Poulsen to Milan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Schalke 04 midfielder Christian Poulsen has rejected a rival offer from Inter and will stick to his agreement with AC Milan.

I think he will be with us on the summer :)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Poulsen confirms Milan ‘deal’ Monday 3 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schalke 04 midfielder Christian Poulsen has confirmed that he is on the verge of signing for Italian giants Milan.

Although the Danish midfielder has yet to finalise terms with the Rossoneri, he’s confident that he will be wearing their jersey next season.

“There is only Milan for me,” he is quoted as saying in the Extra Bladet newspaper. “Even if there are still a few details to iron out.”

Milan turned their attention to Poulsen, whose contract with his Bundesliga side expires in the summer, after impressing them in this season’s Champions League.

Although he infuriated the club, and Gennaro Gattuso in particular, with his rough man-marking of Kaka, the Rossoneri believe he would be a valuable addition to their squad.

Although the player, who first hit the headlines in Italian football at Euro 2004 for being spat on by Francesco Totti, is available on a free transfer, Milan may have to help finance the move.

That after Poulsen signed a pre-contract agreement with Villarreal which had a penalty clause included should the Scandinavian pull out of the switch.

“The Villarreal story is now behind us,” stated Jorgen Bonnensen, the player’s agent. “Even if it is true that there is a clause.

“We could take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and win without paying a penny, but that would take too long and we would prefer to sort things out with Villarreal.

“It matters not who has to pay the amount, the most important thing is that Christian has made his decision.”

It’s believed that Milan will pay the reported £600,000 in question after Poulsen failed to sign a permanent agreement before a March 10 deadline.

source: channel4.com

So the great dane has decided....it looks like a done deal now..

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
menon_inc said:
let's hope he fails the medical...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
What a soap opera, if German sources can be trusted. He has SIGNED contracts w/ Villareal, Milan + Inter + now his lawyer is working overtime to sort this shit out, LOL. Allegedly FIFA are monitoring the case already + it's Milan who are threatening disciplinary action (suspension) through FIFA if Poulsen fails to pay the penalty of 500 000 € for pulling out of the contract w/ Villareal. Fun times :D

http://de.sports.yahoo.com/03042006/30/transfer-gerangel-schalker-poulsen.html

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
I dont like him and i dont want him. Another total MISS OUT in the midfield.
Typical player withot technical abilities !!!

3 years we are buying only players for bench !!!
I still dont like Galliani`s politics. I cant understand him :head: !!!!

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
Passion for *9* said:
What a soap opera, if German sources can be trusted. He has SIGNED contracts w/ Villareal, Milan + Inter + now his lawyer is working overtime to sort this shit out, LOL. Allegedly FIFA are monitoring the case already + it's Milan who are threatening disciplinary action (suspension) through FIFA if Poulsen fails to pay the penalty of 500 000 € for pulling out of the contract w/ Villareal. Fun times :D

http://de.sports.yahoo.com/03042006/30/transfer-gerangel-schalker-poulsen.html
great, fine him and don't let him come here, save for cleaning the boots maybe.

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
Poulsen Close To Milan

Schalke midfielder Christian Poulsen claims he is close to agreeing a deal to sign for Serie A giants Milan.

However, the Danish international, whose current deal expires at the end of the season, has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement with Villarreal which has a penalty clause included should he pull out of the move.

"There is only Milan for me," he was quoted as saying in Extra Bladet. "Even if there are still a few details to iron out."

Milan are expected to pay the reported £600,000 to Villarreal.

Source: Goal.com

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Oh my god !~ I really confused !!!

Sometimes when i enter this post i would find a lot of people discuss Poulsen will come to Spain ( And there are some news that can prove he will go to Spain ). But sometimes when i enter here i would find other people say he will come to Milan ( And there are also some news discuss he will come to Milan ).

One of the best way i hope he will come to Milan free and then we sell his to Spain in winter !

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy1969 said:
great, fine him and don't let him come here, save for cleaning the boots maybe.
dun forget... he can oso be useful to Milan in other ways... to clean the tiolets... clean the locker room... pick up the balls after a practise session... go over to Roma & piss Totti... juz to name a few... =)

Reaction score
If you can't beat him, buy him!

Hello

Having followed Poulsen closely since his debut in the best danish league, I whish to join the debate.

I understand some in here consider him an unfair player. That imho is not true.
He is a hard player that stands his ground, and he wants to win matches. But I have never seen him perform any dirty tricks. As a matter of fact, I considered it his only fault. He was way to nice when people (like ex Lazio Simeone) was playing dirty.
So maybe some of the accusations agaisnt poulsen came from frustrations?
I certainly wouldent want to play opposite him as a playmaker.

