Milan v Tottenham: English Commentators

shevakaka

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva Pirlo Abate Pato Robinho Nesta Kaka Shevchenko Maldini Abbiati Di Natale Sahin
During this entire game i just wanted to mute the TV because of the Commentators. They were so damn bias, it provoked me so much and some of you feel the same. I heard bias commentators in tennis and olympics but never in a soccer match. I saw the game on SBS AUS and these two English commentators simply ruined the entire game for milan supportors. One of them was Ray Wilkins the former chelsea guy, is this true? it's like they got paid millions to hype up tottenham every 5 seconds, it was disgraceful. So this thread was made so i could hear you other Milan fans thoughts about the Commentary of this game (you all know what i'm talking about)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
next leg its going to be carlo ancelotti and jose mourinho love them on mike

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The English media's xenophobia has been a feature of their commentary and reporting for as long as I can remember, as has the extra hatred they reserve for Italian sides. The only change is that it now comes with the added irony of "their" league's dependence on foreign talent and investment.

The bias has always been there too. And it's getting worse, thanks to Sky commentators' duel role as marketing men for thebestleagueintheworld.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
remote_mute_button_fig.jpg

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
It's one of the consequences of following a team from a country that doesn't speak English. The Seria A experts do their commentary in Italian. When looking for some english language commentary, you almost have to hire these dopes, regardless of how biased they can be.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
We had the same commentators here, besides being biased, I found them boring to listen to and were all quite during 2nd half untill Crouch scored.

As for experts in the studio, Carlton Palmer and John Burridge even made fun of Abbiati's injury. :-/

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
boils my blood :mad: i really hope we thrash spurs in the next game and do it in such style they have to eat the biggest humble pie in history. however whenever they lose all they do is create excuses so I'm not holding my breath.

below is my post in the rumor commode II i really needed to vent my anger somewhere not only at the result but at the bias of the commentary its not happy reading.:rolleyes:

i know this is the wrong thread and i apologise for the mannerisms that will follow. it has been a truly horrible day (details of which i will not go into) i have missed most of the game tonight but i saw the last nine minutes and there was NO PUSH BY Ibra on dawson nor was he off side the goal should have stood. what has truly angered me though is the commentators on tv3 if i see either one of them i will personally tie razor sharp fishing wire around the nuts and kick them from the nearest 500 ft drop, get your noses out of the english medias arse you brown nosing COCKSUCKING, ASS KISSERS

this is the reason i can never watch any champions league football on irish or english channels the biased thinking and commentating is so FUCKING irritating and insulting it boils my blood. THEY SHOULD BE TORTURED SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY FOR MONTHS UNTIL DEATH. WE had better thrash this spurs side when we meet again did we play shit or was the ref this shit the whole game ? if someone can direct me to the correct thread i would be grateful.

DEATH TO SPURS AND A SPECIAL FUCKING DEATH TO THE BROWN NOSING, LICK ASS, KISS ASSING MOTHERFUCKING COMMENTATORS ON TV3.

REVENGE A.S.A.FUCKING.P

I WANT TO HEAR THOSE DICK WADS EAT EVERY FUCKING WORD END OF :rocketwh::deviliri:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Don`t mean to add something really, but why is a fucking Bosnian commentator hyping Tottenham? Pricks.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
I hate robbie mustoe the world would probably be a better place if he couldnt talk

Reaction score
It is incredibly common for commentators to favour home country/team. True and fair commentary is rare in all sports. The news is no different

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
The commentators were fine. Really, what did Milan do to make the commentators sing their praise?

Pato got a lot of praise for the record. If you don't like it watch an Italian stream.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The commentators were fine. Really, what did Milan do to make the commentators sing their praise?

Pato got a lot of praise for the record. If you don't like it watch an Italian stream.

No dude, they were not fine. How do you fail to comprehend when the ocmmentators say "WE"and :"YESSSSSS WE DID IT!" there is no shame. That's fanboy bullshit.

Typically you're smarter than this.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Yeah they really weren't fine.

'If it was Robinho on the ground he'd be there for 10 minutes whining' is an unacceptable comment, and it was by no means the only one of that type. Plus names like 'Crouchy' are so fucking annoying, and the use of first names just for the Spurs players sounds stupid ('It's Gattuso... Flamini... Aaron's got it now!' etc).
They were constantly putting Serie A down and making such ignorant comments ('Robinho's always been quite a lazy player' etc), mispronouncing Milan players names, showing complete lack of knowledge about the league.

It's nothing new from Sky but it's really bad.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
{awaiting xenophobic response from man u fan...}
:D :D..j/p
:D :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I just wanted to highlight this

The English media's xenophobia has been a feature of their commentary and reporting for as long as I can remember, as has the extra hatred they reserve for Italian sides. The only change is that it now comes with the added irony of "their" league's dependence on foreign talent and investment.

The bias has always been there too. And it's getting worse, thanks to Sky commentators' duel role as marketing men for thebestleagueintheworld.

and point out how hilarious there hypocracy is... i think calum mentioned it to

how are you the underdog while constantly saying 'best league in world'

does no one else see the contradiction. Certainly not the droves of epl fans who eat this stuff up as facht

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
boils my blood :mad: i really hope we thrash spurs in the next game and do it in such style they have to eat the biggest humble pie in history. however whenever they lose all they do is create excuses so I'm not holding my breath.

below is my post in the rumor commode II i really needed to vent my anger somewhere not only at the result but at the bias of the commentary its not happy reading.:rolleyes:

i know this is the wrong thread and i apologise for the mannerisms that will follow. it has been a truly horrible day (details of which i will not go into) i have missed most of the game tonight but i saw the last nine minutes and there was NO PUSH BY Ibra on dawson nor was he off side the goal should have stood. what has truly angered me though is the commentators on tv3 if i see either one of them i will personally tie razor sharp fishing wire around the nuts and kick them from the nearest 500 ft drop, get your noses out of the english medias arse you brown nosing COCKSUCKING, ASS KISSERS

this is the reason i can never watch any champions league football on irish or english channels the biased thinking and commentating is so FUCKING irritating and insulting it boils my blood. THEY SHOULD BE TORTURED SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY FOR MONTHS UNTIL DEATH. WE had better thrash this spurs side when we meet again did we play shit or was the ref this shit the whole game ? if someone can direct me to the correct thread i would be grateful.

DEATH TO SPURS AND A SPECIAL FUCKING DEATH TO THE BROWN NOSING, LICK ASS, KISS ASSING MOTHERFUCKING COMMENTATORS ON TV3.

REVENGE A.S.A.FUCKING.P

I WANT TO HEAR THOSE DICK WADS EAT EVERY FUCKING WORD END OF :rocketwh::deviliri:

it used to really REALLY annoy me, and still does, but ive chilled out on it a bit at this stage because im so used to the fukers cream themselves and wank all over th EPL teams, and the constant put downs of Italian teams and Italian players, its pure sickening but after the last number of years of the same shit im well used to it and its water off a ducks back..stil makes me angry doh and means i really really want revenge in the return leg..

listening to eamonn dunphy tonight after the highlights of the roma game go on about the italian teams in decline and then when bill made the point that inter are the current european champions, dunphy piped up saying how inter have no italian players, eh yea good man dumphy and how many fukn english players did arsenal have tonight? and chelsea? yea FUCK ALL.. the hypocrasy is just ridiculous :rolleyes:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was very close to breaking the TV cause of the fking commentators on TSN (canada).

Every single 50/50 decision that went Spurs way, the commentator was saying excellent call, Milan were lucky it didnt go worse.

And worst of all when Spurs scored, the commentator shouted YES!!! he was celebrating the win... at the end they also said "only 4 minutes injury time?? GOOD!"

Frustrated me a great deal.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
yeah I agree, every fucker out there bums the fucking prem league in its tight little ass, I hate the fucking prem league, fucking wankers! just give our league time now that we have the financial backing of sky which took its fucking time, we will once again rise to the top, 1.149bn Euros for 2 years thats how much our TV deal is worth, which makes us the 2nd highest earning league in the world in terms of TV revenue thanks to SKY.
FORZA MILAN and Fuck all you prem league cunt nuggets and suck the red and black almighty cock

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Ray Wilkins should be burned for god sake !!!

Fucking ugly bastard !!!

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
It's not just the English commentators. Everyone is hyping the Premier League and it's teams. The reasons for that isn't stupidity or something, it's availability and marketing.

English is the unofficial language of the world at the moment. With it, the english speaking world's culture is the unofficial culture of the world. In football, it's the same, but with accent on England because the rest of the english speaking world sucks at it. Come to think of it, even England sucks at it, seeing their international record. But their league is strong, due to a mixture of money and it's global reach.

The world of football has readily available anything on any England club in English. We know their rivalries, their songs, their culture, their hooligans, their favorite beer etc. Sure you can find the same about any league. However, it takes a lot more digging, and learning an extra language. So why bother? The multicultural policy of most of the high profile english clubs just helps more people relate to it.

Don't take me wrong. I have nothing against England, or the English, or the culture. I respect many things English. Their writers, their thinkers, their language, their comedy, their "pluck". Many of those are overhyped too. Still there's a lot of it that's good. However, when it comes to football, I prefer the Serie A. It's possible that's because I am a Milan fan and you don't usually rationally choose which club to support. So while it may not have any facts to back it up (sure you can dig up facts, but they never changed anyone's opinion on their own), it's the way things are.

milano

Beginner
Reaction score
i signed up last night and this is my first post. i was too mad, stressed and depressed to even comment last night. i live in england and have supported Milan since 2001. as anyone who lives in england will tell you it is a nightmare hearing other fans talk about Milan. i have backed Milan every single time someone has said anything about them and still do and always will but what worries me though is the declining reputation of a once European heavy weight that fought for top honors every season. i happen to live in Manchester and this is 100x worse than any other city in the country cos the united fans are so arrogant yet they hate me cos i will not stop arguing till it gets physical or they give up and admit Milan are better. i still have hope that Milan will rise one day and conquer Europe and the world again but looking at the match from yesterday we still have a long way to go. I am afraid though that if we do not improve our results and pick up the slack against English teams i might end up losing some arguments because losing to Tottenham is a disgrace.

Reaction score
Truth is, the only people that like Milan are us Milanistas, that together with the fact that the English media will love any excuse to prove that they are the best.

shevakaka

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva Pirlo Abate Pato Robinho Nesta Kaka Shevchenko Maldini Abbiati Di Natale Sahin
If milan win the tie i would be so happy ( in arrogant way) and so boastful that i would be all like ": F yeah, wooah baby, F u tottenham ahahahahaha" i would only react like this because of these commentartors, never been so provoked like this way before

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've watched Milan all my life under the most ignorant, stupid and biased commentary. Brazilians commentarists are, to keep it simple, a disgrace. I think it's about time you all, English and Americans milanistas, have to face it too and pay the price to have an unnusual choice of team.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLq1uOs35UA

Fair and balanced italian commentators lol

That's Tiziano Crudelli, lol. He's a Milan fans, and he really doesn't hide it (In case you hadn't figured).

Anyways, don't really see a problem with Englishmen cheering for an English team. It's different for you American's and Australian's obviously, but it seems to me like it's more down to your tv stations not providing their own commentary...

Bad commentator's come a dime a dozen though. I dread having to put up with ex-Liverpool player (And he really doesn't do much to hide this) Jan Mølby as a commentator for 90 minutes. He usually commentates when an EPL team is playing, and never have I heard a guy so ignorant comment matches. He refers to every non-EPL player by their number, and clearly hasn't even bothered watching any game with the non-EPL team, whoever that might be.

Luckily we have some good guys as well, Morten Bruun, Peter Kjær, and best of all Hellas Verona legend (and one of the best Danish players ever) Preben Elkjær, who I have a sneaking suspision is actually a Milan fan :)

Last edited:

Schedule