Week 3: Inter - AC Milan - Sun 13/09/2015 - 20:45 CET

The result of the derby della Madonnina? (anonymous voting, dont worry)

• Home team wins

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Away team wins

Votes: 37 54.4%

• Total voters

AliAslamACM

Beginner
Reaction score
Diego Lopez
Abate - Rodrigo Ely - Romagnoli - De Sciglio
Montolivo - Mauri - Kucka
Honda
Bacca - L.Adriano

Get rid of de Jong, bring back Montolivo and give Mauri a chance.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What I think are both teams' best lineups and system

Inter
4-3-3 / 4-3-2-1
Icardi/Jovetic
Jovetic/Perisic - Perisic/Ljajic
Kondogbia - Melo/Medel - Medel/Guarin
Santon/Telles -Murillo - Miranda - Montoya/D'Ambrosio
Handanovic​

Milan
I really can't stand it, but I think this squad needs a 3CB system, 3-5-2, to survive. That's how Genoa afforded fielding Berto in the midfield, that's where we saw the best of Zapata, that's how you compensate for midfielders who suck defensively, etc.

3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2
Bacca - Adriano
Antonelli/DES - Bertolacci - Monto - Kucka - Abate
Romagnoli - Mexes/Alex - Zapata
Lopez​

What I think Miha will field against Inter
4-3-1-2

Bacca - Adriano
Bonaventura
Kucka - DeJong - Poli
DES - Romagnoli - Zapata - Abate
Lopez​

If Inter lose then Mancini truly is incompetent.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still think the Atletico style 4-4-2 is what we should go for. Assuming that as of now, montolivo isnt fit/ready for anchor,

It adds another central player to shield the defense, takes the CAM and drops them further for added defensive cover, and allows us to play two strikers(our best players) without sacrificing stability at the back. Without the ball, it's a flat 4-4-2 with say berto and bona as wide center mids and a double pivot in the middle, when we attack it becomes a 4-2-2-2 with the fullbacks doing what they already do currently, stretching the field for width(since the "false" outside mids drift inward.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Still think the Atletico style 4-4-2 is what we should go for. Assuming that as of now, montolivo isnt fit/ready for anchor,

It adds another central player to shield the defense, takes the CAM and drops them further for added defensive cover, and allows us to play two strikers(our best players) without sacrificing stability at the back. Without the ball, it's a flat 4-4-2 with say berto and bona as wide center mids and a double pivot in the middle, when we attack it becomes a 4-2-2-2 with the fullbacks doing what they already do currently, stretching the field for width(since the "false" outside mids drift inward.

:thumbsup:

-----------Bacca--L. adriano

Berto----kucka--- dejong------Bona

de sciglio---romag--zapata--abate

-------------Lopez

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We can beat Printer if Miha manages to change the mentality. You could argue it's a good thing the midfield played badly last week but the team still managed to win. This way Miha knows exactly what he has to do now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's actually an interesting option.

Imagine if Berto and Bonaventura basically share the AM position. 2 CM are fixed, and Berto/Bona take it in turns to switch from inside mid to AM, while the other moves back and the 2 CMs shift, always maintaining a flat 3. When we're under pressure, the midfield goes flat 4 and Adriano stays goalside of the opposition DM.

I like.

So 4312 in possession, with the AM alternating with the attacking side midfielder, and a 4411 in deep defense.

The brilliant aspect is that the opponents can't mark our AM out of the game. Your DM sticking close to Bona? Bona drifts back next to De Jong and Berto quickly takes up the space left behind the DM that's following Bona.

Last edited:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
the good news is miha nows in which part of the team we have problems, and he will definitely look to fix the midfield issue under the international break. well at least I hope so..

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's actually an interesting option.

Imagine if Berto and Bonaventura basically share the AM position. 2 CM are fixed, and Berto/Bona take it in turns to switch from inside mid to AM, while the other moves back and the 2 CMs shift, always maintaining a flat 3. When we're under pressure, the midfield goes flat 4 and Adriano stays goalside of the opposition DM.

