Not open for further replies.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
#mufc still 'in contact' with two other players asides from Sneijder

Starsport: "Talks between United and Sneijder's representatives have taken place and Starsport understands the midfielder has agreed a deal around £190,000 a week at Old Trafford'

So David Ornstein from BBC is a Tottenham fan. What else do you expect? Confirmed from a Croatian journo the Modric deal is very much on.

Last edited:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Quality deal. Pay as you play. We need another midfielder to replace Vieira. Even more so this season as Yaya will be missing throughout January.

No downside in this whatsoever for City. We even have 4 spots left in our 25 man quota. Perfect. Quite pleased with this one.

How so? Man City should be giving that spot to a young prospect either from the academy or a "small fee" player like Hernandez. You dont need the experience in the team and if you think you can get Hargreaves to play at certain times like when Yaya isnt around then you're probably wrong. Rather take a gamble on a young player than an old player. When was the last time Hargreaves played a proper full match?

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Harry is such a clown. Good that National team wont be having any transfer window.

How many CMs he wants. Modric, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Sandro, Parker, Jenas, Livermore, Palacios and many random fucks.

Buy a quality striker ffs.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Harry is such a clown. Good that National team wont be having any transfer window.

How many CMs he wants. Modric, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Sandro, Parker, Jenas, Livermore, Palacios and many random fucks.

Buy a quality striker ffs.

Come tomorrow, Modric and Palacios could be off that list :D

Btw, wasnt Livermore going to WHU on loan as part of the Parker deal?

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Come tomorrow, Modric and Palacios could be off that list :D

Btw, wasnt Livermore going to WHU on loan as part of the Parker deal?

I dont think they will sell Modric. Yeah Palacios will move to Stoke probably.

Saw some tweets saying Spurs rejected loan move for Livermore.

Still they have Wannabe Beckham rotting somewhere. Any news on him.? "Bentley".

Harry's love/obsession for Midfielders is beyond joke. :fp:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont think they will sell Modric. Yeah Palacios will move to Stoke probably.

Saw some tweets saying Spurs rejected loan move for Livermore.

Still they have Wannabe Beckham rotting somewhere. Any news on him.? "Bentley".

Harry's love/obsession for Midfielders is beyond joke. :fp:

My tweets are saying that a deal for Modric is still on. Chelsea's Ron Gourlay and Dan Levy met up, reports of a cash + Benayoun bid was discussed. Talks have been going on since last night.

Livermore looks like a great prospect, yeah Palacios off to Stoke.

Not sure about Bentley, havent seen his name pop up.

Btw, Sunderland bid 10m for Crouch just a while back and QPR are also very much interested.

Also, Diarra is said to be in the final stages of negotiations with Spurs, deal could be completed tonight itself.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
nasri supporting arsene-

“Arsenal are a great club,” Nasri told France Football.

“But [after] building the Emirates Stadium its financing has changed quite a bit. It has changed the ambitions for the moment.

“But it is not Arsene Wenger. It is the policy of the club leaders. Arsenal no longer have the same resources.

“He cannot make the same moves as before the transfer market. Rather, he is obliged to sell its best players and bet on the young.”

This policy of buying young has brought about increasing criticism from Gunners fans as they become impatient over the club's lack of silverware.

“There are signals that do not lie,” Nasri added. “The departure of Fabregas to Barcelona is one.

“Our end to last season was another challenge. The defeat against Birmingham in the final of the League Cup was also very hard in the head.

“Coming to Manchester City, I chose a club in an upward spiral.

“I do not regret going through Arsenal. I learned a lot there, tasted the highest level, with a very high level of expectation.

“When I arrived, there was also a great competition and I managed to impose myself. It was a fantastic life experience. I learned about myself.

“I am more [of a] scorer than in the past. I progressed defensively. I owe a lot to Arsenal and especially Arsene Wenger. Both have given me recognition in England and a new exhibit at the international level.”

of course this doesn't excuse tactical stubbornness of Wenger. He has a lot of blame on his own shoulders, but the board deserves far more criticism than it receives IMO

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Benayoun is close to joining Spurs and is flying back to London for a medical tonight according to the Israeli media #CU (via @ChelseaUnite)

Yossi Benayoun is close to joining Spurs.Flying back to London for a medical tonight according to the Israeli media. Part of Modric deal.

Sky confirms Chelsea's Yossi Benayoun is close to joining Tottenham

Slaven Bilic says Luka Modric could leave the Croatia camp on deadline day if a late deal is agreed.

Yossi Benayoun to Tottenham almost done: medical tonight. So the cash+benayoun news for Luka Modric was correct. Always said the deal was never dead.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Maybe, maybe not. Chelsea have been looking to get rid of Benayoun either way.

harry wants wing/AM back up. Could work.

1st-
----Adebayor
bale--vdv--lennon
parker--diarra

2nd-
--------------defoe--crouch
bennayoun--sandro--huddlestone--kranjcar

europa league run!:thumbsup:

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They have Sandro too.

