Massimo Oddo Thread

What about Oddo?

• It is time we clinched a deal for him. Bring him in!

Votes: 82 62.6%
  • He's good, but not my first option. Lets get him if other options fail.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • He's not upto it. Lets move on.

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
siatanhai said:
personally i think Oddo is a gdsigning as he is use to the serie A and his italy teamates and also he isgd going forward which we need at right back similar to cafu, but i disagree wth you on the pain bit we have plenty of money at leasy 30m left so we should really use it to strengthen the sqaud but at least eve just sign thelieks of ze roberti on a free he is great and free
Oddo has lost a little spark going forward and is going like Bonera. He's improved his defensive game though to make up for it.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Gila#11. said:
Oddo has lost a little spark going forward and is going like Bonera. He's improved his defensive game though to make up for it.
i would have sworn oddo is better going forward than bonera but then agen i havnt seen bonera at right back

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
siatanhai said:
i would have sworn oddo is better going forward than bonera but then agen i havnt seen bonera at right back
Me neither...I'm just assuming cuz Oddo's more of a defensive winger now..unlike Cafu who gets more offsides than Kaka lolz.

diTa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NESTA, Maldini, KAKA, Rio Ferdinand, Seedorf, Pirlo, Fabregas, Cana, Raul.
Jivara said:
agree... boy wouldnt ze roberto and dani alves and gallas go nicely with rico oliveiras signing... maybe another striker too
damn u said it all didnt u :tongue:
yupp i agree but even if it doesnt include all of them id be happy with some:tongue:

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Gila#11. said:
Me neither...I'm just assuming cuz Oddo's more of a defensive winger now..unlike Cafu who gets more offsides than Kaka lolz.
ye i see i think dani alves would be perfect cafu replacement :cry: :cry:

prokeneda

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
We don't need Oddo, c'mon we have Cafu+Bonera+Brochi+Simic+Costacurta+Maldini: all of them can play RSB.
Our defence is OK, Our midfield is OK, Our forward will be ok with Oliveira.

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
prokeneda said:
We don't need Oddo, c'mon we have Cafu+Bonera+Brochi+Simic+Costacurta+Maldini: all of them can play RSB.
Our defence is OK, Our midfield is OK, Our forward will be ok with Oliveira.
I disagree that we don't need another FB.
Players like Cafu, Billy and Maldini are old (>35) and therefore have less stamina and are more injury prone.
Players like Bonera and Simic are not all-around defenders who can defend, push forward and pass/cross with consistency.

Oddo is an all-around defender with offensive and defensive skills and still has a many good years (3-4) left in him. It would be great if Cafu and Oddo could start at right back each starting every other game or when the other is not in-form or at full fitness.

gila0511

milano 4 life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gilardino, Kaka, Pato, Pirlo, Nesta, Cassano, Torres
i disagree too, we need younger defence

S

sheva_kaka722

You can't be serious.. that out defence is ok. If our defence was ok we would have won the champions league and scudetto last season, simple as that.

My greatest hope over this transfer term was that we fixed our defense..

My question is do we need to be very attacking from the full backs..

Don't we have enough potency to create through pirlo and kaka'.

If bonera can defend I think he should start, independant of whether he can attack or not. People are suggesting that nesta's injury is serious, which leaves me extremely concerned about the central defence. I also think jankulovski should get the starting LB role. We have to start planning for the next few seasons rather than just taking it as we go.

My fingers are crossed that we sign buffon some how with gallas and oddo. If we can some how land two of the three, it wouldn't have been a bad transfer term.

Currently:

Jankulovski-Kaladze-Nesta-Bonera
Dida

Hopefully:

Kaladze-Gallas-Nesta-Oddo
Buffon

Everyones been so focused on replacing the irreplacable sheva. If we could have got this defence, we'd most likely only need to score once or at most twice.

prokeneda

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
sheva_kaka722 said:
You can't be serious.. that out defence is ok. If our defence was ok we would have won the champions league .

During 180 mn against the burning FC Barcelona's attack: our "miserable" :rolleyes: defence was surprised only one time. Same thing against Lyon, one goal in 180 mn and after a Free Kick.

I repeat: OUR DEFENCE IS OK, and i never heard our management talking about any changes in defence ( except Gallas ).

