The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 14-04-2019, 11:08   #801
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

Bakayoko was awesome, he makes Lazio midfielders change their positions so much but to no effect.
Glad you enjoyed the match.

What were they trying to do? Move away from his area to avoid his challenge? His tackles seem really predictable from TV, like you know he's going for you but from so far away it's not likely for him to make it, but at least three or four times he got the tackle in and go the ball. I don't know why the Lazio players were afraid of him even more than they were. Was he keeping his eye on anyone specifically (Correa?) or was he just zonally protecting the middle area in front of the defense? Out of all the players who's the one that the most vocal in trying to get everyone in shape and making sure everything is tight? Is it just Gattuso? Usually I see Biglia doing this but i'm wondering if anyone else has this leader mentality. It doesn't show very well on TV.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 13:00   #802
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

both inter and atalanta are against relegation teams. interesting.
helloAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 13:18   #803
VooDooDoll
))<>((

why lazio people complain about sms-rr situation when rr kick the ball first?

Signature

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 13:47   #804
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Just call it the Hitchens effect.

3-0-0
Forza Hitchens and Necro!

Signature
One promise that always remains
No matter the price
A promise to survive
Persevere and thrive
As we've always done
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 14:28   #805
brk
AC Milan Legend

Fuck's sake, they might ban Kessie and Bakayoko for the shirt thing...
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 14:41   #806
doraemon
One and Only

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Fuck's sake, they might ban Kessie and Bakayoko for the shirt thing...
whos gonna ban them?
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 15:11   #807
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
Some things change.

Some, dont...
Mexes

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 15:22   #808
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Biglia helping Mexes

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 15:49   #809
joyrider
Il Moderati

So beautiful

https://youtu.be/bxC9hJZKYc0
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 16:10   #810
Congo Powers
sempre grintuso

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Identical reaction to the handball incident few mins earlier
Paolooooooo 😆
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 16:37   #811
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Time to write a match report.

Me and my brother went on a complete bender yesterday and drank from morning until night. We had planned to meet up with necro at a restaurant just before the game, but we managed to fuck up our subway transfer and ended up trying to get a taxi instead, managed to get to the stadium in time but were unable to meet necro unfortunately.

When we entered the arena we were weirdly waved into the wrong entrance, and ended up at the Curva Sud instead, but we were able to get into the right "zone" anyway. I had hyped the experience to no end for my brother and I told him to go into the stadium to get the feel while I fetched drinks. He displayed total apathy for the first 30 minutes, completely knocked out by the sheer size of San Siro and the general atmosphere

As for the game itself it's always very different to watch it live versus on the tv. It was always going to be a hard fought match, but I think we looked the stronger side even tho Lazio had some big chances. Big ups to Reina who I think played a perfect game. Love him. Kessie and Bakayoko were also dominant, and I liked Hakans performance as well.

It was so fucking epic the whole heaven-hell-heaven experience with the penalties. Completely bonkers to see live. In the end Kessie converted and the roof came off, and the last 15 minutes were terrifying. We had to win and everyone knew it, and we managed it. Had a great time with the people who sat around us and it really felt as if we had won the game from the stands.

I found out that I have to read up on the lyrics, but that didn't stop me from singing. Next time I want to stand in the Curva I think.

Today we went to Casa Milan to see the museum, and we met up with necro and his lovely wife to have lunch after we'd both been to the museum. Very pleasant meeting, I can really recommend meeting up with other RnBers, we have something in common

Not going back until tuesday, so we still have some time to kill. Will catch Liverpool-Chelsea at a pub later and then just chill. Very grateful for nonsonoquis tip about Navigli, we're really liking it here and our host even folds our clothes while we're out and about...

Alé, Alé, Alé Milan Alé!!!

Oh and necro has the pics
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 16:48   #812
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Necro?????????
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 17:40   #813
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Me and my brother went on a complete bender yesterday and drank from morning until night. We had planned to meet up with necro at a restaurant just before the game, but we managed to fuck up our subway transfer and ended up trying to get a taxi instead, managed to get to the stadium in time but were unable to meet necro unfortunately.

