Figo? Hope not!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
milanmania.com:
The Rossoneri have been linked with a swoop for the Manchester United star after Galliani told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ that they already had an option on a big star.

“We won’t need any major changes to the squad this summer, because we intend to confirm the team at our disposal.”

However, he did add that any new arrivals would be well-known stars.

“It is Milan’s policy to buy players who are already confirmed on the world stage in order to win immediately. Younger talents will be loaned out to mature elsewhere.”

There have been reports that the big summer buy will be Luis Figo of Real Madrid.

Nooo not Figo! He's crap!
Anyways I don't believe it. How 'bout y'all?

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I honestly don't know. The previous Figo to Milan rumours were part of a Sheva to Real swap. Since Andrij's staying put...

Who is Milan supposed to give in return? I don't think Real would accept cash only.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think, we have a great midfielders, we should buy another deffender (since Maldini and Billy not young anymore :o ), so Figo will not find his post here..... so, forget Figo and let's hope that it's another crap news

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I personally hope it's Chivu.
Another good reinforcement next season is Albertini. He's had a great season in La Primera. I still don't understand why we lent him out..

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
No Figo.. He is old, he has lost his touch, and he doesnt score any more.. NO FIGO!

no kewell either, no beckham, no giggs, no ronaldo, no zidane etc.. i hope we get a solid defender for the right hand side, oh btw, no Puyol either (ive given up on the "Bring Puyol to the San Siro appeal" - lack of donations :mad: ) :D :D :D

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
#6 said:
I personally hope it's Chivu.
Another good reinforcement next season is Albertini. He's had a great season in La Primera. I still don't understand why we lent him out..

Chivu is good... in fact chivu is great... young also.... bring chivu to milanello... he's cheaper than old dusty figo

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ya, all we really need is a solid right-back since Contra's gone ( :cry: :head: ) and Simic hasn't done shit-all :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hatem Trabelsi from Ajax is the right back we need. And if we can get Chivu for the next season it will be really great!!! I think Ajax has many talented young players!!! We have to keep an eye on them

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
Is it just me or that Galliani pic is, erm... too big...
Hell yeah! I thought it was actually someone in here :D
I think Figo is pretty good but we have a better Portugese player already if u know what i mean? But yeah he's too expensive, too dirty (playing style) and we should go for some fresh meat :tongue:

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hm i don't know about Figo but IMO i think that we don't need him here.We have good midfielders and we can play with them.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
figo is way way way past his sell-by date!!!! getting rivaldo was already a mistake, so let's not throw good money after bad!!!

:head:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Damn it. People, it wasn't this article that dawned on me, but it makes sense. Figo was supposed to come to Italy way back when, and I forgot exactly what happened, but he couldn't due to some sort of legal proceedings, so he want to Barcelona, and when he was sold to Real, he said he had one more big time move left in him. This spells "danger." He will probably be coming to Milan, and good heavens man, that is not what I want. Galliani knows that with the prime minister's and the board of trustee's funds, he doesn't have to buy young.......he can fully purchase an aging superstar (who really is anything but super any longer) and this is terrible. I would much rather see this Morroccan from Ajax or this Norwegian many of you speak of from Rosenborg (or haus) :tongue:

I mean....even Wayne Rooney or Brasilian Diego.....a player maybe that we have no use for now, but will in a few years.

Anyway, I am sure Galliani will piss me off with some non-shrewd move.

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hey Passion for*9*, even I'm Argentinian (and I'm ANTI-BRASIL) I think the buy of Rivaldo was NOT a mistake.....maybe because I'm also Milanista and I like to have good players in my team....

And Figo is not a player for us....we have enough good midfielders!
He is a loser...to go from Barca to Madrid was a stupid idea...LOSER HE IS!

FORZA ROSSONERI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Figo is last thing that Milan needs!He is too old...I really mean that !
Milan needs some new talented star,and Figo is not that!
PS.I also think that Rivaldo was a mistake...a big one! :mad:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
crazy4sheva said:
PS.I also think that Rivaldo was a mistake...a big one! :mad:

Where I do not care for Rivaldo either, you have to remember......Rivaldo arrived on a Bosman, which mean his contract was bought for exactly €0. The contract he signed which is worth......I don't remember, anywhere from €3-€4 million a year, is not that bad for someone who possesses his resumè.......former ballon d'or winner and world cup winner......

Now, had we paid for his services, which would be the case should we bring in Figo.....then yes, I would be....hmmm....whats a good english word to describe what I look for....hmmmm......"choleric" :mad: :D

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Wow so anti-Figo :eek:
Well if we got him in a Rivaldo kinda-deal (Bosman) then I'd take him in a minute, but I think our money could be much better spent, i.e. defenders or goalie.

Rivaldo's been a dissapointment so far this year. So I'm really glad we didn't pay for him (except the salary). He's had a couple of bright moments, but for the most part not that great.

