Mathieu Flamini Thread

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:
I understand the joy & happiness of many after finally landing a decent signing. However, let's not rush the celebrations. He's impressed us before, but we have yet to see how he adapts to Serie A.

Welcome Flamini & show us what you've got :)

He told Ancelotti that he reserved the 3'rd seat from the left in the bench. :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
x__player said:
I wouldnt say decent signing as he can replace whoever of our "The best in the World" midfield. It is superb signing for us but I agree with you - he must adapt do Serie A.
By decent signing I meant to say the first decent signing after several horrible ones :)

Of course he's not ONLY decent ;)
Bes said:
He told Ancelotti that he reserved the 3'rd seat from the left in the bench. :D
Next to Gourcuff so they can both curse Carlo in French :tongue:

Aren't we the most optimistic lot? :tongue:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm very happy to have officially signed Flamini. To be honest, I never really thought this would actually happen when all of the rumors started circulating. At one point, it even looked as though Flamini would be joining Juventus, but luckily he thought twice about whether he would ever like to have any success outside of domestic competition and ultimately chose to join one of the two most successful clubs in history. I just hope that he can adapt to Serie A and fit in with the squad, but I'm confident that he has the quality to do so. Like everyone else has been saying, Pato and Flamini were two of the best moves made by G+B+B in a long time. I just hope that we are nowhere near finished with this transfer campaign.

I really hope that the next purchase we make will be a world class GK. All due respect to Kalac and Dida, one will never lead us to the top of Europe/Serie A and one is long past his prime. Either Marco Amelia or Frey would be perfect, IMO. Amelia would seem to be the more likely option as he currently plays for lowly Livorno and all of the other big teams in Italy already have 1st GK options that they are satisfied with. Amelia is young and could develop into one of the best keepers in the world if he were to join Milan, IMO. Frey is better than Amelia at this point (also older), but I think that it would probably be tougher to pry him away from Fiorentina than it would be to get Amelia from Livorno. Perhaps Frey will see that even in our worst season this decade, Milan was still able to finish ahead of his team in Serie A (hopefully) while taking the final CL spot. Either way, one of these two guys are a must, IMO.

We also need two or three defenders. The emergence of Bonera over the last couple of weeks really is a great sign for our future. I just hope that he can maintain the type of form he has had in the last several games. I would gladly welcome Zambrotta to the San Siro as I still believe that he is one of the best defenders in the world when in form. His versatility is also something that should never be underestimated. IMO, Zambrotta could provide 2 or 3 very good years for the Rossoneri. Dossena and/or Vargas are also players that I believe we should be all over during the summer campaign. Either one would make me really happy, but I'd love to sign both. Then all that is left to do is to find a quality CB for our defense and we'll be set. I'd love to see Barzagli, but I don't know if Palermo's owner would be willing to sell him to us.

Add someone like Gomez, Berbatov, Huntelaar, or Benzema as a striker and we would be one of the best teams in Europe once more.

All I know is that things are starting to look up for Milan: We've purchased two very young and talented players in less than a year!!!

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Milan10 said:
All I know is that things are starting to look up for Milan:

ill join your bandwagon if we secure a CL spot ;)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
yonggoh said:
ill join your bandwagon if we secure a CL spot ;)
True. On the other hand, it's also an encouraging sign that Flamini is willing to join us when we're not yet secured of a place in CL.

Welcome Flamini!

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think shirt number is such an important thing. Let him just do well, help our team achieve the best, that's important. ;)

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Welcome Flamini...
Im very happy he join us, the only thing that doubts me is his position
another DM...we have enough DM's already...
I trust he is better than Gattuso in goin forward, and better tha Pirlo in defending...
we are overloaded with DMs..we must make a good transaction by selling one of them...EMERSON, BROCCHI, BA???... :D

adrian_milan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Maldiniac said:
Flaminiiiii!!man this is the best free transfer for us over the last 4 years!welcome flam :star:

now i'm hoping that our squad is going to be filled by the italian, brazilian and some other young francemen.
wow...are you forgotting PATO???

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milanista said:
can he play against napoli ??

Was ist mit dir, mein freund. :D

He signed a contract, and will be a Milan player starting from next season. He will play still for Assnal.

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
another great thing i see in this transfer is that finally they will be competition in the midfiled next season. it will push Pirlo, Ambro, Gattuso and Seedorf to play better in EVERY game, not only the big matches, to ensure their place in the starting 11

milan133

Forza Azzurri ;)
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini. Kaka. Pirlo. Nesta. Buffon. Toni. Cech. Van Persie. Fabregas. Rosicky
Good signing... :D he will be a great player for us..and I hope the better is yet to come in summer...but does that mean that Gattuso will leave?

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Bes said:
Was ist mit dir, mein freund. :D

He signed a contract, and will be a Milan player starting from next season. He will play still for Assnal.

tut mir leid ich weiss nicht :tongue:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
inomilan said:
another great thing i see in this transfer is that finally they will be competition in the midfiled next season. it will push Pirlo, Ambro, Gattuso and Seedorf to play better in EVERY game, not only the big matches, to ensure their place in the starting 11

Agree and hope that Gattuso/Ambro will rotate in the first team and Flamini to play along side them.He can have back ups in emo and brochi.

adrian_milan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Milanista said:
got it

i seriously dont know
pfft...thats okay...he's ours...you should learn about the transfer rules some more...
FYI...Flamini will be out of contract in the end of the season...until then Arsenal still have the rights to use him in a match until the end of the season....
I wonder how you got those AC Milan Legend tittle :tongue:

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Wild said:
Sure.
He can also play vs Liverpool, 2 years ago. :D

huh ??? :conf:

adrian_milan said:
pfft...thats okay...he's ours...you should learn about the transfer rules some more...
FYI...Flamini will be out of contract in the end of the season...until then Arsenal still have the rights to use him in a match until the end of the season....
I wonder how you got those AC Milan Legend tittle :tongue:

lool...i thought once he signed the contract, he has the option to either play for arsenal or milan and not wait until the end of season. :tongue:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Wild said:
Sure.
He can also play vs Liverpool, 2 years ago. :D

sorry there Milanista.. but Wild seriously very funny. i am laughing until cry now :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Milanista said:
can he play against napoli ??
:D

What odds are you getting for him to be in the starting line-up against Napoli?:tongue:

Milanista_MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO, MALDINI, PAOLO MALDINI, MALDINI, PAOLO, # 3, KAKA (GOD IS FAITHFUL), INZAGHI (GOAL MACHINE)
Did he actually have the choice to go to Juventus but choose Milan? Was it also a free transfer to Juve? Or was other things involved? I'm wondering if he choose Milan on personal prefrence.

Schedule