Tabaré Viudez Thread

Nicko

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Aimar, Totti, Salas, Seedorf, Raul, Pato, Boateng, Cassano
I read on www.espndeportes.com that he's going to italy to sign a contract with milan I have never see him play but he's just 18 i hope he's good he is an (i don't know how to say it in english) uruguayo

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
Nicko said:
I read on www.espndeportes.com that he's going to italy to sign a contract with milan I have never see him play but he's just 18 i hope he's good he is an (i don't know how to say it in english) uruguayo
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabar%C3%A9_Viudez
wikipedia say that he is sign for Milan

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's called false information, people.

No need for a thread on this. It belongs in the Commode.

Nicko

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Aimar, Totti, Salas, Seedorf, Raul, Pato, Boateng, Cassano
Beemer said:

how do you know is fake? lol espn is a very reliable page

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Beemer said:

It doesn't appear to be fake. At first I didn't believe it either, but after looking into this, it's well corroborated. The only thing to make it conclusive is an official note to be posted on ACMilan.com. According to ESPN, Viudez already flew out to Milan on wednesday for a medical.

As far as Cardaccio, I think those negotiations are still on going.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=558438&sec=europe&cc=5901

MONTEVIDEO, July 29 (Apertura) - Defensor Sporting's teenage midfielder Tabare Viudez appears on the verge of a move to Italian outfit AC Milan.

Viudez, who has been playing for the Uruguayan champions' senior team for one year, will fly to Italy on Wednesday afternoon for a medical.

The Fonseca Group, who have the rights of the player, led the negotiations to transfer Viudez to the San Siro for the upcoming Serie A season.

http://www.elpais.com.uy/08/07/30/ultmo_360818.asp

http://www.datasport.it/leggi.aspx?id=5157114

Well corroborated. And it appears they could play in our squad. Though it is possible this could change and they could be loaned out.

The funny thing is... someone picked up on this on wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ac_milan#Current_squad

Well at least the time that this post was made, Viudez appears under our roster. Of course someone probably edited it by the time you read this... as this is not yet officially confirmed. Someone even went as far as giving Viudez number "55"...

I still have no clue who either of these players are lol. But hey, just giving some information.

Last edited:

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
seems true for now... also stated here
http://www.sportmediaset.it/calcio/articoli/14172/

2 young uruguaian , both midfielders. Viudez plays for uruguay U20, i too have no clue about 2 years older Mathias.

Those 2 signings wouldnt surprise me (except that they are both mids?) because you can tell thats the range of our current spending power.

EDIT - just read the confirmation in rumour commode. Too late :)

Last edited:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I do consider it an investment... especially for the Primavera team if one of the two end up training with them.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
I have a feeling Viudez will be with the Primavera. Cardaccio on the other hand may make it to the first team.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
its official cause ancelotti speaks of it in acmilan.com

MARKET MOVES
"Paloschi is staying because he is the only striker we have available along with Kaká so he will play these two matches. The Uruguayans, meanwhile, will train with us. Cardacio is a national team player. Viudez, meanwhile, is an '89 player, he's a bit younger. They will train with us and then we will see in twenty days if he will train with the Primavera or if he'll stay with us."

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here are some words of Galliani talking about Cardaccio and Viudez.

"In Europa ci sono prezzi impossibili, quindi è anche giusto fare un mix tra campioni del calibro di Ronaldinho e giovani promesse come Cardacio e Viudez. Quest’ultimo ha dato risultati eccezionali nelle visite di Milan Lab. Cardacio è avvantaggiato dal fatto di possedere il passaporto italiano. Ringrazio molto Daniel Fonseca che ha contribuito al successo dell’operazione".

milannews.it

---

It seems like Viudez had great results at the Milan Lab, I don't know what that means but I guess it's a positive.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he passed his physical... good job, he's a professional athlete.....

cardaccio has an italian passport though

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diavolo_7 said:
He doesn't have a Wikipedia page!?!? This is even worse than I thought... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabaré_Viudez

He does have one, but it sounds more like an article rather than a Wikipedia page. It's funny, when you Google his full name on google, this forum is the first hit listed. We're making him famous I tell you. :tongue:

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
Why isn't this in the official Players thread? Along with Cardaccio.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
http://www.sportsya.com/english/new...al_with_AC_Milan.html?id_estruc=283&id=183731

AC Milan have made no official announcement yet about signing Uruguayan Mathias Cardaccio, though the media claim the player will undergo medicals on Thursday and Friday.

