The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Watching India-Australia, it's clear as day Sachin is still the best batsman in India.

Though Pujara's pretty good, he looks like a proper test batsman, very skillful, unlike clowns like Kohli.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
are we winning? last time i was watching a game at the gym with some indians, the umpire looked more bias than ovrebo

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Pretty even so far, I think. It's a test match so anything can happen. :tongue:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Surely the worst Aussie side since I started watching/following cricket since mid 90s. Likes of Maxwell ahead of Bailey :lol: would be miracle if they can avoid whitewash v worst Indian side of last 12 odd years. :fp:

Quality of cricket has gone down in this series. *sigh*

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Surely the worst Aussie side since I started watching/following cricket since mid 90s. Likes of Maxwell ahead of Bailey :lol: would be miracle if they can avoid whitewash v worst Indian side of last 12 odd years. :fp:

Yup. Australian cricket is going down.

Watched SA - Pak T20 match last night. Damn, Pakistan have a pretty damn good side, both batting and bowling. Even their fielding is decent.

Now for them to somehow fuck it up and get caught cheating again. :fp:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

Id say that both India and Convicts are both in rebuild mode. No disgrace in losin to England in India while 1-0 up while have pitches set up in your favour :lol:

The Convict spinners arent even good enough to fix Montys turban. Englands 4th spinner would be the Convicts #1 and i dont even know who our 4th spinner is.

Clarke is the only batsman who would get into the England top 6 line up and their pace bowling attack is too inexperienced and weak, they always pickin up injuries and doesnt have a leader in it either.

The problem is too much t20 cricket is being played by everyone else except England and the calendar is packed so the new crop of players have to learn their trade on the international arena instead of playin in 1st class games for a while and learnin their skills there.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Watched SA - Pak T20 match last night. Damn, Pakistan have a pretty damn good side, both batting and bowling. Even their fielding is decent.

Pakistan so talented but yet so flawed. The poster children for inconsistency.

Their batting is kind of shit, but goddamn the production line of bowlin talent they have, crazy.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
The problem is too much t20 cricket is being played by everyone else except England and the calendar is packed so the new crop of players have to learn their trade on the international arena instead of playin in 1st class games for a while and learnin their skills there.
Too true.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ugh, India winning eh. We had almost reached the tipping point from where cricket popularity would have plummeted.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Pakistan so talented but yet so flawed. The poster children for inconsistency.

Their batting is kind of shit, but goddamn the production line of bowlin talent they have, crazy.
Hmmm yea, they're not the top batting side for sure, but the likes of Jamshed, Shehzad, Umar Akmal are talented youngsters at limited over matches. And Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, even Younus Khan are experienced and proven.

But yea, they have incredible bowling options. Ajmal, Hafeez, Afridi, Gul and those two tall fast bowlers... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

~

On a completely unrelated note, since it's the Cricket thread, I'm going to attend the second-longest uninterrupted cricket match series in the world (older than the Ashes) next Sunday. :proud:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of cheating :b:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

:lol:

Proteas whitewashed them in 10 days with 3-0 score :star:

Id say that both India and Convicts are both in rebuild mode. No disgrace in losin to England in India while 1-0 up while have pitches set up in your favour :lol:

The Convict spinners arent even good enough to fix Montys turban. Englands 4th spinner would be the Convicts #1 and i dont even know who our 4th spinner is.

Clarke is the only batsman who would get into the England top 6 line up and their pace bowling attack is too inexperienced and weak, they always pickin up injuries and doesnt have a leader in it either.

:lol:

And I feel Clarke is their best spinner in ongoing series :D

Ugh, India winning eh. We had almost reached the tipping point from where cricket popularity would have plummeted.

there's always IPL to make everything "hunky dory" again :(

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Inoright?

All the sachin tamasha was coming to a close and were losing to everyone... Sigh.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
India - Aussie
SL - Bangladesh
SA - Paki

All at the same time. :eek:

Amla and AB are killing it against Pakistan. Two centuries.

EDIT: And that all pink kit. : proud:

Dinesh Chandimal and Sanga centuries. :thumbsup:

India, I couldn't be less bothered about, but looks like they're gonna win this. :fp:

Last edited:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
awesome , stuff. Aussies Brownwashed :proud: now onto fucking shitty ipl :( i will miss test cricket ...

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
10-0 10-0 10-0

Actually it may be 9-1 they will win in Perth.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I really enjoyed that series against Pakistan, we were way too strong for them in the tests but then again we have been way too strong for everyone in the tests. The one days were very even and produced some awesome games. AB is in such form atm, hopefully he will carry it over to the champions trophy.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really enjoyed that series against Pakistan, we were way too strong for them in the tests but then again we have been way too strong for everyone in the tests. The one days were very even and produced some awesome games. AB is in such form atm, hopefully he will carry it over to the champions trophy.

