The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Napoli play 442 ancelotti could field him as a support striker up top or anywhere in that midfield 4 really

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Et voilà. Could actually be the final break through we were waiting for since this FFP shit began 24 months ago.

It probably won't mean we can start to do now whatever the f we want. We don't own UEFA. No one does. But finally we can kick start a project that has the chance to bring us back to the top in the long term. Something that under current circumstances was very difficult to reach.

It probably means we can spend 100m +- without sales instead of begging with a cup full of Suso.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You know that we're hitting peak R&B when James is shit but Veretout, Krunic etc aren't

Also ...James was good a "decade ago"? :fp::rolleyes:
He's fucking EXACTLY what we need as SS.
I guess every year R&B has one of those "lol who needs that overrated Dani Alves guy...we got Zambrotta" moments :proud:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It probably means we can spend 100m +- without sales instead of begging with a cup full of Suso.

They probably can't go crazy because there is still financial fair play to look out for 3 years or so down the road, but it should give them ample breathing room to spend what they need to get this project going.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
€50m for 28 year old that's on €13m a year that scored a great goal in the world cup half a decade ago and has disappointed ever since for Real and Bayern....nah we good

That 13 million is gross, not net. And it's 10 million loan + option.
I'm sure they won't take up that option even if he does fairly well. He would have to be the best player in Serie A for them to exercise that option.
I think they did this deal more for exposure than anything else.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure they won't take up that option even if he does fairly well. He would have to be the best player in Serie A for them to exercise that option.

40m isn't a lot if they want to take up his option. And Napoli-Real Madrid can always talk that down even more since it doesn't sound like Madrid wants him back.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I hope elliott sells Milan around April time. If we're in CL and in hands of new ownership... thats when we will spend big.

With our exclusion from EL and only 1 game per week elliott wont push the boat out too much, it will be a modest market but an effective market.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
40m isn't a lot if they want to take up his option. And Napoli-Real Madrid can always talk that down even more since it doesn't sound like Madrid wants him back.

It is a lot for a 28 year old. I would do the loan, but wouldn't excersise the option unless he performs on clearly world class levels.
It's a good deal for Napoli. Whatever happens, it's up to them in the end whether they want to buy him outright

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
They probably can't go crazy because there is still financial fair play to look out for 3 years or so down the road, but it should give them ample breathing room to spend what they need to get this project going.

Yes. The wage bill will have been brought down a lot so the club could probably make a calculated risk with a 100m net spend on the market and go for a CL place and work on better commercial deals, a stadium and a big youth investment paying off by 2022.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Bayern wanted to keep James but he rejected them. James good enough for Europe’s elite but not Milan :fp:

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Let the fancy fabolous sensi go to Inter. Just go bankrupt for Everton.
Btw Calamity James is overrated as fuck, he can go try a new volley with Napoli jersey, not rnb material.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
A transfer market derby will take place between Milan and Inter, as the latter have joined the race for Sensi. [@DiMarzio]

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well it depends on when we need to sort out our books. I think in order to not loose too much credibility UEFA will try to postpone the break-even year by only 1 year. So that would mean that the monitored period where we aren't allowed to have a bigger comulated deficit than 30M would start with the beginning of the upcoming season, which is the 1st July 2019, and end three years later on the 30th June of 2022. And inbetween: no further monitoring and punishments.

I think that's realistic and also fair. It would mean that we don't need to care any longer about B&G era and the Chinese mess. I mean it's like 400M or 500M in the reds we don't need to care about any longer. What a relief!

But I wouldn't rule out that we nevertheless need to make one or two big plusvalenzas already now. I mean a mercato with net expenditures around 100M needs to be recouped in the following two seasons. I'm not sure that participating on CL alone would be enough to do so, especially since we surely want to make further purchases in the upcoming years.

Only scenario I can see us having a mercato with 100M net expenditures is when they would postpone the break-even-year until 2023, which would give us card blanche for this year. Highly unlikely if you ask me.
Di Marzio says Inter also want Sensi
Well, now I want him at all costs. Ha!

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Gross in Italy or Spain? The tax rates are quite different so if Napoli pay the full salary they'd pay more gross than Madrid do.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Roma canceled their American tour thinking they would have to play EL qualifiers since Milan won’t be thrown out. Fiorentina getting the American millions instead. Now Milan voluntarily exiting EL and Roma doesn’t have to play qualifiers.

They are really having a horrible week.. month.. years.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BTW, if UEFA was actually only monitoring our 2019-2022 seasons, then we surely will wait until 1st July before making any sales as that way the esrni gs from those transfers would count in said period.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
So that would mean that the monitored period where we aren't allowed to have a bigger comulated deficit than 30M would start with the beginning of the upcoming season, which is the 1st July 2019, and end three years later on the 30th June of 2022.

So you're saying we should spend hundreds of millions before July 1st? :D

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma canceled their American tour thinking they would have to play EL qualifiers since Milan won’t be thrown out. Fiorentina getting the American millions instead. Now Milan voluntarily exiting EL and Roma doesn’t have to play qualifiers.

They are really having a horrible week.. month.. years.

I don't think they officially canceled anything. Looks like you can still buy tickets for Roma ICC games.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Might just be to cause trouble. Can't see them spending like 60-70m on Barella and Sensi. Plus they already have Vecino, Brozovic, Radja, Gagliardini, Borja.

Nobody loses sleep or their mind over 'Sensi' to Inter. Sassuolo just playing the game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well it depends on when we need to sort out our books. I think in order to not loose too much credibility UEFA will try to postpone the break-even year by only 1 year. So that would mean that the monitored period where we aren't allowed to have a bigger comulated deficit than 30M would start with the beginning of the upcoming season, which is the 1st July 2019, and end three years later on the 30th June of 2022. And inbetween: no further monitoring and punishments.

I think that's realistic and also fair. It would mean that we don't need to care any longer about B&G era and the Chinese mess. I mean it's like 400M or 500M in the reds we don't need to care about any longer. What a relief!

But I wouldn't rule out that we nevertheless need to make one or two big plusvalenzas already now. I mean a mercato with net expenditures around 100M needs to be recouped in the following two seasons. I'm not sure that participating on CL alone would be enough to do so, especially since we surely want to make further purchases in the upcoming years.

You're probably right being pragmatic about what to hope for.

But what would an extension of only one year really do for us? It's already one year almost since we received the 2021 punishment. All this negotiating just to pretend the preceding year didn't happen? Doesn't rhyme with the Elliott project.

There's a lot I don't really understand about this. We need at least two assertive markets to make the requisite growth. Maldini knows this and Boban knows this. Even though we're not welcoming the Neymars or Hazards of the world at Madonnina we're still having to pay a lot of money only to supplement the team with 20-30m players who aren't scouted by Mirabelli.

Interesting times ahead.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody loses sleep or their mind over 'Sensi' to Inter. Sassuolo just playing the game.

Probably has something to do with the Barella negotiations as well, their last bid was rejected

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think maybe we're sacrificing players like Suso, Kessie, Calhanoglu, Castillejo to balance the books.

Donnarumma is our most valuable player and probably a future legend in goal. I think Elliott considers him too valuable to be sold this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule