Italian Football Thread III

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Back in the CL, finally!

What a crazy game, it was more of a case of Lazio throwing it away than Inter winning it. The last few weeks have felt like that. But finally we get back into the CL, so who cares how we got there.

Its probably better for Serie A. Inter will strengthen further, while Lazio are losing the best players like every summer. de Vrij is already gone, and I can see SMS and Anderson also leaving. Now with CL money, hopefully Inter will buy 2-3 quality players along with Martinez, de Vrij, Asamoah, Rafinha and Cancelo to seriously improve this team.

Congratz

Could you loan us a few players for next season :cry:

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
A lot of people saying "good squad" but I only rate perisic Icardi rafinha (as much as I do kessie) and their CBs

Their first 11 atm isnt that much better than ours. Difference this season- ICARDI and Spaletti

Add Handa, Cancelo and Brozovic to your list, and thats all we have. 8 good players, thats it.

Milan have good players too, but perhaps less suited to a system. Mirabelli wasted a lot of money in the attack (Silva, Kalinic, Borini, etc) instead of just buying someone like Aubameyang.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Inter have a decent line up for Serie A. The bench strength was laughable even without European distractions. Inter have a lot of buying to do to be able to compete on two fronts. Even then, due to the rankings, Inter will probably be placed in a monster group in the CL. Which is why getting out of the group stage could be very difficult.

Yeah it depends on who you are going to be in a group with, but regardless passing the group should be the minimum goal for you guys, or else all this celebrations becomes pointless..

Anyways.. congrats. From a serie a fan’s point of view it is good for the league that its inter and not lazio.

From a milan fans view, fak you and may you be knocked out in the group stages

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Add Handa, Cancelo and Brozovic to your list, and thats all we have. 8 good players, thats it.

Milan have good players too, but perhaps less suited to a system. Mirabelli wasted a lot of money in the attack (Silva, Kalinic, Borini, etc) instead of just buying someone like Aubameyang.

I dont rate brozovic that much, he is too passive when things dont go inters way. Same as Bona, he is hot and cold. Cancelo again is the same but with mammoth potential, like hakan (I know they dont play the same way).

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont rate brozovic that much, he is too passive when things dont go inters way. Same as Bona, he is hot and cold. Cancelo again is the same but with mammoth potential, like hakan (I know they dont play the same way).

I hear ya, mate. All the fuckers are inconsistent, not just Brozovic and Cancelo, but even Perisic, Icardi, everyone.

Brozovic has been consistently one of our best players ever since Spalletti moved him deeper. He seems to have finally found his role, hopefully his inconsistent ways are behind him now.

Our defence is sorted for next season IMO. Handa is good, Inter now have 3 decent CBs in Skriniar, Miranda and de Vrij. Two decent FBs finally in Cancelo and Asamoah, with D'Ambrosio good enuf for back up in both positions. 4th choice CB/FB can be youngsters.

Its the midfield which needs a big reinforcement. Rafinha, Brozovic and Gagliardini are good, but Valero and Vecino are disappointing. Inter need at least 2 quality midfielders. Maybe Vidal and Barella if the rumours are to be believed. Or maybe after quaifying for the CL, Suning will spend big time to get someone like SMS, who would be awesome.

In attack, Icardi, Perisic, Karamoh and Martinez is a good start, perhaps Inter could do with a quality upgrade on Candreva. So thats the 3 quality players I hope Inter will buy, 2 midfielders and an attacker.

Last edited:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wonder who is the most realistic team we can displace next season?

Roma I dont think will sell anyone (no one valuable bar Dzeko)

Napoli- good squad but sarri leaving will mess them

Inter- gonna recruit but 2 games in a week can be hard

Juve- no chance

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
a3adff4bd1fc28bd55e316dbbf4291cc.jpg

These chokers feeling it now, after their first semifinal appearance ever
200w.gif

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
a3adff4bd1fc28bd55e316dbbf4291cc.jpg

These chokers feeling it now, after their first semifinal appearance ever
200w.gif

Funny how all those clubs combined have less CL titles than milan

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Freakin crap. This season just got worse.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
MB? Wes? You boys best ready a repartee... its a question of honour!

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wait, crotone are relegated damn. Should have been spal or even chievo.

I am glad that udinese stayed though, even if those fuckers defeat us once a season.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why do we have be sore and sour over Inter's fourth place? Milan was not even their direct contender for a UCL spot, it was Lazio. What now, like are we crying for Lazio? We fucking failed, acting sore and sour is further failure.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lotito doesn't deserve UCL.
Glad they failed.

Lazio will be dismantled.
Inter will entertain us in UCL / tire themselves out earlier than January.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
"told you guys"

In a shocking turn of events, football fans make wrong predictions, and grown men still believe in forum jinxes.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Honestly it's good that inter made it instead of lazio. Would help this shit league to have a team that are able to participate in Europe with dignity. *looking at you Napoli*

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
SS Nazio bottled it and I am glad about it.
These fuckers had match point vs fucking Crotone and managed to draw !

Merda playing in CL will push us to go better .

Taking into account that this was our zero(0) year , it is not that bad .

Could've been better if we did not lost all those points (mostly brainfarts like vs Benevento and Verona , yes have lost 7 points vs relegated teams.).

Next year will be vital.

We must build the team around Hakan, Suso (who played horrible in the last two months) , Kessie..... That is the main core of the team.
And we must buy top striker, no matter the age.

Sell clever and buy more clever.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
so lazio next season will have weaker squad
inter will be forced to play 2 games per week not like this season
roma after semi in ucl will be under pressure to get some results again
napoli after this year disaster also will have to pass group stage
only juve looks like with easy ride for the next season (since they have squad and won serieA this year without failing in ucl)
hope we will get 3 good players for attacking department and we wont have shit start like this year and next season looks interesting.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Juve definitely failed in uchl.. imagine winning the double 4 years in a row and still not winning a uchl trophy.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Building the team around suso :fp:

Of course, not only around him but he is important part.
He played badly in the last 2-3 months, but do not forget that all the opponents are doubling him lately.

If we play that way , with Hakan on the left side we have more options with Suso.

On the other side, we should get rid of Jack and get more combo player on that position.

Schedule