Haven't seen Kranjcar playing as RW. He will get chances as AM as VDV is crocked imo.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
philmcnulty Phil McNulty
Talk of a Yossi Benayoun medical at Spurs seems wide of the mark at this stage. No suggestion of firm interest. #fb

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@YolantheCabau "I follow my husband wherever he goes.. love him till death! Have a great evening you all! #SNEIJDER

Italia journo Andrea Paventi:" #Sneijder can still go if there came a good enough offer but so far there hasn't been" #mufc

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if inter sell sneijder NOW with no replacement.

:lol:

can't wait to see fergie rushing him from airport berbatov style

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Arsenal will make 1 final offer (take it or leave it) for Gary Cahill tonight #Arsenal

Skysports.com understands Bolton and Tottenham are locked in talks regarding a deal for Gary Cahill. Bassong unlikely to be involved.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@YolantheCabau "I follow my husband wherever he goes.. love him till death! Have a great evening you all! #SNEIJDER

Italia journo Andrea Paventi:" #Sneijder can still go if there came a good enough offer but so far there hasn't been" #mufc
Get the feeling this is paper talk. I think Fergie's seen enough of his squad to think Sneijder's not worth it.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Parker deal is done from Westham to Spurs subject to medical tomorrow. £5m is the fee.

Get the feeling this is paper talk. I think Fergie's seen enough of his squad to think Sneijder's not worth it.

Could well be, in 24 hours we will know for sure ;)

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
English Premier League: Two Weeks In – What Have We Learned So Far? (part 2)

Manchester United – Anderson becomes key, whilst wingers have two different roles

A lot was made of Paul Scholes’ retirement, and the search for a replacement, but two young players have stepped up to form a new central pairing, with Anderson the most impressive, undertaking everything you would require of a ‘complete’ midfielder:

anderson.jpg

Against West Brom: 2nd highest passer, most take ons, 2nd top tackler, 96% pass completion, 54% of passes played forward with 93% completion (sideways and backwards passes 100% completion)

Against Tottenham: top passer, top tackler, most interceptions, 88% pass completion, 73% passes forward with 86% completion (sideways and backwards passes 92% completion)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sky Sources: Fulham agree £10.6million fee with FC Twente for Bryan Ruiz.

Great signing for Fulham

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sky Sources: Fulham agree £10.6million fee with FC Twente for Bryan Ruiz.

Great signing for Fulham

What a shame...

Bryan Ruiz should have stayed in Twente for one more year. Fullham is not a step forward (other than $). He should have been more patient because I'm sure that better opportunities than Fullham would have come.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a shame...

Bryan Ruiz should have stayed in Twente for one more year. Fullham is not a step forward (other than $). He should have been more patient because I'm sure that better opportunities than Fullham would have come.

Any premiership team is a step forward over the dutch league.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Honigstein has said that Pjanic was offered to Arsenal and they said no.

Now he is moving to Roma for 9 Million.

Wenger FFS.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Warnock has agreed a cut-price £3m deal for Wright-Phillips after Manchester City agreed a pay-off with the England winger. Sunderland defender Ferdinand, 26, is set to be the latest arrival at Loftus Road after having talks and undergoing a medical at QPR last night. Warnock, with funds from Tony Fernandes' take-over, has already brought in Joey Barton, Armand Traore and Luke Young. (Mirror Football)

Warnock making some good moves to survive the EPL.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Warnock has agreed a cut-price £3m deal for Wright-Phillips after Manchester City agreed a pay-off with the England winger. Sunderland defender Ferdinand, 26, is set to be the latest arrival at Loftus Road after having talks and undergoing a medical at QPR last night. Warnock, with funds from Tony Fernandes' take-over, has already brought in Joey Barton, Armand Traore and Luke Young. (Mirror Football)

Warnock making some good moves to survive the EPL.

Traore is shit. Better to sign noone than Traore.

Luke Young, Barton will bring the much needed experience.

If they can survive this season, we can see few more signings next season or even this Jan.

Take over happened bit late for QPR liking IMO..

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Traore is shit. Better to sign noone than Traore.

Luke Young, Barton will bring the much needed experience.

If they can survive this season, we can see few more signings next season or even this Jan.

Take over happened bit late for QPR liking IMO..

Agree about Traore and also Young and Barton. Even Ferdinand and SWP are probably better than they got now at those position. They are also in a three way battle for Crouch with Sunderland and Stoke.

And yeah takeover came too late for this window.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Arsène Wenger makes leap of faith by bringing Mertesacker to Arsenal
• Per Mertesacker, Park Chu-young and André Santos to join
• Chris Samba, Yann M'Vila and Marvin Martin could follow

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/30/arsene-wenger-mertesacker-arsenal

Can AW salvage the situation? No team who started with 1 point from their opening 3 fixtures has finished in the top four, first time for everything?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
if he does sign samba,m'vila and MM, it could save their season.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So 8-2 defeat was blessing in disguise for Arsenal. Had they lost with narrow scoreline He would have said squad is good enough.

WTF was he doing all these days. He could have signed them much earlier like he signed Gervinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.