Alessandro Nesta Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Nesta: Everything Is Fine; Back In Milan Tomorrow
The back problem which has tormented him seems to have gone...

Milan defender Alessandro Nesta will be back in Milan on Thursday morning after spending time in Miami to cure his on-going back injury.

The former Lazio captain has been out of action for most of the season, and he travelled to the United States to help his recovery. There were fears that he needed surgery, but that is highly unlikely as Nesta has reassured both club and fans that all is well.

The stopper didn't reveal much and what he said was limited, nevertheless, it's good news for Milan.

"I am packing my suitcases," Nesta told Radio Radio TV.

"I am fine, all is well."

The defender's return will be a massive boost for the Rossoneri as they have been struggling at the back recently. Philippe Senderos has been less than perfect in central defence and Nesta's come back cannot come soon enough for coach Carlo Ancelotti.

Nesta will also meet his new team-mates. David Beckham, Felipe Mattioni and Thiago Silva have all arrived while the star was away.

The Italian will help the club's Scudetto and UEFA Cup push, and he could be back for the game against Bologna this weekend.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1708/ac...sta-everything-is-fine-back-in-milan-tomorrow

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pippo,Pato,Pirlo,JVoH,Boruc
Thank god..all these injuries may really force him into early retiring so want to see him back and fit again because who knows how long he will be around for.Cant go on forever..although some of our defenders have the habit of it:p

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
god of defense is coming :star::proud:

ROSSONERO_PR

I-BRA-vissimo !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.
The Italian will help the club's Scudetto and UEFA Cup push, and he could be back for the game against Bologna this weekend. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Daaaamn ! I can't believe It ! The last time I saw him It was in TIRANA :proud: I was so Happy about him, but everything turned in the worst possible way after :cry: Hope You will be health and never more with problems at your Back !

FORZA NESTA !

DSC03229.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

DSC03234.jpg

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Let see, Sandro goes back to Italy, tomorrow (Thursday), meaning he did not train with the team yet.
Very unlikely he would play Sunday.... geez

That 'journalist' Landolina should change job, anyway ... lol

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
There is no way he`s gonna be there for the game against Bologna. I expect him to come back in 2 or 3 weeks if everything goes well.

shimec

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,
I am just hoping he'll be fully fit for Inter match

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Let see, Sandro goes back to Italy, tomorrow (Thursday), meaning he did not train with the team yet.
Very unlikely he would play Sunday.... geez

That 'journalist' Landolina should change job, anyway ... lol

Journalist or Goal.com joker.

Sidd

&#2360;&#2367;&#2342;&#2381;&#2343;&#2352;&#2381;&
Reaction score
Woot woot, great wall of italia is coming back:devil:
strikers beware!:)

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Im glad he is on his way back, but there is a long way to go before he can play.

Lets just hope things work out as we need him.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
I know it will be a while before he's match fit, but still......he's back yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!:D

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Dario_Milan_3

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any Milan player contributing to the expected success of the side, need more good Italian players.
Good news. Hopefully Sandro's back holds up while he attempts to get fit.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
what a legend. i love him. more than anyone else on the team right now i think.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Can't wait to have him back in starting 11. Not against Bologna obviously, but as soon as possible.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
MILANELLO: NESTA'S ARRIVAL
1/22/2009

MILANELLO - A few minutes ago Alessandro Nesta arrived at Milanello. The Rossoneri's defender will resume his preparation ahead of his return on the pitch.
acmilan.com

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
So what do you thing guys,do you have any guess when could he return ?

milan's jedi

col Milan nel cuore
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ibrahimović
Forza Nesta !!! Forza Milan!!!!

Nesta has returned to Milanello. The applause of his team mates, the first tests and the first words: 'I'm happy to be here. I will continue the preparations, let's see how my back responds to the workloads.'

MILANELLO - Yesterday he had announced it: 'I have my bags ready, I'm ready to come home.' And today this became a reality. In the morning the defender landed in Linate and then, at around 13.00, he made his much awaited return at Milanello, where he was welcomed by the embrace of his team mates, who reserved him a big welcome. After two and a half months in Miami, where he worked in the morning and the afternoon, the Rossoneri champion is ready to continue his preparation. He explained it himself, in an interview to Milan Channel. Here is what he said:

'I am doing well and everything is going well, I was gone two and a half months, but now I'm back. Let's hope I recover completely. My objective now is to continue the preparation I started, I'm almost halfway. Then we'll see what happens...

'My return on the pitch? The first thing that's important is to see how my back responds to the workloads, then we'll see.'

'It was nice to receive such a welcome from my team mates and to receive their applause. I had been gone a long time, I'm happy to see all my team mates.'

'Also from the United states I followed the situation of Kaká, even if only through newspapers. It's normal that there are offers like that, and it's right to take them into consideration. But in the end it went like it needed to go.'

'The league continues. Inter's result against Atalanta gives good hope that things might change. I've also seen that Juve are doing well. I think that Milan can do well but if we want to win the Scudetto we need to get points now. We can't make any more mistakes.'

acmilan.com

Last edited:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
i think he will be here in 15-20 days max. this guy is pure class he only needs some fitness training that's all. great boost for the rest of the season.

Schedule