Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
UFC don't do enough to hype robbie lawler, his last 2 fights were fantastic and enough to sell you on why you should watch this guy fight.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Last two were wars man. Especially the one vs condit. But honestly i actually feared that he would lose the decision fight to condit. I like condit too but lawler definitely is my favourite fighter. But apparently you have yo completely annihilate the champion in decision type fights if you want to win otherwise you wont get the belt.

Hope they make condit vs tyron rematch and then go with lawler vs wonderboy.

Ofcourse i am assuming my boy lawler will win.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last two were wars man. Eapecially the one vs condit. But honestly i actually feared that he would lose the decision fight to condit. I like condit too but lawler definitely is my favourite fighter. But apparently you have yo completely annihilate the champion in decision type fights if you want to win otherwise you wont get the belt.

Hope they make condit vs tyron rematch and then go with lawler vs wonderboy.

Ofcourse i am assuming my noy lawler will win.

I don't agree. Condit lost that fight regardless.

But yea, Lawler doesn't really get the push from UFC.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brett Okamoto ✔ @bokamotoESPN
According to sources, Brock Lesnar tested positive for Clomiphene, the same anti-estrogen blocker Jon Jones tested positive for.

Lesnar/clomiphene news also being reported by @latimespugmire of LA Times.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
According to sources, Brock Lesnar tested positive for Clomiphene, the same anti-estrogen blocker Jon Jones tested positive for.

Lesnar/clomiphene news also being reported by @latimespugmire of LA Times.

BvSnEAPCcAAFQHf.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thanks

Let's see how 202 does. That card should've had one more top fight though.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cyborg believes Michael Page acted like clown after fight

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/2...ves-michael-page-acted-like-clown-after-fight

Once again, I've spoken to my mestre and other old school MMA guys some even legends, the common consensus is that people nowadays are willing to do anything for ratings and gain recognition. In a situation like this, the phrase "act like you've been there" comes to mind.

And again, Page did not know the severity of Cyborg's injuries and that is NOT the reason people including myself feel that move is bad sportsmanship.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
as a pro wrestling fan i enjoy showmanship, but unfortunately his timing was awful due to cyborg's injury.

hopefully cyborg makes a full recovery :thumbsup:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
timing was indeed the only problem

you could see that it was planned, and like i've been reading he's done stuff like this before. we see stuff like this all the time in football after a goal is scored of after the fight.

these are grown men punching each other in the face, i don't like when they start complaining and becoming sensitive. :lol:

and btw, showmanship is needed in this sport... if everyone was a weidman this sport would die out quickly.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Holly loses again.

Her camp needed to make her understand that her beating Ronda was a big fluke and she had lots of gaps that needs to be closed. In general, I think Holms is a very limited fighter and I don't consider her near contender status again after this loss. She needs to really put on a string of wins before being considered again.

In a limited division in terms of evolution of the sport, I'd much rather be a skilled grappler than a skilled striker. That has been proven time after time again.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Barboza has some fucking vicious leg kicks, and his tdd has improved ten fold + he is not folding under pressure anymore.

One more win and he should get at title shot.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I was half asleep watching the main event, don't remember so much from it. Was it a controversial win for Sheva (lol) or what? What was the numbers?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
sheva won 49-46 on all 3 scorecards, she was clearly the better fighter.

Holly loses again.

Her camp needed to make her understand that her beating Ronda was a big fluke

I disagree, she's a counter fighter who was a bad match up against rousey's below amateur striking, IMO she would beat rousey again.

shevchenko and tate aren't really going to come at her, so she becomes timid against fighters who aren't pushing the pace. let's be honest, holm had the fight won against tate and she was winning the final round before tate took her down.

it showed from her first 2 fights before rousey, she can only shine against specific opponents.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Barboza has some fucking vicious leg kicks, and his tdd has improved ten fold + he is not folding under pressure anymore.

One more win and he should get at title shot.

khabib and tony ferguson deserve it more than he does

tony ferguson already beat him, khabib would beat him comfortably IMO.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
damn 49-46...

I can't really get into WMMA, but having RR back would indeed spice up the division, and then there's Cyborg as well. I wonder if she'll fight in the UFC again.

Nunes said that there's nothing for her at 145, she's the 135 champ and that's what she's gonna defend. And I agree with her. Cyborg needs to adjust, not the whole division.

But then again, if the money is there, they will fight at 145.

Holm should do it, she's huge for this division. Sheva looked really small compared to her.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
khabib and tony ferguson deserve it more than he does

tony ferguson already beat him, khabib would beat him comfortably IMO.

Khabib is gonna beat everyone comfortably I think. Haven't seen so much of him, but he looks like a monster.

I love Conor, but light weight have a looot of bad match ups for him.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sheva won 49-46 on all 3 scorecards, she was clearly the better fighter.

I disagree, she's a counter fighter who was a bad match up against rousey's below amateur striking, IMO she would beat rousey again.

shevchenko and tate aren't really going to come at her, so she becomes timid against fighters who aren't pushing the pace. let's be honest, holm had the fight won against tate and she was winning the final round before tate took her down.

it showed from her first 2 fights before rousey, she can only shine against specific opponents.

It would be another "fluke" if Ronda decides to do that again. If Ronda fights to her strengths, no way Holly beats her again.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Seriously, WHAT. THE. FUCK. was RR doing in that fight vs Holm? :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
btw, curupira

Around the time when Holm and Conor both lost on submission, Holm was praised for not tapping. I don't understand that, when you're loosing, why not tap?

Alright if it's a choke, but remember when Nogeira didn't tap vs Mir? He broke his fucking arm. What's the point of that??

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be another "fluke" if Ronda decides to do that again. If Ronda fights to her strengths, no way Holly beats her again.
there you go calling it a fluke again :head: Grazie holm for that wonderful fight :proud:

maybe if ronda changed coaches she could beat holm but if she stays with the galliani of coaches..then holm is going to beat her again.

whenever she tried to throw her in the fight it didnt work, and ronda can't wrestle.

anyways I don't think ronda is gonna fight holm IF she comes back, probably a straight title shot vs nunes or whoever is holding the belt by that time :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
damn 49-46...

I can't really get into WMMA, but having RR back would indeed spice up the division, and then there's Cyborg as well. I wonder if she'll fight in the UFC again.

Nunes said that there's nothing for her at 145, she's the 135 champ and that's what she's gonna defend. And I agree with her. Cyborg needs to adjust, not the whole division.

But then again, if the money is there, they will fight at 145.

Holm should do it, she's huge for this division. Sheva looked really small compared to her.

they're all scared of cyborg, she would beat every single one of them pretty easily.

first tate and holm were down to fight cyborg at 145, tate hasn't said anything and now holm's camp is like "yes at 135"

cyborg is too muscular to fight at 135, I would love to see her fight ronda :D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Khabib is gonna beat everyone comfortably I think. Haven't seen so much of him, but he looks like a monster.

I love Conor, but light weight have a looot of bad match ups for him.

conor should stick to 145 where his power overwhelms the smaller dudes

although I expect him to fight at 170 again (probably vs GSP) if he beats nate diaz.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
there you go calling it a fluke again :head: Grazie holm for that wonderful fight :proud:

+1

It was a beautiful performance from Holm.

conor should stick to 145 where his power overwhelms the smaller dudes

although I expect him to fight at 170 again (probably vs GSP) if he beats nate diaz.

I fail to see how he can continue making 145, he's to big, especially not after being at 170.

Good fights for him at 145 though: Aldo2, Edgar, Holloway and Pettis who recently moved down IIRC.

I don't see a GSP vs Conor fight happening tbh.

Schedule