Josep "Pep" Guardiola

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Says who?

Goal.com :lol::fp:

There is not ONE credible evidence of this actually happening. Heck, go read the goddamn article again - they cite absolutely no evidence whatsoever

just wait

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Here's the biggest problem to get pep. To get pep e need investors.

To get investors, berlusconi needs to sell. Berlusconi has built a global brand, but general weakness of serie A makes it an unattractive investment. Even city or chelsea with much less 'brand' have more to offer because fo gigantic EPL profits

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Here's the biggest problem to get pep. To get pep e need investors.

To get investors, berlusconi needs to sell. Berlusconi has built a global brand, but general weakness of serie A makes it an unattractive investment. Even city or chelsea with much less 'brand' have more to offer because fo gigantic EPL profits

Explain PSG then?

Or Anzhi or any of the Russian or Ukranian teams?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Explain PSG then?

Or Anzhi or any of the Russian or Ukranian teams?

we'll see if psg proves to be a smart investment. They are losing money now. That's for sure.

russian and ukranian teams pay low wages. Look at wage bills/operating expenses v. ours.

Obviously exceptions like an etoo but rest... not so much.

tell me again how bush perpetrated 9/11 :lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Ash has a point the league1 commercial i saw on some oil channel was better than milan derby :cry:

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
we'll see if psg proves to be a smart investment. They are losing money now. That's for sure.

russian and ukranian teams pay low wages. Look at wage bills/operating expenses v. ours.

Obviously exceptions like an etoo but rest... not so much.

tell me again how bush perpetrated 9/11 :lol:

I never once said that Bush did anything, you're a liar.

And totally changing the subject of how dumb you sound.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Its fair to say that EPL is more intresseting to invest in but we have seen american investors in Roma and chinese investors at Inter. Milan as a brand has still a very high value, so getting investors shouldnt be that difficult. Getting investors that suits either Milans or Berlusconis, possible both, demands is probably a bit trickier

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Btw you idiots missed my point. Look at price it cost Qatar group to buy psg or Russian Ukrainian clubs. Or hell Roma or city

Far less than what berlusconi wants to sell Milan shares for

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Its fair to say that EPL is more intresseting to invest in but we have seen american investors in Roma and chinese investors at Inter. Milan as a brand has still a very high value, so getting investors shouldnt be that difficult. Getting investors that suits either Milans or Berlusconis, possible both, demands is probably a bit trickier

Di bennetto got a deal cause of massive bank issues sensi had

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes but the discussion was about a potential investment in Milan who plays in Serie A. Its harder to get investors to the league but that doesnt mean its impossible task to achive. Even more so in Milan case because as a global brand we are probably ranked highest of any Serie A team and top 5-6 in the world

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yes but the discussion was about a potential investment in Milan who plays in Serie A. Its harder to get investors to the league but that doesnt mean its impossible task to achive. Even more so in Milan case because as a global brand we are probably ranked highest of any Serie A team and top 5-6 in the world

That's sort of my point.

The asking price for shares, does not necessarily reflect the profitability in return.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It depends on what you mean with profitability. If you are talking about financial profit its extremly rare amongst football clubs to actually make the owner profit from the activity that involves owning a football club. Most investors does it for other reasons

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
nobody is going to pay even 600 million plus to buy a club which has no stadium, probably is in the worst league ever and cannot be the godfather of that club .. whatever sheikhs do they cant eclipse berlus history.

I dont know whats the motivation behind buying a club like milan .. may be they are too rich and just want to fuck around

i dont think this forum is going to buy any shares if listed

its too complicated for such an institution

FUUUUUU sell the club .. I hope best comes out of it but its not so easy as people here claim

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
it's no fun if pep comes to milan and we buy a bunch of new expensive players for him. otherwise let's just buy the new players and keep allegri

no, pep needs to work with the same set of players and see what happens

if he succeeds with the same team...he truly is a genius. if the team maintains the same mid-level status, then it's the players, not the coach who is/are the problem

honestly, i would think someone with the initiative that pep has (supposedly)would revel in that kind of a challenge.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It depends on what you mean with profitability. If you are talking about financial profit its extremly rare amongst football clubs to actually make the owner profit from the activity that involves owning a football club. Most investors does it for other reasons

you're forgetting biggest reason....

no one will buy a minority share if they aren't getting profitability.

Minority share.
No say in team.
Lose money.

That's not appealing. Atleast if you'ee doing it for fun/hobby.... you want control

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yea that is very true. Sort of missunderstood you there what you meant by profitability, but I agree with you

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
LEt em clear it up for you ....

