Ronaldo Thread

Ronnieboy will

• Total voters

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
zidane and ronaldo r teh 2 best players in history for me personally.

from my biased perspective..these r the only two players that i would go out of my way to watch. of course i've only watched milan games regularly since i was a wee kid but if zidane was playing, i'd have 2 peep. if ronaldo was playing, i'd have 2 peep.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What about this. Can Pele really be counted as one of the best ever?

Football was so different back then. Competition wasn't so fierce and defenders didn't really know how to handle someone with a big talent.

But on the other hand, the attackers were handled very tough and aggressive, bad rules etc.

I can't really make up my mind. But I'm leaning more towards no, ultimately I don't think someone from that era can be counted as the best ever. I mean, how many have really seen Pele in a full game? Isn't he more of a myth?

I know it's off-topic but Brazilians and comparisons Pele has been discussed so...

I agree with you on this. I always think it's a bit of pointless to compare players, much more players from different ages and that few have really followed/watched.

Pelé was one of the greats, there's no doubt about that because of his accomplishments and skills, this can't be denied. But of course there is a huge myth surrounding him. In Brazil he was made God-like by the journalists and a dictatorship seeking to use him, football, mass-media, Seleção and World Cups to create a national identity around football.

All that stuff that people call today as Samba football, or Joga Bonito, or "futebol arte" in Brazil, is nothing new. It was first created in the 60's in Brazil, the work of intelectuals, journalists and politicians. More than that, this idea was exported, and with such success that one can find Brazilian supporters all around the world 40 years after.

All that was at first built around Seleção and of course around the face, goals and the myth of Pelé. So it's hard for us, 40 years after, to know exactly where the myth ends and the football starts. And I think it's pointless to know this anyway.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
zidane and ronaldo r teh 2 best players in history for me personally.

from my biased perspective..these r the only two players that i would go out of my way to watch. of course i've only watched milan games regularly since i was a wee kid but if zidane was playing, i'd have 2 peep. if ronaldo was playing, i'd have 2 peep.
:star::star::star:<3 you bruh n/h:star::star::star:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I agree with you on this. I always think it's a bit of pointless to compare players, much more players from different ages and that few have really followed/watched.

Pelé was one of the greats, there's no doubt about that because of his accomplishments and skills, this can't be denied. But of course there is a huge myth surrounding him. In Brazil he was made God-like by the journalists and a dictatorship seeking to use him, football, mass-media, Seleção and World Cups to create a national identity around football.

All that stuff that people call today as Samba football, or Joga Bonito, or "futebol arte" in Brazil, is nothing new. It was first created in the 60's in Brazil, the work of intelectuals, journalists and politicians. More than that, this idea was exported, and with such success that one can find Brazilian supporters all around the world 40 years after.

All that was at first built around Seleção and of course around the face, goals and the myth of Pelé. So it's hard for us, 40 years after, to know exactly where the myth ends and the football starts. And I think it's pointless to know this anyway.

Garrincha's rated as highly as Pele in Brazil isn't he?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And Bobby Moore is rated higher than Gary Lineker. It works that way. :D

Don't see much wrong in that tbh. It's those who think Bobby Moore is the greatest Englishman of all time, when he clearly isn't, that get's a bit annoying.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
If i wa there i would have gone skydiving from top tier fcukkkkkkkkkkkk

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

doesnt get better than this. :proud::proud::proud:

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
abc

Who said Romario has scored 1000 goals? According to wikipedia he has scored 341 in 483 appearances and Ronaldo 352 in 515 appearances. Ronaldo was a prodigy when he was 17 years old and when he was twenty he was the best-playing with both feet, acceleration, very fast, very strong physically..He had his own choreography on the pitch..He flows between and around players like water..Unstoppable..By destiniy's faith the injuries stopped him ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJCXOMtaL8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAKUXRaCTs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz3f_-0BLsM&feature=related

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From a lot of brazilian sources, he will retire from football tomorrow.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
From a lot of brazilian sources, he will retire from football tomorrow.

Really?

How awesome it would be, to be able to turn back time and see him play that 2002 world cup again.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who said Romario has scored 1000 goals? According to wikipedia he has scored 341 in 483 appearances and Ronaldo 352 in 515 appearances. Ronaldo was a prodigy when he was 17 years old and when he was twenty he was the best-playing with both feet, acceleration, very fast, very strong physically..He had his own choreography on the pitch..He flows between and around players like water..Unstoppable..By destiniy's faith the injuries stopped him ..

Wikipedia lol

The celebration of the goal 1000:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really?

How awesome it would be, to be able to turn back time and see him play that 2002 world cup again.

Yep. The things really become hard for him after Corinthias got knock-out in Pre-Libertadores. Ronaldo is completely out of shape and form, can't even run anymore, he is a total liability to the team. The supporters are turning against him.

He should have retired last year, would have avoided all this.

But whatever, a great player and a great career.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yep. The things really become hard for him after Corinthias got knock-out in Pre-Libertadores. Ronaldo is completely out of shape and form, can't even run anymore, he is a total liability to the team. The supporters are turning against him.

He should have retired last year, would have avoided all this.

But whatever, a great player and a great career.

One can only imagine what he could have done if he had a better attitude/more motivation during the end of his career and more luck with injuries during the beginning and middle.

It's a shame really that he never won the CL.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
He can run, but doesn't want to. He's probably feeling pain while he does or doesn't have the stamina, most likely both.

Farewell my hero. There will never be a player like you, ever.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
This doesn't make sense bro.

It doesn't make sense if you haven't seen him play. Since I saw him play, I know that at times, he does make decent sprints and runs with the ball. The problem is these are too rare and he doesnt make any effort to receive the ball in space, rather just stands at the top of the box and waits for the ball to be passed to him. Since he obviously CAN run, the only reasonable explanation is that he doesn't WANT to, and its most likely due to lack of endurance/stamina, or he doesn't want to feel pain in the knees, which he feels when he runs.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Immedeatly played a game of FIFA because it will probably be the last time i CAN play with O Fenomeno.

And yes, against a french gaylord with skill level 27 that chose Chelsea vs Corinthians this is his answer in the 82nd minute at a score of 1-1 :D.

Farewell hero! Enjoy the cigars.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
well, then he can't run... if he has pain and bad stamina.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
One of the best ever. :star: :star: :star:

PSV_676879j.jpg

landslag_676881j.jpg

barca_676883j.jpg

barcajubel_676912j.jpg

1997_676910j.jpg

flickvan_676909j.jpg

VM_676902w.jpg

ronaldoflagga_676906j.jpg

bast_676903j.jpg

rolle3_676907j.jpg

milan_676880j.jpg

skadan_676894j.jpg

ron-bildos_1246338k.jpg

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense if you haven't seen him play. Since I saw him play, I know that at times, he does make decent sprints and runs with the ball. The problem is these are too rare and he doesnt make any effort to receive the ball in space, rather just stands at the top of the box and waits for the ball to be passed to him. Since he obviously CAN run, the only reasonable explanation is that he doesn't WANT to, and its most likely due to lack of endurance/stamina, or he doesn't want to feel pain in the knees, which he feels when he runs.

lol so let me clear this: he can't run on a consistent basis, for an entire game, like a fotballer should be able to do in modern football.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One can only imagine what he could have done if he had a better attitude/more motivation during the end of his career and more luck with injuries during the beginning and middle.

I think people would take it easy with him if not for the fact that he is fat. His injuries, his age, all that would excuse an eventual drop of form. But this one shows a really bad attitude, it's not cool for his image, or for any professional footballer, to have a belly like this.

But from now on he deserves to be remembered for all his accomplishments.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
well, then he can't run... if he has pain and bad stamina.
There are extents to which you can play against the pain barrier. What I'm saying is could have done those rare runs more often, if he didnt want to avoid it due to pain/laziness, which coupled with the stamina issue turned him into a cone upfront for literally 99% of the time.

heres a comp of his last game (in the career too apparently), youll see what I mean

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol so let me clear this: he can't run on a consistent basis, for an entire game, like a fotballer should be able to do in modern football.

why the lol, that is precisely it. If he pushed himself a little bit more he would have probably been much better, then again he probably would have injured himself and not played at all:(

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Man, he's big. Don't know how he went from the most athletic player in the world to the size of a cathedral.

Still, sad to see him gone. A huge player in our time, and a synonym for football during most of our lives.

Farewell, Ronaldo.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Woah didn't realise how fat he was, no wonder he can't carry on playing!

Sad to see him retire, although he basically retired the day he went back to Brazil. Such a good player when he was thin and had desire, one of the best.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just read a small story. Apparently at WC 98 Ronaldo walked into the press room and was hounded by about 100 people asking for interviews, pictures, autographs ect. He ignored every single one of them until at the end of the room he saw Sir Bobby Robson. He walked over, gave him a hug + had a long conversation with him.

Stranger

Banned
Reaction score
farewell the greatest player i ever witnessed :proud:

this is my fav jersey ever three versions 1998 2002 and 2006 :D

163611_484262407366_796347366_5733524_1501480_n.jpg

Just read a small story. Apparently at WC 98 Ronaldo walked into the press room and was hounded by about 100 people asking for interviews, pictures, autographs ect. He ignored every single one of them until at the end of the room he saw Sir Bobby Robson. He walked over, gave him a hug + had a long conversation with him.
was his mentor at barca even he had a book on ronaldo i read it on the book shop itself , very small but i liked it :d

even the oh my god look on robson after that epic goal :D

Last edited: