Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread

How do you think Ibrahimović's 2011-2012 season at Milan will go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Its a great haul - hopefully he keeps that other important streak going too.;)

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
:fp:

"Over and over again". Yet beating all Milan records except those of Gunnar Nordahl in the 1950's.

I can see how that annoys some Swedes. We get it.
And keep our fingers crossed for you.

The fuckz. I'm happy with Ibra's success this season. He's been outstanding, he truly has... But it remains a fact that he sometimes make stupid decisions when a simple one will benefit the team better.

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hmm next season, after inzaghi and seedorf will leave, i wonder if Zlatan is going to change his shirt number to number 10 or 9. Even tho i prefer him keeping the 11, i don't mind seeing him in the number 10 shirt

I'm guessing if Zlatan and Pato are staying next season, and Pippo and Seedorf leaving, Pato will take nr. 9 and Zlatan nr. 10.

I think he has a pretty good success rate at that in general. He was very poor against Atalanta though, but even so first goal was after an Ibra dribble.

Yeah, he made 5 successful dribbles against Atalanta, and five key passes, he created quite a bit but he's dead tired and it's effecting his touch and passing and that makes him look bad, he's been clumsy lately, tripping himself and you can tell from his whole body language that his body isn't doing what he wants it to do when he wants it, he's trying really hard and when he fails he gets so frustrated with himself:

tumblr_m3fjq0TWiW1r4q435o1_500.jpg

http://be21in.tumblr.com/

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's having such a good season. Incredible, really.

Who knew that his pre-season form against Bayern and Solbiatese would be very nearly replicated throughout the season?

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Regarding dribbles, I enjoy them and thats why I really like them.

But as it was brought up again, while he rarely does his "ibracadabra" anymore, his success rate man vs man is sick. Time after time after time again he starts the attack by getting passed his man. How some people have missed that is beyond explanation. Even in last game when he was worse than ever he did it more than once.

And its not only against small players. He has even had pure fun with Barcelonas defense, rounding Pique like a pole.

For entertainment, I miss the elasticos etc.. But as far as productivity is concerned its one of the things he has really improved. Its true it opens up for counters - just look at Messi vs Lampard - but thats generally on the defense. Attackers in the final third are supposed to take chanses.

You could argue he sometimes goes for it when in possession a bit too deep, but thats not often.

Last edited:

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Really?????? This is what I mean about you overdoing it.

He made a simple pass out to Prince who looped it over. What Ibra did in that buildup was nothing special at all.

He took the ball from the centercircle, ran with it, withstood a challenge, and then passed it out to Prince outside of the box. I didn't say it was special, just that a goal came from him doing it.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
He took the ball from the centercircle, ran with it, withstood a challenge, and then passed it out to Prince outside of the box. I didn't say it was special, just that a goal came from him doing it.

this...but i think he doesnt shoot enough. and rly, from what i've seen from him, when he takes those chances, he can score. should shoot more often when he's outside the box but in sight of goal

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I really hope Ibra can be like Drogba, a real late bloomer. Many would say that he was past his prime after his season in barca, but he sure proved us wrong this season

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Regarding dribbles, I enjoy them and thats why I really like them.

But as it was brought up again, while he rarely does his "ibracadabra" anymore, his success rate man vs man is sick. Time after time after time again he starts the attack by getting passed his man. How some people have missed that is beyond explanation. Even in last game when he was worse than ever he did it more than once.

And its not only against small players. He has even had pure fun with Barcelonas defense, rounding Pique like a pole.

I really don't mind when he dribbles against ONE single defender as he usually gets past him one way or another. However, when he withdraws to the midfield position and gets the ball to his feet he naively thinks (not all the time) he can get past 2-3 defenders all at once, using the same feints and a little bit of running.

Sometimes it works and I didn't mean that he should give up on it entirely but when he keeps doing it after losing possession about 15 times in a row over and over again... That's what frustrates me.

