Leonardo Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Milan vice president Adriano Galliani is locked in the Milanello dressing room with coach Leonardo and the players, reflecting on a poor start to the season.

According to La Repubblica, the club dignitary arrived at the training ground at 10:50CET, just ten minutes before the first training session was set to start.

Galliani is there to give a speech following the 1-0 loss to Zurich in the Champions League.

It is said the club's hierarchy are not impressed with the recent form of the team.

Galliani is expected to show faith in Leonardo, who has come under much scrutiny from the local media in Milan.

The Italian bigwig will try to stimulate the players in an attempt to get a reaction ahead of the Serie A clash with Atalanta on Sunday.

www.goal.com

ehhummmphhh.......

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tassoti is already our coach dont you get it !

yeah, the only thing we have done differently is, well nothing really, this team still smells of carlo and i believe that it is tassoti running the show now, leo is just a figurehead

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
In case we get a new coach, I hope we don't lose Leo complitely. This is one of the things I was affraid off

100% agreed, I remember having this discussion with you before Leo became coach. I think we were both against it for various reasons... one of which is currently happening. Leonardo is a priceless talent scout, he brought us both Kaka and Pato, and if we leave on bad terms with him and don't offer him his old job back he may be bitter and go somewhere else... once again fucking us over. I didn't want Leo in the first place because of too many possible problems, and now we may have to deal with the repercussions. To be honest this really isn't Leo's fault, but I don't think he's a proper coach anyways. We need a person who commands respect. I know the forum will absolutely hate me for this... but we should get Roberto Mancini, he left on incredibly bad terms with Inter and Moratti. He's a great coach, commands respect, and he will want to show Inter how good he is by rubbing it in their faces for letting him go for no reason.

Next on my list would be Gasperini... this guy has made Genoa into a top team in Serie A with no intention of slowing down. His transfers are genius, he gets quality players for good prices and he plays a great brand of football... this guy is a GREAT manager... he's my #1 choice.

Then comes Spaletti, then MVB, then Delio Rossi.

Felix_Abbá

Ma Vieni!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, J.P Papin, Costacurta, Barasi, R. Baggio, Albertini, Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo,Pato, R80
lol, why would they want that??

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MVB dismissed, confirmed by mediaset

Reasons:
Not enough experience..............FALSE
Not good enough results...........FALSE
Costs to much........................TRUE

SEEEEEEEEEEEELLL THEEEEEEEEE CLUUUUUUBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
the issue isnt keeping veterans that have performed for us... its not signing players to replace them when they start to decline...

exactly. But some veterans of Milan feel like they were the owner of the club.

We all know that they have little groups in there.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I like to see Leo back as director.

And Van Basten in. For sure he'll put some fast guys in the team.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
pondering. Is Berlu up to something or is so high to even notice?

I don't think Berlu did this without thinking, just watch many of the reactions in this forum and in other forums, people are blaming Leonardo a lot, and there's people convinced that we would be rocking the world with another coach. He knew that somehow it was a scapegoating, and some people were going to be more worried about a new coach than targeting him. And Leo's personality + work with the management, just induce people to believe his a "yes man" type, so he gets blamed.

And MVB's results as a coach aren't that flattering to be honest. If Leonardo leaves, I'm awaiting for someone with the experience to handle crisis, or teams that might fight for lower places and that have to reach the 40 points + he has to have some balls + NO ONE from the house. Currently thinking of Mazzone.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka and Leo make clear that.. Milan will not have much investment for the next 2 seasons..

Leo accept the job with a stronge push of Kaka.. 1 week after, the board 'invited' Kaka to leave, Sr KakaSr.. said "they want sell you, go make you life in other place and let them with the money, dont burn your head out because of this".

Then the next morning Leo wakes up.. read the paper and said, "I screwed".

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i also thing a large reason leo was hired was to 'rehabilitate' ronaldinho. We heard it before. He had good relations with him, obviously saw the talent in ronster.

