Inter- Milan Champions League 1/4 final

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
The team I would hate to face right now is Inter. Not as a result of any recent results of their's or the strength of their squad (on paper) but as the derby games are always unpredictable.

Player for Player I think Milan measure up to anything Inter can throw at us. The first derby can attest to that as well as the second one. One more thing Milan players have on Inter players is somewhat less pressure as the fact that they have been together for so long and doing well as a unit. The Milan players know each other better than Inter's. Milan are sure of their best combination contrary to that of Inter's. The main edge Milan have over Inter is the psychological aspect that they have beaten Inter consistently over the seasons + have confidence in themselves which IMO is something Inter would lack in such an encounter.

Hopefully Milan do progress in to the semis then it would look like (most probably) Lyon in the semis. I am pleased that the Milan X Chelsea final is still on.

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
milan_my_love said:
The team I would hate to face right now is Inter. Not as a result of any recent results of their's or the strength of their squad (on paper) but as the derby games are always unpredictable.

Player for Player I think Milan measure up to anything Inter can throw at us. The first derby can attest to that as well as the second one. One more thing Milan players have on Inter players is somewhat less pressure as the fact that they have been together for so long and doing well as a unit. The Milan players know each other better than Inter's. Milan are sure of their best combination contrary to that of Inter's. The main edge Milan have over Inter is the psychological aspect that they have beaten Inter consistently over the seasons + have confidence in themselves which IMO is something Inter would lack in such an encounter.

umm, errr, so which is it? Have Milan beaten Inter consistently in recent years? or are derbies especially unpredictable?

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
Mother Fu**ing UEFA they rigged it the Bast**ds this is not good as Inter will push us all the way in both games.I feel nervous already lol just like 2 years ago.I think we can win both matches 1-0 as Inters def is not the best and they do give u chances but we Milan!! should get through this hard tie and march on into the Semi Finals to face PSV or Lyon most likely Lyon though.

The Line Up im hoping for CL vs Inter:
DiDa
Cafu Nesta Stam Maldini

Gattuso Pirlo Seddorf

KaKa

Crespo Shevchenko

:D

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
Hmmmmm...Inter played differently in Europe. They've perform quite good actually. But then if we play like we did against Man-U..with Sheva n Pippo at the attack by then...our chances of beating the perdenti is high actually.

Inter would want a revenge of last two season when we kick them out in the semis n went ahead to win the CL Cup. Meeting Inter might be a sign......That we'll be King of Europe come in May. :D

But still.. a derby is a derby!!! It' going to be damn intense!!!!I hope my heart can take it!

FORZA MAGICO MILANO!!

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
milan4.jpg

any of u guys remember this picture??
yup it was when we knocked out inter in the 2003 CL semi... kinda funny seeing crespo huh? well i sure hope he can deliver this time for milan

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
I'm not really happy with the draw, but good news Sheva will be at full strength for this game!

Forza Milan
:star:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
acm7 said:
umm, errr, so which is it? Have Milan beaten Inter consistently in recent years? or are derbies especially unpredictable?
ACM7...i know it sounds contradicting to you. But then it's always likely to be when you mix things up from two different paragraphs. :rolleyes:

The first three lines were about my *personal* theory on the draw, personal choice for the opponent and personal opinion why i did not like the derby draw.

While in the second paragraph i defined the positive aspects of this draw [our successful streak over them + different aspects of our strength]

In short, i meant i *personaly* don't like the derby draws because they're always of an unpredictable nature. [derbies are unpredictable on general note in the Europe's biggest stage. Even the fact that Milan have dominated the derbies over the seasons] Imagine that! ;)

But the bottom line is i'm positive and optimistic about our chances considering the fact that we've done well against them in recent history and we have a psycological edge over Inter.

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
I'm so happy to meet inter again so we will show them who is real Ac milan I think is difficult game but I'm postive we will win as I told you before draw I have strong feeling that we play inter. I also want to meet inter in smi finel just like 2002-2003
champion league but I do trust Milan that they can win. inter is just a loser in any champoin league . we have better defence better midfild and better attack as now Inzaghi -Sheva are back I can't wait to see this game espacialy in 2 leq

Last edited:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
milan_my_love said:
ACM7...i know it sounds contradicting to you. But then it's always likely to be when you mix things up from two different paragraphs. :rolleyes:

The first three lines were about my *personal* theory on the draw, personal choice for the opponent and personal opinion why i did not like the derby draw.

While in the second paragraph i defined the positive aspects of this draw [our successful streak over them + different aspects of our strength]

In short, i meant i *personaly* don't like the derby draws because they're always of an unpredictable nature. [derbies are unpredictable on general note in the Europe's biggest stage. Even the fact that Milan have dominated the derbies over the seasons] Imagine that! ;)

But the bottom line is i'm positive and optimistic about our chances considering the fact that we've done well against them in recent history and we have a psycological edge over Inter.
Spot on, Omer :)

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Another derby.. Honestly I don't sure that Milan can beat Inter at the moment but we'll see in the match.. I think the winner can go through to the final and I hope we can face Chelsea and beat them!

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
Milansom said:
I'm not really happy with the draw, but good news Sheva will be at full strength for this game!

