Opinions on the renewel of contracts-expiring players

Who deserves an extension (against lower wages) and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I honestly don't get it, Gattuso is great but players can degrade really fast sometimes. However, I think Gattuso will stay with us.

Actually, Gattuso didn't degrade really fast, he just had a difficult season for reasons. Gattuso is still a very good DM.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
The club asked us to wait until we had won the Scudetto and that’s what we did.
Now we want clarity and respect. You don’t treat flag bearers of this club like this.

I want most of them out, thatz where I stand personally. But Seedorf is right, after all, We dont want to be Real Madrid do we? No! We treat our players good! More so to players who have won a lot 4 Milan n helped to enhance its glory... sit them down, tell them 'it was fun while it lasted' type story shake their hands walk them to the door n tell them not to be strangers.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Saturday 14 May, 2011 Milan to begin contract talks

Milan have a Scudetto party this evening and Adriano Galliani confirms “over the next few days we’ll meet all the players for contract negotiations.”

The Rossoneri’s season is effectively over, as they clinched the title last week and crashed out of the Coppa Italia semi-final against Palermo.

This evening they welcome Cagliari to San Siro in their first home game since being crowned Serie A champions, so the time has come to put an end to uncertainty in the squad.

“We have an appointment with Clarence Seedorf over the next few days and we’ll meet all the players for contract negotiations,” Vice-President Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.

“From Monday we will begin to meet with everyone to define the various situations. I think I made the right decision, choosing not to talk about this before the Scudetto victory.”

Among the players who could leave on free transfers in the summer are Alessandro Nesta, Andrea Pirlo, Flavio Roma, Pippo Inzaghi, Seedorf, Mark Van Bommel and Massimo Ambrosini.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I want most of them out, thatz where I stand personally. But Seedorf is right, after all, We dont want to be Real Madrid do we? No! We treat our players good! More so to players who have won a lot 4 Milan n helped to enhance its glory... sit them down, tell them 'it was fun while it lasted' type story shake their hands walk them to the door n tell them not to be strangers.

We'd be Real if we let them go 4 years ago when they started to decline.

Besides, Real let Raul go. They hade one "senatore", we have like a billion of them, some HAVE to go for us to be able to rejuvenate the squad.

Enough with the extensions, keep Nesta and one of Gattuso/Ambro... bye bye to the rest and thanks for everything.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Nesta , Gattuso/Ambro, Van Bommel and Zambrotta are my choices.

Very mixed feelings on Pippo. Pirlo , Seedorf , Oddo , Janku , Bonera can gtfo. :o

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We'd be Real if we let them go 4 years ago when they started to decline.

Besides, Real let Raul go. They hade one "senatore", we have like a billion of them, some HAVE to go for us to be able to rejuvenate the squad.

Enough with the extensions, keep Nesta and one of Gattuso/Ambro... bye bye to the rest and thanks for everything.

They took the piss with Fernando Hierro too.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
They took the piss with Fernando Hierro too.

Yeah, and that was like 7-8 years ago.

It is what it is, sometimes you have to make that tough decision to let a club legend move on with his career somewhere else. The team always comes first.

and I'm guessing that they're both welcome back to the club to take on other roles. Just like our senatores will be.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Champs Milan choose who to chop from the old guard
Monday 16 May 2011 | by Richard Whittle

When AC Milan won their first post-war title in 1951, the players shook hands on the pitch and their Hungarian coach Lajos Czeizer – known as “Zio” [Uncle] even by his players – took the team for a well-earned bowl of pasta and a glass of wine.

Massimiliano Allegri may not have picked up the tab for Saturday's lavish dinner topped off with a celebratory cake, but the club spared no expense in the San Siro celebrations which rivalled the Eurovision song contest in outlandishness, right down to Kevin Prince Boateng’s Michael Jackson impression.

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/serieaaaaargh/archive/2011/05/16/champs-milan-choose-who-to-chop-from-the-old-guard.aspx

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
One of Ambro or Gattuso needs to stay for another couple years - It's very important for the dressing room and for stability in general. Pirlo and Seedorf should leave though :(

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
I can't wait to see who's officially staying and leaving tomorrow, it'll actually be great! :D

I hope Ambro, Van Bommel and Nesta are secured for tomorrow :star::star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Bump,this is happening right now.If anyone has any news update it please as the meeting gets on.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
^ Galliani will only meet Clarence today. The meetings with the rest of the players will resume tomorrow.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
When was Thiago's contract supposed to have ended before the extension?

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Great news that Silva has tied himself to the club long term and another season with Van Bommel is great news.

Schedule