Thaksin paid something around 85 million pounds for City. He had his assets frozen. Shiek mansour bought them for $330 dollars, which at the time would have been a little less than 200 million pounds. Edit- double checked (http://www.x-rates.com/average/?from=USD&to=GBP&amount=1&year=2008). Pound was 2 to 1 in that period. Aka 165 million pounds

Considering they are a premier league club with ability to generate huge revnue to tv contracts, it's a steal. 2008 epl was already selling like crazy

Abramovich paid maximimum pof 150 million pounds for chelsea. That was like 60 to owners and 90 covering debt. That was 2003

Qatari's are said to have paid around $100 mil ($ not euros) for control of PSG.

The russian clubs? Sold for FAR FAR LESS....

As for selling full control. What does Berlusconi want. 1 billion? Isn't milan's value somewhere in that realm? Forbes values it at $838 (dollars).

so let me ask you, what business man in his right mind is paying that for a dying brand when you can buy an epl club for half or 1/3rd the price, build it up, and guarentee escalating revenue's because EPL profits increase EVERY YEAR

Serie A's either got to turn it around, or Berlusconi has to sell for far cheaper, or option C (which is berlusconi's idea and makes complete sense) a european superleague has to come to fruition and thus kill domestic leagues

Use your heads

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Thaksin paid something around 85 million pounds for City. He had his assets frozen. Shiek mansour bought them for $330 dollars, which at the time would have been a little less than 200 million pounds.

Considering they are a premier league club with ability to generate huge revnue to tv contracts, it's a steal. 2008 epl was already selling like crazy

Abramovich paid maximimum pof 150 million pounds for chelsea. That was like 60 to owners and 90 covering debt. That was 2003

Qatari's are said to have paid around $100 mil ($ not euros) for control of PSG.

As for selling full control. What does Berlusconi want. 1 billion? Isn't milan's value somewhere in that realm? Forbes values it at $838 (dollars).

so let me ask you, what business man in his right mind is paying that for a dying brand when you can buy an epl club for half or 1/3rd the price, build it up, and guarentee escalating revenue's because EPL profits increase EVERY YEAR

Use your heads
:thumbsup:

berlusconi will take 835 million and run if he an offer comes :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
of the big branded clubs in the world.... only ones who can justify a sale over 800 mil are man utd, real madrid, barcelona, bayern munich... perhaps some other epl clubs like liverpool.

Because they run profits much much higher and make huge tv contract money.

Even roma who did get investment from foreigners cost Di Bennetto and his group 100 mil

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We dont even have a stadium with PM of the country owning the club .. and outside investor have to bribe more to get a new stadium

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
nobody is going to pay even 600 million plus to buy a club which has no stadium, probably is in the worst league ever and cannot be the godfather of that club .. whatever sheikhs do they cant eclipse berlus history.

I dont know whats the motivation behind buying a club like milan .. may be they are too rich and just want to fuck around

i dont think this forum is going to buy any shares if listed

its too complicated for such an institution

FUUUUUU sell the club .. I hope best comes out of it but its not so easy as people here claim

They want to own a big club. Competition with Dubai, other emirates.

Sheikh Mansoor is a cousin of this dude. This Qatar guy is the real deal. He wants a top grade club with a history to be bought. That is the only motivation.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They want to own a big club. Competition with Dubai, other emirates.

Sheikh Mansoor is a cousin of this dude. This Qatar guy is the real deal. He wants a top grade club with a history to be bought. That is the only motivation.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Realistically, it might be more profitable and cheaper investment to build up a city in epl than buy milan in serie a

No one is in the business of losing money (though you take some years losses). Even the abu dhabi group, might not see City as something to make money, but surely they want to get to a break even point

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Thaksin paid something around 85 million pounds for City. He had his assets frozen. Shiek mansour bought them for $330 dollars, which at the time would have been a little less than 200 million pounds. Edit- double checked (http://www.x-rates.com/average/?from=USD&to=GBP&amount=1&year=2008). Pound was 2 to 1 in that period. Aka 165 million pounds

Serie A's either got to turn it around, or Berlusconi has to sell for far cheaper, or option C (which is berlusconi's idea and makes complete sense) a european superleague has to come to fruition and thus kill domestic leagues

Use your heads

Thank you for that insightfull post

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
too many roumors about.....

positive: he could get rid of all fodder foddering around our San Siro

negative: he needs investment

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
There are other reasons that Italy isn't as attractive for investors as other leauges, most of all it's because Italy as a country isn't very attractive for investors in general at the moment. There are problems in Italy that makes it alot easier to and safe to invest in English clubs for example.

And btw, the Russian/Ukrainian clubs are a bad example since they're usually owned by Russian/Ukranian bussinessmen.

Schedule