Hows that for a first job. Take of a club with unrealistic expectations, with an aging roster, sold there best player, minimal investment and you must rehab a falling star who prefers nightlight to training

Reaction score
Sorry but this is spamming and I hope you got the warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hows that for a first job. Take of a club with unrealistic expectations, with an aging roster, sold there best player, minimal investment and you must rehab a falling star who prefers nightlight to training
Well, he took the job and i guess he thought about it long and deep. Its not like he didnt know what he's going into and what he's getting (ok, this one might be a bit tricky with some promised but not delivered players). Now he must answer for his actions, just like any coach would have to in his position.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, we all know the problem is at the top with Berlu. But let's be realistic, even that mediocre team should be playing better at this point of the season. Leonardo made nothing out of them. The worst attack I have ever seen in this club, and the strikers are not that bad. The team has no tatical organization, you can't recognize a team from one game to another. And as for the defence, how many goals we conceded from set pieces and corners? Thats a typical problem that coach/training is responsible.

He needs more time, I know. But he has to improve this team, otherwise the arrival of a new coach will be necessary.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I don't think Berlu did this without thinking, just watch many of the reactions in this forum and in other forums, people are blaming Leonardo a lot, and there's people convinced that we would be rocking the world with another coach. He knew that somehow it was a scapegoating, and some people were going to be more worried about a new coach than targeting him. And Leo's personality + work with the management, just induce people to believe his a "yes man" type, so he gets blamed.

And MVB's results as a coach aren't that flattering to be honest. If Leonardo leaves, I'm awaiting for someone with the experience to handle crisis, or teams that might fight for lower places and that have to reach the 40 points + he has to have some balls + NO ONE from the house. Currently thinking of Mazzone.
I think the fans would accept Milan losing to better teams on paper. We know who they are, and we know they are better than us. But the simple fact of the matter is that Zurich isn't one of them. Its a team of very little quality, and they managed to beat us in the San Siro with that little quality. Personally, I hold Leo responsible for this, as we were very disorganized and are currently playing way less than the some of our talents as a result.

But the bigger picture, as everyone knows, is Berlu. He put Leo in charge in the first place, so is responsible for Leo's shortcomings, in addition to Galliani's mismanagement and ultimately Milan's policies which have gotten us into this shit in the first place. What he ought to do is hire a qualified person as president + let him run the club without any interference. Whats fucked up is him trying to make Milan financially independent (without investment from him) + still follow his visions and dreams. If he's not investing, then at least let the club run on its own without any Dinho fantasies please ...

A coach outside the "family" is what we need ... but we know it will never happen, at least in the foreseeable future.
i also thing a large reason leo was hired was to 'rehabilitate' ronaldinho. We heard it before. He had good relations with him, obviously saw the talent in ronster.
I don't know how good those relations are, given the amount of bench time Dinho's been seeing. It is quickly becoming evident that Leo isn't such a fan. More than anything, benching Dinho is putting his job at risk.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
anyway, I think it's madness to sack the manager after such a short period of time... I could understand it a little bit more if he had a squad with quality... But our "biggest star" Ronaldinho doesn't perform and that's just one of our many problems a new coach can't fix, if you really think about it Nesta is the only player in our squad that performs with world class quality, that's madness for a club of our calibre, only having one quality player... Give Leo the players he want and then make a decision...

I'm in full support of the coach!

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
anyway, I think it's madness to sack the manager after such a short period of time... I could understand it a little bit more if he had a squad with quality... But our "biggest star" Ronaldinho doesn't perform and that's just one of our many problems a new coach can't fix, if you really think about it Nesta is the only player in our squad that performs with world class quality, that's madness for a club of our calibre, only having one quality player... Give Leo the players he want and then make a decision...

i agree with wot u r sayin but i feel we still have decent quality especially to beat zurich, bari and livorno etc. the players r simply not bothered and this is where leo has to take charge and whoop some ass and get them in line. u can tell he has no authority an the players are doin wot they want. leo is too nice. no matter how much time we give him and with say 3 new players we still wont do anythin.

the only reason leo was brought in was to keep the wage budget down. after carlo left all berlisconi has done is savin from carlos wages and leo still gettin wot he was earnin b4 maybe a little more. berlisconi was too stingy to go out and pay for a proven good coach.

only way to see if leo is a good coach is if he was at another team, at milan he already friends with every1 this is not good because he too nice but as a tactition he is wack and with him bein a attackin player u would think he would bring more ideas in trainin for goin forward during games. i wonder wot we actually do in trainin cos it dont work on the pitch

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

I agree with you. And I think that's its unfair that for our crisis they blame Leonardo.
He wanted Dzeko, Cissoko, Luis Fabiano. He got noone. He got Hunt and Gooch.
I fully support the guy.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he is coaching allot of the players he used to play with. and because of this he is finding it hard to be their boss. he wants to be their friend. and so far being a friend is not wot Milan need. they need someone hard. someone not afraid to drop our best players if they fuck up in training. he has the right ideas. give him the players and maybe he will do something. Ciro Ferrara is coaching only 2 players he used to play with. gigi and del piero. he is defs never gonna drop gigi but is not afraid to bench del pieo. Leo must forget about being their friend
and start being their boss....

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he is coaching allot of the players he used to play with. and because of this he is finding it hard to be their boss. he wants to be their friend. and so far being a friend is not wot Milan need. they need someone hard. someone not afraid to drop our best players if they fuck up in training. he has the right ideas. give him the players and maybe he will do something. Ciro Ferrara is coaching only 2 players he used to play with. gigi and del piero. he is defs never gonna drop gigi but is not afraid to bench del pieo. Leo must forget about being their friend
and start being their boss....

carlo did that too but he still managed to succes, Leo's problem isnt that he's a good guy the problem is that he lacks xp

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta dello Sport

Milan fever – Bergamo decides
Van Basten in pole to replace Leonardo if the Rossoneri lose on Sunday against Atalanta. Filippo Galli is internal solution, Mazzarri an outsider

prima_pagina_grande.png

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You know B&G hire the coaches so they will just hire another "Yes man" that won't complain.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Gazzetta dello Sport

Van Basten in pole to replace Leonardo if the Rossoneri lose on Sunday against Atalanta. Filippo Galli is internal solution, Mazzarri an outsider

prima_pagina_grande.png

This is not What Our team look for at all (in this current time).

Changing the coach will not add any new prospect to the team at all; our players (The Old ones"Guards") do lack of long breath for compete in SA and CL; and some of them are really missed and do a really harm mistakes, because he is not dedicate in training neither respect the team or himself as first place for continue in improving and maintain the consistency in his level of work and training.

Milan has problem in AM and in finalize the attacks sentences that if it's found.

It is a real sarcasm here:-

We have a player Like R80 that he used to be one of the best player who create chances and threating any opposite team; but now he is barely show 15% of his scales and abilities due for lacking the motivations and dedicate in his training and working as part of the team.

We have best Finisher in the World as (Pippo and Huntelaar) that they need to be really supported by the team (Despite for the Game we had with FCZ in CL). Pippo is Pippo; he is 36 years old approximately and he did lot for Milan, we need not to let him handle all the game on his back at all.

For Hunt; he need to be trusted and gave more support by th Team and Leo, he is one of the Icon in finalize any attack chance; so he need to make more training with team and find way to figure out the harmony with the team.

I ask from Leo to just include the young players like (Di Gennaro, Boriello, Zigoni, Strasser, Antonini, and Abate)"When They are cleared from any injuries" those are the future of the Milan, and certainly the team need new blood to be pumped in the field; if this is not the suitable time to let them contribute with team and get experience and take their best from them, when we will use them so?

Leo must find an equalizer format for squad and let them get used with changes of each game.

I trust Leo; in this period he will let us stand on our feats again, and he will bring up the positive result and good view of our team; he just need time and additional players to execute what in his mind.

Let us just Support the Coach and wish the best for our team.
of those

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
WE MUST CHANGE SOMETHING
10/1/2009 12:23:00 AM

According to coach Leonardo, this Milan side is in great difficulty and must find the strength to change, to correct specific characteristics and transform them in new strengths. Will and desire are not lacking.

Following the defeat against Zurich, Leonardo commented the negative moment of the squad: “It’s a complicated moment, there are many difficulties, no doubt about it. Conceding a goal after nine minutes did not help us, it put us in frenzy, we found it difficult to manage the ball. In the second half we tried to find the equalizer in an unorganized way. We did create, but without much order. In the set-pieces we suffer too much, we’re a team made to hurt, but today we need other things. We don’t cover the pitch well, we find it difficult psychologically and physically, and with the type of players we have, we cannot change much. We play a tactical setup made for the players we have, we must change and find new solutions. The team has the will but it fails, this is the problems, we must find alternatives to be more solid and competitive. Nesta played all the games, he always pushed forward and today he was very tired. Ronaldinho? He’s coming in well in the games, he changed. Now we must prepare ourselves at our best for the clash against Atalanta, a team who is similar to Bari in certain ways, they deserve great attention.”

Reaction score
Gazzetta dello Sport

prima_pagina_grande.png

Where did you find this front?

Schedule