I have never seen Poulsen perform any mean Vinie Jones like tricks, and I have never seen him perform Totti like braindead tackles.
I have never heard anything about him playing dirty. (unfortunately, as it would make him even more of a 100% player) IF he on the other hans has aquired nastyness. well all the better for the lucky team who gets him!

He is a very intilligent footballer, he runs a lot and the runs are purposefull. He is moving and playing both ways. Both when "they" have the ball, and when "we" have the ball.
He is physically strong, he is a good header and tackler he passes well and if he is allowed to move forward will score goals.

I have seen him pretty much take (an injured but still allmighty) Zidane out of a game (WC 2002) Totti (EC Portugal) and Kaka (UEFA cup), while stil playing his own game on the side.
So how many players in the world can do that? Gattuso? I sincerely doubt that.

My conlusion is that Poulsen, should he arrive in AC Milan, will get a lukewarm welcome from the fans at first. But after half a year, he will be appreciated.

And I for one will certainly look forward to see Poulsen against Viera and Emerson. And I shall certainly not be surprised if Poulsen wins that midfield battle.

Regards and rememeber the golden word in football:
"If you cant beat them: Buy them!"

I must be going.
Captain Spaulding

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Its not just goal.com and channel4 , also the Danish press today all reported that Milan already signed Poulsen , so we have just to say .. welcome .. :) .. I hated him for marking and provocating so much Kaka in the Schalke 04 .. but hey .. thats part of the game.. Kaka should learn to deal with that kind of situation..

Welcome Poulsen , I am sure you will impress.. but seems Ambrosini will leave us definitly ..

Again we have Dane in our team .. ;)

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
besikaka said:
Its not just goal.com and channel4 , also the Danish press today all reported that Milan already signed Poulsen , so we have just to say .. welcome .. :) .. I hated him for marking and provocating so much Kaka in the Schalke 04 .. but hey .. thats part of the game.. Kaka should learn to deal with that kind of situation..

Welcome Poulsen , I am sure you will impress.. but seems Ambrosini will leave us definitly ..

Again we have Dane in our team .. ;)

:( :( :( :( That will be the shame if Ambro leaves

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Capt. Spaulding said:
Hello

Having followed Poulsen closely since his debut in the best danish league, I whish to join the debate.

I understand some in here consider him an unfair player. That imho is not true.
He is a hard player that stands his ground, and he wants to win matches. But I have never seen him perform any dirty tricks. As a matter of fact, I considered it his only fault. He was way to nice when people (like ex Lazio Simeone) was playing dirty.
So maybe some of the accusations agaisnt poulsen came from frustrations?
I certainly wouldent want to play opposite him as a playmaker.

I have never seen Poulsen perform any mean Vinie Jones like tricks, and I have never seen him perform Totti like braindead tackles.
I have never heard anything about him playing dirty. (unfortunately, as it would make him even more of a 100% player) IF he on the other hans has aquired nastyness. well all the better for the lucky team who gets him!

He is a very intilligent footballer, he runs a lot and the runs are purposefull. He is moving and playing both ways. Both when "they" have the ball, and when "we" have the ball.
He is physically strong, he is a good header and tackler he passes well and if he is allowed to move forward will score goals.

I have seen him pretty much take (an injured but still allmighty) Zidane out of a game (WC 2002) Totti (EC Portugal) and Kaka (UEFA cup), while stil playing his own game on the side.
So how many players in the world can do that? Gattuso? I sincerely doubt that.

My conlusion is that Poulsen, should he arrive in AC Milan, will get a lukewarm welcome from the fans at first. But after half a year, he will be appreciated.

And I for one will certainly look forward to see Poulsen against Viera and Emerson. And I shall certainly not be surprised if Poulsen wins that midfield battle.

Regards and rememeber the golden word in football:
"If you cant beat them: Buy them!"

I must be going.
Captain Spaulding
Even if I smell ur an undercover ex member but I agree with u 100%.
I feel he will do us great & many ppl attacking him now will b defending him after few games.

I think Milan need some new DM.
I never was a fan of Gatu coz I feel Milan should do better.
Ambro is always Injured.
Pirlo is proving game after game that he is neutral.
Vogel isn’t getting a chance from our coach.

DM is our second priority 2 improve after the RB postion.
I cant wait 2 see him play with us.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
Rustamka_Ambro said:
:( :( :( :( That will be the shame if Ambro leaves

Damnnnnnnn ..... say it ain't so !

