Reggina vs AC Milan

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
there's a saying that a great team can get the points even if they are not at their best. after juve's win a few hours earlier it was once again crucial to get the 3 points. so credit there and job done (if not well done).

I don't mind if we play boring every game and manage to grind out results when necessary. If anything, i hope the way we played means that we are saving our best for old trafford...

speaking about the red devils...Man U are on a roll. 13 wins in 15 premiership outings. I wont be surprised to see united as favourites at the old trafford tie... Orc rooney himself is on fire at the moment and right now united are not missing RVN all that much...

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
It's good to hear that Milan won 0-1 against Reggina but it was really a boring game! It's suck to watch a squad going to the "war" without a general led them! If Milan play this way, surely Milan can't beat Man Utd!

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Maybe that's the way to play at Old Traford. Have Ambro destroy's ManUre's game and maybe we win by an own-goal by Silvestre!:D :D :D

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
oh my got..............it was great gol;)
but it is awful that we can't score against this teams like reggina and palermo for example

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
It's great that Milan got another vital 3 pts. but hm... I dont really like it that they need a own goal to win the game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Dida
Cant believe i got up at 3:30 on a work day for that :head:

Most encouraging sign from the match: Milan (or was it just Dida?) held a clean sheet for the first time in ages :D

Keep warming the pine Abb

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Couldn't watch the game today. Oh well, doesn't look like I missed much.

Just finished the highlights, and that was pretty bad. Zamboni must feel terrible after that horrific goal. Dida was saving our ass over and over again. :head:

Great game by Reggina, creating more scoring chances than us. They did so with great possibility of counter-attacks, which we screwed up miserably.

Is there a logical explanation why Dhorasoo wasn't playing? :conf:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
A win is a win, no matter how ugly it was. Seriously, Milan played like shit last night. Seedorf made too many bad passes. While he might be effective as a defensive midfield, Ambro can't replace Pirlo. Maybe Rui Costa should be in instead.

When Reggina went all attack late in the game, I knew we would win the game. Their offence sucks big time and Stam, Nesta and Maldini were too good for them. But we should really scored with that 2 counter attacks chances. One was a 4-1 and the other 3-1 situation. Both failed, Kaka messed up the pass and Serginho was too greedy.

As for Kaka, Ancelotti should really find a way to make him stop relying on his speed. The whole Italy knows how to stop him now and if he's shut down, the whole attack gets bogged down. All the teams we played (especially the small ones who's looking for a draw) just put 2-3 players in him whenever he controlls the ball. We rely too much on him. That own goal came from a situation when Kaka managed to break free, passed the ball to Seedorf, whose pass was 'beautifully' deflected to the net, top spin and looping ball.

So Juve got the help again from the ref, huh? Last week Moggi was complaining that the refs were in favor whoever's playing Juve. Maybe this week the refs were simply calming him down...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those crap matches aren't a rare exception but have become Milan's standard this season.

And still Ancelotti clings to his most notorious underperformers like his life depended on them (probably does :o ).. When will he have the balls to bench Kaka' ???

I know our alternatives in midfield are limited but Rui is an alternative, there's no way s.o. could play worse than Cacca in his current form :o

Seedorf, what has he done recently to deserve a starting position ? Oh right, he sucks up to Milan management in the media before + after each match... :o

One day luck alone won't be enough anymore to win them matches.

Vincent Gallo

Beginner
Reaction score
LacunaCoil said:
3 points for milan ! yes !!! :)

3 hard points again Reggina = no scudetto, and and a defeat again Manchester..
The way Milan is playing for 3-4 games is horrible... Ancelotti must ask himself some questions... If he continues to make these unexplainable choices, the team won't win anything... Why Ambrosini and Seedorf on the pitch when you have two players like Rui Costa and Dhorasoo?
Anyway, many players must improve quickly and show that they deserve Milan's jersey..
We need a better Stam, a better Gattuso, a better Seedorf, a better Kakà, a better attack.. Almost every player this year is under his potential. It can't be good.
Hope these tough wins will help Milan to improve, and Ancelotti to change his plans..

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Vincent Gallo said:
Ancelotti must ask himself some questions... If he continues to make these unexplainable choices, the team won't win anything... Why Ambrosini and Seedorf on the pitch when you have two players like Rui Costa and Dhorasoo?
Hope these tough wins will help Milan to improve, and Ancelotti to change his plans..
I am guessing Ancelotti saw something about Reggina that he didn't like, which forced him to exclude Dhorasoo from the match.

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
yeah I didn't see the match but does anyone have highlights and ratings of the players?

