Football Manager 2012 Thread

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
1zxpl08.jpg

14,5 mio for Ter Stegen? Even though he seems worth it, I guess I should not even bother trying to sign him for now, and fully focus on getting a new right sided winger instead (from Leverkusen; Augusto and Sam look like they will do amazing). There's also a cheap winger I could get which looks good. Besides signing a new winger, and sell one I have now, I will change little.

Honda looks nice, makes me wanting him, but I don't need him, and Guarin's long shot and free-kick taking attributes are awesomely high anyway. Besides Guarin, I also got Moutinho and Defour. Shame one of these three is likely going to see the bench, since I expect Fernando to be my defensive midfielder. I'm likely going to play 4-5-1 (wingers).

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
cool, everyone seems to be playing away.

Any one have the game outright who would want to make up an online league?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
14,5 mio for Ter Stegen? Even though he seems worth it, I guess I should not even bother trying to sign him for now, and fully focus on getting a new right sided winger instead (from Leverkusen; Augusto and Sam look like they will do amazing). There's also a cheap winger I could get which looks good. Besides signing a new winger, and sell one I have now, I will change little.

Honda looks nice, makes me wanting him, but I don't need him, and Guarin's long shot and free-kick taking attributes are awesomely high anyway. Besides Guarin, I also got Moutinho and Defour. Shame one of these three is likely going to see the bench, since I expect Fernando to be my defensive midfielder. I'm likely going to play 4-5-1 (wingers).

His more then worth if for that price.My defense now in the 5h season only leaked 9 GOALS all season long!!!

Aly-Greek guy i cant spell his name-Silva-Ramos
----------------Ter Stegen----------

Won back to back champions leagues.My midfield is now Nocerino-Modric-Hamsik with Eriksen tearing shit up in front of them.Strikers are Baloteli and Leonardo DAmiao(think thats how u spell his name,at work atm and cant post screen shots)

Im getting bored of Milan atm,gonna try a lower league team.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His more then worth if for that price.My defense now in the 5h season only leaked 9 GOALS all season long!!!

Aly-Greek guy i cant spell his name-Silva-Ramos
----------------Ter Stegen----------

I think I will try having Ter Stegen joining my squad next Summer. Hélton is a good goalkeeper, and now I should focus on getting Augusto, since (I need to sell a winger, and need one who can cover both sides and) he can play both sides, and is good with both feet. Even though I like Sam's attributes a little bit more, but he can only play on the right wing, and has no right foot. James Rodriguez as starting left winger, Augusto as starting right winger and first backup for James, and Belluschi as first backup for right winger, looks nice. :)

Maybe I will play Moutinho in front of my defense instead of Fernando. Either way, one great first backup for my midfield I will have. Any of these four can get benched, it's up to them to prove themselves. Same goes for central defenders Otamendi, Rolando and Maicon. FC Porto seems like a nice team to have, but unfortunality I won't play the game today because of homework. :(

By the way; the Greek guy as in Schalke 04's Papadopoulos? I guess it's him, since Kyriakos seems to be a wonderkid in the game. I kinda want him too, but that have to wait also. There are too many players I want. :D

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
By the way; the Greek guy as in Schalke 04's Papadopoulos? I guess it's him, since Kyriakos seems to be a wonderkid in the game. I kinda want him too, but that have to wait also. There are too many players I want. :D

Yup its him,his amazing in the game,and cheap if you get him in season 2.How are wingers doing in Serie A?My x mas three totally pwns it.

But in Europe(usually against real)I have to play my full backs as wingers to help the midfield,otherwise i get overun on the flanks.(Ronaldo is a real pain in the ass)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yup its him,his amazing in the game,and cheap if you get him in season 2.How are wingers doing in Serie A?My x mas three totally pwns it.

But in Europe(usually against real)I have to play my full backs as wingers to help the midfield,otherwise i get overun on the flanks.(Ronaldo is a real pain in the ass)

With FM2011 I played with Real Madrid online against someone (who had Barça obviously), and Cristiano Ronaldo was a beast. Absolutely adorable, but he always choked against Barça. :mad:

So in season 2, eh? :D Nice! I guess we will wait one year for him. :)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished the first season with a scudetto win (95 points bittchhess:D) coppa italia and went out to lyon in the quarter finals of the CL who ended up winning it :eek:

The tevez transfer broke down in january because of the non eu spots, so I signed marvin martin instead and waited to sign tevez for the next season.