You lot aint winning the Champions Trophy you'll find a way to bollocks it up like you always do in ICC tournaments.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

images

[jinxed]Now that I've posted this, am expecting our 3rd consecutive away whitewash.[/jinxed] :fp:

Edit: But u lot will choke :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You lot aint winning the Champions Trophy you'll find a way to bollocks it up like you always do in ICC tournaments.

I dont expect us to win it , our one day squad isnt nearly as strong.

images

[jinxed]Now that I've posted this, am expecting our 3rd consecutive away whitewash.[/jinxed] :fp:

Edit: But u lot will choke :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Choke in the tests? I dont see why we will, we are comfortably number 1. Beat England away 2-0, Australia away 1-0, whitewashed New Zealand and Pakistan often with an innings to spare. I honestly cant see a side that can rival us on home ground. I think playing in India would be the toughest test at the moment but i still rate our chances highly. The one days are entirely different , we aren't good enough and its got nothing to do with choking.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont expect us to win it , our one day squad isnt nearly as strong.

Choke in the tests? I dont see why we will, we are comfortably number 1. Beat England away 2-0, Australia away 1-0, whitewashed New Zealand and Pakistan often with an innings to spare. I honestly cant see a side that can rival us on home ground. I think playing in India would be the toughest test at the moment but i still rate our chances highly. The one days are entirely different , we aren't good enough and its got nothing to do with choking.

YES, IT IS! :D

Can't wait for our media along with fans go into depression again while touring RSA in 8 months... though I feel it wont be as bad as in England/Aus. I've hope.. :cool:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and yes, u guys have choked in tests too.. v Warney and rest of Aussies few years ago in.. was it Durban/Cape Town?

Anyway.. Proteas are Chokers. :tongue:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
YES, IT IS! :D

Can't wait for our media along with fans go into depression again while touring RSA in 8 months... though I feel it wont be as bad as in England/Aus. I've hope.. :cool:

We have had this history of choking which i cant deny but all those times we were going into tournaments as favourites and losing to teams we should beat. We dont have the squad we used to have now and we are losing to teams we should probably lose to. Kirstens strange odi experiment teams havent helped us but he seems to be settling down with that now.

and yes, u guys have choked in tests too.. v Warney and rest of Aussies few years ago in.. was it Durban/Cape Town?

Anyway.. Proteas are Chokers. :tongue:

This is the match you are thinking of http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/514030.html

We drew that series 1-1 and were never on top in that game plus i dont remember us being favourites so again nothing to do with choking, it was still a team in the building process. Also if you look at that team and compare it to our team now it is much stronger. Peterson in for Tahir who was useless, Peterson can bat and bowl Tahir could not bat and hardly bowl. No more boucher frees up a spot for Faf who has been really epic. Alviro Peterson also > than Rudolph.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
india dont have the pace attack to do well in south africa, fucking ishant sharma is useless. Bhunvneshwar has his days but he relies too much on conditions. Umesh yadav is ok i guess. Too bad we cant leverage on our spin bowling. Series will be decided by how well we bat. Hopefully we return without any sub 50 scores :D :D

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
C'mon Bell you useless cunt time to prove me wrong, same with you ginger. England batting is quite shit outside of KP, Trott, Cook and Prior. Now you can say well that's 4 out of your top 7. KP is KP, Cook and Trott grind you down and Prior is really the only other attacking batsman outside of KP. I've never really rated Bell he's Hick and Ramprakash to me talented, but cannot be counted on when the going gets tough at the highest level.

Defeat to the Kiwis will actually do England good, like when they lost to the Windies a few years back as strange as it sounds.

Should still beat the Aussies tho this year. Quite Lulz that their tail is stronger in India than their top order is.

Last edited:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
these guys need to do a Faf, i think joe root is pretty good. should be able to hang in there.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
these guys need to do a Faf, i think joe root is pretty good. should be able to hang in there.

Whats that?

I can predict whats most likely to happen. Bells goin play nice then get out to a stupid shot probably tryin to hit Martin (or what ever the spinner is called) over the top. Bairstow will get out for a score under 10-20.

Root will bat for a while probably score somethinf like 30 off 120 balls.

Prior will score at a rapid rate, then get out when whoever hes batting with has gotten stuck. Then the tail :lol:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matt Fuckin Prior

75432_2333540_o.gif

Schedule