The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.



View Poll Results: How ugly is Wayne Rooney?
Ugly enough for Materazzi to sleep with. 15 36.59%
Nearing Ronaldo's "female" friends. 4 9.76%
Uberugly. 2 4.88%
Uglier than MilanoMichael. 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2010, 17:45   #2601
FaRa13
Kuq e Zi
 
FaRa13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Macedonia
Fav. Players: Zidane, Ballack, Pirlo, Gerrard, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
Cor blimey, a "my dick's bigger than your dick" competition. The Scousers used to love playing that game.

Although we won't pass Milan's total anytime soon, it was always cringe-worthy when the dippers did it. United fans who now return the favour in the heat of any debate, regardless of whether or not history is relevant, are just as bad.

Moral of the story? Put your pecker away, mate.
hmm..analogies of football and the pecker were never something of my likeing. but since you say so, ill "put my pecker away" and admit that you guys played a weeee bit better this year and thats why you won(but only because we had injuries )


Signature

Michael Ballack
FaRa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 01:11   #2602
HeroMaldini
AC Milan Legend
 
HeroMaldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
You have the same percentage we have. 76,000 at OT, 80,000 at SS.

Similar numbers.


dude i was at both legs of the Milan-united champ league matches dis year and there was NO COMPARISON in the atmosphere between the San Siro and old trafford.. the sheer volume of noise, passion and choreography at San Siro in the first leg could not be compared to old trafford in the 2nd leg.. all there was in old trafford was anti galzier chants every time the ball went out of play.. fair enuf ye thrashed us on the night (for a number of reasons) but fuck me the atmosphere between the 2 stadiums and sets of fans is incomparable
HeroMaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 01:35   #2603
Revolution
Io Ci Credo
 
Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor379 View Post
dude i was at both legs of the Milan-united champ league matches dis year and there was NO COMPARISON in the atmosphere between the San Siro and old trafford.. the sheer volume of noise, passion and choreography at San Siro in the first leg could not be compared to old trafford in the 2nd leg.. all there was in old trafford was anti galzier chants every time the ball went out of play.. fair enuf ye thrashed us on the night (for a number of reasons) but fuck me the atmosphere between the 2 stadiums and sets of fans is incomparable
there's no reason to argue. San Siro is in league with Camp Nou and La Bambonera in terms of providing the best atmosphere. OT doesn't even come close


Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 17:09   #2604
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor379 View Post
dude i was at both legs of the Milan-united champ league matches dis year and there was NO COMPARISON in the atmosphere between the San Siro and old trafford.. the sheer volume of noise, passion and choreography at San Siro in the first leg could not be compared to old trafford in the 2nd leg.. all there was in old trafford was anti galzier chants every time the ball went out of play.. fair enuf ye thrashed us on the night (for a number of reasons) but fuck me the atmosphere between the 2 stadiums and sets of fans is incomparable
Don't talk shit. The San Siro went dead after Rooney's brace. How else was the United fans' adulation of Beckham so audible. I'm more inclined to call it a fickle atmosphere when the fans only get behind their team when it's on the up. You only found your voices again after Seedorf's cheeky goal. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it took somebody else to tell me that Milan fans were good, such was the noise generated inside OT for the duration of the game, and that wasn't only anti-Glazer chants when the ball went out of play.

You're also going to try and claim passion? Again, cut the bullshit. You make it sound like you have a method for measuring passion, whilst in all honesty it's nothing but a blinkered opinion.
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 17:19   #2605
HeroMaldini
AC Milan Legend
 
HeroMaldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
Don't talk shit. The San Siro went dead after Rooney's brace. How else was the United fans' adulation of Beckham so audible. I'm more inclined to call it a fickle atmosphere when the fans only get behind their team when it's on the up. You only found your voices again after Seedorf's cheeky goal. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it took somebody else to tell me that Milan fans were good, such was the noise generated inside OT for the duration of the game, and that wasn't only anti-Glazer chants when the ball went out of play.