I love our management's policy: We trust our guys till the end , this is why i love Milan and that makes us different from the other teams, you should understand that.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
prokeneda said:
During 180 mn against the burning FC Barcelona's attack: our "miserable" :rolleyes: defence was surprised only one time. Same thing against Lyon, one goal in 180 mn and after a Free Kick.

I repeat: OUR DEFENCE IS OK, and i never heard our management talking about any changes in defence ( except Gallas ).

I love our management's policy: We trust our guys till the end , this is why i love Milan and that makes us different from the other teams, you should understand that.
i do understand that, we all do ... weve had this feeling for years when milan has been on top, but this isnt like any of those seasons, this season were going into the season with the management proving to us that we lack motivation ... sometime you need to see the club doing stuff to show we still have the desire to be the best, all what im seeing is that theyre fine with being second best in everything and are fine with seeing players leave for other clubs while we look on changing one target to another in a matter of months only to lose him because it takes us a year to type up an offer and fax it ... im sick of this shit... i would have rather had us sign amateur players and had them here a long time ago and see them blend in with the club since the begining that having anyone join us last ditch and end up taking years to settle in

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
prokeneda said:

You fail to add that Milan lost their most versatile (could equally well play CB or FB) and arguably best defender from last season: Jaap Stam. He was a pillar at the back and one of Milan's best leaders.

Since Milan have failed to replace Stam the defense is worse. Gallas would be the ideal replacement since he would bring a similar versatility but there is no question someone needs to be brought in. Oddo would also be a good signing.

Also all of our old defenders have gotten older which is never good.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
sivlE said:
You fail to add that Milan lost their most versatile (could equally well play CB or FB) and arguably best defender from last season: Jaap Stam. He was a pillar at the back and one of Milan's best leaders.

Since Milan have failed to replace Stam the defense is worse. Gallas would be the ideal replacement since he would bring a similar versatility but there is no question someone needs to be brought in. Oddo would also be a good signing.

Also all of our old defenders have gotten older which is never good.
As a result of that we signed Bonera who can play any position in the back four.

BTW Kaladze is Stam's replacement.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
kaladze will fill in stams role and is more then a replacemnt he is a gun!!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
sheva007 said:
kaladze will fill in stams role and is more then a replacemnt he is a gun!!
FUckin' oath!

He was our best player for the second half of last season without a doubt.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
edika_kaka said:
did oddo will come milan in this week or next week??

I read in newspapper that he will come next week.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
DugiNesta said:
I read in newspapper that he will come next week.

Sorry for this stupid questions.
Is the transfer official? Or we are really close to sign him?
Please yes.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
next week???

THERE IS NO FUCKING NEXT WEEK ... WERE RUNNING OUT OF DAYS.. ONLY 5 LEFT TIL ITS OVER!!!

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Jivara said:
next week???

THERE IS NO FUCKING NEXT WEEK ... WERE RUNNING OUT OF DAYS.. ONLY 5 LEFT TIL ITS OVER!!!

Dude you need to relax. The transfer window finishes next week Thursday. Do you even know if they aren't already finalising the transfer. Like how we did with Bonera...no one knew about it.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Rosanna03 said:
Sorry for this stupid questions.
Is the transfer official? Or we are really close to sign him?
Please yes.

Accoring to that newspapper, Oddo is 90 % milan player. He just need to come in milan for medical test.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
snn said:
I'd prefer Alves from Sevilla.
Oddo should be the last option for the RB position. He is not good enough to replace Cafu. And he is already 30. We need someone young and better than Cafu ; Alves.
A post of mine from 1 weeks ago.
I'd like to see Cafu to continue playing instead of buying Oddo.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
snn said:
A post of mine from 1 weeks ago.
I'd like to see Cafu to continue playing instead of buying Oddo.

With the way Cafu has been playing recently I don't think Oddo will replace him. It just means with have someone with the same qualities as Cafu to replace him if needed, rather than having a CB play there like Costacurta or Stam did last season.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Pirlo Fan said:
With the way Cafu has been playing recently I don't think Oddo will replace him.
How much did he play ? 1 game ?

Fyrstnissen

Sempre Rossoneri!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka and Gourcuff
Pirlo Fan said:
Dude you need to relax. The transfer window finishes next week Thursday. Do you even know if they aren't already finalising the transfer. Like how we did with Bonera...no one knew about it.

Ye, for all we know, we could have signed 5 players undercover.. Our administration like to keep stuff on the D.L. :) - those sneaky foxes!