Week 27: Chievo - Milan 09/03/2018 20:30

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
"I'm always at the coach and my teammates disposal to always do better. My celebration? I dedicate it to my family. My kid always does it at home and told me to do it on the field. I told him that dad doesn't always score, but I will do it if I score"

That's adorable.

Love it!

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
This was a shit show, we managed another win and i'm really happy for it..but its worrying ahead of the derby that we still didn't improve our play.

you should know by now form doesn't always matter in derbies. derby is always a seperate game. anything can happen

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
When Hakan is on...

1. He is connecting the attack much better.
2. He provide long pass which open up space and create danger. You can see his long ball switch side several times also pass to space is very good. The free kick to Romagnoli is also amazing.
3. He work hard. Technical wise his is not the best for sure but his work rate is very good.

Compare to Suso Hakan is much better. Even when he is out of form he still run hell a lot. I only see Suso wanting to act as god he always want his solo play. Why people in the forum being much more tolerance to Suso and always shit on Hakan is something I don't understand.
agreed:thumbsup:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Great to have Biglia back. Wonderful to be in 3rd.

We're all set for the derby!

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
"I'm always at the coach and my teammates disposal to always do better. My celebration? I dedicate it to my family. My kid always does it at home and told me to do it on the field. I told him that dad doesn't always score, but I will do it if I score"

That's adorable.

Biglia the family man

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Chievo director saying Biglia goal should’ve been disallowed because wall was too far back. What.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Chievo director Giancarlo Romairone claims both Milan goals should’ve been disallowed. “We’d like to lose because we’re bad, not for collateral damage.”

“The wall was 13 metres away from the free kick rather than nine, while on the second goal there was both an offside and a foul."
Chievo were furious that the referee didn't even go to view the VAR footage himself on the second goal, where Piatek was accused of a foul - or at the very least dangerous play - in the build-up.
“I just ask that you let us lose our games naturally. We are tired of being guinea pigs for VAR. Every day we need to start from scratch, just let us lose on the field, if we must do.
“We’d like to lose because we’re bad, not for collateral damage.”

So Salty :lol:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chievo director Giancarlo Romairone claims both Milan goals should’ve been disallowed. “We’d like to lose because we’re bad, not for collateral damage.”

“The wall was 13 metres away from the free kick rather than nine, while on the second goal there was both an offside and a foul."
Chievo were furious that the referee didn't even go to view the VAR footage himself on the second goal, where Piatek was accused of a foul - or at the very least dangerous play - in the build-up.
“I just ask that you let us lose our games naturally. We are tired of being guinea pigs for VAR. Every day we need to start from scratch, just let us lose on the field, if we must do.
“We’d like to lose because we’re bad, not for collateral damage.”

So Salty :lol:

Who was offside in Piatek's goal? I could see his point for a foul, even though I don't there was enough contact to warrant a foul, but I thought there wasn't any offside on anyone.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
He must have snuck onto the pitch with his meterstick when no one was looking

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Who was offside in Piatek's goal? I could see his point for a foul, even though I don't there was enough contact to warrant a foul, but I thought there wasn't any offside on anyone.

im not sure if on first piatek shot he wasnt on offside tbh
but there was no piatek foul.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This was what I was expecting of Biglia when he was purchased. Not a perfect match, but he was pretty awesome defensively, with great outlet balls, and that free kick was 10/10.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
We’ve done our job, five straight wins... the theoretically easy games

Now we can afford a fuckup or two in next 4 games, but a derby win i think would mean CL.

Great win today, very important... forza Milan

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
Biglia was MotM.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Samu is clearly more comfortable on the right flank and he showed once again that he's not as bad as Zuzo.

Hakan is our only capable LW.

Conti showed why Rino hasn't been starting him.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Samu is clearly more comfortable on the right flank and he showed once again that he's not as bad as Zuzo.

Hakan is our only capable LW.

Conti showed why Rino hasn't been starting him.

Samu can’t dribble tho

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

- 3 points :thumbsup: Not a great performance but I'll take it at least not as terrible like the one against Sassuolo.

- Clear foul on Paqueta for Biglia's goal however it could have gone a different way for Piatek's goal if the defender would have stayed rolling on the grass. I truly do not know what Chievo's people have been smoking to claim what they said not to mention that they said they would have won 3-0 with a shirt of different colors. :fp::lol::lol::lol: I guess Marihuana is pretty popular in Verona.

- Gigio? Did he really had a problem in this game at all? I do not think so.

- Conti? Very bad game from him.

- Musacchio? There when needed.

- Romagnoli? I hope his ceiling is far away because so far he has been excellent. He deserved that goal, just too unlucky.

- Laxalt? Slightly better than Conti but not by much.

- Kessie? Defensively? spot on ; Offensively? For the love of God, Franck kill the FUCKING games.

- Biglia? Very good game from the old man.

- Paqueta? I think he missed Hakan plus he need to revert to 1-touch and pass the ball instead of holding the ball too long.

- Suso? First half he was horrible at best. Conti made few runs for him and as usual he just wants to shot at goal. Second half much better.

- Piatek? If he could get better service, oh man!!

- Samu? Lots off effort but also held the ball too long.

Subs:

- Hakan? Nice cameo

- Calabria? Right now he is the clear cut starting right back.

- Borini? N/A

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
“We had an even match with Milan, but with VAR they decide whatever suits them at that moment. You didn’t even need VAR for that, it was a kung fu kick, it’s impossible not to spot that. We lost to Milan because of some kung fu.”

:lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
“We had an even match with Milan, but with VAR they decide whatever suits them at that moment. You didn’t even need VAR for that, it was a kung fu kick, it’s impossible not to spot that. We lost to Milan because of some kung fu.”

:lol:

Brilliant stuff. It wasn't a foul because there was no intent to foul, simply get the ball into the net. I think the only dubious part was the original Samu flick to Piatek that looked offside but VAR said the goal stands.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm very happy that Piatek's goal wasn't ruled out.

Obviously I don't like people being kicked in the head, but that would have been a sorry affair had it been

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Brilliant stuff. It wasn't a foul because there was no intent to foul, simply get the ball into the net. I think the only dubious part was the original Samu flick to Piatek that looked offside but VAR said the goal stands.

:thumbsup:
Piatek was standing in his place with the ball heading towards him. The only intention there was to get the ball into the goal, not kung fu kick somebody (which btw almost made no contact to the defender) who throws himself between the ball and piatek.

Both goals were valid and thank fuck for this the referees screwing us left and right start of the season

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Without VAR, you wouldn't even get a second chance at reviewing the goals and this would have been a non-issue.

Schedule