Forza Milan
:star:
I agree with you........inter are the hardest possible opponent;(((((((
i prefered chelsea,or liverpool

Reaction score
it is a good aspect that match is two legs. I belive milan is better than inter deals with this clash.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I think one of the most gratifying experiences I have ever had as a milan fan was dumping Inter out of the CL in the semifinal without actually beating them. That was great and made it that much harder to swallow for Nerazzurri. :D

I believe the first leg is a Milan home match. The same precarious situation looms for Inter. :tongue:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
mtfco said:
milan4.jpg

any of u guys remember this picture??
yup it was when we knocked out inter in the 2003 CL semi... kinda funny seeing crespo huh? well i sure hope he can deliver this time for milan
What I remember of the 4 matches that Crespo played for Inter vs. Milan is that Costacurta and Maldini shut him completely down in the Serie A and Europe. Let's hope Zanetti and company can't do the same now.

Rygaar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
To those who lament the Milan vs Inter draw, look at the bright side: The team will save a few hundred euros per player in travel fees :)
A more valid silver lining is that with Inter as our opponents, there is no way Milan will grow complacent no matter what the match situation is.

Seriously, there is no easy opponent left in this competition. Juve has a very very tricky draw and will play the winners of Chelsea - Bayern; I don't think they have it any easier than we do.

As MilanMyLove pointed out, we hold a distinct psychological advantage over Inter due to our high success rate against them in all competition. Just imagining how badly Inter fans must want to beat Milan makes me smile. We really have nothing to prove.

That said, hell of a hard tie! Win at home, draw on the road.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I hate this draw, merely because both teams know each other sooo well and we would have hard time in the game. But look at it this way, there's no better team in the world to stop their unbeatable league record, to kill their scudetto and CL hopes than us, AC Milan! Think about the drubbing Inter fans will have to endure from Milan fans.

Inter players and management are more terrified and scared about this drawing than us. We will win this series! I know it.

On the other hand, you have to feel lucky for both Lyon and PSV. They managed to avoid the tough teams from last round.

Rino_Gattuso

Primavera
Reaction score
Alotta a AC Milan fans are worried like hell.Im not worried use know why?Its because i trust this Milan team in my eyes they are the best team in the world and no team can attack and defend at the same time like us we are world class all over the field. For the people who r worried about this Champions League game.Listen to this!!Do use think players of AC Milan such as Sheva,Crespo,Maldini,Nesta,Gattuso,Seedorf,Pirlo,Cafu,Kaka and DiDa are gonna want to lose to gay Inter I think not!!.They ve got to much pride in them selves as they all wear the Milan shirt as it is stitched on to there skin and they will honour the Red n Black shirt and smash Inter and we will march into the Semi Finals on i think a 2-0 aggregate scoreline.The thing is use all have to remember that when we ended there unbeaten streak this season they played better than us but we still won!! and our defence was unbeatable that match as it will be in the Qaurter Final CL match with Inter. WE WILL PREVAIL!! FORZA MILAN!! :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Inter players and management are more terrified and scared about this drawing than us.
Hm... at least in the media they give the opposite impression + seem a lot more optimistic than we are ;)

I also don't think the psychological advantage is ours, we have to prove + repeat our history of success, which IMO is harder than being the 'underdog' out for revenge.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
I hope Sheva+Kaka will play! That would be good. I'm not afraid of Inter. Is Lyon in the semis that I'm afraid of. They play so well. What do you guys think: is Inter or Lyon more dangerous?

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I saw the thrashing that Lyon administered on that 7-2 game. They have a lot of players that are good driblers and fancy playmakers. Especially on the wings.

But i don't fear them as much as Inter. The team they beat on that 7-2 game was not defending at all, they were looking to score all the time and Lyon always broke through with a couple of nifty passes.

They will not be able to do the same to our Milan defense so I'm not too worried. Both Maldini and Nesta have enough experience that they can see these triangle passes one step before they actually happen.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marco Azzuri said:
They will not be able to do the same to our Milan defense so I'm not too worried. Both Maldini and Nesta have enough experience that they can see these triangle passes one step before they actually happen.
I do think they have the capacity to overrun us like Depor did + make our experienced defense look what they are apart from experienced: old. Inter are a lot more predictable + easier to handle play-wise IMO.

InDiGo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan Squad + Henry, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Adriano
I think Inter is going to go full-blast considering that they are out of the race for the league title. They are going to give everything + adriano's current form can make them a very dangerous opponent.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Source: Goal.com

Inter team doctor Franco Combi preferred not give an assessment over the injury that occurred to Adriano against Fiorentina this afternoon.
“I don’t have the means right now to evaluate the injury. We need to do some exams on his knee. His injury does involve his ligaments, but I can’t say anything on the entity,” said Combi.

Adriano was stretchered off late in the first half against Fiorentina, probably due to a strain in the ligaments of his right knee.

It is now uncertain whether the Brazlian super-striker will be able to play the Champions League derbies against city rivals AC Milan.

InDiGo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan Squad + Henry, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Adriano
oh...adriano suffered knee injury against fiorentina.....yayyy..hope to miss derby...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
With no means to sound like a horrible person, but I do hope he will miss the games against us(and after that I wish him a good recovery), although I prefer to face a full squad with all it's best.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Adriano may miss Milan meeting

FC Internazionale Milano striker Adriano is almost certainly out of the quater-final first leg against AC Milan and could also miss the return.

Source: www.uefa.com

:)