Milan vs. Reggina

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Guys i'm really woried about this match.I know that Reggina are not strong side but i am woried because we've alredy lost 2 matches.

First i hope that Nesta and Pippo are recoverd and that they will play.That is very important because we all know that 2 of our best players won't be here,Maldini and Pirlo.We really need Maldini's defence and Pirlo domination.But that is the football Maldini gor ban which was pretty unfair.

What do you think?What will happen?Can we pick 3 points from this match?

Do you know if Pippo and Nesta will play?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
3 points are not even a question for this match. The points are a must, as are all points in fixtures involving us and Serie A minnows. In order to not only compete, but to win the scudetto, a side must defeat all of the peasent sides. The upper echelon, or nobility, of the league is always determined by these matches. So in theory, and at the San Siro, there is nothing else to do but win. If they lose to Reggina at the San Siro, well then I must contemplate all the grisly ways I can go about killing myself. :devil2:

Prediction: 3-0

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yep Pippo and Nesta will both play. 'La Republica' newspaper suggests Sheva, Rivaldo, Rui AND pippo up front :eek: :D They also think Brocchi and Costacurta in for the 2 suspensions. We will definately win this one, there is no question! BTW anyone know about the goalkeeper position?

Rex

Reaction score
There are no excuses to lose the three points at home. It's important thing to get our moral back and tifosi's faith as well after losing the matches in two different competitions.

With Sheva's return, the strategy and tactic will be changed by the coach Ancelloti. Which means the tactic using one centravanti (striker centre) to be played by Inzaghi's role attack will be re-managed at this match. Certainly our midfielders has a job to do due to two of target in frontline who both are being served well into finishing touch.

Reginna with their playmaker, Japanese Shunsuke Nakamura can complicate our defense after il-capitano Maldini has suspended for one match, but the abandoned place at Maldini's spot could be playing by Laursen or Costacurta.

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rex said:
Reginna with their playmaker, Japanese Shunsuke Nakamura can complicate our defense after il-capitano Maldini has suspended for one match, but the abandoned place at Maldini's spot could be playing by Laursen or Costacurta.

Reggina has a strong midfield: Nakamura, Paredes, Mozart and Mamede. The defense is leaded by ex-Fiorentina Alessandro Pierini. The rest of the squad wouldn't cause so many problems to Milan defense.

jonddu^

Primavera
Reaction score
Yep this will definitely be a winning match. The goalkeeper question is still open, but i think Abbiati would play.
If they all four (Sheva, Riva, Rui and Pippo) are playing from the first minute, it maybe takes only few minutes to break the deadlock :D
Rui deserves a goal coz he ahs played very well but haven't scored yet.

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Will Rivaldo play? It seems that there is less and less goal for Milan. I think Milan will get the 3 points, but will not score many goals. I still cannot see the good thing to place Pippo and Sheva together. Are there any problems between them? :(

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
shevagirl - Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:57 am Post subject:

Why Brochi???????I don't like him.....he is not good for Pirlo's substitute

He is an excellent replacment for Pirlo. He is a better defender and he is faster. I am a little suprised Ambro isn't playing there, but I am more than confident than Brocchi. He playes like Gattuso. He never stops fighting and that is what we need from the defencisve midfielder this week. Especially if we play Sheva, Rivaldo, Rui, and Pippo all at once; with that many attackers and with Maldini out we need someone at the back of the midfield to play more defensively.

Rex

Reaction score
Cescania said:
Will Rivaldo play? It seems that there is less and less goal for Milan. I think Milan will get the 3 points, but will not score many goals. I still cannot see the good thing to place Pippo and Sheva together. Are there any problems between them? :(

I heard from the official site, Rivaldo will be in starting line-up alongside Shevchenko, Rui Costa and Inzaghi.

As I said before, the midfielders are not anymore to focus in serving the one striker centre who is playing by Inzaghi's in frontline. Sheva also wants to be served well from the second line. The bottom line is both strikers Sheva and Inzaghi should forget their egos into the finishing touch for the sake of team atmosphere.

How wonderful side when they are both becoming 'dangerous pair' for opposing team. :)

kharrazian

Primavera
Reaction score
The arrangment of playres against Reggina is a secret!
Ancelotti has said:"Every one who can guess the line up,i will invite him for dinner!"
But this is clear that Costacurta will play instead of Maldini and in opposite to official site i have heard that Rivaldo will rest.
Anyway, i am ready to bet on following line up!
Dida,Costacurta,Kaladze,Simic,Nesta,Seedorf,Costa,Gattuso,Ambrosini,Shevchenko,Inzaghi.