You're also going to try and claim passion? Again, cut the bullshit. You make it sound like you have a method for measuring passion, whilst in all honesty it's nothing but a blinkered opinion.

sorry dude but there was no comparisson between the two legs, hardly heard the united fans once during the whole 1st leg cos dey wer fucked up onto the 3rd tier on row z, plus they wer all probably too drunk to sing (happens alot with english fans) actually after uniteds 3rd goal immeditally afterwards the Curva Sud started up a chant straight away which i thought was pretty cool. and alex ferguson said in an interview afterwards that he never heard the like of the sheer voulme of noise in a football stadium as the San Siro that night.. i can dig the interview out for you if ya like :-)

old trafford was a let down in that aspect, me and my mates (who are united fans) wer really lukn fwd to it but dey was no real singing of note except a couple of chants here and there. i duno what ye are gona do when the Glaziers go cos ye will hav nothing to sing about!! but seriously, whats the story with not having any choregraphy, or any flags or banners etc u see in anfield etc.!!? wasnt impressed at all. the stadium looks very small from the outside too
HeroMaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 17:35   #2606
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor379 View Post
sorry dude but there was no comparisson between the two legs, hardly heard the united fans once during the whole 1st leg cos dey wer fucked up onto the 3rd tier on row z, plus they wer all probably too drunk to sing (happens alot with english fans) actually after uniteds 3rd goal immeditally afterwards the Curva Sud started up a chant straight away which i thought was pretty cool. and alex ferguson said in an interview afterwards that he never heard the like of the sheer voulme of noise in a football stadium as the San Siro that night.. i can dig the interview out for you if ya like :-)

old trafford was a let down in that aspect, me and my mates (who are united fans) wer really lukn fwd to it but dey was no real singing of note except a couple of chants here and there. i duno what ye are gona do when the Glaziers go cos ye will hav nothing to sing about!! but seriously, whats the story with not having any choregraphy, or any flags or banners etc u see in anfield etc.!!? wasnt impressed at all. the stadium looks very small from the outside too
You don't need to apologise to me. I know you're wrong.

Didn't you read my initial reply? No need to dig any interview out. Alex Ferguson praised your atmosphere, sure, but that doesn't mean much in the context of this argument. It was good when you were completely dominating in the first half, however, what happened after Rooney's brace? What, one chant? That must be tantamount to the cry of "United! United!" that goes up whenever the opposition scores at OT. Don't pat yourself on the back for that.

As for choreography, what's the big deal about it? We're nothing like Liverpool, ergo we don't aspire to do anything they do. In fact, I'd feel sick if I saw the Stretford End breaking out large flags and banners to try and replicate any atmosphere from Anfield, which is probably why United fans have resisted adopting the culture. The Scousers can keep their ostentatious, self-indulgent displays. I'm content with the subtle cultural references that adorn the Stretford End, as well as the tributes to events and players from our history.

I anticipate another response littered with generalizations and misconceptions.
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 17:50   #2607
naive_harry
AC Milan Legend
 
naive_harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: India
Fav. Players: Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
Default

^^^ Why do not you just let this thread die, fuck off...
naive_harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 17:57   #2608
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naive_harry View Post
^^^ Why do not you just let this thread die, fuck off...
1. As much as you'd like it, my name isn't "fuck off".

2. It was dying. Somebody happened to resuscitate it with an opinion that was always likely to invoke my opposition.

3. Hello.
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:26   #2609
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Trolling at Milan forums = quality time on Saturday?


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:30   #2610
HeroMaldini
AC Milan Legend
 
HeroMaldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
You don't need to apologise to me. I know you're wrong.

Didn't you read my initial reply? No need to dig any interview out. Alex Ferguson praised your atmosphere, sure, but that doesn't mean much in the context of this argument. It was good when you were completely dominating in the first half, however, what happened after Rooney's brace? What, one chant? That must be tantamount to the cry of "United! United!" that goes up whenever the opposition scores at OT. Don't pat yourself on the back for that.

