Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Who is their DM? motta?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Italy hasnt had a DM since Prandelli took over. De Rossi and Pirlo both share playmaking responsibilities and stay deep.

Anyhow, the future is here. Hachim Mastour :eek:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Italy hasnt had a DM since Prandelli took over. De Rossi and Pirlo both share playmaking responsibilities and stay deep.

Anyhow, the future is here. Hachim Mastour :eek:

conservative shittalians.... why isn't he on national team already. He's 14 ffs

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Lippi a fan of genial Giovinco
By Football Italia staff

Italian World Cup winning boss Marcello Lippi is a fan of Juventus critic-splitter Sebastian Giovinco.

“I see Giovinco as a phenomenon, he’s brilliant,” the 64-year-old told ********** on Tuesday. “He’s the kind of player that all teams need.

“Even when he doesn’t score a goal, Giovinco is always able to invent something for the team,” Lippi maintained.

Giovinco has been placed under the spotlight this season after he returned to Juventus following two seasons at Parma.

The 25-year-old is Juventus’ joint top scorer in the League with three goals in six games, but he’s not been able to shine in the Champions League or for Italy.

Giovinco could be used as a substitute in tonight’s World Cup qualifier versus Denmark, before this weekend’s Juventus-Napoli tie.

“The League table at the moment is speaking clearly,” the Guangzhou Evergrande Coach continued. “Juventus-Napoli is the real big match.

“I like the project which is in place in Naples.

“Juventus give the impression that they have that something extra, but Napoli are not that far away.”

The Azzurri’s main threat at the Juventus Stadium is likely to be Uruguayan international striker Edinson Cavani.

“How do you stop Cavani? I’ll leave that question to Juventus boss Antonio Conte,” he smiled. “He’s an atypical bomber, he moves around a lot and then he suddenly attacks you.”

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Napoli’s Christian Maggio has been allowed to leave Italy’s training camp to attend the birth of his first child.

The right-back, who played in the 3-1 win over Armenia on Friday, has returned to Naples to be by his wife’s side.

It’s unclear whether the player will return to the Azzurri set-up in time for Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier against Denmark.

It’s understood that boss Cesare Prandelli was set to replace him with Milan’s Ignazio Abate for tomorrow’s tie anyway.

:cool:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Prandelli: 'Balotelli not risky'
By Football Italia staff

Cesare Prandelli replies to criticism ahead of Italy’s World Cup qualifier with Denmark and gives advice to Mario Balotelli. “We are trying to help him, but he has to walk alone.”

The Manchester City striker is set to make his first Azzurri appearance since the Euro 2012 Final this evening.

“Is it wrong to keep risking with Balotelli? There’s no risk,” assured the Coach on RAI Sport.

“We are only trying to help this lad who has great talent, but then he has to walk alone and I think he is capable of doing it.

“This is a squad that wants to grow and work on the details. This is very comforting. History teaches us there are always going to be difficulties, but the lads want to improve and work in training on becoming a team.”

Italy’s 3-1 win in Armenia on Friday saw Prandelli respond angrily to criticism from the media.

“Criticism doesn’t hurt me. It’s just that kind of superficial judgment that I don’t like in general. It shows a lack of respect to pass judgment so easily from a distance, focusing on replays and highlights rather than the flow of the football.

“It’s as if they are insulting you personally. Am I like Marcello Lippi in that sense? I hope so, seeing as he won the World Cup! I would be proud to be compared to Lippi.”

Italy are top of their group and welcome Denmark to San Siro in Milan this evening.

“Winning tonight would mean another three points on the tally and a sense of consistency. I am convinced our group is very balanced and I’m very confident ahead of tonight’s game.”

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
ITALY vs. DENMARK

-----------------DE SANCTIS--------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
ABATE---BARZAGLI---CHIELLINI----BALZARETTI
---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------PIRLO---------------------------
----MARCHISIO--------------DE ROSSI------------
------------------MONTOLIVO---------------------
------------------------------------------------------
------------OSVALDO------BALOTELLI---------------

----------------------BENDTNER--------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
--KROHN-DEHLI--------------------------ROMMEDAHL
----------------ERIKSEN---KVIST---JACOBSON---------
--------------------------------------------------------------
POULSEN------AGGER-----KJAER--------STOCKHOLM
---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------ANDERSEN-------------------------

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wrong thread

Last edited:

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
Montolivo great shooting today.

De Rossi as usual great headers, all over the field. Great in the Box2Box role.

Abate:fp: this guy with all his speed can't beat a snail to get a cross off.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good game so far. Italy and Denmark keep alternating in possession and dangerous situations. When Demark was near the goal, Italy scored 2 and it looked like it was game over; however, at the last seconds of first half, Italy fell asleep and Denmark scored. It is going to be an interesting second half. IMHO, Abate is better than Maggio; however, it is a slight advantage.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Pirlo does it again

Abate does not deserve a call up to the Azzurri he really looks out of place there.

Montolivo does, and great stuff from Balotelli.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Great result for the Azzurri. It was amazing how a workmanlike team such as Denmark showed so much hustle, but Italy stuck together and played their own positive brand of football. The commentator was saying Pirlo was pretty much having a forgettable day but it showed his class that he still ended up with two assists.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
El Shaarawy targets Brazil 2014
By Football Italia staff

Milan sensation Stephan El Shaarawy wants to become a major player for club and country. “The World Cup is my objective.”

El Shaarawy has made a stunning start to the season and he was selected by Azzurri boss Cesare Prandelli for the recent Brazil 2014 qualifiers.