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
gaizka22 said:
As for Kaka, Ancelotti should really find a way to make him stop relying on his speed. The whole Italy knows how to stop him now and if he's shut down, the whole attack gets bogged down. All the teams we played (especially the small ones who's looking for a draw) just put 2-3 players in him whenever he controlls the ball. We rely too much on him.
You're right. It's not Kaka's fault obviously. You're right Ancelotti is to be blamed. Ah, and also for the fact he never played Rui Costa from the start of some matches in Serie A this season. I'm not saying every game, but for God's sake, maybe 3 or 4 matches would have made a diference. Now Rui Costa is always out of the game when Ancelotti decides to make one of his "brilliant" substitutions and he puts in Costa in the 80th minute! Rotate!!!! Rotate!!!! or some player will be tired and the others will suck for not having played enough.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Passion for *9* said:
And still Ancelotti clings to his most notorious underperformers like his life depended on them (probably does :o ).. When will he have the balls to bench Kaka' ???

balls to bench Kaka? Its not neccesary.. he is doing his job.. only thing we have to do is to change the system of the play.. even I can read Milan atack and moves.. we are very predictable.. in every part of the pitch.. we should change something..

if I see Juve wining like they are usually doing.. I dont have problems to see Milan wining a not deserved match ..

FORZA MILAN!! :star: FORZA KAKAAA!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
besikaka said:
balls to bench Kaka? Its not neccesary.. he is doing his job.. only thing we have to do is to change the system of the play.. even I can read Milan atack and moves.. we are very predictable.. in every part of the pitch.. we should change something..
NO, Kaka' hasn't been doing a good job this season. Not at all. Yes, he has become predictable, but then it has to be him who has to modify his play + not hope that what used to be successful will be so also in the future. Also, he does a lot of things a lot worse than last season, his passing, his runs, his shots.. so powerless + off the mark.. You can't excuse it all with better defensive strategies of our opponents. Looks more like the guy has started to believe the media hype too soon + at a time when he should have worked on his flexibility on the pitch he decided to be an Armani model. Sometimes you have to get your priorities right. At a certain level of performance + success you also have to take your efforts + workrate to a higher level.. continuously.. just to maintain your performance level...

besikaka said:
if I see Juve wining like they are usually doing.. I dont have problems to see Milan wining a not deserved match ..
That's not the point at all. Sure, 3 points are always welcome, lucky or hard-earned, the point is the complacent attitude of our players + their lack of willingness to really work their butts off. They talk their own crap beautiful in every interview + their action on the pitch hardly ever measures up to their pressroom blabla anymore.

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The ratings

Giornale:
DIDA 6.5, CAFU 5.5, STAM 6.5, NESTA 5.5, MALDINI 6.5, KALADZE 6, GATTUSO 6, AMBROSINI 5.5, SEEDORF 6.5, KAKA’ 5, SHEVCHENKO 5.5, CRESPO 5

Repubblica:
DIDA 6.5, CAFU 5, STAM 6, NESTA 6.5, MALDINI 6, KALADZE 6, GATTUSO 6, AMBROSINI 5.5, SEEDORF 5, KAKA’ 5, SHEVCHENKO 5.5, CRESPO 5

Corriere della Sera:
DIDA 6.5, CAFU 5.5, STAM 6, NESTA 6, MALDINI 6, KALADZE 6.5, GATTUSO 6.5, AMBROSINI 5.5, SEEDORF 6, KAKA’ 5, SHEVCHENKO 5.5, CRESPO 6,

Corriere dello Sport:
DIDA 6.5, CAFU 5, STAM 6, NESTA 6.5, MALDINI 6.5, KALADZE 5.5, GATTUSO 6, AMBROSINI 5, SEEDORF 6, KAKA' 5, SHEVCHENKO 5, CRESPO 6,

Gazzetta dello Sport:
DIDA 6.5, CAFU 5.5, STAM 6, NESTA 6, MALDINI 6, KALADZE 6, GATTUSO 6.5, AMBROSINI 6, KAKA' 5.5, SHEVCHENKO 5.5, SEEDORF 6.5, CRESPO 5.5

----

IMO 6,5 for Seedorf + Gattuso or a 6 for Crespo + Ambro are way way generous + undeserved... The guys clearly haven't seen the match.

natascha

Beginner
Reaction score
not a very good game by milan. i must say that that 1-0 winning is only a "contribution" from Reggina. although i have to admit that milan actually have so many chances but they're taking it too easy.

anyway, i am waiting for a tsunami charity match between la liga allstars against italian league allstars ( ronaldinho vs. shevchenko ). it`s going to be a great game of all time !!!

Last edited:

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
The ratings they got speak for themself,the game was horrible and the perfomance from our midfield the worst I've seen in a long while.This Seedorf-Ambrosini-Gattuso midfield is not up to Milan standards,the only thing these three were able to do is pass the ball between themselves or pass it back to the back line,no creativity,not one good through ball(unless you consider Seedorfs "assist" for Zamboni)that opens the opponents defence and what's even worse no pace what so ever.A technicly weak madfield should try to make up for that with some running and hard work on the pitch.Kaka was just as bad and the front two,well I can't blame them too much they didn't get the service,they did come back deep to get the ball and try to carry it forward but that didn't work either.The back line was good all things considered but Nest was lucky to stay on after that foul on Mesto for which he was booked.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Passion for *9* said:
NO, Kaka' hasn't been doing a good job this season. Not at all. Yes, he has become predictable, but then it has to be him who has to modify his play + not hope that what used to be successful will be so also in the future. Also, he does a lot of things a lot worse than last season, his passing, his runs, his shots.. so powerless + off the mark.. You can't excuse it all with better defensive strategies of our opponents. Looks more like the guy has started to believe the media hype too soon + at a time when he should have worked on his flexibility on the pitch he decided to be an Armani model. Sometimes you have to get your priorities right. At a certain level of performance + success you also have to take your efforts + workrate to a higher level.. continuously.. just to maintain your performance level...

