does milan players good at other sports?

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
does anyone noe whether our players good at other sports beside soccer? as like schrumacher, i heard tat he is also good at soccer beside formula 1.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Dunno much about it.. Yep, Schumi can also play football but I don't think that he is as good as professional football player..

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
I know that Sheva is a close friend of fellow Ukrainian tennis player Andrei Medvedev, so surely he can play tennis to some degree. Whether or not he's any good is another thing.

Also, Maldini is a big fan of basketball and enjoys watching the NBA.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inzaghi used to participate in the VIP Master tennis tournament at Milano Marittima in the summer, so I guess he knows to some degree how to handle a racket. I think Ancelotti played there too.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I heard in an interview that Sheva is a golf fanatic and that he was even considering investing in some project to build the first golf course in the Ukraine.

Don't know about Milan players but I read that Christian Vieri was a superb cricket player when he was in growing up in Australia and was talented enough to play at a professional level had he pursued that sport.

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
I once heard from a commentary said that Dida is a former Volleyball player :)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
ads216 said:
I heard in an interview that Sheva is a golf fanatic and that he was even considering investing in some project to build the first golf course in the Ukraine.

Don't know about Milan players but I read that Christian Vieri was a superb cricket player when he was in growing up in Australia and was talented enough to play at a professional level had he pursued that sport.

Ya, his brother is a pro cricket player, and I heard that Vieri said that if the money was the same, he would leave soccer and play cricket. Because that is his true love.

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Adnan Kapic: What are you doing when you don't play football?
Kaká: I love playing golf, Ronaldo taught me how to play and it's addictive! Apart from that I like to go out to have dinner, to the theatre or cinema in Milan.
images149851_kaka301.jpg

images149854_kaka30.jpg

images149849_ronaldo305_kaka.jpg

Adooooo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Barbarez, Salihamidzic
kakacalcio said:
Adnan Kapic: What are you doing when you don't play football?
Kaká: I love playing golf, Ronaldo taught me how to play and it's addictive! Apart from that I like to go out to have dinner, to the theatre or cinema in Milan.

LOL!!
Hey..That was my question at the chat with Kaka...
How did you find it..Just saw the thread and was going to post about kaka playing golf..
Naah well.. :D ;)

Lita

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ALL MILAN PLAYERS...Juninho, Diego, Lugano, Del Piero, Buffon, Cicinho.
Hahaha...I heard that of ricky...he likes golf..although people says he is not vey good playing it :conf: ..But whatever hehehehe

Reaction score
i know sheva is a good model.
and his favorite past time is playing golf,he said"i am not under an obligation to win every match,so playing golf really relax me!"kaka is good at it,too."sheva is an example to me in lots of things except golf."
ice hockey and tennis ball is also sheva's interests.
it is said that in ACmilan,sheva can beat everyone in chess,so others don't play with him,they play card!

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
cuore said:
Ya, his brother is a pro cricket player, and I heard that Vieri said that if the money was the same, he would leave soccer and play cricket. Because that is his true love.

Yeah, that is what I have heard too. He was a fast bowler growing up in Australia. Certainly, his height and broad shoulder would have sufficed him to be a good fast bowler. Would have been more interesting to see if he would have become a leftie like his soccer career... That is a true rarity to find a great left handed pace bowler in cricket... They are the nightmare of the right handed batsmen....

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
And get this, in his spare time, Jon Dahl Tomasson fancies himself as a bit of a football player. Not too sure how good he is though.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I can't see sheva playing hockey. And, for Milans sake, I hope he doesn't play during the football season. It's a sure way to injure yourself.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
cuore said:
I can't see sheva playing hockey. And, for Milans sake, I hope he doesn't play during the football season. It's a sure way to injure yourself.
I don't have pics of it, but I've read it in some of his old interviews :tongue: I think for Ukrainian athletes, ice hockey/skating just runs in their blood
heartpump.gif
:D

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Sheva is good at playing golf, in fact I read that after that Siena lost, he played in a golf tournament representing Milan along with other former players like Danielle Massaro (they lost).

But one Milan player that is very good at golf is Marco van Basten, that's all he's done in Monaco before Ajax called him up to coach the youth/reserve team. I read somewhere he once seriously considering turning pro after retiring from football. Many people said Sheva can beat van Basten's goal scoring or trophies won in Milan but never in golf :)

I also heard Costacurta is a good basketball player, that's why when Milan called him up again in the 02/03 season, he was in America to study something like journalism and to watch more NBA games.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Gaizka22, can you please add spaces between the commas and names of your favourite football players 'cause it kinda screws the layout:

[Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona] instead of [Basten,Maldini,Zidane,Baresi,Maradona] :)

Thanx :)

Reaction score
Need Help

I'm a big AC fan and have been since the days of Baresi and Van Basten. Every season I buy an AC football Top, however this season I want to purchase the black Champions League Jersey (the one we wore against Man U at Old Trafford). I can't find it anywhere on the Net, your help would be much appreciated.

jskunner

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
caca' said:
it is said that in ACmilan,sheva can beat everyone in chess,so others don't play with him,they play card!

Chess is not a sport and neither is playing cards ;) If that's the case we should include bowling as a sport as well! :)

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
ads216 said:
Chess is not a sport and neither is playing cards ;) If that's the case we should include bowling as a sport as well! :)

i think it is a sport, since there are tournaments. If there are tournaments, then i think it should be consdered a sport, nonetheless. it's just like pool, curling, formula one racing, oxing are all sports...hell even wrestling. :o

and you know whats the sadest thing here in canada, people actually would watch curling(the most stupidest and boring-est...sport ever. were they push these ginormous puck thing on the ice and 2 ppl sweep the ice in front of the puck so it hits all the other pucks from previous tries to get it in the target board on the ice.) over football (soccer). :head: It is because, they think it's more fun watching that over a 90 min football game. I have no idea what ppl are thinking over here in my country. :conf:

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
jskunner said:
I'm a big AC fan and have been since the days of Baresi and Van Basten. Every season I buy an AC football Top, however this season I want to purchase the black Champions League Jersey (the one we wore against Man U at Old Trafford). I can't find it anywhere on the Net, your help would be much appreciated.

jskunner

there's a black jersey? :conf: i never knew that...cause i know we had one in the 2002/2003 season (when we won the CL) as the third jersey in choice. :tongue:

if they have one for this season then i would definitely purcase one, since i'm sensing Milan are gonna be CL champions and Scudetto champions. :D

u can try @: http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp

Last edited:

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
jskunner said:

jskunner

I think Milan played in the white jersey in the Old Trafford.
There is no black jersey this year.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
There's a commentator on the channel I watch Serie A games, and he keeps saying every time that Ambro was a basketball player. Is that true?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
xerooption said:
i think it is a sport, since there are tournaments. If there are tournaments, then i think it should be consdered a sport, nonetheless. it's just like pool, curling, formula one racing, oxing are all sports...hell even wrestling. :o

and you know whats the sadest thing here in canada, people actually would watch curling(the most stupidest and boring-est...sport ever. were they push these ginormous puck thing on the ice and 2 ppl sweep the ice in front of the puck so it hits all the other pucks from previous tries to get it in the target board on the ice.) over football (soccer). :head: It is because, they think it's more fun watching that over a 90 min football game. I have no idea what ppl are thinking over here in my country. :conf:

OMG! Until today I didn't know what the hell was curling, like an hour ago I saw ESPN transmiting it, and it was a world tournament between Canada and Austria, the gym or wherever they play it was full and people seemed to be interesteed in what was going on. And now I read you talking about it, destiny made it's way so that I could know that a sport called curling existed...btw...if ESPN broadcast it it means it is a sport(ESPN also broadcast poker and several other kinds of crap). As for today, after watching curling I realized that I can create a sport(even if it sucks) and anybody would like it.

Schedule