As for choreography, what's the big deal about it? We're nothing like Liverpool, ergo we don't aspire to do anything they do. In fact, I'd feel sick if I saw the Stretford End breaking out large flags and banners to try and replicate any atmosphere from Anfield, which is probably why United fans have resisted adopting the culture. The Scousers can keep their ostentatious, self-indulgent displays. I'm content with the subtle cultural references that adorn the Stretford End, as well as the tributes to events and players from our history.

I anticipate another response littered with generalizations and misconceptions.
your ground is referred to the country over as "the graveyard" it lacks such atmosphere or passion from its "fans"

and a few years ago your fans were nick named "the prawn sandwich brigade" by Roy Keane, one of the biggest legends and most successful captains to ever wear the united jersey.

so no "generalisations" or "misconceptions" about it, im simply stating facts.

i feel there is no need to add any more to this argument..but im sure you'll come back with some more dribble to try to convince yourself your right.

but ur wrong and u know it..
HeroMaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:32   #2611
HeroMaldini
AC Milan Legend
 
HeroMaldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
1. As much as you'd like it, my name isn't "fuck off".

2. It was dying. Somebody happened to resuscitate it with an opinion that was always likely to invoke my opposition.

3. Hello.

oh yea and what are you-a 10 year old kid or sumthin ^^^
HeroMaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:46   #2612
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor379 View Post
your ground is referred to the country over as "the graveyard" it lacks such atmosphere or passion from its "fans"

and a few years ago your fans were nick named "the prawn sandwich brigade" by one of the biggest legends and most successful captains to ever wear the united jersey.

so no "generalisations" or "misconceptions" about it, im simply stating facts.

i feel there is no need to add any more to this argument..but im sure you'll come back with some more dribble to try to convince yourself your right.

but ur wrong and u know it..
Yes, here I am to counter your misguided assertions. What, you think pre-empting my response is going to prevent it? It didn't work on you. Why would it work on me.

The graveyard? I'd honestly like the opinions of the two resident United fans on this one... I've never heard OT referred to as "the graveyard" once, not even from City fans. And they're notorious for using anything in their arsenal to get at United fans. The only childish nickname I've known to be given to a football ground was "Highbury the library". You have an awful tendency to make things up.

Moving onto the prawn sandwich brigade... you do realise he was only talking about a small proportion of United fans, right? Right? Seeing as youíre wrong, obviously you donít. Keane's damning verdict was levelled at those fans that can be found in the corporate boxes, gorging on their prawn sandwiches. Do you honestly believe that he'd criticise fans in a part of the ground such as the Stretford End? You've completely misinterpreted his criticism, although that doesn't surprise me one bit.

Any more "facts" you want me to disprove? I should hope not. You're beginning to sound like the Fat Spanish Waiter.
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:47   #2613
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor379 View Post
oh yea and what are you-a 10 year old kid or sumthin ^^^
oh yea and what are you-a 10 year old kid or sumthin ^^^
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:48   #2614
Congo Powers
sempre grintuso
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9
Default

jasper..close thread?
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 18:50   #2615
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy
 
KujaIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf
Default

that would solve so many problems
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 19:08   #2616
HeroMaldini
AC Milan Legend
 
HeroMaldini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
Default

"Outside of the Stretford End it's always been largely a graveyard. You're not allowed to stand, and if you cheer you get people throwing awful looks at you. That's how it is with many non-season ticket holders. This isn't a slant against fans in general you understand, but tickets are hard to come by and there are people from all over the world trying to get them. Consistency is hard to achieve when you have such a large fanbase. I'd like for more to be done, and last night wasn't very good considering OT is usually pretty noisy for European fixtures, but there are no viable solutions. It's not like it's a recent problem anyway, we've won titles with some miserable people in the crowd for a number of years. It could be much worse, they could be booing at full-time because the team didn't hammer the opposition 8-0 like the Santiago Bernabeu faithful tend to do."

