Stephan El Shaarawy Thread

ROSSONERI 4LIFE

Tu 6 tutta la mia vita
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, TSilva, Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Sheva, Pippo, Pato, Ibra, Ganso
His finish is better than Robinho.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Wen is this gonna be official

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
His finish is better than Robinho.

That's not saying much, really.. (Also finishing always looks great in youtube videos - Quaresma probably had great finishing in his vids..)

I like his pace primarily. Seems to be a handful inside the penalty box as well. Conceivably, a Zlatan-Pato pairing with this guy just behind can be explosive.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
I really dont believe he will be with us next season, our intentions are to keep him till the supercup, together with paloschi and then probably loan them.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
So just how good is AC Milan-bound teenage wonderkid Stephan El Shaarawy? Here's everything you need to know
The Rossoneri are set to spend €6m on half of the rights to the Italian youngster, even though he has just three Serie A appearances to his name. Goal.com looks at the rising star

Jun 16, 2011 12:00:00 PM

Italian champions AC Milan are on the verge of agreeing a co-ownership deal with Genoa for their rising star Stephan El Shaarawy, the 18-year-old attacker who took Serie B by storm in 2010-11 during his loan spell with play-off finalists Padova.

The Italian youngster, whose surname comes from his Egyptian heritage, has caused a stir at youth international level in his appearances from under-16 to under-19, and added regular senior football to his CV over the past season with the Biancorossi.

His performances have moved Milan to make an approach, and they are set to use El Shaarawy as a first-team squad member in 2011-12. It will be a huge step up for the player, giving him his first taste of football for a top level club. It shouldn't faze him too much though, given that he made his Serie A debut with Genoa when still just 16.

So for those Milan and Azzurri fans wondering exactly what all the fuss is about, and not knowing what to expect of El Shaarawy next season, we asked Goal.com Italy's Simone Gambino to give us the full rundown on the Savona-born player.

What has his performance level been like over the last season?

He was the best player in Serie B in 2010-11. Sky Sport Italia elected him the second-best young player of the season, behind Reggina midfielder Nicolas Viola. He played 30 matches in all competitions, scoring nine goals. His best display was against Varese in the semi-final return match of the playoff, scoring two goals, the first of which was an incredible shot from distance.

Padova got to the play-off final this year after being in the play-out last year, which speaks of good progress. How much of that was down to El Shaarawy?

He was one of the key players for Padova this year. He spent three months out with injury from October to January and when he returned to the pitch he was decisive in many games. In the play-off final he didn't shine as much and maybe this is why Padova did not reach Serie A, although he was replaced earlier in the second-leg due to a sending-off in defence.

He hasn't scored many goals for an attacker, why is that?

He's not a striker as such, but an offensive midfielder who loves to start on the left and cut inside to shoot with his right foot. He's a dribbler who will normally assist more than he scores, and let's be honest, nine goals for an 18-year-old is not a bad return.

He has played as a left attacker in Padova's 4-3-3/3-4-3 for most of this season. Where is his best position, and how might he fit into the Milan team?
He said a few days ago that he prefers to play starting as a left attacker and not as a central offensive midfielder because on the left side he has a better view of the game and doesn’t have to play with his back to goal. Milan don’t really cater for such a role in their 4-3-1-2, but Stephan will play as an offensive midfielder because Allegri thinks he has the physical and technical skills for this position.

Wouldn't he have been better off playing for Genoa for a year first given his lack of Serie A experience?

In my opinion he would have got many more minutes playing for Genoa, but Milan seem to believe in his qualities and Allegri is a coach who has the bravery to bet on young players.

Does he have any particular weaknesses?

He is still very young and he lacks experience. That is his main weakness. He also tends to try spectacular passes too often and sometimes overdoes it with his dribbling.

Which player would you say he reminds you most of?

He's been compared to Kaka and Hamsik for his speed and technique – and, in the case of the Slovakian, for his haircut! In my opinion he looks like a little Javier Pastore, due to his touch on the ball, even if he is quicker than the Palermo player.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...d-is-ac-milan-bound-teenage-wonderkid-stephan

:)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stephan will play as an offensive midfielder because Allegri thinks he has the physical and technical skills for this position.
Does that mean we're not getting Ganso?

Well, Hamsik & El Shaarawy would be fine too.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
Damn, I could've sworn this thread was in the Player's section before I went to sleep last night

I hope we land this kid.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Guy won't get a game, just like Didac Vila, Taber Viudez, Adyiah and the rest of the 'hopeful' youngsters never did. Please, this is Milan. Playing decent against youth sides or Serie B sides doesn't make you good enough. There is nothing special about this guy, Merkel looks much closer to a finished product than him and he should have built on last years experience, not sell him.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Guy won't get a game, just like Didac Vila, Taber Viudez, Adyiah and the rest of the 'hopeful' youngsters never did. Please, this is Milan. Playing decent against youth sides or Serie B sides doesn't make you good enough. There is nothing special about this guy, Merkel looks much closer to a finished product than him and he should have built on last years experience, not sell him.

i hope this year it turns to be different

and we didnt sell merkel

we co-owned him with genoa....if in the next couple of years he develops a lot and he is ready for milan we will buy him back

show some trust in stephan.....pato played his first game for us at the age of 18(or 19?)

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

First actually go watch a game of his, before spouting BS about there is nothing 'special' about him...

Allegri obviously isnt averse to using young players as we have already seen and unlike Merkel and Strasser, El Shaarawy has been playing regularly at a professional level. He is also a more finished product than either of those two...

Vila, Adiyah, Viudez were all fodder players. They are nowhere near to El Shaarawy's level. Otherwise we woudlnt have spent this much cash and effort on him if the only thing we were gonna do is let him rot on the bench...

Rick

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Marco van Basten
Does that mean we're not getting Ganso?

Well, Hamsik & El Shaarawy would be fine too.

Why would it have any effect whatsoever on a potential acquisition of Ganso? Milan certainly isn't going to put an 18-year-old in the starting lineup this year, no matter how talented he may be. The main obstacle to Ganso is the non-EU rule and El Shaarawy has no effect on that because he is Italian.

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Genoa's Sporting Director has confirmed that they have decided to take 48 hours to value and reflect on what's best for them and for El Shaarawy. Any decision will be made after that.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ma he was not hyped now ,he was great in primavera also ,he was voted best primavera player in 2009 where genoa won primavera champ.
and merkel is good player but belive me he is not near el shaarwiy now and you will see this when kid playes for us

Nothing to do with the price tag debate, but I believe his not actually someone that appeared in the last 1-2 weeks. We are already monitoring El Shaarawy since last season as far as I know (there's the news in the early part of the thread), he caught the eye after having a Serie A debut in the age of 16 and also carried Genoa's primavera team to win the scudetto, in the same year where we won the primavera Copa.
He was considered as one of the stars for the Italy u-17 in the 2009 u17 WC along with Carrarro and Fossati, apparently his improvement is better than the two at the moment as he already got called up in every Italy youth setup, u19, u20 and also u21.

Ok, it is fair enough. What I meant by hype actually how big clubs really link with him like Inter's offer of 10mil euros who according the news was rejected 1-2 weeks ago.

Btw thank you for the information. I hope he will be our future star especially he will continue our Italian blood (I opt for Italian player IF there are available quality players around).

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Genoa's Sporting Director has confirmed that they have decided to take 48 hours to value and reflect on what's best for them and for El Shaarawy. Any decision will be made after that.

Is it only to decide whether he goes to Geno, Milan or loaned to other club, right? I mean, the move for him (half of contract) has no problem at all (including price)? Thanks before.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
First actually go watch a game of his, before spouting BS about there is nothing 'special' about him...

Allegri obviously isnt averse to using young players as we have already seen and unlike Merkel and Strasser, El Shaarawy has been playing regularly at a professional level. He is also a more finished product than either of those two...

Vila, Adiyah, Viudez were all fodder players. They are nowhere near to El Shaarawy's level. Otherwise we woudlnt have spent this much cash and effort on him if the only thing we were gonna do is let him rot on the bench...

His price wonders me also. He seems not like Viudez, Aadiyah type of player (signing) even he got only 1 year experience playing in Serie B (I am still aware that Italian player usually costs more than non-Italian one).

Pity that no fan follows Padova (Serie B) regularly. A view from such fan should be more reliable.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Damn, I could've sworn this thread was in the Player's section before I went to sleep last night

I hope we land this kid.

same here. I remember seeing "official" in the title too.

I hope that it becomes officially official soon. :D

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
El Shaarawi - Il fatto che il Milan abbia parlato con noi non vuol dire che sia già un giocatore del Milan. Non dobbiamo parlare di numeri, ma di interesse: ci siamo pesi 48 ore per riflettere sulle varie situazioni di mercato e poi valuteremo quello che è giusto fare per noi e per il ragazzo. Le volontà si devono sposare con quelle del ragazzo, non abbiamo preso una decisione definitiva, tutto il resto sono cose dette ma non fatte.
Merkel - E´ un giocatore che a noi interessa, cerchiamo un centrocampista con quelle caratteristiche e abbiamo chiesto informazioni sul ragazzo che riempirebbe una casella che fino a ora ci manca. Abbiamo un presidente che ha sempre voglia di investire e che ha un modo di fare calcio prendendo giocatori che pensa di valorizzare qua.

El Shaarawi - The fact that Milan has spoken to us does not mean that it is already a Milan player. We should not talk about numbers, but of interest: we have 48 hours to reflect weights on the different market situations and then we will do what is right for us and for the boy. The intention is to marry with those of the boy, we have not made ​​a final decision, all the rest are things said but not done.

Merkel - It 'a player who interests us, we look for a midfielder with those features and we asked about the boy who would fill a box that we are missing until now. We have a president who always want to invest and that has a way of taking football players who plan to highlight here.

this is done deal to me

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idtmw=274796

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
so is this going to be a dual co-ownership deal? so both genoa and us will own half of Merkel and El Shaarawy? If so, it's a good thing because if one of them turns out to be great we will outbid Genoa for their full sig.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
still another day :fp: Genoa taking to long, just get it done :o

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never seen this guy but if we are giving up 1/2 of Merkel then he has to be pretty good

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I knew that hair reminded me of someone, similar hairstyle :D Hopefully similar technique too. [Other than Hamsik]

134166_news.jpg

nakata-hairstyle.jpg

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Moratti has just met Preziosi for El Shaarawi. Told ya guys this is far from done. Only at the initial meetings stage.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Never seen this guy but if we are giving up 1/2 of Merkel then he has to be pretty good

1/2 + Money

I don't know how good this guy is butt I'm affraid he won't get play time with us
Merkel is a good talent to, but didn't play much with us
so its a good thing to send him to Genoa, now its time he proves himself there

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
this deal is done under a gentleman agreement...come on ppl, we gave them merkel and we have a nice relationship with them...if he stays in genoa this yr, good for him...he will get tons of playing time and can develop more there than here