Can Inzaghi pair Crespo upfront?

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
Just an interesting thought came to mind, so now Inzaghi's back. Do you guys think that Inzaghi can partner up with Crespo, or vice-versa? Since they both play in the same way and style. Both are so called Tap-in strikers. They both cherry-pick or pounce on loose balls in front of goal. They both need someone else like Kaka, Pirlo, or Rui Costa to provide them with defense-breaching passes to set them up.

So what do you think? :D

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
No because there is no complementarity between these 2 players.They play same football.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Who knows if Inzaghi can even play football period. God I loved him in his prime but let's faced it. Two ankle surgeries in a span of one year? how long is it going to take Inzaghi to get to match fitness? I just don't know about him, he has to prove himself in a substitute roll if he wants to play again.

But Yes, I believe both Crespo and Inzaghi can play on the field at once. The other Milan players will have to learn how to deliver to them better but Inzaghi it a tough boy who will fight for balls in the box.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
You need some diversity up front. A tap in striker and a shooter. I think the best duo is two shooting strikers.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Did we forget that we still have that Ukrainian with a broken eye socket? :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
it would be good and intresting provided the midfield can provide some width and some great passes!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sheva is supposed to be back in a short while, so why would Ancelotti want to pair Crespo + Inzaghi ? He'd either field JDT/Crespo, JDT/Inzaghi or a lone striker backed by 2 out of Kaka'/Rui/Serginho.

Don't rack your precious brains on shit that is not going to happen anyway :tongue:

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
Passion for *9* said:
Sheva is supposed to be back in a short while, so why would Ancelotti want to pair Crespo + Inzaghi ? He'd either field JDT/Crespo, JDT/Inzaghi or a lone striker backed by 2 out of Kaka'/Rui/Serginho.

Don't rack your precious brains on shit that is not going to happen anyway :tongue:

haha just a thought.

logan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I guess the best option for us is to have Crespo + Sheva at the front but that would mean Rui Costa sitting out.
And Inzaghi should watch the game from the sidelines.

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
really sweet problems..? hehe. chosing 3 man attack.. Crespo, Shevchenko, Pippo, JDT, Rui Costa, Kaka, Serginho...

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
U wanna noe wat i tink????

Inzaghi should juz be up there as a lone striker.....I seriously believe that he played better when he's all alone...

Crespo is best paired with Sheva...they haf a better understanding...

Maybe Inzaghi should juz start considering playing in Inter...coz his best mate is there after all

Milan should juz dispose Inzaghi and JDT and start bidding for Ronaldinho....hez the best player in the world and he should be playing with the best club in the world too, i.e MILAN!!!

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
Kaka_22 said:
Inzaghi should juz be up there as a lone striker.....I seriously believe that he played better when he's all alone...

Crespo is best paired with Sheva...they haf a better understanding...

Maybe Inzaghi should juz start considering playing in Inter...coz his best mate is there after all

Milan should juz dispose Inzaghi and JDT and start bidding for Ronaldinho....hez the best player in the world and he should be playing with the best club in the world too, i.e MILAN!!!
Sheva n Crespo don't have a great understanding of each other, proved again 2day in the PSV match. For some reason Sheva can't work with him. Inzaghi should b sold, i don't think a striker at 31yrs can regain his form when he was 29 especially after 2 ankle surgeries in the one yr.

RONNY D WILL NEVER LEAVE BARCA what don't u understand about this lol his buy out clause atm is worth 180million. U think we want 2 spend that much on the one player???? Ur kidding urself :eek:

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
pairing crespo and inzaghi will be so boring,crespo is an old fashion centre foward inzaghi abit creative but no skills,it wont do us any good playing them together,it is even better pairing one of them with jdt.

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Oma_B said:
Sheva n Crespo don't have a great understanding of each other, proved again 2day in the PSV match. For some reason Sheva can't work with him. Inzaghi should b sold, i don't think a striker at 31yrs can regain his form when he was 29 especially after 2 ankle surgeries in the one yr.

RONNY D WILL NEVER LEAVE BARCA what don't u understand about this lol his buy out clause atm is worth 180million. U think we want 2 spend that much on the one player???? Ur kidding urself :eek:

There's absolutely no harm in dreaming abt Ronaldinho as a Rossoneri......judging from the pool of strikers we haf in our hand at present, wif Sheva being the only one in form (pls remember that we can';t be overly-dependent on juz one striker to finish the job), we must buy somebody prolific and juz as deadly and who can blend well with the rest...and Ronaldinho has dvlop great understanding wif Kaka looking at the WC qualifying games and all.....

And hey....we can't judge Crespo juz coz he had a bad game against PSV..contrary to your belief, I seriously believed that he is the best person to pair up wif Sheva.....

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Crespo and Pippo should never be partnered. They both waited in the box for the ball to come their way since they can't go wide and dribble into the box or create chances for other team-mates. The only league game Crespo scored when we played a lone striker in that christmas tree formation was in the Roma game (and it came from a cross). It serves as no surprise since the midfield players have to do all the job breaking into the defense THEN pass the ball to him if he's free.

For both of them, their performance can be simply summed up like this: if they score then they have a good game. If not, then bad game. You can't expect any assist or defense splitting runs from them. In both the MU game, Crespo sucked all the way until he scored and we start praising them.

But if chance and ball go their way, they're simply one of the best in the business, especially Pippo.

Last edited:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
this might work in football manager (championship manager), but i would never image playing them at the same time together in the real life... there has to be a sheva type of striker, the one that dribbles from outside, or even deliver crosses once a while

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
gaizka22 said:
But if chance and ball go their way, they're simply one of the best in the business, especially Pippo.
Thats the fact..

We have only one Shevchenko, but you need to have strikers like Pippo and Crespo. I'm impressed with Crespo's heading ability, just remember some goals this season..

Crespo and Inzaghi together in attack. Perhaps not.. but I don't know that..
I just know that Inzaghi was scoring like mad when our 3 man attack looked like Rui Costa - Rivaldo - Inzaghi..

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
Let's hope Inzagui will be back at his best and i'm not sure Crespo will stay next season,The rumours about Gilardino :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: real i think.

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
inzaghi is a piece of garbage. god i would rather see shevchenko with a broken leg then inzaghi.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Milan4Life said:
inzaghi is a piece of garbage. god i would rather see shevchenko with a broken leg then inzaghi.

And I would like to see you with a broken neck.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
gaizka22 said:
Crespo and Pippo should never be partnered. They both waited in the box for the ball to come their way since they can't go wide and dribble into the box or create chances for other team-mates. The only league game Crespo scored when we played a lone striker in that christmas tree formation was in the Roma game (and it came from a cross). It serves as no surprise since the midfield players have to do all the job breaking into the defense THEN pass the ball to him if he's free.

For both of them, their performance can be simply summed up like this: if they score then they have a good game. If not, then bad game. You can't expect any assist or defense splitting runs from them. In both the MU game, Crespo sucked all the way until he scored and we start praising them.

Too right. This pairing screams incompatibility. The last thing we need is two strikers camping out 3 meters from the opposition's goaline.

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
Sheva 4 PM

Milan4Life said:
WTF kinda thing is that 2 say? i don't even understand wat it means???:mad: :mad: :mad:
U need a head check

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
I think they're too similar. With Sheva, you have someone who can play deep and on the wing. With Crespo and Inzaghi, it's more a case of penalty box loitering.

Milan4Life

Primavera
Reaction score
what i meant was if shevchenko had a broken leg i would take him over inzaghi. i hate the way inzaghi plays you need people who move around not stand around. even though i know it would be hard for a man with a broken leg to move but its a phrase people come on

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Inzaghi and Crespo are over-rated players, they should not be playing for Milan since they are both too preditable.

even more, Inzaghi can't play with Shevchenko. at least Crespo made good matches when he was working with Shevchenko.

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
A realy good offensive partner for Shevchenko would be Alberto Gilardino, Valeri Bojinov, C. Pizarro and the already tested partner Andriy Voronin

Schedule