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
So Poulsen signed for Villareal, then for Milan. But Milan refused to pay compensation to Villareal to suspend his contract. Then he signed with Inter who were willing to pay Villareal.

Let's hope he goes to Inter, the move would fit him fine :D Bye-Bye career

Reaction score
Poulsen very good player and Suitable for milan

I think Milan need some new DM.
I never was a fan of Gatu coz I feel Milan should do better.
Ambro is always Injured.
Pirlo is proving game after game that he is neutral.
Vogel isn’t getting a chance from our coach.

gattuso very good in DM but he is very bad in the attacks , no passes or goals or cross's he can do .
ambro best DM in milan but you say he is always injured
vogel very good in DM and neutral in attacks , better than gattuso .
pirlo no he's very good player in the central , but he can play " CM " better than " DM " .
gattuso = 80% defence - 10% attack.
pirlo = 30% defence - 70 % attacks .

poulsen very good DM he can stell the ball and he can play man to man wait any player " totti - Ronaldhino " .
and his passes and cross's good and can help the player in attacks .

thanks​

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
YES! Grazie Inter, with Matterazi he will make a nice pair of.... bushwackers, WTG !

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
is he really a inter player now?wow...everyone seems so happy :D

VanBastenFan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nothing official yet, but they said he broke his contract with a spanish team (was it Villareal?) and he is about to sign for Inter :)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
good riddance... i'm 1 of many here tat dun wan him in our team... =)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Milan scrap Poulsen move? Saturday 8 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports in the Italian Press this morning that Milan have abandoned their bid for Christian Poulsen after a medical.

Both the club and the Danish international had hinted that the deal was ready to be completed with a free transfer in the summer, even going so far as to tear up a pre-contract agreement with Villarreal.

Today there are suggestions that the move has collapsed because a preliminary medical found an ankle problem that the Rossoneri were not happy with.

However, there are also rumours that this is a smokescreen so that they can back out of their agreement to sign the Schalke 04 player.

Poulsen’s arrival caused controversy among the fans and squad, as he infuriated Milan with his rough marking of Kaka during their Champions League meetings earlier this season.

The players and Coach Carlo Ancelotti referred to his tactics as “anti-football” and “the actions of a coward,” while he had a particularly vicious set-to with Gennaro Gattuso.

Here is another reason for Poulsen to be persona non grata among the supporters – he would most likely push fan favourite Gattuso out of the squad.

The Danish international is no stranger to controversy in Italy, as he is the player who harangued Francesco Totti to such a degree that the Azzurri man spat at him in Euro 2004, earning a ban.

Wow..some1 here was hoping he would fail a medical and he did...Amazing stuff..

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti - De Rossi - Montella - Panucci - Mexes
I hope he doesnt go to Milan, for wat he did to Totti in Euro 2004, the dirty thug !!!

Although if he did come to Serie A it would be sweet to getsome revenge with this dirty player !

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
menon_inc said:
Milan scrap Poulsen move? Saturday 8 April, 2006

There are reports in the Italian Press this morning that Milan have abandoned their bid for Christian Poulsen after a medical.

Both the club and the Danish international had hinted that the deal was ready to be completed with a free transfer in the summer, even going so far as to tear up a pre-contract agreement with Villarreal.

Today there are suggestions that the move has collapsed because a preliminary medical found an ankle problem that the Rossoneri were not happy with.

However, there are also rumours that this is a smokescreen so that they can back out of their agreement to sign the Schalke 04 player.

Poulsen’s arrival caused controversy among the fans and squad, as he infuriated Milan with his rough marking of Kaka during their Champions League meetings earlier this season.

The players and Coach Carlo Ancelotti referred to his tactics as “anti-football” and “the actions of a coward,” while he had a particularly vicious set-to with Gennaro Gattuso.

Here is another reason for Poulsen to be persona non grata among the supporters – he would most likely push fan favourite Gattuso out of the squad.

The Danish international is no stranger to controversy in Italy, as he is the player who harangued Francesco Totti to such a degree that the Azzurri man spat at him in Euro 2004, earning a ban.

Wow..some1 here was hoping he would fail a medical and he did...Amazing stuff..

What a relief! I know this is just channel4 but it did make me feel better.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
peaboss said:
What a relief! I know this is just channel4 but it did make me feel better.

Me too :D

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
yea, i don't kow what Milan were thinking in the first place.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
seems he's a true "persona non grata". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule