The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2010, 17:48   #101
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

maldinis farewells -> it was some ungrateful fans

sellling heroes, lol sheva if you dont know what happened then you shouldnt even discuss about milan
kaka was a bad choice but money grabbing fuck wont take a wage cut, dinho

this is franco baresi thread please discuss about current affairs in some other thread

thanks you



4:19 another true lover of milan
Baresiiiiiiiiiiiiii



Last edited by Ashish; 31-05-2010 at 17:53.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:02   #102
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Franco Baresi example of responsibility 06/01/2010

Franco Baresi example of responsibility

Quote:
06/01/2010 21:15 by Francesco Quintavalle
Source: ilsecoloxix. ilsole24ore.com


© photo of James Morini

Genoa-Milan and Milan-Genoa, the "path" to return to a live football match is possible? Cosimo Spagnolo, in an interview to the nineteenth century before the last Genoa-AC Milan, played behind closed doors, he said: "No to violence, we give a lesson in civility and, if so needed, I would also stage" for that game that 15 years is never going to see more. Friday meeting of supporters of the fan on the card genoani theme was repeated by the president of a club. Enrico Preziosi said yesterday: "What he left Genoa-Milan? To me two things in particular. The memory is sacred: I know all genoani. But it is true, in these 15 years has not been done for nothing approach, understand and overcome. No, we did not. I hope, indeed I would, there is the possibility to start doing it now. " Preziosi's words are important. Calling all (football and no institutions, from Milan to Genoa) to an acceptance of responsibility. Valuable Ideally words can be linked to those of Franco Baresi, Milan captain that tragic January 29, 1995. Precious, it should be remembered, did not know what he had said a fortnight ago in Sampierdarena Baresi, after the 'initiative of the local football clubs, football schools in the twinning of training first as people and as players of the boys. He had not stolen the theme that the former captain of AC Milan, this Jan. 29, spoke to supporters in the hours after the tragic murder of 'Spagnolo'. At the microphone Radio19-Il Secolo XIX significant things that had to build the "path" that could reopen after 15 years. "I do not have to go for half the fans, the last time I could not watch the game was a bad thing. We must be the will of all. If after 15 years it is still this is a defeat for all" . Baresi that day spoke to the fans. "It was right to do so. I think everyone, beyond that I can or can not do something, to do something. I think it should be a desire for all fans of AC Milan and Genoa. The pain and anger are still very popular. "It 's clear that the pain and bitterness there may be, the pain should be respected, but it is also clear that we must look forward, we must be good to understand, to be able to reconcile even pain, but we have this strength. " Captain off the court throws important signals in the hope that organs competetenti collect them properly.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:08   #103
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
maldinis farewells -> it was some ungrateful fans

sellling heroes, lol sheva if you dont know what happened then you shouldnt even discuss about milan
kaka was a bad choice but money grabbing fuck wont take a wage cut, dinho

this is franco baresi thread please discuss about current affairs in some other thread

thanks you



4:19 another true lover of milan
Baresiiiiiiiiiiiiii



Thanks Ash, The Legend's Memory will always remain!
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:07   #104
paulmincer
Rookie
 
paulmincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default Official Franco Baresi Website

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that along with Franco and his UK agents, I'm happy to announce the launch of his official website www.francobaresi6.com.

The site contains career and profile info, plus the chance to buy exclusive merchandise signed by Franco.

The site is also in the process of being completed in Italian so as soon as that's done I'll let you know.
paulmincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 18:44   #105
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Franco Baresi, 'I think it's important for our fans have a place of reference'. 03/07

Franco Baresi said of the opening of the new Milan Megastore

Quote:
MILAN - As always smiling and helpful, Franco Baresi said of the opening of the new Milan Megastore: "I am pleased to present this opening Megastore.

I think it's important for our fans have a place where you can find reference to wear our colors and have the opportunity to find all types of gadgets.

Thanks for the great affection and great enthusiasm for the Milan show always for the team, and our colors.

It 's the first time I visit this location: a beautiful, large, on two floors. There is everything a fan could wish for AC Milan!
"
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:52   #106
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G
 
crazy4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Default

Cause watching today's final I was reminded that they don't make them like this anymore


With his knee injured, just 20 days before, this was an epic performance
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 16:43   #107
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

woman above me
EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC!



Claudia is the champion of the forum
caps lock


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 17:10   #108
ww
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Cause watching today's final I was reminded that they don't make them like this anymore


With his knee injured, just 20 days before, this was an epic performance
And people don't understand why some blame Spain more than Brazil and Italy.