Defenders in Italy aren't stupid, once they realize he keeps repeating himself they'll easily keep him out of the game. Ibra is usually smart enough to try a different approach but sometimes he just can't stop, like vs Atalanta.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yeah, he made 5 successful dribbles against Atalanta, and five key passes,
I call bollocks on those stats. I'm also pretty sure he had more turnovers/disposessions than whoscored reports. Awful game. Anyone else would have been subbed at half-time.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I call bollocks on those stats. I'm also pretty sure he had more turnovers/disposessions than whoscored reports. Awful game. Anyone else would have been subbed at half-time.

Couldnt agree more. Whoscored and other sites are reporting so many short-sighted stats these days, leading to wrong analysis.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
I would like to see whats the definition of a key pass. Because if he got 5 of those against Atalanta, where he was extremly poor, he should get about 100 key passes when he is having a good game

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I would like to see whats the definition of a key pass. Because if he got 5 of those against Atalanta, where he was extremly poor, he should get about 100 key passes when he is having a good game

And if any report quotes 'key pass' stats, the same report should quote 'key goofups', when excellent positions were squandered by the player's wrong decision or bad execution. Incomplete without that.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Ibra & Co speak Chinese

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Key pass
The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring. A pass/cross that is instrumental in creating a goal-scoring opportunity, for example a corner or free-kick to a player who then assists an attempt, a chance-creating through ball or cross into a dangerous position. An assist to the assist of a goal also is a key pass.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
And if any report quotes 'key pass' stats, the same report should quote 'key goofups', when excellent positions were squandered by the player's wrong decision or bad execution. Incomplete without that.

Yes exactly. Zlatan has had a wonderful season, but unfortunaly he doesnt seem to be able to keep up with that form for a whole year. Only time I recall where he was consistently good, both in terms of scoring and general game play, was his last year with Inter

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes exactly. Zlatan has had a wonderful season, but unfortunaly he doesnt seem to be able to keep up with that form for a whole year.

No player can. No one. Ibra has had 4-5 not great games last month or so. Cut him some slack.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes exactly. Zlatan has had a wonderful season, but unfortunaly he doesnt seem to be able to keep up with that form for a whole year. Only time I recall where he was consistently good, both in terms of scoring and general game play, was his last year with Inter

And that's where a good second striker helps. Most big teams have another attacker who can shoulder the responsibility, when the superstar flops.

Milan's plan B of scoring goals is onrushing midfielders, who ironically are dependent on Zlatan to hold up the ball.

So when Zlatan goes off form, our plan B also doesnt take off.

Of course, with a fit Cassano and a fit Boateng, we would probably have a better plan B. And the onrushing midfielders would then become plan C.

Ultimately, everything's coming down to the injuries.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I dont agree with you that has had 4-5 great games last month. And you are right that no one can keep up "top form" for a whole season. However Ibras dropp in quaility when he is fresh and when he is tired is huge. He can go from looking like the best striker in the world to Emily Heskey on heroin.

Edit: Refering to freds post

Edit2: That is a valid point necro

Last edited:

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I dont agree with you that has had 4-5 great games. And you are right that no one can keep up "top form" for a whole season. However Ibras dropp in quaility when he is fresh and when he is tired is huge. He can go from looking like the best striker in the world to Emily Heskey on heroin.

Part of the reason could be:

And that's where a good second striker helps. Most big teams have another attacker who can shoulder the responsibility, when the superstar flops.

When Ibra doesn't perform it's extra obvious because we lack the quality around him. Messi, Ronaldo and many others can go missing but their teams continue like before anyway. And that's not strange. Take a look at the Whoscored player rankings. We have TWO players in the top 100. The other top teams have most of their squad in that range.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes that probably plays a big part, that I agree on

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
1:03 Pato makes a pump-fake on the Chinese eyes. :o

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Ibra & Co speak Chinese

Hahaha.. "你好,我是 Zlatan Ibrahimovic" .... :thumbsup:

and after that he's like "fuck the intonation I'll just read the cue card"

"***************AC Milan" :lol:

great stuff.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
it's the guy who fucks the president's daughter

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
fucking mark van bommel :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule