Clarence Seedorf Thread

When will he get rid of the black scarf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Mentality is destroyed :lol:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Seedorf: "We have to buy the right players who can understand the philosophy and become an integral part of the project."

Seedorf: "We have to build a competitive squad, and we have to do it intelligently."

Seedorf: "A new project will be started next season, and the objective of that project is to bring Milan back to the top."

Hey Clarence if a new project is underway, why don't you at least use some guys from the primavera? Whatever happened with Cristante. Come on, I get the team isn't great, but at least spice things up a little by playing young players in the lineup, we're playing for nothing atm...this is the best momento to use them

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Hey Clarence if a new project is underway, why don't you at least use some guys from the primavera? Whatever happened with Cristante. Come on, I get the team isn't great, but at least spice things up a little by playing young players in the lineup, we're playing for nothing atm...this is the best momento to use them

Petagna, Cristante, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio all unavailable.
''FUU Clarence, use more youth!!''

---------
He said the new project starts NEXT season. The rest of this shitty season can be used to evaluate players. Do they fit in the plans he has or not? Management MUST back him during next mercato or Clarence-era will go to shit for sure.

"We have to buy the right players who can understand the philosophy and become an integral part of the project."

Please, just please get the hint Galliani.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

---------
He said the new project starts NEXT season. The rest of this shitty season can be used to evaluate players. Do they fit in the plans he has or not? Management MUST back him during next mercato or Clarence-era will go to shit for sure.

"We have to buy the right players who can understand the philosophy and become an integral part of the project."

And this is my problem.

Same could have been said for allegri, Leonardo and Carlo. They all requested things they didn't get

You gotta work with what you got at Milan and design a system for the personnel. Not other way around

I'm really disappointed in clarence

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
And this is my problem.

Same could have been said for allegri, Leonardo and Carlo. They all requested things they didn't get

You gotta work with what you got at Milan and design a system for the personnel. Not other way around

this always bothered me, this is exactly what should change

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Such a Leo vibe so far... Hope he proves it wrong.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And this is my problem.

We don't know if Clarence won't get what he wants, he hasn't been here throughout a mercato.
Seedorf's a smart man, I'm sure he wouldn't step into a freefalling Milan without some certainty about being backed by the management. If B&G promised him backing, but omit to do so, then Clarence cannot be blamed imo.

It would make sense, stick to his philosophy and evaluate players during the lost season, as he knows he will be backed by managament.
-----------------------
Without backing Clarence-era is doomed.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Such a Leo vibe so far... Hope he proves it wrong.

It's not the same situation and it's unfair on Seedorf. Leo had a better squad to choose from and he had good options in defence with leaders on the pitch who he can rely on. This team has a crisis in CB, you know as much as I know that in football you cannot go anywhere if you have problems in the heart of defence. And as for leaders we look for Balotelli for inspiration ffs. It's not a fair comparison.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Dont judge seedorf this season judge him next season when he has a pre season with the team. This team is dead since september, no one can wake them up. Like seedorf said we need to build the team again from bottom.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not the same situation and it's unfair on Seedorf. Leo had a better squad to choose from and he had good options in defence with leaders on the pitch who he can rely on. This team has a crisis in CB, you know as much as I know that in football you cannot go anywhere if you have problems in the heart of defence. And as for leaders we look for Balotelli for inspiration ffs. It's not a fair comparison.

Not results. I'm talking more about tactics and a bit his interviews too.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

De Sciglio was unavailable today, how about vs Atletico? AFAIK, Cristante was available for at least 3 games before his injury under Clarence, where was he? Same for Petagna, he was playing in the Primavera, why not have him on the bench and use a 2 forward formation which would benefit more the players we have.

And without going to the youth bit, why on earth have we not played a single game under Clarence with our best fullbacks? Oh its because you don't believe De Sciglio is a left back (even though since his debut its where he's been best), ok then why hasn't Honda been played in the position that really suits him? Oh yes lets use Kaka, who clearly no longer has legs to keep it up, for over 30 minutes.

Why on earth we haven't tried one different tactic? Why is he insisting on a formation that only makes our defense look worse than it is?

Yes the season is lost, no one is expecting Clarence to all of the sudden make the team be perfect and not lose one match. The thing is this is the best moment to try things differently, and Clarence is not, and it's not exactly a bad thing, but its the thing that happens when you bring a man that has never coached to this type of situations.

Besides excuse me, but when he came on, Clarence said the only thing this team needed was enthusiasm. Where is it? Why wasn't enthusiasm the thing that avoided this set of defeats? Oh now its not enthusiasm but we need Year Zero 3.0, what even makes you believe this one will happen now? Where will you sell half the squad under contract?

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i heard he explained de sciglio getting benched vs athletico as rest for parma not knowing de sciglio was disqualified?:lol:

his endless CB rotation resembles that of the livornese. season is long finished so i guess he can experiment all he wants thoe i will be more relaxed when milan hits 40 points

good lord mexes has really turned to shit this season

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Seedorf: "We have to buy the right players who can understand the philosophy and become an integral part of the project."

Seedorf: "We have to build a competitive squad, and we have to do it intelligently."

Seedorf: "A new project will be started next season, and the objective of that project is to bring Milan back to the top."

Didn't he wanted Essien? So he means that players now can not understand the philosophy. :fp:

I hope he's in charge of the transfers in the summer. And he's publicly asking for money.

Intelligently building squad :thumbsup: (selling fodder?)

Shame that his project has not started yet.

Jinjo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Forza Dorf. He has the right philisophy the coach of Milan should have. Now he just needs the players.

For those criticizing his use for Urby he said that he prefers De Sciglio at RB and he understands that LB is a problem area for them. Massive changes will happen this summer. If the team is shit at this time next year then fine ill have my pitchfork out too. But damning Seedorf for not being able to clean up Allegri's mess mid season is stupid as fuck.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
Inter are winning despite playing fucking boring.
Inter are introducing youngsters despite being fucking old fashioned.
Inter are actually winning at the San Siro/Giuseppe Meazza.

Please Professore, don't let them take the lead :(. We can't lose 4th consecutive home game. Fuck that. Fuck it all.

Will always love you, but don't you dare let Inter beat us.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio was unavailable today, how about vs Atletico? AFAIK, Cristante was available for at least 3 games before his injury under Clarence, where was he? Same for Petagna, he was playing in the Primavera, why not have him on the bench and use a 2 forward formation which would benefit more the players we have.

And without going to the youth bit, why on earth have we not played a single game under Clarence with our best fullbacks? Oh its because you don't believe De Sciglio is a left back (even though since his debut its where he's been best), ok then why hasn't Honda been played in the position that really suits him? Oh yes lets use Kaka, who clearly no longer has legs to keep it up, for over 30 minutes.

Why on earth we haven't tried one different tactic? Why is he insisting on a formation that only makes our defense look worse than it is?

Yes the season is lost, no one is expecting Clarence to all of the sudden make the team be perfect and not lose one match. The thing is this is the best moment to try things differently, and Clarence is not, and it's not exactly a bad thing, but its the thing that happens when you bring a man that has never coached to this type of situations.

Besides excuse me, but when he came on, Clarence said the only thing this team needed was enthusiasm. Where is it? Why wasn't enthusiasm the thing that avoided this set of defeats? Oh now its not enthusiasm but we need Year Zero 3.0, what even makes you believe this one will happen now? Where will you sell half the squad under contract?

Look, I'm not Clarence, nor do I agree with ALL of his decisions, nor do I think he's been perfect in his time here. I'm just optimistic about his potential as a trainer as he proved to be a smart player and human being in his playing career at Milan. It's clear he has a vision and he needs to be given time to project it on his OWN group of players, not Allegri's squad, not Galliani's squad.

-

Cristante is not ready for a DM role at all, he drifts too much out of games and is still error prone. It's understandable he hasn't played much as our hopes for an EL spot were alive until arguably today. Petagna (we're talking about the 18 yo kid that set Samp on fire right :rolleyes:) can't be considered a legititmate CF option as of yet. As for De Sciglio, Abate already has one foot outside of San Siro. De Sciglio is going to be our future RB, not LB. Do I think Urby is good enough to be a starting LB? No. But is Constant that much better?

-

It's funny that people say we aren't experimenting with tactics. Because we started out with Taarabt-Kaka-Honda as the AM line, today we played Kaka-Montolivo-Poli, and vs Juventus + Atletico we played Poli in the hole. Clarence talked about formation only existing in defense, in his vision, the front 6 should be a fluid entity. When Honda was played at RAM, he drifted centrally many times. His issue is not the RAM to CAM position change.

-

The mentality of this team is not the only thing wrong with this squad. But it's a legitimate problem we're dealing with. People on this forum laugh it off, mentality hurr hurr, hugs hurr durr. I'm sure you all got a better view on the players mentalities and moods than the goddamn COACH :o

massaro

primetime
Reaction score
Fav. Players
seedorf pato nesta maldini
Forza Dorf. He has the right philisophy the coach of Milan should have. Now he just needs the players.

For those criticizing his use for Urby he said that he prefers De Sciglio at RB and he understands that LB is a problem area for them. Massive changes will happen this summer. If the team is shit at this time next year then fine ill have my pitchfork out too. But damning Seedorf for not being able to clean up Allegri's mess mid season is stupid as fuck.
seedorf need to take responsability for is action since is arrival is blaming evrybody but himself this is disgusting playing the same guys regardless of the way they perform urby is clearly not good enough is a mistake and accident waitng to happen but the guy can do no wrong in is eyes abate and mattia are starting for italy but they cannot play for us because of a bonafide scrub like urby

Last edited:

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Missed the match but I saw a lot of "improvement" on the score. So Happy Essien got to play he's definitely one for the future. I love a coach who doesn't give a chance to the youth and keeps using shitty line ups, if it wasn't for Allegri the 30yo players would be more fit. If only Zambrotta and 38yo Inzaghi were still playing for us though they'd lead Milan to glory like with Leonardo in the past.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Missed the match but I saw a lot of "improvement" on the score. So Happy Essien got to play he's definitely one for the future. I love a coach who doesn't give a chance to the youth and keeps using shitty line ups, if it wasn't for Allegri the 30yo players would be more fit. If only Zambrotta and 38yo Inzaghi were still playing for us though they'd lead Milan to glory like with Leonardo in the past.

What youth? All our players were injured.. SES, DES, Bryan and Petagna weren't even called up.

Vlad

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Seedorf wont be here next season

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Dont judge seedorf this season judge him next season when he has a pre season with the team. This team is dead since september, no one can wake them up. Like seedorf said we need to build the team again from bottom.

You may not be able to "wake them up" , but Clarences role is to also not to pick prime garbage and several players who are "asleep".

Who the fuck benches your two best best players since Jan. No no De Sciglio was unavailable hence "rest" him from the CL and starts Mexes-Bonera in a must win game?
Like him or not Zaccardo has out preformed BOTH Mexes and Bonera this season and he gets benched.

'Dorf did well to rejuvinate the place for a bit, but he should be in some directors role with us, not coaching the first team.Even Someone with tge respect 'Dorf has can keep these guys moving forward.
This is what happens when you look for quick fixes....Fucking Galliani!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

---------

You have turned in to a pro seedorf.. Some of his squad selections are questionable, and u have to admit that

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What youth? All our players were injured.. SES, DES, Bryan and Petagna weren't even called up.

Oh yea I remember the game Petagna and Bryan got injured in... oh wait no I don't because it happened in the youth team that Seedorf put them in. And what about Saponara? Why even use Essien he's no longer necessary since we arn't in Champions League anymore. The Seedorf brigade is so delusional. Lets let him stay to the summer to send our youth on loan and sign players like Alex who are 30+ and lets go of Tassoti for more of his Senator friends to come in yaaaay.

Schedule