My transfers for the 2nd season

38309661.png

I also signed thiago alcantra for january for 13million :D

7 games in serie A so far, 7 wins, and of course I won the super cup.

Starting line up + subs

fm2b.png

xaviesta

Primavera
Reaction score
With FM2011 I played with Real Madrid online against someone (who had Barça obviously), and Cristiano Ronaldo was a beast. Absolutely adorable, but he always choked against Barça. :mad:

So in season 2, eh? :D Nice! I guess we will wait one year for him. :)

haha good times man, we had epic games, much prefer this game it seems a little easier too.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
haha good times man, we had epic games, much prefer this game it seems a little easier too.

That was fun, yeah. I would like to play again, though it's harder to do so because of school. If anything, I would only try to play online with only one other person which has proven to be fun anyway. :thumbsup::D

Back to FC Porto: Renato Augusto asked for way too much wage. I signed Willian (Shakhtar) instead, for 9 mio. Also I signed Arason (36 years old) on free to be my third goalkeeper (1 year contract). I had only two goalkeepers (ignoring the youth, but the best one there is 16 years old). Cristian Rodríguez is on his way out to Betis; he had one year left on his contract and asked too much for an extension. He wouldn't have been a starter anyway; I like James Rodriguez more. :) Still have some money to spend. :D I will use that for a prospect who doesn't necessary has to join right now. Maybe try to secure Ter Stegen for next season. :D

xaviesta

Primavera
Reaction score
That was fun, yeah. I would like to play again, though it's harder to do so because of school. If anything, I would only try to play online with only one other person which has proven to be fun anyway. :thumbsup::D

Back to FC Porto: Renato Augusto asked for way too much wage. I signed Willian (Shakhtar) instead, for 9 mio. Also I signed Arason (36 years old) on free to be my third goalkeeper (1 year contract). I had only two goalkeepers (ignoring the youth, but the best one there is 16 years old). Cristian Rodríguez is on his way out to Betis; he had one year left on his contract and asked too much for an extension. He wouldn't have been a starter anyway; I like James Rodriguez more. :) Still have some money to spend. :D I will use that for a prospect who doesn't necessary has to join right now. Maybe try to secure Ter Stegen for next season. :D

Yeah we maybe able to sort something out, i'm working nights and play this through the night (easy being a security guard :D) i'll pm you sometime.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
got fucking pissed off at newcastle after i lost manure 6-1. after experimenting with a lot of different sides, i think i found a team that suits me... shakhtar donetsk.

i had an awesome game with them in 2011 and looking forward to more of the same this year. :)

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Started playing with Santos and im on fire!
My transfer budget was shit and i didnt bought new players.

Neymar and Ganso are excelent,i plan to keep them and buy the other brazilian young stars.

Can you recomend me some good players from europe?
Be carefull not everyone like to come to my Santos

Im in the final of South American ReCoppa and i won the first leg against Independiente,Ganso x2 and Neymar.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I finished my first season in second place with Milan + eliminated in semi final in CL.
I am starting my second one & I already spend like 350mil LOL
My team 4-3-1-2 :
GKs: Adler - Abi
RB : Abate - Azipilicueta - Romario
LB : TT - Sissokho
CD : TS - Howedes - Sakho - Vertonghen
CM : Hamsik - Sissoko - Asamoah - Martin - Ayew - Emre can
Am : Willian - Eriksen
ST : Robi - Ibra - Pato - Balo - Niang

I have about 60mil to spend also & I just wait for any player to upgrade.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
man i love brazilian attacking midfielders... Willian, Douglas Costa, Alex Teixera, Alan Patrick (hot prospect) and possibly my favourite player in both FM11 and 12... :star:Jadson:star:

going to post a full recap of my season probably this weekend. bought andre ayew, tymoshuk and moussa sow. so far it's been excellent with no losses in the league, and scoring 4 goals per game. got a unbelievably easy cl group with porto, macabi haifa and some other team.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Decided to ditch my rags to riches campaign and went with Milan ...halfway through :

1X9FO.png

P.O.O.T

:cool:

Some great finds esp Ruben Yttergard Jenssen and Anin ...pretty cheap too

Got Berlu to buy a new stadium :thumbsup:

Really realistic game engine this time :

18fa5fa0480a273f7215e74679cc7344.png

Had to play 5 games with 10 men -1 with 9(no subs etc) ...Ibra :proud:

Robinho's 1v1 misses :proud:

Cassano poor in training :proud:

Galliani sending me emails of Pato after every match :proud:

Props to Sports Interactive :beer:

finished top of my CL group :
62fac117159b9b913d0425f63fefde88.png

Thrashed Bayern 4-1 :poot:

too easy

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Its the most realistic manager so far... Its amazing how team talk can be useful to get your players fired up.. Half time team talks saved my ass few times. I'm too lazy to put screen shots but I'm somewhere in april and im in CL semis vs ManU and I've won Scudetto already. Made 2 buys only. Handanovic and Ganso. Trying to get Lahm and Gotze if I get enough money. Been using 4-1-2-2-1 and it works great for me. No defeats and 4 draws with it. Ibra is a beast, scored 43 goals. Just put him as an advanced forward and enjoy :D

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In FM 2011 I used to have Tevez and he was absolutely a monster no less then 30 goals per season.

After like 6 seasons I had, C. Ronaldo, Messi, Tevez, Pastore, Tevez, and Pato as my attack. I will take screen shots when I can, it was a pretty beast team but it got boring cz I would never lose lol

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
In FM 2011 I used to have Tevez and he was absolutely a monster no less then 30 goals per season.

After like 6 seasons I had, C. Ronaldo, Messi, Tevez, Pastore, Tevez, and Pato as my attack. I will take screen shots when I can, it was a pretty beast team but it got boring cz I would never lose lol

No wonder you never lose, you got two Tevez! :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
started a new game with fulham, still in my first season, signed some awesome players with a 275k budget:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:(FUCK my owner) amauri(on loan and paying 20% of his wages :g:) with 21 goals so far and the season isn't over, fighting for the 4th spot.

I'll post pics when the season is done.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just got the game and started a season with Milan, and this must be the best I have ever started a season in Football Manager.

My stats at the moment in Serie A:
Games PLayed: 7
Won: 7
Drew and Lost: 0

Goals Scored: 23
Allowed: 0

So far I beat Juventus 5-0, Roma 3-0, Cagliari 5-0, and Napoli 3-0

In CL im tied for first place with Chelsea and Copenhagen with 5pts from 3 games. Nesta btw has 4 goals in the league so far, Amazing.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
forgot to mention i bought Fernandinho for CM who is def the best midfielder on my team right now, and Mandanda to replace Abbiati

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Decided to ditch my rags to riches campaign and went with Milan ...halfway through :

1X9FO.png

P.O.O.T

:cool:

Some great finds esp Ruben Yttergard Jenssen and Anin ...pretty cheap too

Got Berlu to buy a new stadium :thumbsup:

Really realistic game engine this time :

18fa5fa0480a273f7215e74679cc7344.png

Had to play 5 games with 10 men -1 with 9(no subs etc) ...Ibra :proud:

Robinho's 1v1 misses :proud:

Cassano poor in training :proud:

Galliani sending me emails of Pato after every match :proud:

Props to Sports Interactive :beer:

finished top of my CL group :
62fac117159b9b913d0425f63fefde88.png

Thrashed Bayern 4-1 :poot:

too easy

Cassano plays great for me he is definitely one of my best players at AMC. Btw try this for your corner kicks, Put Nesta to attack near post and then cross the ball to the near post, also have either Taiwo or Thiago attack Far post, So far Nesta has 10 goals for me this season :thumbsup: and Taiwo has 5, all from corners

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Nah Cassano played okay ...just that he is almost always poor in training .

Silva scored 10 goals for me ..Mexes 4 and Nesta 4 (two against Roma ,oddly enough )

but the game has lost its attraction ...

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idk how to add pictures from my comp or I would show u my season so far lol...and I bought Astori already because Mexes is very inconsistent, one game he will be rated over 7.20 next game gets 2 yellows in first half