Francesco Acerbi Thread

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
8/01/2014 GOOD LUCK ACERBI and WEAH'S GESTURE

A thought for former defender Francesco Acerbi ahead of Sassuolo-Milan.

MILAN – Milan’s remarkable fight-back last season, which ended with the Rossoneri finishing third in the league table, is often a subject of discussion in light of the club’s current situation.

For many, that comeback started at Napoli last season when Milan overturned a 0-2 deficit to draw 2-2. On the pitch that day from the first moment to the last was Francesco Acerbi.

Influential on and off the pitch, and remembered fondly as an honest and reliable person during his time with the club, the current Sassuolo defender had a testicular tumour removed in July but has recently confirmed a cancer relapse.

However, Acerbi did receive a pleasant surprise this week after a phone call from his idol George Weah.

The defender sent a message via twitter to Weah to wish him a happy new year and Weah responded by giving his support and encouragement.

A fantastic gesture by Weah and which will have been appreciated by Acerbi who is going through the biggest fight of his life right now.

Milan Family :proud: :star:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
1011675_811384715545184_1324067650_n.jpg

ahh fuck man this is sad :(
fuck cancer. it's 2014 ffs time to find some cure

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Poor guy...Dad died, dropped by Italy, sold by Milan, gets testicular cancer, gets cleared then cancer returns. Hope he catches a break soon :thumbsup:

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Wish him all the best! I am certain he will be alright

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
I have a friend who got testicular cancer....but he is clear now and has been for years.
keep fighting the good fight acerbi.
you beat it before and you'll beat it again

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I wish you the best Acerbi, dont pray much but I will surely do for you :thumbsup:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Saturday February 15 2014 Acerbi: 'Pain is temporary'

Sassuolo defender Francesco Acerbi explained why he’s training during chemotherapy. “Pain is only temporary.”

The former Chievo, Genoa and Milan player celebrated his 26th birthday this week, but is fighting a relapse of the testicular cancer that had already been diagnosed in June.

Despite going through a course of chemotherapy, Acerbi can still be seen jogging at the club’s training ground.

I stop and think that pain is only temporary,” wrote Acerbi on Twitter today.

I never stop training because I know that soon I will be back on the field with my team.”

A testicular tumour was discovered during a routine medical over the summer, as blood tests showed some irregularities.

It was removed with surgery, but Acerbi then failed a doping test in December, showing elevated levels of a hormone that is created by tumours.

Whereas doctors had opted only for an operation the first time round, the relapse pushed them to advise a course of chemotherapy.

Speedy recovery ACE :star: and Happy Birthday!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I love this kind of attitude

Pain indeed is temporary

I hope he recovers quickly and reaches his potential as a footballer he is really a good player but seemed very timid/cautious while playing for us. I'd still take him before Mexes or any of the CBs we have right now.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Yeah no. I do feel sorry for the lad but he was a very poor defender, particularly for us. I am sympathetic towards him cause of what he has been through but he is a terrible cb and players like him dont belong to milan. Neither does current mexes btw or zapata either. They are all trash.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah no. I do feel sorry for the lad but he was a very poor defender, particularly for us. I am sympathetic towards him cause of what he has been through but he is a terrible cb and players like him dont belong to milan. Neither does current mexes btw or zapata either. They are all trash.

wtf is wrong with u? did your mother drop you a lot as a kid?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
wtf is wrong with u? did your mother drop you a lot as a kid?

U suffer from brain hemorrhage or something? Did u actually think acerbi was a quality player u dickwad? Now ho cry to ur momma ok.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Good luck, Francesco!

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
thumb

He won the fight twice and came back stronger :star: