young talented players:rooney & van der vaart

Reaction score
Get Wayne Rooney and van der Vaart to replace pippo and serginho when they r getting old (maybe in 3 years). How is this?

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this post is put in the wrong forum... "Players"-forum is only for posts regarding actual and current Milan-players....

a suiting place for this topic would be "discussions" ...please think of these sort of things in the future.. ;)

keep it Milan... //Oz

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Well Van der Vaart is a stong possibility, but well have to wait & see.

Rooney isn't gonna happen.

I read a good point today that someone made (can't remember who), they said that England is always gonna have problems internationally because they never have there players play anywhere elsewhere, so they don't see other countries style and tatics. Hargreeves is the only one who plays elsewhere, and none of there young players ever leave.

I guess you could say the same thing for Italy, but the Italian league is much better then the EPL & latly a couple of young internationals have played elsewhere (ie. Della Bona and Coloccini).

I will leave it open, but this should just go in dream signings, I know how it goes when you put it there sometimes you don't get much of a responce.

Reaction score
Seamus said:
Well Van der Vaart is a stong possibility, but well have to wait & see.

Yesterday, I was told about an article where VdV supposedly expressed an interest in Milan and said discussions were ongoing. Personally I would have thought he would go to Barca along with Koeman, but you never know.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Seamus said:
I guess you could say the same thing for Italy, but the Italian league is much better then the EPL.....

First of all that´s all wrong. Just because you´re a fan of the Serie A and think it´s No. 1 (I do too) you should´nt fool yourself into thinking that it´s "a lot" better than the other top leagues, especially England and Spain. It kinda makes the whole argument look a bit stupid to me.

Second, Rooney really impressed me last night against Turkey. He actually played a LOT better than I expected. As for Van der Varht I totally agree that he should be a major target this summer. In a few years he could be among the very elite players in the world in my oppinion.

Forza Milan :devil:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Rooney, probably end up at Man U or someone..

Van der Vaart, hopefully ends up at Milan, we could use a Rivaldo-VDV swap if Riva doesnt step up his performances of late..

I think Andy Van der Meyde is also an exceptional young talent, also of Ajax. Having both the "vans" on our wings would be unbelievable (Vaart on left, Meyde on right). Theres Joaquin too who is another great right winger, plays for Betis.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I really-really-really hope Rooney can lead the Toffees into Europe this year or next. This way he will stay at that club as long as his career allows it. I do not want to see that youngster end up at Man U or any of these other Premiership powers.

It will be good to see If Rooney can return the Toffees to the elite status they possessed in the mid to late 80s....where they captured a few Premiership crowns.... :)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Vernetti said:
Seamus said:
I guess you could say the same thing for Italy, but the Italian league is much better then the EPL.....

First of all that´s all wrong. Just because you´re a fan of the Serie A and think it´s No. 1 (I do too) you should´nt fool yourself into thinking that it´s "a lot" better than the other top leagues, especially England and Spain. It kinda makes the whole argument look a bit stupid to me.

Did I say anything about Spain? Because at this point I think they are about the same. And I definatly think that the Seria A is better then the EPL, find me a ****** who dosen't. Unfortunatly, I watch 4 to 6 EPL matches a week, so I think I can make somewhat of a comment on the EPL. There is absolutly no style of play there (save for Arsenal and Man. U.), but almost every team there has the same philosphy (punt the ball up field and hope for the best). Even Liverpool, who I like a lot, don't look as good as a lot of Seria A teams. There is almost no style or defence in the EPL. I mean when Blanc is supposed to be one of the best defenders in the league, what is that? We all saw how much he sucked @ WC'02. Amazingly enuff most of the best players in the EPL are from other countries while in Seria A they're from Italy.

And anywhy was I even comparing the quality of the EPL to Seria A? No I wasn't - all I was saying is that players from England don't leave there and that's why they strugle so much internationaly. Did you actully read my post or just misuderstand it.

Lastly, if your gonna tell someone they are wrong, especially me, then why don't you make a point? All you did is say I am wrong, but offered nothing to prove why I am wrong and you are right. So you think Seria A is just kinda better then the EPL?

At least I can give reasons from my thoughs and not just make blanket statments that really don't make sence, now who's arguement looks stupid?

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
curvanordrotterdam said:
sheva07 said:
Get Wayne Rooney and van der Vaart to replace pippo and serginho when they r getting old (maybe in 3 years). How is this?
VAN DER VAART IS A GIPSY
Spoken like a true Feyenoord fan...

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I seriously doubtif Rooney will ever leave England. Vandervaart is a good possibility but the allure of Barça might be too great for him. He would be the number one young talent I would focus on...

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Van Der Vaart also has a spanish relative I believe as well.......not too mention Cruyff drooling all over him.......stage left? = Catalona

Reaction score
Seamus,

To say that every EPL team just punts the ball up field and hopes for the best with the exception of Arsenal & Man Utd is not entirely true. You can see some nice football played by a few other clubs, namely speaking Newcastle and Chelsea who have played some very nice football this season. Granted that there are a lot of of financially worse off teams in the EPL who just seem to be there to make up the numbers, but is this not like the Spainish League and Serie A? They too have their top 4 or 5 top wealthy clubs and there is generally there is this gap between them & the rest of the clubs. Whilst I agree with you that a problem with England not fairing well internationally is that English players will not go abroad, other problems are the number of good foreign players in the league resulting in a lot of young talent not getting regular games and the way our youngsters are coached with regard to skills and technique, fortunately this is gradually changing but I still feel that English players are generally not as skillful as players in other countries. Another problem is the attitude and professionalism of English players to the game, ie training diet etc, this is not as good as foreign players. But again this attitude is changing due to things like the influence of foreign players in the EPL - A contradiction in terms I know as seen as foreign players can delay young English talent coming through the ranks, but thats just one of those things.

John.

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ill say a few words for Wayne Rooney.

His team Everton, was intrested on signing JohnDal Tomasson from Milan, and the answer was imidiatly "Rooney".
So Milan asked for Rooney. He is sensational player, dont u see that when he takes the ball in the middle of field, he is capable of running till the end, extramly fast, and he is only 18.
England Coach called him, and he played 2 matches (or 1, im not sure) for national team.

He is goin to be a future star, but I dont know if he could fit in Serie A, Premiere League is diffrent, its open football, and Rooney can run the field, I think he ist able to do that in Italy for now, later....maybe yes.

Schedule