Week 22: AC Milan - Hellas Verona 02/02/2020 15:00 CET

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Well, since there is two days left til the game and no one opened the thread I felt like I should.

Oh by the way, I have a 31% win percentage when opening threads for Serie A games. 4 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses. Not my fault :o

Lets keep the momentum up. Forza Milan!!!!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was about to suggest Biglia to start since Bennacer is suspended, but turns out he's still injured. What a fraud.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I was about to suggest Biglia to start since Bennacer is suspended, but turns out he's still injured. What a fraud.

Your suggestions always bad so it will be fine

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Your suggestions always bad so it will be fine

Rebic SS, Samu RW/RM, Hakan LM, Pioli over Giampaolo, .
I'd say the suggestions that were implemented have turned out well.

How's your Andre Silva doing?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
EPm4zrTU0AAiTQr

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Rebic SS, Samu RW/RM, Hakan LM, Pioli over Giampaolo, .
I'd say the suggestions that were implemented have turned out well.

How's your Andre Silva doing?

- you would rather bonaventura at lm than rebic.
- pioli is still trash
- hakan hasn’t proven anything yet, he always had 2-3 wc performances every season
- Everyone wanted suso gone (in the summer) so it was only a matter of time before samu got his chance.

___
I was rooting for andre silva and wanted him to get more playing time than cuntrone, he never did so he left.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- you would rather bonaventura at lm than rebic.

I didn't. I was never a big fan of Bona. It was Hakan over Rebic at LM, because Rebic is a forward, not a midfielder.
However Bona showed against Torino and SPAL that he can still be okayish at LM as long as there's a decent understanding and cooperation between him and the forwards. There's no such understanding or cooperation between him and Leao.

- hakan hasn’t proven anything yet, he always had 2-3 wc performances every season

Hakan is the least bad option for LM.
I've never been a fan of him either. Inconsistent and undependable. But still the least bad option we've got for that role.

- Everyone wanted suso gone (in the summer) so it was only a matter of time before samu got his chance.

Most of you were defending Rino's and Giampaolo's decision to permanently bench Samu.

I was rooting for andre silva and wanted him to get more playing time than cuntrone, he never did so he left.

:lol:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No Suso guys!!! Not that he even played,after Samu benched him,but it feels good that Zuzu is not in the club anymore.
Also this Kumbulla guy from Verona they praise him,like really talented defender.It will be very tough match,we will struggle without Benacer this game.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn't. I was never a big fan of Bona. It was Hakan over Rebic at LM, because Rebic is a forward, not a midfielder.
However Bona showed against Torino and SPAL that he can still be okayish at LM as long as there's a decent understanding and cooperation between him and the forwards. There's no such understanding or cooperation between him and Leao.

Hakan is the least bad option for LM.
I've never been a fan of him either. Inconsistent and undependable. But still the least bad option we've got for that role.

Most of you were defending Rino's and Giampaolo's decision to permanently bench Samu.

Bonaventura has really been below average. I don’t understand why your fave keeps starting him.

I want us to test a leao- rebic- ibra- samu, at least ones, at least against midtable teams

Regarding castillejo
a5745727fde55e09b41d4f828129f11e.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want us to test a leao- rebic- ibra- samu, at least ones, at least against midtable teams

You got to see it against Torino, and you'll get to see it again the next time the team is trailing. Those are the only moments it's worth the risks.

Why would you even want this ultra-attacking lineup when there's Theo at LB, and a defensively weak midfield duo?
The current team is not struggling to create chances. We've come a long way since the 4-3-3 with Hakan-Piatek-Suso, Biglia and RicRod.

Regarding castillejo
a5745727fde55e09b41d4f828129f11e.jpg

So you were also one of the few Samusexuals during that era? You just gained my respect.:proud:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Bennacer out I‘d favor Hakan at LM to get some passing range back into midfield.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bona's efficacy in a 4-4-2 is almost nothing. When fit, he's very good in a 3-man midfield as the left mezz'ala.

Likewise, Castillejo is great against average defences in a 4-4-2. In pretty much every other situation, he's pointless.

These are all limited players with specific circumstances in which they shine.

Hakan does better than both of them in any lineup, because of his great range in traversing the field. His defensive threshold makes him an automatic starter in a squad like ours.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
It will be a shame to see Kessie and Krunic on the pitch and Rebic on the bench while he's in this form.

Why would you even want this ultra-attacking lineup when there's Theo at LB, and a defensively weak midfield duo?

Because it's awesome to watch. :D

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Qaas, hope you're ready to alt+F4 stream if we need it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Who are in card trouble?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Krunic-Kessie midfield is going to be interesting. I'm more worried than hopeful.

We really have pathetic depth at CM considering 4-4-2 is the chosen formation. Imagine injury to Kessie and new suspensions for Bennacer. Krunic and Hakan CM?

It's hard to understand why we didn't buy a CM. I guess the only reason is because new investments will happen under a new ownership.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli: "Kjaer and Zlatan have had the flu for 2-3 days and I don't know if we can summon them, problems with Krunic too, we have some difficulties".

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli: "Kjaer and Zlatan have had the flu for 2-3 days and I don't know if we can summon them, problems with Krunic too, we have some difficulties".

I sense Musa and Roma both getting a yellow from the ref, so they miss the derby. No Zlatan means Leao + Rebic. And, Krunic out means Kessie + Hakan CMs?

Exactly why we needed more midfielders.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Verona are in form and right behind us in the table with a game in hand. With so many players out, this will be a serious test

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score

Maldini resta

from recent games Verona is REALLY dangerous in attack, and with our recent defensive instabilities and wins by flukes it will be a serious test for Pioli, maybe his first of the season.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This will show if Ibra needs to be on the field to have an effect on the squad, or if they've learned something by having him around this last month.

Several players on a roll here with plenty talent who can win us this game. Theo, Samu, Rebic, Leao, even Kebab. Surely good games by these players will secure us a win. We have the talent, we just have to show up on the day.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Don't stress fellas, tomorrow we will demolish hellas Verona.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
bona's efficacy in a 4-4-2 is almost nothing. When fit, he's very good in a 3-man midfield as the left mezz'ala.

Likewise, castillejo is great against average defences in a 4-4-2. In pretty much every other situation, he's pointless.

These are all limited players with specific circumstances in which they shine.

Hakan does better than both of them in any lineup, because of his great range in traversing the field. His defensive threshold makes him an automatic starter in a squad like ours.
+1

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
So it'll be:

Conti Musa Roma Theo
Bona Kessie Hakan Samu
Leao Rebic

Or should go back to 4-3-3

Conti Musa Roma Theo