Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
if im not wrong, makelele doesn't wanna play for NT anymore. Like Nesta, after the WC2006 he had enough.

But Nesta is more classy and left on the top ;)

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
fixed: DOmenech hates Italy and the footballers that plays there:D

irrelevant since flams wasnt called up while at arsenal either... which is where he played the best football of his career so far.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
irrelevant since flams wasnt called up while at arsenal either... which is where he played the best football of his career so far.

I believe he was called up when he started to play regularly at Arsenal not much yet but I bet he will get more if he stays in Arsenal, he began to lost Domenech's interest when he started to play for us

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
When did this become the Flamini thread?

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
You're a nervous guy Centre?

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
just asking.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i dont see how anything i did indicated nervousness... are you sure you're using the right word?...

this is even more off topic than the stupid flamini discussion...

you're right.. discussion that you started.. anyway water under the bridge.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
God, I love fast players! He did well last night. I hope he becomes a regular. In 2-3 years he'll be really, really good!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah. Let him get used/comfortable with the RB role. Thereafter, I'm sure we'll see more of him going forward + doing so at the right moments intelligently.

Only immediate concern? Crosses - too many wayward crosses to no one in particular. He's got to be more patient + accurate cause he lost far too many balls that way.

An another note, good move by the Bari coach in playing Rivas (or whoever that quick left winger was) ... his mere presence kept Abate largely in defensive positions, deterring him from moving forward freely. Abate did well as he seemed a difficult player to defend against.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
An another note, good move by the Bari coach in playing Rivas (or whoever that quick left winger was) ... his mere presence kept Abate largely in defensive positions, deterring him from moving forward freely. Abate did well as he seemed a difficult player to defend against.

Rivas was the one. He played really well, especially when dealing with Gattuso. I think either Rivas or Donati at one time driblled past Gattuso with style, pushing the ball between his feet. In defence of Gattuso he won a few balls back after that.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I like Abate, but I don't think he looks very comfortable defending(at least yet). Rivas was getting the better of him almost every time, especially in the first half(actually Rivas was owning everyone and everything yesterday).

I think he could be better deployed in midfield, then again our full-backs are so terribly bad that it kinda forces Leo to play Abate there.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
I like Abate, but I don't think he looks very comfortable defending(at least yet). Rivas was getting the better of him almost every time, especially in the first half(actually Rivas was owning everyone and everything yesterday).

I think he could be better deployed in midfield, then again our full-backs are so terribly bad that it kinda forces Leo to play Abate there.

Abate needs to settle definitely, still is the big question would we go for a new RB in January or keep Abate there?.
He does still look confused to play as an RB but maybe because he was worried about Rivas ... Pirlo often tells him to make a forward run but Abate seems hesitated at times

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Abate needs to settle definitely, still is the big question would we go for a new RB in January or keep Abate there?.He does still look confused to play as an RB but maybe because he was worried about Rivas ... Pirlo often tells him to make a forward run but Abate seems hesitated at times

Not a new RB, but a new right forward(winger) or so... someone quick, someone creative... so Abate can stay at RB and we got someone who can support our striker(s):mad:

And also a left forward(winger)!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
The day after the match against Bari, Ignazio Abate: 'I'm disappointed, as are my team mates. Now we just have to keep our heads down and work. Marco Storari did really well.'

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made by Ignazio Abate today at Milanello, to Milan Channel's microphones, at the end of the team's training session, on yesterday night's match against Bari:

"Certainly we expected a different evening, we wanted to shorten the standings by getting the full result and getting closer to the top teams, but it has to be said we met a fine Bari team which created many more chances than us. On Wednesday we have another big game, in a competition we care a lot about, our heads are already focused on Zurich.

When you face teams like Bari we need to have the same focus and the same determination to let our qualities come out. Evidently Bari put in something more and in the future that shouldn't happen again, especially at home.

Personally I am bitter just like my team mates about yesterday's match, we could have done much more. We only need to keep our heads down and work to try to do much better on Wednesday.
We players go on the pitch and we are the ones who have to find the right motivations and the desire to do well, we have what it takes so we'll have to play a good match."

Yesterday night Storari played a great match.
"I am very happy for Marco, since we arrived here we formed a great friendship, he's a great lad and especially a great professional, I hope he continues like this, with all my heart."

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE

agreed...i like him as well but i don't like him playing the last line of defense. he's a bit too unpredictable. last line of defense needs to be calm&confident...maldini, nesta types. abate seems to panic a bit back there

i know that's why i always hated playing defense...too much pressure ;)

i think midfield would be a better place for him...he could do more there...just my 2cents

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah.. he is used to be combative in the middle.. in the last line is something new, for sure is not comfortable for him.
Have to know how to do a fault in a striker or a winger.. coz is a little bit different than do in a SM or a DM for example.

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
did great today.

milan's jedi

col Milan nel cuore
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ibrahimović
OUR CONFIDENCE
10/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

'We may not have played well but still created chances. Adriano Galliani is close to us and made us feel the faith of all the club. We can do better against Atalanta.'

MILAN - Today at the Carrefour of Limbiate the fourth stop of the Mall Tour was held. Also present was Ignazio Abate, who spoke to Milan Channel's microphones. Here is what he said:

'We are sad about yesterday's defeat, we are very angry in fact... Compared to the match with Bari we made a step forward because even though we didn't play well we at least created chances. We must have faith and continue working hard during the week like we are already doing. We need some optimism around us. We have to do well to get the fans on our side. In important clubs like ours when things go bad the fans whistle but they can also take you high when there are victories...'

'Adriano Galliani is close to us and made us feel the trust of the whole club. We must not think of the voices surrounding us because they only hurt.'

'Against Atalanta we need to have the same anger that they have. I've also played in teams that fought against relegation and they made speed their strong point. Atalanta may be organised like Bari, there will be suffering but I'm sure we can do better.'

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
AC Milan Have Lost Their Self-Esteem - Alberto Zaccheroni
Former Milan coach Alberto Zaccheroni talked about the team's current situation.
Oct 5, 2009 9:03:04 PM
Alberto Zaccheroni (Infophoto)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Alberto Zaccheroni (Infophoto)
Related Links
Teams

* Milan

While coach Alberto Zaccheroni may not have had one of the strongest Milan teams of the last twenty years, he still managed to win the Scudetto after a very hard-fought race with Lazio in the 1998-99 campaign.

At the moment the Rossoneri are struggling badly, despite having probably a better squad than ten years ago. Zaccheroni talked about the reasons behind Milan's problems.

"They're a team that have lost their self-esteem," he said to CNR Media. "I don't think it's a question of tactics or values. I don't think the problem is with the squad.

"It's not a coincidence that [Ignazio] Abate has become an important player, because he's coming off a season where he was relegated with Torino. For him playing for Milan is like touching the sky with his finger, so he has the enthusiasm to do great things.

"I don't know if the rest of the group has the same enthusiasm. When a team loses self-esteem it's difficult to do what you want to do. You lose esteem not in yourself, but in those who play alongside you."

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Empoli had half Milan's youth academy at one stage. Abate, Pozzi, Marzoratti, Antonini...