That's not the point at all. Sure, 3 points are always welcome, lucky or hard-earned, the point is the complacent attitude of our players + their lack of willingness to really work their butts off. They talk their own crap beautiful in every interview + their action on the pitch hardly ever measures up to their pressroom blabla anymore.

I agree on the part that u said about media , like I see ( my opinion ) his game alot depends at others .. 1st of all from Seedorf in the left .. when Pirlo & Seedorf had a good game Kaka had it also .. I followed every match this season expect this Reggina one and one or two more .. I belive he will be at his best again , we all know he can do more than he do momentally .. and I dont have doubt on it , and its not just Kaka that gets predicted.. I predict all moves from others also.. if I am cappable for that coaches can milion times predict it better , so I still repeat it .. it depends at our system also , againts Lazio we changed the system it changed the game also .. all say we should change a bit the system, only Ancelotti goes still with him head.. I just hope things will change quickly for Milan and Kaka in particular.. we need Kaka at his best in this part of season.. but when I think more.. to be 2nd in the league with those perfomances .. its still amazing.. I can imagine if we play like last season...

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Milan is lucky this time, get 3 points from a better team. When I was watching, I thought they were 2 teams from the middle table :head: . Milan is not the common Milan. They couldn't play like they did in few weeks ago. On the other hand, Reggina has some good players. I saw some have good techniques and they can play in a good teamwork.

Although without Pirlo playing for Milan, I saw Nakamura played very similar to him for Reggina. His long passes are so fast and accurate. He also has the technique to possess the ball around some Milan players. We should look at this Japanese boy. He *may* become the next Pirlo. :D

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Rui should play more, I just think that Kaka always play in almost Milan match, and that should be changed. Rui should be given more chances and I'm sure that he can do something for Milan! About Seedorf, I agree with u guys, Seedorf doesn't deserve to be in the first team! But, at least, I found that Seedorf has made 2 players scored an own goal (remember Jankulovski's goal, it's coming from Seedorf pass, and now again..) He is still useful although I don't really want watching him!
Ambrosini, he is worse than last season.. I don't know why. Is it because his raring playing in the first team or what? Dhorasso should be given more chances and maybe Milan should sign a new midfield like De Rossi or the others!
Crespo was disappointed last night and I don't think that he deserves 6. Sheva deserves it more.
Hope that Milan can resolve the problem as soon as possible and win against Man Utd!

FORZA MILAN!!

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
I'll give you the real grades::D

Dida 7, Cafu 3, Nesta 6, Maldini 6, Kaladze 3, Gattuso 2.5, Ambrosini 4, Kaka 4, Seedorf 1, Sheva 5, Crespo 4

Explanations: Dida had a few saves, he was good as usual; Cafu wasn't himself and there were a few long passes in his usual area of play and he wasn't there; Nesta and Maldini did their job; Kaladze - oh come on! we really need Jankulovski, Kaldze isn't a good offensive player, my grandma' could deliver better crosses; Gattuso is tireless but he did only once get a ball from the oposition; Ambrosini played his usual game where he destroys any oportunity from the opposition, but he also managed to destroy Milan's game; Kaka is wearing Armani, it's not like he gives a f***, better not get that Armani dirty; Seedorf - PLEASE, PLEASE LEAVE MILAN - ok, so this guy is the only player that didn't do sh** on the pitch, he doesn't really care, I hoped once he was on the bench for some time (in the period when Dhorasoo was playing in the starting 11) he would come back very determined and raring to play good so he didn't have to sit on the bench anymore, but that's false in his case, he is such an arrogant prick he doesn't rally care, I don't know what kind of connections Seedorf has in Milan's management (since he got that friend of his hired, you know the one who hasn't played in 5 years, why is Milan paying that prick???) and have you seen Seedorf always talks at press conferences - Why? He's both ugly and stupid! Who is he to talk at every press conference? If I was Milan's manager I tottaly let him move to another team or I'd f*** him over and over till he goes on drugs like Mutu then I'd fire his ass. As for Sheva and Crespo it's not their fault they didn't receive any good pass but if you don't receive assists for a whole game, you go and get balls from deep.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r3dman said:
I'll give you the real grades::D

Dida 7, Cafu 3, Nesta 6, Maldini 6, Kaladze 3, Gattuso 2.5, Ambrosini 4, Kaka 4, Seedorf 1, Sheva 5, Crespo 4

I disagree :D

Seedorf - 2 (wasn't it his pass that led to the own goal ? Credit when due :tongue: )
Kaka' - 3
Sheva + Crespo - 3 (not sooo much their own fault though)
Gattuso - 2
Ambro - 3

--------

As for the rest... LOL + soooo true.

Last edited:

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Milan is gonna win, I'm sure!! 2-0, crespo and sheva :)

Schedule