Lucas Paquetá Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The hype doesn’t help though. He has demonstrated the ability of an inconsistent midtable Serie a midfielder so far but he’s treated by the fanbase as the next coming of Kaka. Not the right environment to grow in.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The hype doesn’t help though. He has demonstrated the ability of an inconsistent midtable Serie a midfielder so far but he’s treated by the fanbase as the next coming of Kaka. Not the right environment to grow in.

Yes, the expectations are/were ridiculous, but I think reality is slowly hitting the ones who thought the club was shackling a prime Kaka.
The hype was mostly from the Brazil CBF, who treated him like a new Zico or Kaka. They even gave him the nr 10 shirt while he was struggling for Milan, only to realize he's nothing but a bench warmer once the Copa America kicked off.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That dribble Nanook posted is damn brilliant, but at the end what did it accomplish? He passed to a CB at the end, basically useless dribble.
If that was somewhere further up the pitch, then that would be another story

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Good skills but plays to much to his left side and negates advantagous entries because of this problem. I dont know if he will ever be a top player, to many holes in his foundation imo.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
When he injured himself going for a totally unnecessary tackle along the sideline, I realized how immature he is.

However he can become a very good player with proper guidance and time.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes, the expectations are/were ridiculous, but I think reality is slowly hitting the ones who thought the club was shackling a prime Kaka.
The hype was mostly from the Brazil CBF, who treated him like a new Zico or Kaka. They even gave him the nr 10 shirt while he was struggling for Milan, only to realize he's nothing but a bench warmer once the Copa America kicked off.

Your real life identity has been unmasked.

https://www.football-italia.net/146521/rivaldo-paqueta-cant-be-brazil-10

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

“That jersey is known and respected all over the world, so cannot be given to someone who ought to be on the bench or play only half the game. That is disrespectful."

That last part is definitely not something I would say.:lol:
I find it hilarious how people can be offended or feel disrespected over shirt numbers.

However handing him the nr 10 shirt raised expectations for a player who should perhaps not even get called up.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Most of all, Paqueta is not a #10 type of player, especially considering Brazil standards

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fuck off to psg dude..
Fraud
Borini is more brazillian than you

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
We have wingers coming back to defende and two bulls in the middle, he should have more freedom to circulate more closely to Piatek

I should coach Milan. :D

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So he's wanted by PSG? I hope he doesn't leave, I still believe he has great future ahead of him, just need few full games at #10 position and he'll shine.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I would like to keep paqueta to see what he can do with a proper team around him but if we can sell him and get somebody who can make more of an impact on their own i'm ok with it

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
‘Maicon drunk in Inter training’
A former Inter player claims Maicon “was often drunk on Mondays”, forcing then-Coach Jose Mourinho to move training to the evening.

Ianis Zicu played for Inter between 2004 and 2010, although the Romanian attacker never made a first-team appearance for the Nerazzurri.

“At Inter, Mourinho had a player who was often drunk on Mondays, Maicon,” he told Digi Sport.

“Mourinho once called the lads together and asked them, ‘how can we get Maicon in position?’

“After that, he decided to move the session to the evening. And that’s how it went.

“They didn’t train in the morning, but they did in the evening so that Maicon could recover for training.

“These situations can happen in a team, and that team must make a decision.”

I feel this is very relevant to the Paqueta case. Except the Monday part.
Maicon seemed drunk to me even during games in post-treble Inter.
Paqueta looked just as drunk against Cagliari. Not as much tonight.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Although I do think he has been underwhelming, I don't think he's got as many chances as Suso or Piatek who have been just as bad if not worse. That's not even considering Kessie who's been utterly abysmal.

I do feel he has potential and I think he has struggled more than most under GP.

He was decent to good under Rino, then GP came in, pulled a Necro and called him shit in public and humiliated him.

There's a Mourinho approach and then there's that. Give him more of a chance.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure whats going on with paq.

Why dont coaches pick him if he is such a talent and instead go for other of our poor mids.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure whats going on with paq.

Why dont coaches pick him if he is such a talent and instead go for other of our poor mids.

Because there are better options for all the roles in a 4-4-2.

Can't compete with the actual strikers for the front 2 spots.

Doesn't have pace or stamina or the off-ball game for the wide spots.

Would be a huge liability in the middle.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because there are better options for all the roles in a 4-4-2.

Can't compete with the actual strikers for the front 2 spots.

Doesn't have pace or stamina or the off-ball game for the wide spots.

Would be a huge liability in the middle.

We played 4-4-2 two games.

He was supposed to be this huge talent from brasil.

So whats the plan here?

Sell? Kinda feels like a rushed decision.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We played 4-4-2 two games.

He started in all of Pioli's first 6 games in charge back when he was deploying a 4141/3241.

He was wasteful and his flashes of brilliance didn't yield into anything other than some Twitter gifs.
However I do think I saw some slight improvements at the end of that run. He played his one and only full game in what became his last start of the year, which suggested he had finally learned to last a whole game. Then he got benched against Parma, which took me by surprise, however we won that away game and also the following one against Bologna. It seemed to be a correct call because those were our two best performances of the season and gave Pioli two much needed wins. He's been given a few cameos since then, where he basically showed he doesn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he came on against Sampdoria. It also wouldn't surprise me if he got benched against Parma for disciplinary reasons.

Last night was the first time he looked like cared, since he got dropped. Perhaps he has realized that PSG won't make an acceptable offer?
Here's hoping that he adapts, although I think it will be veery hard to make him fit in a 4-4-2. But this is Milan, we'll be back to a 3 man midfield as soon as we hit a setback with the 4-4-2.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He started in all of Pioli's first 6 games in charge back when he was deploying a 4141/3241.

He was wasteful and his flashes of brilliance didn't yield into anything other than some Twitter gifs.

However I do think I saw some slight improvements at the end of that run. He played his one and only full game in what became his last start of the year, which suggested he had finally learned to last a whole game. Then he got benched against Parma, which took me by surprise, however we won that away game and also the following one against Bologna. It seemed to be a correct call because those were our two best performances of the season and gave Pioli two much needed wins. He's been given a few cameos since then, where he basically showed he doesn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he came on against Sampdoria. It also wouldn't surprise me if he got benched against Parma for disciplinary reasons.

Last night was the first time he looked like cared, since he got dropped. Perhaps he has realized that PSG won't make an acceptable offer?

Here's hoping that he adapts, although I think it will be veery hard to make him fit in a 4-4-2. But this is Milan, we'll be back to a 3 man midfield as soon as we hit a setback with the 4-4-2.

Thanks for the ample reply.

I've watched all the games and yeah he was not good.

But still feels like he has something more than the rest of our mids.

Maybe its just wishful thinking.

I hope you are wrong regarding the formation.

Ibra needs a partner with good legs. Leao and rebic should see allot more playing time.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
:d we starting "an alcoholic rumours" now? :D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:d we starting "an alcoholic rumours" now? :D

You tryin to tell me he wasn't drunk against Sampdoria?:conf:

I'll have you know my cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

:lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Paqueta is a weird case.

I don't see what all the hype was about. He doesn't have any really strong skills, he feels like a classic example of a romantic player who doesn't cut it in Europe. He isn't fast, he isn't strong, he doesn't shoot as well as I thought(in any case he doesn't attempt it very often), he can't really beat a man and he doesn't produce assists.

What he often does instead is shielding he ball in a completely ridicilous way.

It's irritating with players that have to be wooed and accomodated in all sorts of ways in order for them to deliver. Paqueta has been given plenty of chances but not really taken any of them. Whenever he plays not bad everyone is singing his praises because people expect him to be this great star.

I hope he stays and proves me wrong but as of yet he seems like flop of the decade.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Italian football is pragmatic and those samba counts for nothing if you cannot get pass players. He is better off in French league or Spanish league where he will have more space to express himself. He is a good midfielder just now suitable in Serie A.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'll have you know my cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Is this true Goodfella?