yepes helped him settle in.

The two Colombians spent the 2012-13 season together at San Siro and formed a working relationship that the younger of the pair still with the Rossoneri hopes will be rekindled with their national team.

“Mario helped me a lot last year when I arrived at Milan and I really hope that we will be together in the national team next year,” considered Zapata to magazine Calcio2000.

“I will do everything to earn a place in the Colombian national team.

“Only by doing well with Milan, can I be taken into consideration.”

Zapata initially joined Milan on a year’s loan last season, before making his switch permanent last summer.

“It was amazing, I do not know what else to say to explain the happiness that I felt when I was told that Milan wanted me.

“Every since I was little, I had known about and loved Milan. They are a team full of champions, always at the top, and in fact I could not even think about it, it was an opportunity to be seized, and I did.

“The first day at Milanello? It is a crazy place. It is a structure that moves you greatly. You are surrounded by huge photos there of past champions, it is impossible not to be charmed. It is fantastic, really fantastic.”

The centre-back arrived in the wake of Thiago Silva and Alessandro Nesta’s departures.

“I knew it would not be easy. I arrived in a moment when two star players such as Thiago Silva and Nesta had ended playing with Milan.

“In short, it was very difficult and, moreover, I was recovering from a bad season at Villarreal and I had no confidence in myself.

“Fortunately, thanks to the hard work, to my teammates and to the Coach Allegri, everything went in the right direction.

“Allegri knew me from my time at Udinese and knew what I could do and contribute. He gave me confidence.

“I could not disappoint him, I got to work and, in the end, I was born again, certainly thanks to his help.”

This season sees the 27-year-old in partnership with Philippe Mexes.

“Everyone says that Mexes is one to fall asleep, but so do I, but in the end we are good and we have done good things on the field.

“The important thing is to continue to do well and to make as few mistakes as possible.”

Lol Zapata talking as though he's having a magnificent season...does he not realize he's the primary reason we've got the 3rd worse defence in the league?

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As I said before, he should seriously work on his craft and STFU and stop giving interviews.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
What's funniest is Zapata's talking smack whilst :g: shopping for his replacement :lol:

Brainless on + off the field

Schedule