Is AC Milan in BIG trouble?!

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Hi, I know it´s a lot more fun to talk about the good rather than the bad but today I once again read several (reliable) place that the top Italian clubs Inter, MILAN, Roma, Juventus and Lazio had enormous debts. Combined the debt was around 320 mio. Euros and apparently still rising.

Does anybody know how bad it really is for Milan?

I mean, everys worst nightmare would be to go down and loose everything like Fiorentina did a few years back.

What do you guys and girls think Milan could/should do?

Forza Milan!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
well, i think we'll be fine, thanks to berlusconi.

i was flipping through forbes ;) a while back, and it said that silvio's estimated value was something like 10 billion us dollars...abramovich's value was 11 billion.

we are probably the second richest club in the world...i don't think anyone besides abramovich comes close to silvio.

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
Milan is not the 2nd richest club in the world, but we haf one of the richest club owners in Europe.

The likes of ManUre, Real Madrid and Chelski will have larger assets (transfer funds, player values etc) than us.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
No, I read a month ago, I thing we are 3rd or something ?!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Well we aren't in big trouble. Of course like many clubs in the world we have debts...but don't worry that's why Mr. Berlusconi is in there.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
No, I read a month ago, I thing we are 3rd or something ?!
yea YOUGOSLAVIAN i read that too in FRANCE FOOTBALL.
AND MANCHESTER UNITED WAS 1ST
JUVENTUS 2ND
AC MILAN 3RD
REAL MADRID 4TH

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
We are Not sooo bad As Roma Such Else

Good+FER= Excelent
Forza milan

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
There's this guy i dont know if you have heard of him but his name is Berlusconi.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Berlusconi is AC Milan President, Italy Prime misnister, and has an Important role in the UE General secretary (i think)
i might be wrong about the UE so whoever has the correct info, correct me.

SAN PAOLO it's suprising that you don't know Silvio Berlusconi

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
ROSSONERI7 said:
Berlusconi is AC Milan President, Italy Prime misnister, and has an Important role in the UE General secretary (i think)
i might be wrong about the UE so whoever has the correct info, correct me.

SAN PAOLO it's suprising that you don't know Silvio Berlusconi

LOL of course i know who Berlusconi is dude havent u heard of sarcasm the man who saved this club in 1985 when we went bankrupt due to match fixing
then we went through our best era in club history.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Vernetti said:
Hi, I know it´s a lot more fun to talk about the good rather than the bad but today I once again read several (reliable) place that the top Italian clubs Inter, MILAN, Roma, Juventus and Lazio had enormous debts. Combined the debt was around 320 mio. Euros and apparently still rising.

Does anybody know how bad it really is for Milan?

I mean, everys worst nightmare would be to go down and loose everything like Fiorentina did a few years back.

What do you guys and girls think Milan could/should do?

Forza Milan!
My friend, many large football clubs bar a few (Man Utd etc.) are in a lot of trouble financially.

Italian football especially with the likes of Roma, Parma and Florentia.

However, Milan will never have any trouble financailly in the forseen future due to Berlusconi .

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ROSSONERI7 said:
yea YOUGOSLAVIAN i read that too in FRANCE FOOTBALL.
AND MANCHESTER UNITED WAS 1ST
JUVENTUS 2ND
AC MILAN 3RD
REAL MADRID 4TH
Im preety sure Manchester United are the richest club in the world. Preety amazing seeign as they try to always finsh in the black.

Milan go into the red all the time but Berlusconi balanced out the books at the end of the year.

Real accualtmiate huge debt also. I beleive they still havent payed Arsenal for the Anekla signing :eek:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Im preety sure Manchester United are the richest club in the world. Preety amazing seeign as they try to always finsh in the black.

Milan go into the red all the time but Berlusconi balanced out the books at the end of the year.

