The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 18-07-2012, 17:07   #1061
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Fav. Players: AC Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Bido92 View Post
true, the one against freeze was entertaining. catwoman and harvey dent was fun as well
Yeah, I enjoy playing as Catwoman too!... I prefer agility and speed over strength.
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 23:30   #1062
Corzioli
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depreciation View Post
i am using my laptop to play dragon age and pes with highest video quality on without any problem so i thought this pcsx2 will be no problem..

Boy was I wrong I need to use gamebooster to deactivate all background apps and use a big laptop fan to make the game playable, and by playable i meant playing at around 80% normal gamespeed.
I'm on DX 11, but it seems I need to update some specific .dll collection for the video plugin to work since I don't use an nvidia card/chip.

In terms of proc speed, ram..I don't expect any issues.

Gamebooster doesn't do much ime..I've had that program since I got my new laptop and haven't used it more than ONCE. Just do the tweaking yourself, check parameters, disable those that aren't necessary so you don't overclock.

Texture-related settings, shadows, anti-aliasing..these are some things that are not vital for gp but hog your proc...

Keep tweaking and find out what's suitable. And try to have multiple plugins as well..my emu actually came with sets inbuilt plus the BIOS files so it was easy.

I should update my DX tomorrow, try an ISO and see how it pans out.
Corzioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 04:13   #1063
derpu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen

Yeah, it took about 1-2 hours tweaking the plugins to find a "working" combination.

Gamebooster showed that by disabling all background apps, my lappie work 44% faster, defrag increased the speed further by 15%, the numbers prolly don't mean squat, but being the tech noob that I am, i really think it helps!

Signature

Last edited by derpu; 20-07-2012 at 04:15.
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 23:31   #1064
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/war-of-the-roses

This game is entering Beta. I like Paradox and their games but I don't think I'm able to run this with my antiquated piece of crap. However, if you sign up and refer five others, you get definite access into the Beta... so if anyone wants to, go ahead.

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 17:20   #1065
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx7 View Post
I tried it but it just didn't entertain me...

... Here's a scary game I recommend, for PC only, though...

SLENDER
dude fuck you for recommending this.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 17:38   #1066
Azzurrii-08
Also known as: LASER.

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti

Slender was fun to try a few times!
Azzurrii-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 05:21   #1067
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
dude fuck you for recommending this.
You're welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser View Post
Slender was fun to try a few times!
After the first try I became so paranoid, couldn't stop turning around..

..So.. How many pages have you found? ... My most is 4.

Last edited by Ultra Swan; 23-07-2012 at 08:10.
Old 23-07-2012, 06:37   #1068
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Anyone have a dota 2 invite they dont need?

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 06:38   #1069
Sage
Phase 2

^ don't you dare play that wretched game
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 08:05   #1070
anth183
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi

screw you Sage

Dota 2 is awesome... and Az I'm still yet to get another key. When Dota 2 first came out they were so easy to get
anth183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 09:17   #1071
Corzioli
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depreciation View Post
Yeah, it took about 1-2 hours tweaking the plugins to find a "working" combination.

Gamebooster showed that by disabling all background apps, my lappie work 44% faster, defrag increased the speed further by 15%, the numbers prolly don't mean squat, but being the tech noob that I am, i really think it helps!
Forget Gamebooster and the likes..just get TuneUp Utilities, does ALL your sys optimization work for you..you could supervise that manually (if you're a control freak like me ), or you could auto-schedule. And it gives you more options you won't find on the regular, like registry cleanup and registry defrag....trust me, you don't want to do those two manually..but they are really useful to get rid of 'temp HKEYs' that's left over from program use/removal/modifications and the like.

Even though you're not saying, I can tell you still have fps issues, which LIKELY isn't a function of your machine specs but the PCSX2's interaction with the specs..iow, the Emu settings. You'll need to check your plugins and their settings, use the 2004 BIOS iirc, and tweak the emu settings + activate the speedhacks.