I like.

So 4312 in possession, with the AM alternating with the attacking side midfielder, and a 4411 in deep defense.

The brilliant aspect is that the opponents can't mark our AM out of the game. Your DM sticking close to Bona? Bona drifts back next to De Jong and Berto quickly takes up the space left behind the DM that's following Bona.

Exactly. The important parts are 1) we aren't relying on a single anchor(we don't have a proper one), 2) not relying on a single CAM, and 3) we can keep four center mids on the field and not sacrifice one of the strikers, our best players

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Theyve been shit as fuck in their 2 games against Atalanta and Carpi :lol: we should definitely not lose

And put all this talk about form, who got the better squad etc etc aside and realise that in the end we are Milan and they are still fucking Inter :lol:
Thats enough to make us win

Sorry to burst your bubble but as 'shit' as Inter are, Inter still won more derbies than Milan :lol:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Sorry to burst your bubble but as 'shit' as Inter are, Inter still won more derbies than Milan :lol:

:lol: But Milan won more trophies than merda :devilfuc: :devilfuc: :devilfuc:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
:thumbsup:

-----------Bacca--L. adriano

Berto----kucka--- dejong------Bona

de sciglio---romag--zapata--abate

-------------Lopez

realistically i think this is our best formation...

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Completely true. Still tho, it shows how unpredictable our derby really is.

The milan derby is always unpredictable regardless the quality of the squad.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

This supposed to change the fact that we are Milan and you're still fucking Inter? :lol:

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
This supposed to change the fact that we are Milan and you're still fucking Inter? :lol:

What does that even mean. Let's be more objective here

We weren't impressive in our openers neither. Can't really make predictions based on either of the teams' form.

But I think Galliani could really make the difference. He should be used as an impact-super-sub in the 70th minute. His pace and skills could really do some damage.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Inter fans always jelly about 7 ucl's...

But i think we will have hard times againts them if we dont have solid mf defensively.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Fak it just park the bus

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What does that even mean. Let's be more objective here

We weren't impressive in our openers neither. Can't really make predictions based on either of the teams' form.

But I think Galliani could really make the difference. He should be used as an impact-super-sub in the 70th minute. His pace and skills could really do some damage.

What it means to be Milan? Only true Milan fans know that

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

What is that supposed to mean? I could start saying stuff like we have the first italian treble or how you guys were in serie b, but where would that bring our debates? That's just silly. So high and mighty because you root for a football club :lol: you're just a fan behind a computer screen, get over yourself.

I never come here to fight, i come here to get info or to give info - so i will end this at this point. You can go and ramble on if you want to, i do not care.

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Inter fans always jelly about 7 ucl's...

But i think we will have hard times againts them if we dont have solid mf defensively.

Oh well, you could say that about anything. There will always be some jealousy in competitive sports between successful teams, whether fans admit it or not. That is probably what starts rivalries anyway.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What is that supposed to mean? I could start saying stuff like we have the first italian treble or how you guys were in serie b, but where would that bring our debates? That's just silly. So high and mighty because you root for a football club :lol: you're just a fan behind a computer screen, get over yourself.

I never come here to fight, i come here to get info or to give info - so i will end this at this point. You can go and ramble on if you want to, i do not care.

:lol:
Gz on your treble.

Wera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think it is so sad and pathetic that you think you are so cool while you should know yourself by now that other people on this forum are constantly making fun out of you. Think about it and come back when you grow up.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nothing more sad and pathetic though than to say you don't care, only to show that you do care. :lol:
i do not care.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I think it is so sad and pathetic that you think you are so cool while you should know yourself by now that other people on this forum are constantly making fun out of you. Think about it and come back when you grow up.

At least he's a Milan fan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
@wera who do you think will win?.. Try to be as objective as possible

Schedule