When we entered the arena we were weirdly waved into the wrong entrance, and ended up at the Curva Sud instead, but we were able to get into the right "zone" anyway. I had hyped the experience to no end for my brother and I told him to go into the stadium to get the feel while I fetched drinks. He displayed total apathy for the first 30 minutes, completely knocked out by the sheer size of San Siro and the general atmosphere

As for the game itself it's always very different to watch it live versus on the tv. It was always going to be a hard fought match, but I think we looked the stronger side even tho Lazio had some big chances. Big ups to Reina who I think played a perfect game. Love him. Kessie and Bakayoko were also dominant, and I liked Hakans performance as well.

It was so fucking epic the whole heaven-hell-heaven experience with the penalties. Completely bonkers to see live. In the end Kessie converted and the roof came off, and the last 15 minutes were terrifying. We had to win and everyone knew it, and we managed it. Had a great time with the people who sat around us and it really felt as if we had won the game from the stands.

I found out that I have to read up on the lyrics, but that didn't stop me from singing. Next time I want to stand in the Curva I think.

Today we went to Casa Milan to see the museum, and we met up with necro and his lovely wife to have lunch after we'd both been to the museum. Very pleasant meeting, I can really recommend meeting up with other RnBers, we have something in common

Not going back until tuesday, so we still have some time to kill. Will catch Liverpool-Chelsea at a pub later and then just chill. Very grateful for nonsonoquis tip about Navigli, we're really liking it here and our host even folds our clothes while we're out and about...

Glad you had a great time. I was thinking about you and necro while the San Siro was in full voice. The SS has been the best it has been in many years this season.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 17:58   #814
Pingu
Theonomenal

Good to hear you had a fantastic time Hitchen! Thanks for the live report
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 18:25   #815
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Quote:

Loved reading this post.

Signature
One promise that always remains
No matter the price
A promise to survive
Persevere and thrive
As we've always done
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 18:31   #816
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Boys' just wanna have fun
Old 14-04-2019, 18:36   #817
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Brief match report: Had a ball.

We really controlled the midfield and that mattered in the end. Final ball was poor throughout with some improvement in 2nd half.

Bakayoko was awesome, he makes Lazio midfielders change their positions so much but to no effect. Hakan was a part of everything good we did, but also many things bad. His technical quality is so obvious though when you watch him live. Romagnoli’s reflexes and composure is brilliant. He is one of the best in the league. These 3 guys are my favourites to watch live in this Milan. (Haven’t seen Paqueta live yet)

After the changes, Borini pretty much played as a winger, so it was more a 3-4-3, and Gattuso and Riccio were constantly asking the players to give the ball to Borini who was in acres of space. Hakan’s inserting run with the ball in the area was directly a result of these changes and would’ve resulted in the goal via the cancelled penalty.

Luckily justice prevailed immediately afterwards. Kessie kept growing in the match, he was muted in the first but moved more vertically in the second and that helped.

Zapata didn’t put a foot wrong.

Reina seemed to be in really sharp form.

Suso has a lot of conversations with the coaching staff throughout the match. They are really trying to help him get over this slump. Poor guy almost managed it towards the end.

Only one who was really poor was Calabria. Piatek also was mediocre and dived a little too much.

But what an awesome win!
Thank you for that report!

Concerning Hakan: Couldn't put it into better words. Yesterday I literally thought during the 1st half that if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have any creativity on the field. You can clearly see from the way he stops, passes and shoots how technically gifted he is. But in the same time he misplaced so many easy passes that a Hakan in full form never would. He got better in the 2nd half, that's why I put him in our Top 3 against Lazio as I think he and Baka were key to hold Lazio so well in midfield.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 18:39   #818
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Well done
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 19:04   #819
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Glad you had a great time. I was thinking about you and necro while the San Siro was in full voice. The SS has been the best it has been in many years this season.
Thank you bro! The curva was way crazier when I visited in 2006 and 2008, but it was still great. Feels a bit watered out with fewer hard liners and so many "mainstream" fans just playing the role of an ultra. In 2006 it felt like a boiling kettle with flares and smoke everywhere. So happy for this win!

Necro is a super cool dude btw. Clearly very competent and successful. I learned a lot from both him and his wife during our 1hr cozy lunch
Old 14-04-2019, 19:19   #820
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

My douchebag friends have given me two incredibly lol nicknames, depending on your preference:

Jason Fatham

Or

Fatt Damon