General PCSX2 settings:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Offic...n-guide-v0-9-8

For your fps issues:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-PCSX2-9-7-9-8

Got mine all set up, working great, currently taking care of some lag issues on my Kingdom Hearts 2 ISO.
Old 23-07-2012, 10:00   #1072
Azzurrii-08

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti

Quote:
You're welcome!After the first try I became so paranoid, couldn't stop turning around..

..So.. How many pages have you found? ... My most is 4.
2. I was walking between trees and this guy stood there pissing against a tree. I turned around and he was right next to me.
Old 23-07-2012, 16:37   #1073
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Anyone have a dota 2 invite they dont need?
Apply for the beta on the steam page. It takes a while (a month for me), but it's the most certain way to get it (unless you got 40 dollars willing to put into it).
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 09:40   #1074
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Quote:
2. I was walking between trees and this guy stood there pissing against a tree. I turned around and he was right next to me.
Ha ha! Nice! ... You should try playing it late at night with headphones, ultimate horror!
Old 24-07-2012, 11:58   #1075
Azzurrii-08

Quote:
Ha ha! Nice! ... You should try playing it late at night with headphones, ultimate horror!
I do!

Looking forward to Amnesia 2.
Old 24-07-2012, 13:00   #1076
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Quote:
I do!

Looking forward to Amnesia 2.
Great!

Me too!
Old 24-07-2012, 20:28   #1077
joyrider
Il Moderati

slender is simpple but great

i love it
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 03:43   #1078
Corzioli
Banned

@ Depreciation

Final fixes for slow emulation on PCSX2 (tested with Kingdom Hearts 2, other games may need some more tweaking)

Av. fps for FMVs ('cutscene' vids): ~50

Av. fps during gameplay: ~58

Min. CPU usage in-play: 76%, max: 94%

Min. RAM usage in-play: 37%, max: 49%. Only the PCSX2 window and WExplorer were open at the time.

Tested with a duo core ~ 2GHz, RAM 2Gb, gcm (graphics cache memory) ~800Mb

Make sure there's adequate space for savestates if you're not using memory cards (shouldn't be a problem..my first ss was approx. 18mb, probly is the standard......savestates are cleaner and easier to work with than memcards imo)

Version: 0.9.7.3xxx

EMULATION SETTINGS

* use default settings for EE/IOP.....ditto, VUs (microVU recompiler!!)

*the part that makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE....GS: leave all as default, CHANGE NTSC and PAL FRAMERATE (LIMIT) TO 199.94 FPS

* tweak GS window to suit your tastes..leave vsync alone!

* the other tweak THAT MATTERS: speedhacks..enable it first. Set EE Cyclerate slider to 3, set VU Cycle stealing slider to inbtw 2 and 3. Enable INTC Spin, Wait Loop, mVU Flag hack and mVU Block hack.

*except you're playing one of the listed games, leave Gamefixes disabled
Old 26-07-2012, 04:05   #1079
Corzioli
Banned

I'm not sure the plugin settings really matter..the emulation settings are most important from my findings. Here are the plugins I use:

Graphics: GSdx 3693....SSE2

Pad: LilyPad 0.10.0

Audio: SPU2-X 1.4.0

Cdvd: cdvdGigaherz 0.8.0 (when you need to dump ISOs from actual PS2 discs, switch to the Linuz ISO Cdvd plugin, if available....whenever you can, try using ISOs..reading from your DVD drive will *surely* slow down emulation)

USB: null plugins (for debugging purposes only, no parameters to tweak...on newer versions of PCSX2 you'll find '1 variable' plugins aka those that do work)

Firewire (FW): same as for USB

DEV9: same as above

-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-

Make sure you enable patches/automatic fixes on the main GUI

The speedhacks really affect sound..no matter how you set up the audio plugin the sound will be laggy and will skip at some points ..at the time I've not discovered any way around this. Apart from that trade-off, everything's great.

Now you can re-live your fave PS2 titles without getting the antique console ..if you're wary of downloading the ISOs, simply get the dvd, dump the ISO (via the technique I mentioned earlier), compress it and viola...it's yours for as long as you want.

Hope these two posts helped.
Old 26-07-2012, 04:08   #1080
derpu
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen

thanks a lot. 58 fps is great, mine is usually 45-50 fps. Will try it later.

Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote