Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Still dicks about on the ball too much, thats the only complaint

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score

atleast your being honest and realisitic, I think its more because of lack of movement from the team imo.

But I do see this aswell.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Loved when he keep the ball on the left wing at the end, toying with their defenders

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Was there any other player that used the armband so early after arriving at Milan? At least since Berlusconi became the owner.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
atleast your being honest and realisitic, I think its more because of lack of movement from the team imo.

But I do see this aswell.

I think its more of a horrible trait he has, then just blamin the teams weakness. Seen him do it for Italy in the euros aswell. Its what holds him back from being one of the very best players in the world.

I'm always honest and realistic.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
Was there any other player that used the armband so early after arriving at Milan? At least since Berlusconi became the owner.

who else could wear it? lol ses??:D:D:D

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I think its more of a horrible trait he has, then just blamin the teams weakness. Seen him do it for Italy in the euros aswell. Its what holds him back from being one of the very best players in the world.

Then you can call that indecisiveness.

But I only really notive it when he has no option to pass forward so he turns back and gets stuck.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

true....but atleast he doesn't lose the ball...i'm so tired of last years mildfelders who kept losing the ball every 10 seconds. :fp:

leopard190

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, Yaya, TS33, Abidal, MVB, Abbiati
As has been metioned, this would only be a problem if he lost the ball whenever he did it and seeing as he rarely looses possession, it's a non-issue.

He's one of the few in squad capable of doing something with the ball so I see it as him holding on to it so he can pick someone out. Sometimes something does open up and other times it doesn't, in either case he generally completes the pass he opts for.

And he certainly doesn't slow down our play because whenever the obvious pass is there he promptly plays it. I really can't see why someone would be bothered by this.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As has been metioned, this would only be a problem if he lost the ball whenever he did it and seeing as he rarely looses possession, it's a non-issue.

Him dickin on the ball, has an effect, closing of the space and give him less time on it, thus meaning the ball if he still has it goes back instead of goin forward. Monty likes time reason why he dislikes playin as a #10

He's one of the few in squad capable of doing something with the ball so I see it as him holding on to it so he can pick someone out. Sometimes something does open up and other times it doesn't, in either case he generally completes the pass he opts for.

He doesnt do it quick enough, which has stopped him from being a top top player thus far in his career. Holding on to the ball for a split second longer than you have to is does make a difference. Reason why Xavi & Pirlo are miles ahead of everyone else.

And he certainly doesn't slow down our play because whenever the obvious pass is there he promptly plays it. I really can't see why someone would be bothered by this.

I didnt call him Gervinho ffs. Just sayin sometimes he takes far too much time on the ball than he actually has to and even with his lovely technique he'll get caught out.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
CountVlad; Well what should he do? pass the ball to the other team? The problem is that no one tries to run in the attack to open spaces for Monto to hit the long pass. He is a player that wants to hit the decisive pass directly, and thats why he sometime ''dicks'' on the ball too much. But he is still very comfortable when he holds the ball, under pressure too witch we saw yesterday. Juve players could bearly take the ball from him.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Simply beatiful - http://twitpic.com/bglllb
693009551.png

so suave :eek:.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
CountVlad; Well what should he do? pass the ball to the other team? The problem is that no one tries to run in the attack to open spaces for Monto to hit the long pass. He is a player that wants to hit the decisive pass directly, and thats why he sometime ''dicks'' on the ball too much. But he is still very comfortable when he holds the ball, under pressure too witch we saw yesterday. Juve players could bearly take the ball from him.

Monty is playing overly complicated sometimes but he improves. He is more efficient now than he was early season or in EC. He also lose the ball much more rarely than earlier. I think he is Milans best and most important player this season so far.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Cannot take you seriously, next time use an alias.

Monty is playing overly complicated sometimes but he improves. He is more efficient now than he was early season or in EC. He also lose the ball much more rarely than earlier. I think he is Milans best and most important player this season so far.

:thumbsup:

Elio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa. Ibrahimovic. Nocerino. Prince. Robinho. El Shaarawy. Honda
MOTM Performance.
Future Capitano.
Grande Monty.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Damn Montolivo is awesome.

Possibly my first man crush haha.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
OMG finally we have a great creative versatile Italian midfielder player since albertini :star:

OMG i love him so much .. so versatile .. he can move ... damn when is muntari coming back ..
De jong, muntari, monty, i would have loved a taller DM .. but who cares ..

Jesus

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nocerino Robinho Pato Montolivo Abate Pharoah Gattuso Ibra
OMG finally we have a great creative versatile Italian midfielder player since albertini :star:

OMG i love him so much .. so versatile .. he can move ... damn when is muntari coming back ..
De jong, muntari, monty, i would have loved a taller DM .. but who cares ..

De Jong is playing well for a midget! Against Anderlecht he cleared nearly every corner they had at the near post!

Montolivo is great, think we need a target for him in front and Pazzini is great in the air and holds the ball up well (Monty is another reason why I think we should consider Osvaldo!), and De Jong being there lets him move forward. He beat Pirlo at his own game against Juve