Cardaccio will meet with young international Tabare Viudez at the Rossoneri. Viudez arrived in Italy on Wednesday since he is set to undergo his medical and to put the finishing touches to his move.

Both players, who reached a four-year deal with AC Milan, are expected to begin training next week under Carlo Ancelotti guidance.

The local press claims Viudez could be first transferred on loan to some club in the European league to help him with the adaptation to the soccer style of the continent; Cardaccio will begin playing for the Rossoneri this season.

Cardaccio, 20, contested the Under-20 World Cup with Edison Cavani, 21, currently playing at Palermo.

---

And with this injury crisis, we could see Cardaccio play for us sooner than expected. He's an attacking midfielder. I think Milan saw that Kaka was not doing well... and needed more time.

Sorry this may have been posted before... but I think there is some important information there.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
no he's not. he's a CM at best. everythig i read on him was comparing him to fernando gago. nothing wrong w/ that.... but cardaccio is not kaka, ronaldinho or seedorf type at all

edit: dont get me wrong though, anyone to push brocchi/emerson down the depth chart is fine by me... but he wont solve our attacking injury woes...

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milano84 said:
no he's not. he's a CM at best. everythig i read on him was comparing him to fernando gago. nothing wrong w/ that.... but cardaccio is not kaka, ronaldinho or seedorf type at all

edit: dont get me wrong though, anyone to push brocchi/emerson down the depth chart is fine by me... but he wont solve our attacking injury woes...

Edit: Never mind. I think maybe I was mixing up with Tabare Viudez..

He's still a lot better than Brocchi and Emerson, and he will strongly add depth to our team. But what attacking injury woes? If we get Ronaldinho and Pato back we should be fine. Kaka may have to rest for some time, but Ronaldinho can cover for him... 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-1-2 are two formations that could work (depending on when Inzaghi or Borriello get better).

Lets get back to the basics. If we didn't sign Ronaldinho, yes I'd be very concerned.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Great news we are investing heavily in youth and rebuilding the side for the future.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Maldini would tell us he wants the Milano youth to get play-time, rather than going off to buy a charrua (someone from Uruguay) :o

and i agree with him

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ezekiel2517 said:
Maldini would tell us he wants the Milano youth to get play-time, rather than going off to buy a charrua (someone from Uruguay) :o

and i agree with him

Now now, Viudez would play in the Milan youth squad... and why not invent in these two players? They are quite promising.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i mean players born in Milan, like Maldini himself :)

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ezekiel2517 said:
i mean players born in Milan, like Maldini himself :)

Trust me I'm really pro-Italian and such (ask anyone that)... but I like foreign talent too...

What's the thing against Uruguayos though?

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Absolutely nothing, it would be the same if the were Brazilian or Russian.

Since they are already with the squad, however, I want only the best for them :D

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
edika_kaka said:
any pics and his profile??

viudez73.jpg

Tabaré Viudez
Full Name: Tabaré Uruguay Viudez Mora
Born: 08.09.1989
Born in: Montevideo, Uruguay
Nationality: Uruguay
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Tabaré Viudez: Club career
01/2007 - 06/2008 Defensor Sporting, MF, Shirt #10

Tabaré Viudez - Internationals
U-20 World Cup 2007 Canada, representing Uruguay, MF, Shirt #19

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Viudez will wear the #20.

He and Cardacio trained at Milanello today and wil be presented to the team tomorrow.
acmilan.com

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Lisa said:
Viudez will wear the #20.

He and Cardacio trained at Milanello today and wil be presented to the team tomorrow.
acmilan.com

WTF! he is stealing the number of Gourcuff ! :mad:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So I guess Viudez and Cardacio will be in the first team squad. Interesting. I also read in a recent interview that they may be taken to England for the friendly with Manchester City.