This is a real World Cup final.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 17:46   #109
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Cause watching today's final I was reminded that they don't make them like this anymore


With his knee injured, just 20 days before, this was an epic performance
The Legend Franco Baresi
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 17:59   #110
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G
 
crazy4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post



Claudia is the champion of the forum
caps lock
Mouthwatering, seriously.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 18:01   #111
ww
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Default



How to beat Baresi, Maldini and Costacurta scoring 3 goals. By Telê Santana and São Paulo.

Last edited by ww; 12-07-2010 at 18:04.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 18:12   #112
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
[youtube]GN2zHzkPkpA[youtube]

How to beat Baresi, Maldini and Costacurta scoring 3 goals. By Telê Santana and São Paulo.
About the back four of Gli Immortali:

At Milan, Arrigo Sacchi got fed up of players moaning about his obsession with team shape, and so proved its worth with a simple drill. "I convinced [Ruud] Gullit and [Marco] Van Basten by telling them that five organised players would beat 10 disorganised ones," he said. "And I proved it to them. I took five players: Giovanni Galli in goal, [Mauro] Tassotti, [Paolo] Maldini, [Alesandro] Costacurta and [Franco] Baresi. They had 10 players: Gullit, Van Basten, [Frank] Rijkaard, [Pietro Paolo] Virdis, [Alberigo] Evani, [Carlo] Ancelotti, [Angelo] Colombo, [Roberto] Donadoni, [Christian] Lantignotti and [Graziano] Mannari. They had 15 minutes to score against my five players, the only rule was that if we won possession or they lost the ball, they had to start over from 10 metres inside their own half. I did this all the time and they never scored. Not once."


http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...ant-possession

South Americans have always cared more about those Toyota Cups and whatnot(Berlu's propaganda aside). What's the story behind that?


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/


Last edited by Jasper; 12-07-2010 at 18:19.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 18:33   #113
ww
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
About the back four of Gli Immortali:

At Milan, Arrigo Sacchi got fed up of players moaning about his obsession with team shape, and so proved its worth with a simple drill. "I convinced [Ruud] Gullit and [Marco] Van Basten by telling them that five organised players would beat 10 disorganised ones," he said. "And I proved it to them. I took five players: Giovanni Galli in goal, [Mauro] Tassotti, [Paolo] Maldini, [Alesandro] Costacurta and [Franco] Baresi. They had 10 players: Gullit, Van Basten, [Frank] Rijkaard, [Pietro Paolo] Virdis, [Alberigo] Evani, [Carlo] Ancelotti, [Angelo] Colombo, [Roberto] Donadoni, [Christian] Lantignotti and [Graziano] Mannari. They had 15 minutes to score against my five players, the only rule was that if we won possession or they lost the ball, they had to start over from 10 metres inside their own half. I did this all the time and they never scored. Not once."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...ant-possession

South Americans have always cared more about those Toyota Cups and whatnot(Berlu's propaganda aside). What's the story behind that?
This "I don't care thing" is a myth. Galliani said in 2007 that the FIFA Club World Cup was among Milan's priorities.

This cup was invented by Real Madrid, who wanted to put face-to-face the two biggest continental champions of the world. Europeans always play it to win.

Sure, for the supporters, this competition doesn't have much glamour but it doesn't mean a thing.

The truth is that most of the supporters nowadays only care about the fashionable players that they use to play with in games such as FIFA, Pro Evolution Soccer and Football Manager or at least have great propaganda beside them. Players like Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaká, Ronaldinho... that's what really matter to them. That's just ignorance and only tell about the ones who watches football because of the glamour.

Among many great players, this São Paulo had Leonardo and Cafú, that would turn out to be Milan's idols.

In 2001 São Paulo had Kaká, Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista and Fábio Simplício (that made very good seasons by Palermo). If we had won the Libertadores there would be some people saying "I don't care about them, what they are? A bunch of useless south-americans". And now everyone would be sucking their balls without knowing about their past.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 19:35   #114
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
This "I don't care thing" is a myth. Galliani said in 2007 that the FIFA Club World Cup was among Milan's priorities.
That's Galliani's own ego wanking(propaganda I was referring to). Though eventually playing against Boca(our rival for 'the winningest club in the world) and winning after 2003 was sweeter than average Toyota Cup.

Still European winners declined to play there several times and it wasn't even played on every year because of that.

I couldn't find our poll about our priorities in 2007/08 but I can assure you more than 90 percent said the priorities are Scudetto and/or CL rather than Club World Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
T
Among many great players, this São Paulo had Leonardo and Cafú, that would turn out to be Milan's idols.

In 2001 São Paulo had Kaká, Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista and Fábio Simplício (that made very good seasons by Palermo). If we had won the Libertadores there would be some people saying "I don't care about them, what they are? A bunch of useless south-americans". And now everyone would be sucking their balls without knowing about their past.
I remember Kaka and Cafu both saying 'We South-Americans care more about this cup.'