Real accualtmiate huge debt also. I beleive they still havent payed Arsenal for the Anekla signing :eek:

Did they finish paying Inter for Ronaldo?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ROSSONERI7 said:
Did they finish paying Inter for Ronaldo?
I think they bought Ronaldo for like 25/30 million pounds. Atop that they gave gave Inter the option of getting another 7 million pounds or a non-essential player at the time, after 12 months.. I think Solari or Morenties were the options.

Inter choose the money but after a couple years Real still hadn't payed. Inter went to FIFA about the matter and forced real to pay.

:)

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
milan

With berllusconi everything is possible and well with milan,no cause to worry ladies and gentlemen

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that ManU is owned by the same people who own the New York Yankees. Does anyone know about this?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
all i know is a crazy guy (american) named Glazer trying to takeover MANUTD, my second love.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
The worst thing that could happen to Italy was ... Berlusconi being Prime Minister ... the best thing for Milan : Berlusconi buying the club in 1987 !
Don't worry lads, we will manage as long as he's around

Forza Milan

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pnut408 said:
I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that ManU is owned by the same people who own the New York Yankees. Does anyone know about this?
Glazer is trying to buy more than 50% of Man Utd shares! :eek:

Very hated person.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tryin' to be Abramovic!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Who cares about Manure here ? They probably deserve Glazer :tongue:
If they did get him, which i and Utd fans everywhree hope doesn't happen he could well pump huge amount of money into the club :eek: .

Imagon that team with a huge transfer budget :eek:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Noone seems to know how he would be able to stage such a takeover financially. Speculation is he would probably pump all the banks' money in just to take over but drain Manure's money out (as a collateral, taking out a mortgage against future revenue). Have you familiarized yourself with his takeover plans ? I'm not into Manure + thus don't follow things closely..

---

Glazer doesn't own the Yankees, he owns the Buccaneers. Manure's current major shareholders are Magnier + Mc Manus. Yanks are owned by... (Google search on) George Steinbrenner, whoever that is :D

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Who cares about Manure here ? They probably deserve Glazer :tongue:

Right on ya !

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
If they did get him, which i and Utd fans everywhree hope doesn't happen he could well pump huge amount of money into the club :eek: .

Imagon that team with a huge transfer budget :eek:

Do you really think they don't have the money right now ?

Come one, a club whose on the stock exchange, with the players they have ...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanLover1899 said:
Do you really think they don't have the money right now ?

Come one, a club whose on the stock exchange, with the players they have ...
No, they have none to spend.

They already spent this and next years transfer budget on Rooney,

On 3 players alone they spent neally 100 million pounds in the last couple years. - Veron, Rooney, Rio.

Unlike Milan, Juv, Real, Barca etc. They are one of the few clubs which finsh in the black. They put great importance making sure unlike other large clubs they stay clear of debt.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Noone seems to know how he would be able to stage such a takeover financially. Speculation is he would probably pump all the banks' money in just to take over but drain Manure's money out (as a collateral, taking out a mortgage against future revenue). Have you familiarized yourself with his takeover plans ? I'm not into Manure + thus don't follow things closely..

---

Glazer doesn't own the Yankees, he owns the Buccaneers. Manure's current major shareholders are Magnier + Mc Manus. Yanks are owned by... (Google search on) George Steinbrenner, whoever that is :D
Yeah, i know abit about it. I dont he is actully going to 'take over' them. Just become the major share holder (he is already up there) with apirations of getting 50% of the shares.

They supporters reaction by makeing sure 25% of the shaes is always in the fans hands, thus making it very hard for someone to be a major share holder.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
if glazer took MU over, there would be no cash injection at all. glazer doesn't have enough money to buy the club outright...he has to borrow 1/2 of the money to pay for it- if it does indeed go through...thats one of the reasons why MU fans are so against glazer...if he takes over he'll do the same thing he did in tanpa-jack up the ticket prices in order to make a profit, and essentially suck the club dry.
glazer is nowhere near the level of abramovich or berlusconi...he would be buyin MU to make a profit...its obvious roman doesn't care about making money (you'd think hes trying to get rid of it).

Schedule