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The Teletext line up is:

-----------------Dida :mad: -------------
Simic - Nesta - Laurson - Kaladze
--------------Seedorf----------------
-----Gattuso---------Ambrosini-----
-------------Rui Costa---------------
---------Rivaldo----------------------
-----------------------Pippo----------

Sheva rested? And Dida still playing? :mad:

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we will win 3:0 or 3:1. milan will play like this 4-3-1-2.
-----------------------Dida
simic, nesta, Laursen(Costacurta),Kaladze
Gattuso-------Brocchi-------------Rivaldo
-----------------Rui Costa
-----------Sheva--------Pippo

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rossoneri said:
The Teletext line up is:

-----------------Dida :mad: -------------
Simic - Nesta - Laurson - Kaladze
--------------Seedorf----------------
-----Gattuso---------Ambrosini-----
-------------Rui Costa---------------
---------Rivaldo----------------------
-----------------------Pippo----------

Sheva rested? And Dida still playing? :mad:

Why Sheva rested?He is not tired.He should play,why Ancelotti doesn't put Pippo and Sheva together.That is the best choise.........

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Next wednesday we play against Udinese!!!!
MAybe than its time for Sheva to begin from the first minute.
I think thats Carlo's point. But if you ask me, I hope Sheva will play!!!!!!
First Reggina home sunday, wednesday Udinese in San Siro and.......
10/11/2002: juventus-MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALWAYS MILAN!!!! ALWAYS!!!!

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
There is no doubt that Milan is gonna win this game. If you want to be the big dawg in the fight, you gotta eat these little guys for lunch!
who cares if our guys have to serve suspensions or are not 100% fit? The available talent should be more than enough to take care of Reggina without too much difficulty. Man... if they lose or tie my buddy Angelo who is a huge Reggina fan will never let me hear the end of it and I will have to consider relocating from NYC!!!
My prediction we destroy them 4.0 . :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
yup, the press suggested sheva wont play so rivaldo and pippo in the front instead, and brocchi will be pirlo's subtitute for the match since he got banned... that's not clever at all, i will absolutely choose ambro over brocchi or may be even dalla bona over brocchi...

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes!Ambrosini and dalla Bona are better then Brocchi.

I also think that Sheva should start playing together with Pippo,it's not fer.he needs to play

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Think about it: Against Lens if the manager wanted to play sheva so he could rest him for Reggina then he would have played the 90 minutes. He came off the first half, so why would Ancelotti do this? So he wouldnt pick up an injury for Reggina and he had already proven his fitness by scoring. By my logic this means sheva will play with pippo in front of rui. Rivaldo might slot in as well, but we will see.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
According to Gazzetta dello Sport:

'The Brazilian is ready to bring the team back to winning ways after being defeated at Chievo. Shevchenko will make way for him in the starting eleven and then have his spot back on Wednesday against Udinese. In the training session Ancelotti played the pair Inzaghi-Sheva with Rui and Rivaldo behind. Maybe in the future...

Another article carries the following headline:

DIDA BACK BETWEEN POSTS. ABBIATI THINKS ABOUT FUTURE

'The Italian International keeper is aware Dida will have a regular spot this season'.

Il Giornale reports the possible line up Milan are to play against Reggina. Due to Pirlo's ban, Ancelotti will field Brocchi in front of the defence. In the attack he will confirm the pair Inzaghi-Shevchenko with Rui Costa (preferred to Rivaldo) behind.

MILANELLO – About the next two games against Reggina and Udinese Ancelotti explains: 'We must make our points in these two home games to keep up with Inter and maybe profit by a possible slip of them'. Mutti's side won't be a easy opposition: 'Reggina have good midfielders and forwards', the coach points out. 'They will undoubtedly defend to give us few space: we must beware of their counterattack'.

I think that Shevchenko won't play:(Ancelotti is stupid

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes Pippo , but before that Rivaldo have missed penalty:(That is not so important because Pippo made it to be goal.

"Rivaldo kicks the penalty, Castellazzi parries but Inzaghi slots the rebound home. It's his 100th goal in the Serie A!"

Reggina are with 10 players,i think......

Schedule