Reaction score
the thing you have to remember with Rivaldo is that he 'picks' his games to play. Hes just not consistent enough. Take last season as a prime example, he was awful for Barca with his mysterious 'injuries'. The World Cup comes along and hey he's World Class again and wants to play :(

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
Damn it. People, it wasn't this article that dawned on me, but it makes sense. Figo was supposed to come to Italy way back when, and I forgot exactly what happened, but he couldn't due to some sort of legal proceedings, so he want to Barcelona, and when he was sold to Real, he said he had one more big time move left in him. This spells "danger." He will probably be coming to Milan, and good heavens man, that is not what I want. Galliani knows that with the prime minister's and the board of trustee's funds, he doesn't have to buy young.......he can fully purchase an aging superstar (who really is anything but super any longer) and this is terrible. I would much rather see this Morroccan from Ajax or this Norwegian many of you speak of from Rosenborg (or haus) :tongue:

I mean....even Wayne Rooney or Brasilian Diego.....a player maybe that we have no use for now, but will in a few years.

Anyway, I am sure Galliani will piss me off with some non-shrewd move.

Donnie, this is exactly what I'm thinking too! Don't we have enough aging superstars and has beens? Figo hasn't done anything for the past 2 years and I have this strange feeling he's gonna end up in Milan this summer. And speaking of aging portugese stars, IMO we should sell Rui Costa as well and give the job to Pirlo.

We should go for the young players and your recommendations about karadas, Diego et al are right on the money. I wish Galliani would try the Ajax Amsterdam/Arsenal method of recruiting and get some young talent and develop them instead of buying old fools looking for a big paycheck. Please Galliani, no more players on the downside of their careers. This way we'll never win anything!!! :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ads216 said:
I have this strange feeling he's gonna end up in Milan this summer.
Didn't I read a couple of days ago that he was ending his career with Madrid??

Reaction score
I'm a milanista.And i always hope the best wishes for our club.I think everybody like me.And i think if figo go to here it's the good think for our.i know alot of person don't like hime but he still is good midfield.I know now he is 30years.But i believe that he can run and play good about 3-4 years or more.You can see Costacuta and Maldini play good when they 35-37olds.In this season you can see that when we attack we have some problem at right.Gattuso is a strong man but not good if he is a right winger.And simic is a good defender but not a right wing back.When Milan attack we always attack at left with Kalaze-Seedop-Rivaldo.When we attack at right it not good and i think you know the reason.And we always play through ball.we don't play long ball.And i think figo is one of the best of this style and we can see when he play in Real.Figo is a strong man-good teachnique-ha can run all day.He is the Real's lung.And i don't know why you don't like him.And now we have some good thing if we buy him.The first,Real need a defender and we can sell them Roque or Laursen.And i hear that Real will sell him with low price about 8-10 milion.And we can sell Rui Costa- Chamot-Tomason-Brocchi-and use this money for his salary.Believe me-Figo good for Milan and the important thing is he have all with Real and now i think he need a change.And i think Milan is a good change for him.And if he leave Real,Real will not good and we will be better.And MU want him.if he go to MU he will a dangerous man with Milan if we want win CL.I think he and Cosmin Contra,they will a good patner for each other if he go to here and Contra come back in the summer.And we have a balance when we attack and i think we will have everything with him-Rivaldo-Sheva-Nesta-Gattuso.It's will a dream team.and i think that Real will not be a important thing with Milan.We will beat them easy.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
Didn't I read a couple of days ago that he was ending his career with Madrid??

Yeah so did I. But when Galliani says that he's gonna sign a very big name in the summer, it scares me that he'll sign Figo. Of course there's nothing to base this assumption on except that I am scared that we'll sign him and screw things up.

Come to think of it, is there any really big name out there we'd really need at this point? To me the only big name over 28 years of age that I would consider is Zidane but he's not going to come back to Italy. IMO we should go for some young talent instead.

kharrazian

Primavera
Reaction score
Be sure if Realmadrid sells Figo ,they will buy Juaqin from Betis to replace Figo.Then Milan should be smart and buys Juaqin instead of Figo.
I feel Milan is getting old little by little.Rivaldo is 31 years old.Redondo is 33,Maldini 35,costacurta 37!,Rui Costa 30, And Figo is 30 years old too.If he joins Milan,our team will get older.Milan should avoid buying over 30 year old players.

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
i think we can see what for a useless plan it is when milan get all the old players who dont do anything for us. so maybe we do like a new strategie for the future and try for Karadas, van der vaal, diego, kaka and other young players like what arsenal did when they buy such good young players and they become champions in few years.

with old players we never win anyway so why not try for the young players plan? :devil2: at least i will wait for like 2 years if we get good young team and then we can win for long time and not like the team is doing now.