Josep "Pep" Guardiola

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Here's the biggest problem to get pep. To get pep e need investors.

To get investors, berlusconi needs to sell. Berlusconi has built a global brand, but general weakness of serie A makes it an unattractive investment. Even city or chelsea with much less 'brand' have more to offer because fo gigantic EPL profits

Btw you idiots missed my point. Look at price it cost Qatar group to buy psg or Russian Ukrainian clubs. Or hell Roma or city

Far less than what berlusconi wants to sell Milan shares for

Maybe the idiot you should first check up on what reason you actually gave before trying to act smart

And, nice touch in avoiding the question and coming up with vague reasons

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Maybe the idiot you should first check up on what reason you actually gave before trying to act smart

And, nice touch in avoiding the question and coming up with vague reasons

Bro. It's ok o admit you have a middle school ability to acknowledge and undersad finance. But to act like its that simple to find a buyer or Milan is in anyway as attractive to an investor as 'smaller clubs' is naive. Fm logic outside of the real world.

The only way Milan becomes an attractive investment is if they show profitability and berlusconi lowers his price like Moratti did. Nether have happened yet

But yeah. The cost of psg or city + losses on buys v. Revenue is still less than owning Milan period

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Explain PSG then?

Or Anzhi or any of the Russian or Ukranian teams?

YOur question has been answered numerous times in the last to pages, but lets sum it up since you insist:

1) ATM investing in Italy isn't exactly something interesting, it's very risky, the country is in a mess....you have to give it a lot of thought. Hell even the scandals the league has gone through are enough to scare off possible foreigner investors. If you're gonna invest in Italy, it's gotta be something that you know will get you profits.

2) Yes Serie A has a bigger brand name than League 1 or Russian or Ukrainian leagues, thing here is, Milan is bigger brand name than PSG, Anzhi, etc. And what Berlu wants its more than what any of those clubs cost. So this means, Milan costs more than those teams in a league that's dropping its value. It's much less risky to invest in a PSG in a league 1 since it's less money to invest than in Milan in Serie A. Smart, rational investors avoid big risks that have more chances of implying losses than profits at all costs.

3) Russian, Ukrainian teams and Roma all cost much less than Milan, and were bought by investors of their own country or in Roma's case are descendents from italians. A foreign investor is even harder to attract.

4) If Serie A atm was in a top situation like it was in the 90's or early in the millenium, then yes, it's MUCH less risky to invest big money in a team that is in a strong league (either that or if Milan was in a situation a la Madrid-Barcelona).

5) Galliani pretty much said "hey we got the doors open, just no one has been interested in investing". That alone should tell you something. I know Galliani wouldn't openly say we got tons of people wanting to invest, nor will he name them, but he wouldn't have said so directly that we have attracted no one.

So hope now you can gather why is PSG, Anzhi, etc different from Milan's case.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
C4m would be an EXCELLENT special Ed teacher :lol:

So much patience

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
It would be fascinating to know who come Inter has got chinese investors into the club. Maybe its all a hoax seeing as one of them is Kenny Huang. Im sure people know his story....

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It would be fascinating to know who come Inter has got chinese investors into the club. Maybe its all a hoax seeing as one of them is Kenny Huang. Im sure people know his story....

If I remember correctly. Was it $150 mil for 25%. Pretty steep discount for inter

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
25 %? I very much doubt that.. I think its in the region of 10-15 %. Never the less Moratti will still have a majority share of the club. It has been talked about that the investors would have two members on the board, Huang, being one of them

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's 15%, $67.63 mil.

Good catch-
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...nese-to-build-new-stadium-and-expand-in-asia/

in otherwords... he's valuing club around $450

Which is not off of forbes, which said 490, which is a decrease because of declining serie A.-
http://www.forbes.com/teams/inter-milan/

Now the flip side, look at milan's value-
http://www.forbes.com/2011/04/20/worlds-most-valuable-soccer-teams_slide_7.html

Inter's making right move though. That money is straight for stadium evelopment. Which will massively increase it's revenue.

Stadium will likely be in like brescia/como area though, something AC Milan is unwilling to do

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The Sunday Mirror says Guardiola has put Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United on managerial alert.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
What does that mean?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is ready to discuss a return to football.

The Sunday Mirror says Guardiola has put Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United on managerial alert.

The former Barcelona boss is ready to open talks about coming out of his *self-imposed exile.

Guardiola walked away from the game at the end of last season, deciding he needed a 12-month break.

But sources in Spain have revealed that Guardiola, 41, has put into place a timetable for his return and instructed his advisers to open talks with interested clubs in January.

It is believed Guardiola wants to work in either England or Germany.

Chelsea, City and Bayern Munich are his preferred options at the moment.

roumors

Last edited:

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
he had a bad time in italy and it's just normal that he doesn't want to come here...

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Guardiola's brother in Milan
First meeting with Galliani

Summit between the brother-manager Pep, the assistant Estiarte and a. D. AC Milan in the afternoon to talk about a possible contract of coach from next season. The club denies, but to the Gazzetta that the meeting is scheduled.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squad...iani-primo-incontro-milano-913136823978.shtml

AC Milan deny the news appeared in some media for a few minutes relating to an alleged meeting between the Deputy Chairman and CEO Adriano Galliani and family or attorneys of Mr. Guardiola.

http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/breaking_news_show/32759

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
guardiuno4-560x420.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Shit is serious.
Allegri. :(

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
he already tried w/ bojan :lol:

Well i think he will try again on Bojan once more, i remember a year ago when Bojan goes to roma and said won't back as long as pep is the coach, Pep reply Bojan is talented palyer if he plays good and he still the coach he will try to convience him to back

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
I guarantee he doesn't Manage Ac Milan as his next club.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Is he coming?

I guarantee not , too many clubs would want him , and with Mancini failing again on CL , plus with Begiristain joining City as director I would see him at City before Milan.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
His wages are too big for the club. He'll most likely manage Chelsea or Man City.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Fuck no. This is not La liga when you coach Real or Barca opponents don't just bend over. Here in Italy you have to know tactics and don't just tell Xavi, Iniesta and Messi go out there and play your game. Hell even mediocre Rijkaard ripped apart La liga and CL with all those superstars. Here you have Konstant, Urby, Nocerino and Muntari so no joga bonita for you. We saw what Pep did vs Mou/Inter and Di Mattero/Chelsea. It's about tactics and defense something that spaniards never heard of.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^

He won vs mous inter in the group stages..........

And the game vs leverkusen when they packed their pen box area with 11 men.....at least for the 1st half.:lol:

He made the weak ass midgets work as one of the most cohesive units ever. Some random coach could never have pulled that, attacking in 11, defending in 11...........he clearly has his ideas. And he clearly has his tactics since i imagine most people b4 would laugh at the idea of a team with only a busqets as the only real ''muscle'' in front of the defense. Hard to believe that kind of setup leaked as little goals as it did.

Anyway was surprised to see berlu show up for a milan game. Then i remembered the guardiola rumors. Might be something to it after all. Surely he didnt just show up to see milan play.:o

FOLA

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
^^

He won vs mous inter in the group stages..........

And the game vs leverkusen when they packed their pen box area with 11 men.....at least for the 1st half.:lol:

He made the weak ass midgets work as one of the most cohesive units ever. Some random coach could never have pulled that, attacking in 11, defending in 11...........he clearly has his ideas. And he clearly has his tactics since i imagine most people b4 would laugh at the idea of a team with only a busqets as the only real ''muscle'' in front of the defense. Hard to believe that kind of setup leaked as little goals as it did.

Anyway was surprised to see berlu show up for a milan game. Then i remembered the guardiola rumors. Might be something to it after all. Surely he didnt just show up to see milan play.:o

:thumbsup:

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
I think there's a big chance he would come to Milan.

If we're talking about presitge and history, then Milan outplays City, Bayern and Chelsea. Man Utd is the only team IMO that can toy with our history/prestige. City is a team of top players bought to win, it's similiar to Barcelona where the players are already proven and top of their game. Same goes with Bayern, Chelsea etc.

Here at Milan, it's a project - Pep will start next year, implement his style, hopefully penetrate our youth ranks too. It's a challenge that if successful he'd be definitely regarded as a truly successful coach.

The only thing we need is transfer money!

There's a chance that he's already signed with Milan or close to agreement whilst Galliani is backing Allegri in the media to keep fans out of it.

I mean what is Allegri going to do next season with this team and perhaps a few 'new & good' players? The senatores have left and now it's time for Milan to begin a new cycle..

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
We'll have a coach who'll earn more than players :star: get him.

Schedule