Ronaldinho Thread

So, how about Ronnie at the San Siro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's been the best of a bad bunch in the last couple of games, now that Milan's entire system is geared towards getting the ball to him in dangerous areas and getting runners into the box for his crosses. He doesn't look to beat players, he just tries to get a yard and put a ball across, and he's doing that very, very well.

Credit to Ronaldinho for finding a way to play without pace, and to Leonardo for finding a way to make him effective, but it's made Milan worryingly one-dimensional. A good team will be able to shut him out unless he actually looks to take defenders on.

Ronaldinho creates around 10 chances per game and our ******** attackers fuck them up ( or score like 1-2 of them) he is the only one that actually CREATES a play, clarence links the attack but doesnt offer 20% of what dinho offers in terms of assists or even making chances, Pirlo? he has played well a few games(when against crap opposition or not marked) but we can get Flamini and he would do a better job which is basicly make sideway passes and useless long balls and he would actually offer something defensively and it would actually balance the side.

My point is, before you say Dinho's plays will be "eaten up" by top opposition, look at what clarence and pirlo offer to the table in terms of creating chances when playing normal opposition.

I wouldn't dispute that Pirlo's been shite of late, but his and Seedorf's contribution can't be compared to Ronaldinho's, because neither of them just gets to stand on the corner of the box and wait to be given the ball. In fact, they spend their whole game trying to get the ball to Ronaldinho.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
effectiveness of seedorf to team goal is admirable those one twos between dinho or switching it to the right flank but i cant say the same thing about the other one, the other one strolls all around the park, wtf is he a shadow or something always coming second :O

only time he gets possession is from nesta and he gives a sideways pass to ambro or to seedorf

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He's been the best of a bad bunch in the last couple of games, now that Milan's entire system is geared towards getting the ball to him in dangerous areas and getting runners into the box for his crosses. He doesn't look to beat players, he just tries to get a yard and put a ball across, and he's doing that very, very well.

Credit to Ronaldinho for finding a way to play without pace, and to Leonardo for finding a way to make him effective, but it's made Milan worryingly one-dimensional. A good team will be able to shut him out unless he actually looks to take defenders on.

I wouldn't dispute that Pirlo's been shite of late, but his and Seedorf's contribution can't be compared to Ronaldinho's, because neither of them just gets to stand on the corner of the box and wait to be given the ball. In fact, they spend their whole game trying to get the ball to Ronaldinho.

He doesnt need his pace to create chances, but a few classy runs on sunday proved he CAN run and take on defenders he just chooses to launch passes for borriello and co. to fuck up.

Pirlo does work hard, but its useless, he barely ever wins back the ball, its ALL Ambrosini and ofcourse the defence, they win the ball back, pass it to pirlo who will either pass it dinho on his side, or make a long ball to zambrotta or whoever is on the right flank.

Seedorf plays higher up the pitch and rarely goes back to win the ball, unless Milan are under pressure.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He doesnt need his pace to create chances, but a few classy runs on sunday proved he CAN run and take on defenders he just chooses to launch passes for borriello and co. to fuck up.

He did run with the ball a bit on Saturday, because Palermo backed off him and invited him to.

Anyway, I'm willing to leave him alone for a while as long as he's bothering his arse to contribute something and there are other players doing the square root of fuck all.

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
In Mad's defense (seriously this time :D ) He does have a point. IF Dinho were to do the things that he asks...big "if".....he would be a phenomenal player....we have been sooo shit for sooo long that we have lowered our standards. I don't expect to see a Barca '05/06 Dinho but we could get a pretty damn good one. If he's truly Kaka's replacement- then he must produce as Kaka does/did.

As far as Seedorf and Pirlo go they do bust their ass for Milan. Sure their output is arguably less than Dinho's but that's not the point. They were never in his calibre to start with. So saying that Dinho played better than Clarence is a bit of an oxymoron because he's SUPPOSED to play better than Seedorf. The fact that Seedorf is even close enough to him for comparison is sort of an indictment on Rona himself.

Neither do they get paid a Ronaldinho-sized salary. Milan doesn't pay Dinho a 95% salary even though it's by far the most of his total salary so why should we be be satisfied with a Dinho @ 95% of what he could do NOW when the 5% may actually be the difference between Milan being good and downright scary to the attack.

Yes he does have to move his ass and our attack wouldn't even grow in proportion to the extra percentage he put in...it would increase exponentially However I suspect even this development may be on the way. Dinho's OVERALL workrate has grown and inasmuch as the team has been moulded around him, he needs to adjust himself (moving his ass as it were which really means making the off the ball runs and the occasional half hearted attempt at defense) for the transformation to be complete :cool:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Its just amazing how the focus is still around Ronaldinho when there are several other more pressing problems, like Pirlo, fullbacks (esp. Zambrotta), Pato on the right. And the most pathetic thing is to downplay his contribution just because Seedorf also does his job well connecting the lines. For the last time, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE DIFFERENT POSITIONS, one can run more and connect the lines better, other runs less but can work more magic in the final third. They are both doing their jobs well, others arent, like Pato the right winger, Zambrotta the slow clueless fullback and Pirlo the defensively incompetent and ball giving dm.

As for Ronaldinho's game not working against big teams is plain wrong. The latest ridiculous criticism about him crossing too often is actually something that happens against teams that play the bunker game and theres no space for throughballs. Bigger teams would play more open and leave more space for other stuff, but still the biggest problems with crosses is the strikers not using them, since they are 99% of the time dangerous as hell.

The only thing that can be noticed is that he can roam more around the pitch but in some way that is ungrateful to mention with all the other problems and the fact that it is a thing that Leonardo should direct Ronaldinho to do. for all we know maybe Leo wants exactly this from Dinho.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

i'm gonna have to agree. Boriello, abate, seedorf connect these chances and he's heralded w/ a 9.0 goal.com rating and oozing orgasms. Sometimes it doesn't happen. I'd like to see him score more, but if he can feed the team like this, then i'll live.

He still hasn't got his free kick going which he has made consistantly over his career too.

That being said all his complaints over predictability are a joke. It works, he leads serie A in assists. Dunno what else you need. It's not like kaka has a barage of moves.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Its just amazing how the focus is still around Ronaldinho when there are several other more pressing problems, like Pirlo, fullbacks (esp. Zambrotta), Pato on the right. And the most pathetic thing is to downplay his contribution just because Seedorf also does his job well connecting the lines. For the last time, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE DIFFERENT POSITIONS, one can run more and connect the lines better, other runs less but can work more magic in the final third. They are both doing their jobs well, others arent, like Pato the right winger, Zambrotta the slow clueless fullback and Pirlo the defensively incompetent and ball giving dm.

As for Ronaldinho's game not working against big teams is plain wrong. The latest ridiculous criticism about him crossing too often is actually something that happens against teams that play the bunker game and theres no space for throughballs. Bigger teams would play more open and leave more space for other stuff, but still the biggest problems with crosses is the strikers not using them, since they are 99% of the time dangerous as hell.

The only thing that can be noticed is that he can roam more around the pitch but in some way that is ungrateful to mention with all the other problems and the fact that it is a thing that Leonardo should direct Ronaldinho to do. for all we know maybe Leo wants exactly this from Dinho.
*ahem* you're talking to the guy that insulted a player who didn't play to no end while allowing the likes of Gilardino, who was missing sitters/penalites/diving like a pussy all season long, to go scot free :proud:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
*ahem* you're talking to the guy that insulted a player who didn't play to no end while allowing the likes of Gilardino, who was missing sitters/penalites/diving like a pussy all season long, to go scot free :proud:

yeah I know its a waste of time, but apparently everybody else aren't as blind thank God.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

STOP bringing this up. Everytime you do, you lose your credibility. Mad's bias against Ronaldinho speaks for itself.

PassandMove10

Primavera
Reaction score

Ok..I agree with you other points..but not this one...he did play with pace yesterday..He took on his man quite a bit too...why do you all keep saying the same things over and over again...

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As for Ronaldinho's game not working against big teams is plain wrong.

Well obviously there's no point in me replying since I'm "plain wrong", but I'm bored so I may as well make a tit of myself.

My worries about Milan becoming overly predictable are as much a criticism of Leonardo and the rest of the players as they are of Ronaldinho. Like I say, he's doing the predictable thing very well, and in some ways I quite like it, because he looks like he has a clear sense of direction, which is a refreshing change.

I'm not saying that he definitely won't be effective against better teams; I'm saying that if they organise themselves properly, and if their centre backs have their act together like Kjaer and Bovo did yesterday, they'll be able to keep him relatively quiet. Unless, that is, he ups his game and adds greater variation to his play, and this season he hasn't shown me that he can do that.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok..I agree with you other points..but not this one...he did play with pace yesterday..He took on his man quite a bit too...why do you all keep saying the same things over and over again...

I can't imagine why we keep saying this things. Could it be because you saying the opposite and presenting it as fact doesn't convince me to change my mind about a game I watched myself?

He wasn't looking to burst past players, he was using quick feet and trickery to work enough space to put a ball across. IT WORKED - I'm not complaining about his performance yesterday in the slightest.

PassandMove10

Primavera
Reaction score
I keep saying it because...you keep saying he isnt playing with pace..

1... he couldnt take on and go by his man all game because like most Serie A teams once a team is in possession that pack the box...plenty of times yesterday he was doubled up on..and what is he point of trying to take on two defenders just to lose it other than playing the simple ball or crossing it into the box were most players were either open or had single man marking since he was being doubled...

2. He had no help yesterday...there was no pato until the second half... and he had a very poor game by his standards... Pirlo was also below standards but thats another story...

3.) When he did have the space..he took on and beat his man...then he made a run..dribbling two players from midfield and then playing the ball in the box after three players were in his way...he also took on and beat his man took a shot headed for goal only for it to be blocked by Pato...

I keep posting the link to the youtube video...so that you could look at his highlights from yesterday...but you for some reason refuse to look at it...I think if you would...you would understand why what you posted is quite ridiculous... here is the link again...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8zkV0qWKTE I dont know how to post videos on here so its not spam...

Also if he`s on the left its because its were he`s comfortable...yesterday was not the type of game were he could roam around and create things...he had to do it from the left..and he did a damn good job...If you look at some of his old Barcelona matches youll see he was always on the left... and would cut inside and at times would drift inside and dictate from there...look at the video so I can stop having this discussion with you..

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1... he couldnt take on and go by his man all game because like most Serie A teams once a team is in possession that pack the box...plenty of times yesterday he was doubled up on..and what is he point of trying to take on two defenders just to lose it other than playing the simple ball or crossing it into the box were most players were either open or had single man marking since he was being doubled...

2. He had no help yesterday...there was no pato until the second half... and he had a very poor game by his standards... Pirlo was also below standards but thats another story...

3.) When he did have the space..he took on and beat his man...then he made a run..dribbling two players from midfield and then playing the ball in the box after three players were in his way...he also took on and beat his man took a shot headed for goal only for it to be blocked by Pato...

I keep posting the link to the youtube video...so that you could look at his highlights from yesterday...but you for some reason refuse to look at it...I think if you would...you would understand why what you posted is quite ridiculous... here is the link again...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8zkV0qWKTE I dont know how to post videos on here so its not spam...

Also if he`s on the left its because its were he`s comfortable...yesterday was not the type of game were he could roam around and create things...he had to do it from the left..and he did a damn good job...If you look at some of his old Barcelona matches youll see he was always on the left... and would cut inside and at times would drift inside and dictate from there...look at the video so I can stop having this discussion with you..

I've seen the highlights, I watched the game, and, believe it or not, I do have a small amount of working knowledge of both Serie A and pre-Milan Ronaldinho. And yet, as much as it frustrates me that I can't see the light, I don't agree with you. Will you manage to sleep?

PassandMove10

Primavera
Reaction score
I can't imagine why we keep saying this things. Could it be because you saying the opposite and presenting it as fact doesn't convince me to change my mind about a game I watched myself?

He wasn't looking to burst past players, he was using quick feet and trickery to work enough space to put a ball across. IT WORKED - I'm not complaining about his performance yesterday in the slightest.

So basically your saying when the time comes...he wont be able to change his game for the bigger teams...Yesterday..he was crossing the ball..a lot because Palermo were playing very deep and compact...it wasnt an open game...but in an open game I think hell be just fine...

PassandMove10

Primavera
Reaction score
I've seen the highlights, I watched the game, and, believe it or not, I do have a small amount of working knowledge of both Serie A and pre-Milan Ronaldinho. And yet, as much as it frustrates me that I can't see the light, I don't agree with you. Will you manage to sleep?

:D yea... lets just end it here..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I didn't even know such a milan existed... where there any star of skills movements?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't even know such a milan existed... where there any star of skills movements?

I said pre-Milan Ronaldinho. We don't speak of pre-Ronaldinho Milan - dark times, with annoyingly perfect teeth and very little dancing.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score

TADA ... :D

And thats what bugs me. We have "experts" on here who say Dinho doesn't run because it is "impossible" for him to do so. Thats he's never done so, so doesn't need to now. Thats bull, because he can run, and yes, he even tracked back and won the ball from Kaka' against Madrid. If he can do it, then why was he alarmingly static against Zurich in a must-win game? He ran towards the end against Palermo, but it is nothing compared to the running Pirlo and Clarence do.

Pirlo is tired. As is Ambro. Clarence seemed to be tiring, but found some new breath out of nowhere starting from Sampdoria. Without this energy in the middle, there will be ZERO ATTACK, because our fabled attackers wont even get the ball.

Central midfields win games. Most top teams pack it with numbers ... three or even four central midfielders. Mainly because, they can keep the ball and win it back giving us balance. When playing just two, you need your attackers to drop back and help out. They haven't and it was only a matter of time before Pirlo + Ambro ran out of breath.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score

Well said.

Credit to Dinho for doing well. But credit as well to Pato + Bori for making the runs and connecting. Without those RUNS, nothing would've come out from those crosses. If Dinho could make similar runs like Pato, then perhaps Pato could try crossing, or Zambro :D/Abate to him similarly ...

Speaking of crosses from the right, with Becks coming, how do you think he would do in comparison to Dinho? Do you think he could cross better than Dinho? I don't know ... he won't be able to keep the defenders guessing ... but he'll surely run his ass off ;)

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Well said.

:star:Credit to Dinho for doing well.:star: But credit as well to Pato + Bori for making the runs and connecting. Without those RUNS, nothing would've come out from those crosses. If Dinho could make similar runs like Pato, then perhaps Pato could try crossing, or Zambro :D/Abate to him similarly ...

Speaking of crosses from the right, with Becks coming, how do you think he would do in comparison to Dinho? Do you think he could cross better than Dinho? I don't know ... he won't be able to keep the defenders guessing ... but he'll surely run his ass off ;)

I think we'll get along just fine :)

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romario, Robert Pires, Anelka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Deco
Keep it going...The debate is good...I hope he reads this so he can understand how much he means to the Milan team present day and future...People for him; People against him...If I was him, which clearly I'm not, every game I would I come here- read the debate....silence the critics, astonish the fans...or enforce the critics, disenfranchise the fans...All in all, it's all of you that makes Milan special...not R80, not Kaka..not Dorf nor Duck...

I for the most part love what he has done...He's brought skill- the only thing that was missing from this last game was LUCK....same as Zurich...If Lady Luck had been on our side (instead of Palermo- which obviously it was) the score sheet would have been different....We played a good game guys and gals...Lady Luck is one fine bitch but she wasn't listening to our lines yesterday...Hopefully will get her next week...

KEEP the debate going...

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well said.

Credit to Dinho for doing well. But credit as well to Pato + Bori for making the runs and connecting. Without those RUNS, nothing would've come out from those crosses.

Credit to Pato and Borri also. But to be very honest, Pato and Borri has fucked up as many chances as they have scored this year. A real clinical finisher instead of Borri or a more polished player instead of Pato and Dinho's assist tally could have been 15 instead of 8 and we could have been having 2 Seria A top scorers now in the same team too. Other side of the argument. Very fair opinion too.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Against Palermo he was working hard and gave many good balls to the strikers, they were just too dumb to put them into the net.
He could have had some assists on his side against Palermo, sadly Borri and Pato messed it all up!

Imo Dinho is doing great this season, making great assists. There's still room for improvement, that's true, but all in all he's much better than he was last season and he still can do better and I hope he will show that.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
yea that game he was really good, great passes and play for our strikers, hope he could regain some speed, then he would be the man.

Reaction score
We need goal attemp from him also since the strikers are in most cases messing the assist from him.I also believ hunterlar will play well with him just dont know why leo keeps him on bench

fifaguy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i thought that dinho could have owned inside the box against palermo; all he needed to do was shoot instead of pass. he only tried once, and his laser might have gone in if pato hadn't stuck his f--g head on it and sent it toward the corner flag. time for dinho to be a little more selfish in this regard - take some lessons from guys like dorf and zambrotta who shoot every time they can...

Schedule