“My objective is the World Cup, but there is the Under-21 European Championship before that,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “That’s important to me too.

“I’m very grateful to Prandelli for throwing me in at such a delicate moment.

“I just want to play as much as possible for Milan and hopefully get into double figures for goals in the League and at least 15 overall this season.”

El Shaarawy, who will be 20 tomorrow, has scored six goals in 11 games for a stuttering Rossoneri outfit this term.

“At this moment in time, we have to stay united and alongside Coach Massimiliano Allegri,” he explained.

“We are all with him, we were at the start and we’ll continue to stand by him. That is all that counts right now.”

Milan have lost their last three games in all competitions. “I know it will be hard to believe, but everyone is very calm within the squad.

“The Coach is hopeful, the squad too, and we’ll get out of this. We know that we are a good squad and certainly not one who should be third from bottom in the table.

“Allegri is a Coach who has always had faith in me, even after the first few games when I didn’t deliver. He’s looked after me perfectly over the last year and a half.”

He was also asked about his preferred position. “A formation with three strikers, where I can play wide. The important thing is to be on the left.”

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Prandelli nominated for award
By Football Italia staff

Italy national team boss Cesare Prandelli has been named in a 10-man shortlist for FIFA's Coach of the Year award.

The former Fiorentina man has been nominated alongside fellow compatriots Roberto Di Matteo and Roberto Mancini for the prestigious annual award.

Italy, with three, have the joint-most nominees alongside Germany, with Jupp Heynckes and Jurgen Klopp representing the Bundesliga – Joachim Low is also on the list having guided the German national team to the final of Euro 2012.

Favourite to lift the trophy is Vicente Del Bosque, as he led Spain to their third consecutive tournament winning in Poland and Ukraine this summer.

Full 10-man list:

Vicente Del Bosque (SPA/ Spain NT), Roberto Di Matteo (ITA/Chelsea), Sir Alex Ferguson (SCO/ Manchester United), Pep Guardiola (SPA/ Barcelona), Jupp Heynckes (GER/ Bayern Munich), Jurgen Klopp (GER/ Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Low (GER/ Germany NT), Roberto Mancini (ITA/ Manchester City), Jose Mourinho (POR/ Real Madrid), Cesare Prandelli (ITA/ Italy NT)

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Prandelli 'proud' of Italy reputation
By Football Italia staff

Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli spoke about how “proud” he is to have changed the perception of calcio abroad with Euro 2012 and comments on Marco Verratti’s progress.

“I am proud to be told Italy have a quality of football rarely seen before, especially when said by people who analyse the statistics,” he told French site Zonemixte.fr.

“In Italy we are still so tied to the result, but we sent out a significant message that we can achieve a result via good football.

“We tried to give emotional moments and sensations to our fans and they appreciated that, even after losing the Final. Obviously, we play to win.”

The Azzurri are dominating their World Cup qualifying group, top with 10 points compared to Bulgaria’s six and the Czech Republic on three.

“Anyone who wears this jersey must not only have responsibility, but also feel proud and represent a model for all the kids who dream of the Azzurri shirt.

“We have done well to speed up the project, but now need to focus on qualification and not take it for granted. We’ve got to improve in terms of performances, as football is in a state of constant evolution.

“There are different expectations now, as it’s not enough to create 15 scoring opportunities – people want three goals per game too. The way of seeing this team has changed radically, as if we are already the finished product.”

Prandelli was asked about his tactical experiments and building on the midfield foundations set by the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio and Daniele De Rossi.

“A Coach must design a tactical system based on the players at his disposal. One cannot be rigid in these matters and ignore the characteristics of his squad. Our talent has been working with different tactical systems and that meant the players had fewer difficulties when the time came to change.

“When we started this adventure two years ago, we realised Italy had a very strong midfield and on top of those three had someone like Thiago Motta or Riccardo Montolivo. This is why we tried to build around that area of the side. We have many attacking midfielders who don’t give reference points.”

Verratti has quickly become a star in France with PSG, but rarely steps on to the field for the senior Italy side.

“The strange thing is that we’re happy no Italian clubs signed him, because that way the lad can gain international experience in France and the Champions League,” confessed Prandelli.

“He is a talent who perhaps should’ve been protected and dealt with differently. I am happy for him, as he has great character for someone so young. He can become one of the best midfielders in Europe, but he needs international experience first.

“Thiago Motta had a great Euro 2012 and some fitness problems, but right now I want to understand if there are other players ready for that role for the next two years.”

Prandelli started with De Rossi and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo after they were frozen out by Roma Coach Zdenek Zeman for not putting enough effort in, prompting both to provide performances and find the net.

“We often try to prick the pride of players to get the best out of them. They arrived ‘wounded’ and proved they were professionals, because Zeman levelled serious accusations at them.”

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (PSG), Emiliano Viviano (Fiorentina);

Davide Astori (Cagliari), Federico Balzaretti (Roma), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Federico Peluso (Atalanta), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Davide Santon (Newcastle United);

Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Emanuele Giaccherini (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Marco Verratti (PSG);

Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Mattia Destro (Roma), Stephan El Shaarawy (Milan), Sebastian Giovinco (Juventus), Pablo Osvaldo (Roma).

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
italy should set up the 433 like this

-Abate-Chiellini-Barz-Balz-
------Pirlo---De Rossi----
----------Monto----------
-RW---------------El Sha-
--------Balotelli-----------

A right sided El Shaarawy would be great