I don't sugget that someone goes there to loose and when you go it's about honour to win it as well. But CL is still way more prestigues than that. I would assume it is the same when it comes to Libertadoes, am I right? I mean a one-game-cup(or nowadays CWC) can't be bigger than a real competition. And seasons are defined a success/faliure by local League or CL not CWC.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 20:11   #115
ww
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
That's Galliani's own ego wanking(propaganda I was referring to). Though eventually playing against Boca(our rival for 'the winningest club in the world) and winning after 2003 was sweeter than average Toyota Cup.

Still European winners declined to play there several times and it wasn't even played on every year because of that.

I couldn't find our poll about our priorities in 2007/08 but I can assure you more than 90 percent said the priorities are Scudetto and/or CL rather than Club World Cup.


I remember Kaka and Cafu both saying 'We South-Americans care more about this cup.'

I don't sugget that someone goes there to loose and when you go it's about honour to win it as well. But CL is still way more prestigues than that. I would assume it is the same when it comes to Libertadoes, am I right? I mean a one-game-cup(or nowadays CWC) can't be bigger than a real competition. And seasons are defined a success/faliure by local League or CL not CWC.
Galliani said that because he's old enough to see the real value of this competition. It started to lose the prestige between the supporters when football became more glamourized.

Kaká and Cafú said that as supporters and they're right. While the europeans supporters see this competition as "we're gonna easily win a third world club" the south-americans see as "we're gonna kick their rich ass and piss on their money".

The reason why the europeans declined to play was because of the violence abuse of uruguaians and argentineans that injuried some european players very seriously. I actually read some years ago that a player died or had his career ended during this cup and I think this game was from Milan. This violence also gave problems to the brazilians teams all long the years.

All years that a brazilian team won Libertadores this competition happened because we were more peaceful.

There was a time that brazilians cared more about the national championship than the Libertadores. Then São Paulo won it 2 times in a row following by beating Stoichkov's Barcelona and Baresi's Milan in the end of those years and the brazilians became more excited about it.

I agree with you. It's always more exciting to win a competition where you follow your team since the group stages until the final game. But I don't think we can compare the level of importance because first the teams gotta win the continent and then win the world. These competitions are linked, not separated and that's why it's not right to compare.

In the end, it's all about glamour.

I mean, what league people think it's more important, EPL or Bundesleague? Then the World Cup starts with everyone hoping to see Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard and they end up getting impressed with Bastian, Ozil and Muller.

People should stop to compare such things and just enjoy it.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 21:01   #116
Sven
Super Moderator
 
Sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
About the back four of Gli Immortali:

At Milan, Arrigo Sacchi got fed up of players moaning about his obsession with team shape, and so proved its worth with a simple drill. "I convinced [Ruud] Gullit and [Marco] Van Basten by telling them that five organised players would beat 10 disorganised ones," he said. "And I proved it to them. I took five players: Giovanni Galli in goal, [Mauro] Tassotti, [Paolo] Maldini, [Alesandro] Costacurta and [Franco] Baresi. They had 10 players: Gullit, Van Basten, [Frank] Rijkaard, [Pietro Paolo] Virdis, [Alberigo] Evani, [Carlo] Ancelotti, [Angelo] Colombo, [Roberto] Donadoni, [Christian] Lantignotti and [Graziano] Mannari. They had 15 minutes to score against my five players, the only rule was that if we won possession or they lost the ball, they had to start over from 10 metres inside their own half. I did this all the time and they never scored. Not once."


http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...ant-possession
Amazing stuff.

I remember Baresi talking about this history in an interview for a spanish press some time ago.

Sacchi will be my new avatar.

Edit: lol, it's all on the second page of this thread

Last edited by Sven; 12-07-2010 at 21:03.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 21:06   #117
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
Kaká and Cafú said that as supporters and they're right. While the europeans supporters see this competition as "we're gonna easily win a third world club" the south-americans see as "we're gonna kick their rich ass and piss on their money".
Ironic.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 21:14   #118
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Edit: lol, it's all on the second page of this thread
Yeah, and the video is on the first page Least it's translated now.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 17:06   #119
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Franco Baresi - Una vita nel Milan by Milanchannel(?)




I 50 anni di Franco Baresi - 8 Maggio 2010
by Sky Sports(?)
'

The YT channel I waste my day at - http://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoBa...68/2T1h7dkD-4s


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/


Last edited by Jasper; 14-07-2010 at 22:08.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 17:25   #120
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Franco Baresi - Una vita nel Milan by Milanchannel(?)




I 50 anni di Franco Baresi - 8 Maggio 2010
by Sky Sports(?)
'

The YT channel I waste my day at - http://www.youtube.com/user/FrancoBa...68/2T1h7dkD-4s
Thanks Pal
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:30.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.