Week 11: Milan vs Juventus - Saturday 28/10/2017 18:00 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand Musacchio in the center actually. Romagnoli looked so much better because he played in the center and had increased passing options.

It's either this or finding a LWB to replace Borini since he has to shift to the right as we won't risk Calabria. I think Musacchio will do great in the middle. His job won't be to play the ball, rather he'll be tasked to sweep behind the other two and keeping his passes simple.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
4WhEWpa.jpg
vs
DBbIqKxXoAE4DQd.jpg

good times - http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=14869&page=141

Beautiful

Should be the opening post

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It's either this or finding a LWB to replace Borini since he has to shift to the right as we won't risk Calabria. I think Musacchio will do great in the middle. His job won't be to play the ball, rather he'll be tasked to sweep behind the other two and keeping his passes simple.

Hmm.. Let's see how it goes.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I pray to god Zapata won't have one of his stroke episodes during that game.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Will Bonuci play in this match ?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
With Zapata starting a big game i have no hope. Thats what the years have taught me.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

Looking forward to Kalinic starting.

I mean, sure, Andre Silva has an exquisite instagram account, but can he sidefoot it past a flailing Sorrentino on a balmy Veronese evening? I don't know.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't like this lineup at all, too many changes from the Chievo match.
Why fucking move around the entire squad just to accommodate for a missing Calabria? :cry:
Just fucking play Abate or Antonelli.

My theory on Abate is that he's at the core of the dissent in the locker room, and he has been frozen out. My theory on him also is that he is a bit shit.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Zapata 97.

Really enjoying your tactical breakdowns btw. Amid the defeatism and depression on here, they are like a breath of fresh air. Keep it coming.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Borigol gonna win this for us

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Looking forward to Kalinic starting.

I mean, sure, Andre Silva has an exquisite instagram account, but can he sidefoot it past a flailing Sorrentino on a balmy Veronese evening? I don't know.

:lol:

Really enjoying your tactical breakdowns btw. Amid the defeatism and depression on here, they are like a breath of fresh air. Keep it coming.

+1

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
My theory on Abate is that he's at the core of the dissent in the locker room, and he has been frozen out. My theory on him also is that he is a bit shit.

Very compelling theory :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Thanks!

Seems like Montella tested Abate at RWB, so maybe he'll keep the team from Chievo and just replace Calabria... But he's kept out Musacchio for Zapata also. I don't know, maybe he doesn't want to change what worked on Wednesday...

Kind of disappointed we're not playing Rodriguez on the left if that happens.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Montella tested this lineup today: Donnarumma; Zapata, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Abate, Kessie, Biglia, Borini; Suso, Çalhanoglu; Kalinic [Sky].

Zapata instead of Musacchio? Unreal if true

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like the simplistic height logic in playing Zapata against teams which score several headers.

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
I like the simplistic height logic in playing Zapata against teams which score several headers.

Maybe he prevents a possible header but allows goals by being out of position and passing to ..... the opposition. Zapata was a blight on us last year. There are better options this year. I don't mind him against Chievo but no way against Juve.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Don't like this lineup at all, too many changes from the Chievo match.
Why fucking move around the entire squad just to accommodate for a missing Calabria? :cry:
Just fucking play Abate or Antonelli.

its true that romagnoli looked more at ease last game playing at the center so no need to experiment again and change his position.
in that occasion we have the following scenarios:
- romagnoli center, rodriguez lcb and musacchio/Zapata rcb; abate on the right, borini left
- romagnoli center, rodriguez lcb and musacchio/Zapata rcb; borini on the right, antonelli left
- romagnoli center, musacchio lcb and Zapata rcb; borini on the right, rodriguez left.

in my opinion the most important thing is that whoever plays in lwb-rwb positions will be willing and capable to help lcb-rcb in defence

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe he prevents a possible header but allows goals by being out of position and passing to ..... the opposition. Zapata was a blight on us last year. There are better options this year. I don't mind him against Chievo but no way against Juve.

When we expect to have less possession and more opposition players in our 'area' trying to find a through ball or trying to cross to someone's head, perhaps Zapata is a better option than Musacchio.

When we expect to build-up more and have more possession, I agree with you that Zapata brings little to the table.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
When we expect to have less possession and more opposition players in our 'area' trying to find a through ball or trying to cross to someone's head, perhaps Zapata is a better option than Musacchio.

No. Because in this scenario you want your players to remain focused so that the team absorbs the pressure until eventually possession is recovered. Zapata too often, is guilty of losing focus with misplaced passes, mistimed challenges and ballwatching.

Bonucci for Zapata, though Bonucci...well we know how that is going. :lol:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't expect a lot from this but forza milan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The turning point...
If we win, we are coming for that 4th place!

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don’t remember zapata playing bad against top teams tbh... he is only fodder against the likes of samp, genoa etc

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I don’t remember zapata playing bad against top teams tbh... he is only fodder against the likes of samp, genoa etc

That's true. He's also solid with the NT.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Champions League DNA running in Zapata's blood.

I feel sorry for Juventus.

Last edited:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Can’t wait to see Suso and his golden left leg. Forza Milan!

Schedule