"I was at the game last night, we have seats in Stretford End, tier 2, and have to admit that last night was ther worst atmosphere i can remember, especially for a european game. It doesnot help that even in Stretford End there are always several different songs being song at the same time and only occassionally does everyone sing from the same songbook."

"ill agree on that the atmosphere was terrible in the east the only noise i could hear was the stretford even that were the normal"

BOOM!!! just a few quotes from your very own hard core fans in their fan forum. heres the link for you to enjoy the rest of the posts bashing the "grave yard-like" atmosphere in old trafford. http://community.manutd.com/forums/t...px?PageIndex=3

oh and not forgetting the interview with your captain fantastic..here it is:

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it." http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2.../sport.comment

again there is clearly no need for me to add any more to this "argument" but feel free to make another attempt at a come back, i could do with another little laugh

enjoy the links buddy!
HeroMaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 19:28   #2617
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

pwned+owned


Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 19:28   #2618
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor379 View Post
"Outside of the Stretford End it's always been largely a graveyard. You're not allowed to stand, and if you cheer you get people throwing awful looks at you. That's how it is with many non-season ticket holders. This isn't a slant against fans in general you understand, but tickets are hard to come by and there are people from all over the world trying to get them. Consistency is hard to achieve when you have such a large fanbase. I'd like for more to be done, and last night wasn't very good considering OT is usually pretty noisy for European fixtures, but there are no viable solutions. It's not like it's a recent problem anyway, we've won titles with some miserable people in the crowd for a number of years. It could be much worse, they could be booing at full-time because the team didn't hammer the opposition 8-0 like the Santiago Bernabeu faithful tend to do."

"I was at the game last night, we have seats in Stretford End, tier 2, and have to admit that last night was ther worst atmosphere i can remember, especially for a european game. It doesnot help that even in Stretford End there are always several different songs being song at the same time and only occassionally does everyone sing from the same songbook."

"ill agree on that the atmosphere was terrible in the east the only noise i could hear was the stretford even that were the normal"

BOOM!!! just a few quotes from your very own hard core fans in their fan forum. heres the link for you to enjoy the rest of the posts bashing the "grave yard-like" atmosphere in old trafford. http://community.manutd.com/forums/t...px?PageIndex=3

oh and not forgetting the interview with your captain fantastic..here it is:

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it." http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2.../sport.comment

again there is clearly no need for me to add any more to this "argument" but feel free to make another attempt at a come back, i could do with another little laugh

enjoy the links buddy!
Eh?! One fan's condemnation of the Old Trafford atmosphere by labelling it a "graveyard" adds weight to your claim? Hold up...

"your ground is referred to the country over as "the graveyard" it lacks such atmosphere or passion from its "fans"

Wow, the country over, huh? Put the glue down. By that standard, I could find one random quote - one with no authority - that condemns the San Siro atmosphere, but that's just ridiculous. You've tried to pass off the nickname as a common derision from opposition fans, whilst that isn't the case. Way to flat out lie.

Anyway, didn't I admit that the atmosphere for the average league game was nothing special? The same is applicable to the group stage of the Champions League, nobody is contesting that. It's shit... where's the argument? This brings into question your determination to prove something by bringing up the Keane quote. Are we talking about the Dynamo game here? An average league game? Was the initial argument anything to do with the average atmosphere at Old Trafford? No. You've wandered so far off topic that you're lost. Discussing the atmosphere from a group game doesn't substantiate your claims about that night, does it? Silly boy.
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 19:35   #2619
OneUnited
1878
 
OneUnited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
pwned+owned
"Location: europe"

Derrr... derrrrr... maybe dey dont no where i live so i narrow it down... derr
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 19:37   #2620
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUnited View Post
"Location: europe"

Derrr... derrrrr... maybe dey dont no where i live so i narrow it down... derr
if ur that curious its lucan dublin, ireland. doesnt change the fact that u were owned


Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.